Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Ruddha posted:

At one time there was a master and his disciple walking in the mountains. They passed two boys with a stand, selling live frogs for people to take home and eat. The young disciple told the old master to take a rest, saying he'd be right back. He bought all the frogs from the boys, who happily returned home. He threw the frogs one by one back into the river, who very happily swam and jumped. He returned to his master, who asked him, "You look happy, what happened?" the young monk replied "Oh, no problem! I saved the frogs!" The master said mournfully, "Oh, YOU saved them? Too bad! Now YOU go to hell!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

This is also my favorite grim fairy tale

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Spanish Manlove posted:

Every pyf thread must be rigidly organized and on theme. Any derailments or extraneous content will be vehemently purged with six hour probations.

maybe we can flip a coin over it?

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

IIRC the last pyf bans thread ended...poorly. Like helldump poorly (or I'm wrong, wouldn't be the first time)

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
EorayMel is doing good and brings up ones from 15+ years ago to laugh at fistgrrl oing super Saiyan blue over some teenager without a shift key

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Want to read the zen master “NOW it is a good post” post

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

idgi

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Ruddha posted:

The story where the buddha tells the angry young monk about pulling the arrow out rather than refusing until you know about who shot it, what kind of bow he used, where he was from, etc, but instead of "getting it", the monk goes "gently caress you bitch"

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Ruddha internalised the no mind of posting an was enlightened

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

That still doesn't make any sense and my take away is the two boys will go out and recapture the frogs because the stupid monk has created a sustainable industry based on animal cruelty. The moral action would have been to drown the two boys and release the frogs. Or eat the frogs. Or eat the boys and release the frogs. Or better yet kill and eat the master who seems like stupid rear end in a top hat.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Kenning posted:

gently caress off, ban archaeology is a reputable field of study.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Outrail posted:

That still doesn't make any sense and my take away is the two boys will go out and recapture the frogs because the stupid monk has created a sustainable industry based on animal cruelty. The moral action would have been to drown the two boys and release the frogs. Or eat the frogs. Or eat the boys and release the frogs. Or better yet kill and eat the master who seems like stupid rear end in a top hat.

seek enlightenment

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

RFC2324 posted:

seek enlightenment

Enlightenment is what you want it to be

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

RFC2324 posted:

seek enlightenment

Murray Mantoinette posted:

"Master," the young novice said, "your posting is so wise and powerful. How may I train myself so as to become as strong as you?"

The master open-palm slapped the novice on the head and spake "every day as soon as you rise, you must imagine, deep in your mind, an image of the living Buddha, as detailed and lifelike as you know him to be from your years of study. Follow along with this living apparition of the Enlightened One, mimicking his sublime movements, making whooshing noises as he frees himself from desire, even if you mess up the words of the sutras in your heart. Not many can say they have walked the eight-fold path. I can. I speak thus, even unto the other monks in this sangha and all they do is prove yet how far even our esteemed bhikkus have to walk upon this road. I've leaned all the sutras and I've learned true compassion by shouting them all. Two hours including meditation every mornING."

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

the koan thread was an all-timer

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Outrail posted:

the master is also a frog

at least according to george lucas

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Tunicate posted:

the master is also a frog

at least according to george lucas

And also eats frogs at every opportunity

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Marcade posted:

IIRC the last pyf bans thread ended...poorly. Like helldump poorly (or I'm wrong, wouldn't be the first time)

I can't see a PYF Bans thread not rapidly devolving into Schadenfreude posts, frequently from the person who filed the report. Eoray's bans of yore don't have the same effect because they're all so far in the past that it doesn't matter much any more.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

mm, good point. perhaps a pyf bans thread would descend into a furious, unmanageable mess, again. this is why we need the sagas thread back, to bleed off the pressure

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
all the best sagas involve copious amounts of bleeding

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Submitted for the approval of the Midnight Society, I call this saga The Tale of the Bleeding Anus.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

mm, good point. perhaps a pyf bans thread would descend into a furious, unmanageable mess, again. this is why we need the sagas thread back, to bleed off the pressure

