Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

pik_d posted:

New PL refs and ARs

https://twitter.com/City_Xtra/status/1534208303584235525

Let me just say say gently caress Tom Bramall for all the future bad calls he's gonna make

Why? Has he dropped some clangers before?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/Jhdharrison1/status/1534213024441151488

Longass thread on goalkeepers. Turns out that Alisson kid is half decent.

TLDR posted:

Overall Value in Goals ( = Goals Stopped + Prevented + Distributed)

Alisson - 18.94
Lloris - 7.34
Ramsdale - 7.21
Mendy - 5.74
Ederson - 3.88
De Gea - 2.96

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

If this nerd ever posts in TRP hes getting banned on sight

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Eric Cantonese posted:

Why? Has he dropped some clangers before?

Because all English refs are poo poo, OP

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
did john harrison phd factor in the fact that de gea gave up in frustration approx 70 mins into every game?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Pepball.jpg

You can't convince me the Burnley boys know their teammates are even out there

pik_d fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jun 7, 2022

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

pik_d posted:

Pepball.jpg

FeelsBadMan

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

pik_d posted:

Pepball.jpg

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Cool to see the Leeds defensive trapezium of sadness. Loads of possession, all of it bad

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

the sex ghost posted:

If this nerd ever posts in TRP hes getting banned on sight

Good, gently caress Astronomers

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

hi i'm noted bitchass johannes kepler and i'm here to explain how you don't need a retrograde function in the orbit of mars and also how arsenal are the best team in the league if you ignore their results

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

pik_d posted:

Pepball.jpg

According to this chart, Arsenal do not play with a striker. This is consistent with my understanding of Artetaball.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
They've scrapped boxing day fixtures for next season because of the world cup. This mickey mouse tournament has finally gone too far

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March

the sex ghost posted:

They've scrapped boxing day fixtures for next season because of the world cup. This mickey mouse tournament has finally gone too far

I think it's just the set between Boxing Day and New Year that have been cancelled OP, but we'll find out tomorrow morning and god help us all if you're right. Still loving outrageous, mind.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

the sex ghost posted:

I'm not having it. They can't.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Eh they finally Qatar few fixtures?

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Boxing day is still there panic over everyone

https://twitter.com/LUFC/status/1537344227125784577?s=20&t=T8Gsun3sT-hiOSlDF23ETQ

1 week between the last round of fixtures in November and the start of the world cup lmao

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Deepest squad gonna win it so congrats City

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Not Premier League but clearly Liverpool-related and the Champions League is over anyway...

Way to go, the French!

quote:

The French authorities deployed riot police in large numbers at the Champions League final in Paris apparently due to a misconceived association of the 1989 Hillsborough disaster with hooliganism, according to an official report produced for France’s prime minister.

The report by Michel Cadot, the French sports ministry’s delegate on major sporting events, appears to confirm many Liverpool supporters’ bleakest assumptions at the final, that the heavy-handed policing they suffered, including being teargassed, was informed by prejudice about their likely behaviour.

Cadot’s 30-page report, delivered on Friday to the office of the French prime minister, Élisabeth Borne, refers to Hillsborough in a section on police intelligence before the final on 28 May between Liverpool and Real Madrid. The section recognises first that Liverpool supporters have not been known for violence at matches. However, it then continues: “Reference to the Hillsborough tragedy in 1989 – 97 deaths – for which the responsibility of the [police] was pointed out, led however to the drawing up of a firm policing arrangement, to maintain order in riot gear, in order to be able to respond to a risk of collective phenomena of hooliganism and havoc, as had happened in Marseilles on 13 June 2016 during the England-Russia game.”

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Weird how all the people tripping over themselves to post tweets/articles about Liverpool fans using fake tickets have shut the gently caress up and stopped posting on the subject

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Weird how all the people tripping over themselves to post tweets/articles about Liverpool fans using fake tickets have shut the gently caress up and stopped posting on the subject
It's utterly bizarre how the French authorities apparently went, "Liverpool supporters aren't really violent...BUT HILLSBOROUGH!!!" as if the basic truth about the tragedy hasn't been openly available for 30+ years.

Apparently French cops read The Sun.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Crazy Ted posted:

It's utterly bizarre how the French authorities apparently went, "Liverpool supporters aren't really violent...BUT HILLSBOROUGH!!!" as if the basic truth about the tragedy hasn't been openly available for 30+ years.

Apparently French cops read The Sun.

Very much a case of acab here.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

tarbrush posted:

Very much a case of acab here.
It's this. No matter the country, they're not there to save you.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
so wait, what the french police took from Hillsborough is that Liverpool fans need a firm
hand delivered by riot gear? lmao, gotta love the police

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

nawilo_420 posted:

so wait, what the french police took from Hillsborough is that Liverpool fans need a firm
hand delivered by riot gear? lmao, gotta love the police

Exactly.

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
they really just want any excuse to beat the paste out of people

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/josephmdurso/status/1541756340619673603

All my apes gone

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/primevideosport/status/1541798591303409664

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!

If bears and wolves are running together it means everything's on fire

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

The lovely mall t-shirt school of management. I’m liking it. Now we just need some Big Dog motivational posters and we’re really on to something

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

inside these envelopes are three wolves

all of them are losing at home to fulham

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/1541815715552018433

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Why do so many footballers travel to the shithole that is Dubai? Less chance of running into annoying idiots like myself or something else?

Xabi fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Jun 29, 2022

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I'm guessing it's a very nice place to be if you're rich and lack morals

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Half of them are "influencers" too, I would not be surprised if their trips were actually subsidized somewhat

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Xabi posted:

Why do so many footballer travel to the shithole that is Dubai? Less chance of running into annoying idiots like myself or something else?

I think you can basically do what ever you want and if you pay enough it stays completely private. Not every footballer that goes there is up to no good but at the very least there are no photographers when you are having a drink with your mates.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

I, for one, can’t wait for this rousing story about how Arteta’s inspiring wolves and bears speech motivated Arsenal to overcome their bad start and have two subsequent utter collapses, resulting in a mediocre finish.

blue footed boobie fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jun 29, 2022

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Jippa posted:

I think you can basically do what ever you want and if you pay enough it stays completely private. Not every footballer that goes there is up to no good but at the very least there are no photographers when you are having a drink with your mates.

never underestimate the power of footballers and racing drivers to film and distribute footage of them up to no good that would otherwise go completely under the radar

life finds a way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Xabi posted:

Why do so many footballers travel to the shithole that is Dubai? Less chance of running into annoying idiots like myself or something else?

Dubai is basically Rich Tasteless Idiots: The Country, and as such is perfectly suited to footballers