Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

CongoJack posted:

Oh thats a good one. I have a friend who wants to move to west Seattle so I sent them this https://redf.in/Q6yJoE

Oh hey look it's had a price drop!

this property looks like it controls street access for multiple neighbors. I smell a tollportunity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I guess it's called the Great Deceleration now lol https://fortune.com/2022/06/07/housing-market-inventory-levels-are-rising-again-breakdown-in-americas-400-largest-markets/

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

a fun little wrinkle I've discovered since buying a house for the first time this year, is that doing so must have tripped a bunch of flags in the automated scammer ecosystem because the volume of scam calls/texts/snail mail we've gotten since closing is truly ridiculous

everything from a piece of mail that looks like a paycheck but is actually a predatory loan who's terms you agree to by cashing it, to junk mail from home depot "congratulating" us on the purchase, to fake "missed package delivery" mail urging us to call some number

i wonder how much of the mass that the usps transports each day is just junk and scammy bullshit that immediately goes into the trash

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

bawfuls posted:

i wonder how much of the mass that the usps transports each day is just junk and scammy bullshit that immediately goes into the trash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDmToUzH44U

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

bawfuls posted:

a fun little wrinkle I've discovered since buying a house for the first time this year, is that doing so must have tripped a bunch of flags in the automated scammer ecosystem because the volume of scam calls/texts/snail mail we've gotten since closing is truly ridiculous

everything from a piece of mail that looks like a paycheck but is actually a predatory loan who's terms you agree to by cashing it, to junk mail from home depot "congratulating" us on the purchase, to fake "missed package delivery" mail urging us to call some number

ist most of it dude, just like the greater economy

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

TheSlutPit posted:

Galaxy brain: Buy the house after it's already burned down to--the risk is priced in!

Live Laugh Love

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

bawfuls posted:

iirc, Home Depot does send a few legit good coupons to new home buyers. or maybe that was in a stack of papers from my lender/title place idk

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Sick! Thats DOPE posted:

ist most of it dude, just like the greater economy
yes but I am a nerd I want to know exactly what proportion

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
Lol my mortgage broker just called and I might be boned. The lender doesn't like that it's a park model manufactured home even though I already paid the earnest money and got an approval letter and have ended my current lease and gotten rid of all my stuff aaaaa

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Schmeichy posted:

Lol my mortgage broker just called and I might be boned. The lender doesn't like that it's a park model manufactured home even though I already paid the earnest money and got an approval letter and have ended my current lease and gotten rid of all my stuff aaaaa

does it have a HUD plate?

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

Schmeichy posted:

You want Jokers? This is how you get jokers.

Woodsy Owl
Oct 27, 2004

Schmeichy posted:

Can you find another lender?

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Woodsy Owl posted:

Can you find another lender?

I've already tried like 4, I'm thinking I screwed myself. Maybe it will work out somehow...the stupid thing is I could probably get a loan for something that is like 4x the price easily but I don't want to be in debt forever in a neighborhood I'll hate

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

housing pls

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

housing machine broke :(

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

bawfuls posted:

It's because your mortgage information is semi-public. I refinanced earlier this year and have been swamped in scam texts, calls, and mail. I still get like 10 "hey, friend, it's been a while. Have you thought about selling *address* yet?" texts a day from unknown numbers

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

do any of you know how to file lawsuits against phone spammers where you get a paid settlement instead of going to court

its like a micro genre of video on tiktok but the guys who talk about it on tiktok want you to buy a course

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

wolfs posted:

do any of you know how to file lawsuits against phone spammers where you get a paid settlement instead of going to court

its like a micro genre of video on tiktok but the guys who talk about it on tiktok want you to buy a course

seems like a great way to end up committing suicide by shooting yourself three times in the face while zipped up in a duffelbag that you flung off a bridge

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Gotta get creative, can't scare the boss.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

TheSlutPit posted:

Galaxy brain: Buy the house after it's already burned down to--the risk is priced in!

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
me and my sister just put our dads house on the market today. come on baby, sell sell sell!

dodecahardon
Oct 20, 2008

TheSlutPit posted:

its got forced air heating

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Demon Of The Fall posted:

me and my sister just put our dads house on the market today. come on baby, sell sell sell!

why didnt you keep it to live in

I would like a house, gimme?

unless its in Kansas/Nebraska/ohio/Iowa/Oklahoma

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Xaris posted:

why didnt you keep it to live in

I would like a house, gimme?

unless its in Kansas/Nebraska/ohio/Iowa/Oklahoma

I don't want the house, it needs quite a bit of renovation/updating, and there's no way I can afford the area. its basically a tear down, the value is all in the lot and location.

edit: also half belongs to my sister, so I would have to buy her out, and lol at that

Woodsy Owl
Oct 27, 2004
Average 30 year fixed interest rate as of June 13 was 6.9% (according to Google)

Absolute madness

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Woodsy Owl posted:

Average 30 year fixed interest rate as of June 13 was 6.9% (according to Google)

Absolute madness

nice

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Rates were over 8% as recently as 2001

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Rates were over 8% as recently as 2001

houses did not cost at minimum 500k in 2001

Apr 7, 2003

anime was right posted:

houses did not cost at minimum 500k in 2001

Low rates are one of the reasons they do now though

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
the house I bought last year @ 145k has a zestimate of 190k now lol that can't possibly be right

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

mark immune posted:

the house I bought last year @ 145k has a zestimate of 190k now lol that can't possibly be right

sell sell sell

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

mark immune posted:

it probably isn't that number is hella made up.

i think they baseline add 45k to any sale price for the zestimate

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

mark immune posted:

sounds about right lol

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

it probably isn't that number is hella made up.

i think they baseline add 45k to any sale price for the zestimate

IDK, they have mine at $230k and my county assessment said $220k

both of those numbers are lol and not at all realistic

this is for a 2 bd, 1 ba house less than 900 sq ft in the suburbs of a smallish midwest city

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
When we did a refinance in February the mortgage place just went off the Zillow estimate and didn't even do a new appraisal. Uh, okay.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

External Organs posted:

When we did a refinance in February the mortgage place just went off the Zillow estimate and didn't even do a new appraisal. Uh, okay.

lol

Apr 7, 2003

I bought for $120k in 2015 with ~$80k left on the principal and I keep getting emails for cash-out refi at against an estimated $218k.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
It's up 25k since then what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

spacemang_spliff posted:

IDK, they have mine at $230k and my county assessment said $220k

both of those numbers are lol and not at all realistic

this is for a 2 bd, 1 ba house less than 900 sq ft in the suburbs of a smallish midwest city

the Zestimate was v close to what i bought for, but it may have been updated based on the seller's list price idk