Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/coldwarsteve/status/1537146148154228737

e: There are 11 solutions to the equation φ(x) = 48, namely 65, 104, 105, 112, 130, 140, 144, 156, 168, 180 and 210. This is more than any integer below 48, making 48 a highly totient number.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Failed Imagineer posted:

For future reference, it's good if you just put a sliver on top of your but of sushi and then dip it in some soy sauce and guzzle it all down

It's for in between bits of sushi, a palette cleanser. Not supposed to be with

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/ellie__miles/status/1536791844830556161

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
You don't eat the ginger with the sushi, it's to cleanse your pallete between different sushi pieces.

Edit beaten by another weeb.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
But it's tasty with it!

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

sebzilla posted:

Got the 'rona lmao.

Who knew spending four days in a packed conference hall was risky?

Most important thing is to rest/sleep as much as possible. I'm aware of what a problem actually having time to rest can be, though.

I hope it's not too bad. Remember that you might feel better after a few days - but you might have a double dip around day 8.

Take it easy.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Dip your sushi in ketchup imo

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I'm not walking back to the ketchup pool in my cupboard with every piece of sushi.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
The soy sauce should never touch the rice, you dip fish side down.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

I just mix up my sushi in a bowl with some crisps :shrug:

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Gorn Myson posted:

Tandoori ketchup would go really well tbf

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Gorn Myson posted:

Deep fry and then put some ketchup on it.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I do like a bit of soy sauce on the rice with sushi.

It's too hot for gone 9pm, i demand answers (Just don't have the question yet).

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
We cooked the planet. Deep fried it. Dipped it fish side down in tandoori ketchup.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It is also sunny, which is loving weird.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Gonna grow some cool exotic plants while we all parboil.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

NotJustANumber99 posted:

What is your wierd thing with that? It's not very pleasant.

Ash is rude now

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

It is also sunny, which is loving weird.

Summer innit

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Well it's too much. Legislation needs to be brought in to stop it.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

I propose that we move the clocks 12 hours back, permanently.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Since when did sushi need a palette cleanser? And who on god's green earth considers ginger a palette cleanser? :psyduck:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Miftan posted:

Just had a mental image of Gerry Adams piledriving Arlene Foster through a WWE announcer table

:pray:

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Since when did sushi need a palette cleanser? And who on god's green earth considers ginger a palette cleanser? :psyduck:

Well cos when you go to sushi places you often get lots of different types of sushi. Especially if you're going to the fancy places you are buying some high quality (expensive) fish so want to fully taste it. I mainly went with egg or tuna because I've not got a refined pallete.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

It's kinda surprising when you look into it how much of the way we eat sushi here isn't actually traditional at all:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDL8yu34fz0

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Brendan Rodgers posted:

"An informal study from 2011 entitled "A Conspiracy of Hogs: The McRib as Arbitrage" illustrates a correlation between the price of pork and the timing of McDonald's offering the sandwich; all five of the US McRib offerings between 2005 and 2011 occurred during low points in the price of bulk pork.[31]"

I mean a much simpler alternative is McDs only make it when pork is cheap, not at the behest of Big Pork to raise prices or anything but...because its cheap.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

feedmegin posted:

I mean a much simpler alternative is McDs only make it when pork is cheap, not at the behest of Big Pork to raise prices or anything but...because its cheap.

I think everyone understands that, yes

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Pork belly futures got so low in the late 80s that it wasn't worth freezing them, which influenced hog prices, which has got to lead to some perverse incentives beyond just "meat cheap make meat thing", as with epic bacon and macho anti-diet.

And perhaps even the perverse incentive that led to Brexit.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

His Divine Shadow posted:

What's your point? I know it's lovely here too, and would welcome some reform that's not privatize more.

There's no point other than stated.

I want Finland to reform dental health care asap, and it's likely we'll have an okay system well before the UK does.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Looks like there might be a war brewing between Rwanda and DRC as DRC accuse Rwanda of arming terror group M23. Protests in eastern DRC, Kenya sending in troops to eastern DRC.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
So named because they all got there on the fastest government built route out of Brixton?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i hope someone just loving twats priti patel tbh

Dogatron
Jun 24, 2020

Lungboy posted:

I thought you meant Moreton Bay Bugs or similar, which are the best seafood on the planet, but you won't be getting them in UK supermarkets unfortunately.

I hope your spell checker is hosed but there are no similar- but the Cromer Crab is also great.

Potted Morecambe Bay Sea Bug on toast is the breakfast of the gods. I buy my morecambe sea bugs next to my local pub from the bloke what caught them. Then I have a pint and raise my glass opposite to the memory the Birmingham Six who were threatened with defenestration from the police station over the road.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

TACD posted:

It's kinda surprising when you look into it how much of the way we eat sushi here isn't actually traditional at all:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDL8yu34fz0

Yeah, Salmon sushi for example was almost completely unheard of in Japan before the 90s and was actually invented by the Norwegians, who spend the last few decades of the twentieth century trying to sell the scandi adaptation of Japanese food back to them to shill their farmed fish. Kind of crazy it ended up working, I'm trying to picture the Americans convincing the Chinese public that general tso's should be on every menu in the country, or us Brits doing the same with tikka masalla in India.

ThomasPaine fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jun 15, 2022

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Ah actually tikka masala is a native South Asian dish, invented less than 36 hours before the chef ended up sat in a Glasgow City Council waiting room. There's many tourist traps in the Mumbai area that will confirm this.

In seriousness it's a good marker of the idea that tying cuisine to municipality in the postcolonial era requires a certain amount of anti-racist back and forth, which is something that both British and Indian cities could benefit from.

The conveyor belt and plexiglass screen sushi restaurant model did prove itself over the past couple of years regardless though, just by working within the required constraints. Yo Sushi in Leicester was back open before any other food place just by contact conditions.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

fuctifino posted:

https://twitter.com/implausibleblog/status/1537052106305175552

Lol. I was totally unaware of the family legacy with the ECHR.
I always get European Court of Human Rights mixed up with the poo poo tory ethics thing that wrote the report about Labour antisemitism, which is this?

OwlFancier posted:

If ever we live long enough to be put into nursing homes this is what it's going to be like.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Dogatron posted:

I hope your spell checker is hosed but there are no similar- but the Cromer Crab is also great.

Potted Morecambe Bay Sea Bug on toast is the breakfast of the gods. I buy my morecambe sea bugs next to my local pub from the bloke what caught them. Then I have a pint and raise my glass opposite to the memory the Birmingham Six who were threatened with defenestration from the police station over the road.

Nah, Moreton Bay bugs are in Australia, they're a type of lobster iirc and are incredible.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I always get European Court of Human Rights mixed up with the poo poo tory ethics thing that wrote the report about Labour antisemitism, which is this?

You are thinking of the Equality and Human Rights Commission, which is the more made up of the two institutions.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
i'd just exclaim "cat!" like i do whenever i see a cat outside for real

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
In positive news for once, TERFs aren't breaking through:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2022/jun/16/britons-not-bitterly-polarised-over-trans-equality-research-finds

If you're feeling charitable, at worst boomers and the silent gen are ambivalent about whether or not transmen/women are men/women, with everyone younger siding with transpeople. As usual the kids are alright.

e: I do very much like the statement: 'the research had uncovered little interest in “the latest ‘gotcha’ trend of posing questions to senior politicians about whether or not women can have penises”.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Good.