Much as I miss the sagas thread the last incarnation didn't manage to last a week before it had to be closed, so its gonna be a bit before we are allowed another

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

well that's easily solved. we just need a second sagas thread, to keep either thread from reaching critical mass

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
You know how adding more lanes to a busy highway only creates more highway to have a traffic jam in

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Phy posted:

You know how adding more lanes to a busy highway only creates more highway to have a traffic jam in

as a resident of Houston I have been assured that the 27th lane of highway will finally solve all of our traffic problems once and for all

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

RFC2324 posted:

Much as I miss the sagas thread the last incarnation didn't manage to last a week before it had to be closed, so its gonna be a bit before we are allowed another

yeah if only this site had some kind of moderation or something to punish the rampant transphobia that ruined the last one

alas

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
periodic reminder that an admin locked and would not reopen the breezy sagas thread about literal sagas and other long stories bc it had the word "sagas" in the title.

sagas.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Rockman Reserve posted:

yeah if only this site had some kind of moderation or something to punish the rampant transphobia that ruined the last one

alas

The problems with the Sagas thread went way beyond the transphobia. The thread is toxic by nature because it functions as a mini Helldump/drama magnet and the forums have been measurably better for not allowing it

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Heath posted:

The problems with the Sagas thread went way beyond the transphobia. The thread is toxic by nature because it functions as a mini Helldump/drama magnet and the forums have been measurably better for not allowing it

this would be a much better argument if several iterations didn't go on for years without that happening even a little bit and end up in the goldmine, hth

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Yeah it's almost like the admins should ban people who love drama and post incessantly in every thread about drama, and spread drama to any threat they can. It's not subtle, and there's like a dozen posters responsible for it tops.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

alright, fine! three sagas threads! that should keep things nice and sedate, but i'm pretty sure four would be excessive.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Rockman Reserve posted:

this would be a much better argument if several iterations didn't go on for years without that happening even a little bit and end up in the goldmine, hth

It had constant spats and built a culture of people jumping in there to point at brewing drama so everybody could gawk at/jump in on it. The thread has been terrible for a long time. It usually got goldmined as a matter of course for being a "successful" thread but it is not compatible with a healthy culture, period

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

fool of sound posted:

Yeah it's almost like the admins should ban people who love drama and post incessantly in every thread about drama, and spread drama to any threat they can. It's not subtle, and there's like a dozen posters responsible for it tops.

Hey!

Drama thread was fun, and gave me a good place to be dramatic. I try not to be in other threads even if it leaks

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Heath posted:

It had constant spats and built a culture of people jumping in there to point at brewing drama so everybody could gawk at/jump in on it. The thread has been terrible for a long time. It usually got goldmined as a matter of course for being a "successful" thread but it is not compatible with a healthy culture, period

i mean, no? this just isn't really true and when PYF had decent moderation the rare instances of that were shut down quickly. when LAB left this place was essentially totally unmoderated for months and that's when the poo poo-stirrers and transphobes came out in force.

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

Yaldabaoth posted:

I never understood the point of researching AI when most humans just want servants that are 100% mindless. It's like some people can't get off unless they're treating a sapient being like a disposable tool.

Devils Affricate posted:

Imagine the impotent frustration you'd feel while beating to death a servant who couldn't care less

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Rockman Reserve posted:

i mean, no? this just isn't really true and when PYF had decent moderation the rare instances of that were shut down quickly. when LAB left this place was essentially totally unmoderated for months and that's when the poo poo-stirrers and transphobes came out in force.

Although ironically, before it went to hell, LAB leaving led to the thread briefly becoming its absolute best incarnation because that's when the KM stuff came out.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

If we just have a few more pages of the saga thread i think we can get to the bottom of this vtuber thing.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
it was fun but talking about things going on currently usually kinda derailed it but then everyone loves to poke the in house trainwreck.

stuff like p-p-powerbook and classic goon shenanigans and how it impacted some parts of the wider internet is always neato though

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
This thread sounds like quite the saga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yeah. someone should post a thread about it imo