Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

yoda raising palpatine from a baby in order to destroy the jedi order as it is holding back the advancement of civilization

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Joker 2: Joker Chance

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm the Joker!

...Baby.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Runa posted:

I'm the Joker!

...Baby.

Chicken Thumbs
Oct 21, 2020

Time is dead and meaning has no meaning!

This sounds incredibly stupid and frankly I'm all for it. It's not that far off from silver age stuff, anyway.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Zetsubou-san posted:

i forgot that nagato had purple hair

Yeah, in my mind's eye it's grey

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Chicken Thumbs posted:

This sounds incredibly stupid and frankly I'm all for it. It's not that far off from silver age stuff, anyway.

The inverse of the ending of Sky High

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/AnimationOnMax/status/1537105012274483200

Looks neat. Also looks like it might have the Invincible problem where it jumps wildly between Ghibli level animation and panning a keyframe across the screen.

Yuu Morisawa
Oct 4, 2013

Watch Creamy Mami
heh

titmouse

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
tuffted at that!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/trigun_anime/status/1537631367168569346

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Oh poo poo. Is that going to be a full series or another film?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's a series!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So do we know if this is going to be a reboot or a sequel (I think there was a manga or something that continued from where the anime story left off)?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

There's going to be a panel about it at AX.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Larryb posted:

So do we know if this is going to be a reboot or a sequel (I think there was a manga or something that continued from where the anime story left off)?

The Trigun manga is actually pretty different from the anime.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Mokinokaro posted:

The Trigun manga is actually pretty different from the anime.

Ah, I’ve never actually read the manga to be honest. Is it any good?

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Larryb posted:

I have been meaning to read it forever but my understanding is:
1. The art can be bleh, especially action scenes, but;
2. in terms of plot, it goes into a lot more detail about what Vash and Knives are and their history and relationship. Knives gets way more focus in the manga.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Just got back from watching the Macross F movie IN AMERICA! I had totally forgotten about Sheyrl hiering an army by throwing her credit card like she played children's card games.

Anyway, I'd like to extend a giant middle finger to Harmony Gold and wish I didn't have other plans on the 30th that are preventing me from watching part two.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Larryb posted:

There are things I might say the anime does better but on the whole I prefer the manga for the simple reason that the Gung-Ho Guns that were so throwaway and forgettable in the anime are significantly more developed and straight up different characters in a few cases.

The main issue/joke with the Trigun manga is how indecipherable the action scenes were.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I prefer the Trigun anime over the manga but heck, I won't say no to seeing the manga get a full adaption even if in general I am starting to get sick of reboots that are more accurate to the source material.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I was gonna say I haven't heard Johnny Yong Bosch in anything for a while but then I remembered he's Sabo in One Piece. So when this inevitably gets dubbed he should return as Vash.

This is kind of a neat catalyst to finally get around to reading the manga at last.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, he took that role and Broly over from Vic. He was also in Promare.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Anyone have any experience with HiDive? I'm looking at it to stream LOTGH, but they suck on both fronts of devices supported and information about the series they contain.

Any way to stream to a large HDTV from an iOS device?

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Nate RFB posted:

There are things I might say the anime does better but on the whole I prefer the manga for the simple reason that the Gung-Ho Guns that were so throwaway and forgettable in the anime are significantly more developed and straight up different characters in a few cases.
see, i already thought the gung-ho guns were cool af when i watched trigun on cable almost 20 years ago, so seeing that the source material gives them more/different development perks me up

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I prefer the ending of the anime to the Manga. Reinforcing Vash's unshakeable faith in the goodness of mankind to the point where he still gives everything he has to stop Knives without killing him was the perfect bookend.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I really loved the Trigun anime and read a pretty big chunk of the manga but never finished it because eventually I just got really tired of trying to decipher the panels and also I think it just ran a little too long for the level of interest I had in it overall. I enjoyed the OVA that came out a while back and I'm also pretty interested in the new oneshot collection they announced with a bunch of guest artists which I hope gets an English release, so overall I think I like Trigun in small chunks and not in a long sustained format. So I'll probably watch about 6 episodes of the new anime then never touch it again :shobon:

e: my other Trigun experience is that I had a wall scroll of Vash and Wolfwood drawing each others' guns on my wall in college and it took me literally years to recognize the innuendo in it

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Jun 17, 2022

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Everything Burrito posted:

I really loved the Trigun anime and read a pretty big chunk of the manga but never finished it because eventually I just got really tired of trying to decipher the panels and also I think it just ran a little too long for the level of interest I had in it overall. I enjoyed the OVA that came out a while back and I'm also pretty interested in the new oneshot collection they announced with a bunch of guest artists which I hope gets an English release, so overall I think I like Trigun in small chunks and not in a long sustained format. So I'll probably watch about 6 episodes of the new anime then never touch it again :shobon:

e: my other Trigun experience is that I had a wall scroll of Vash and Wolfwood drawing each others' guns on my wall in college and it took me literally years to recognize the innuendo in it

lmao

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

to be fair they're pretty het

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/1537830444548472833?s=20&t=2OBmjuszNlvgdkqbqFj2rA

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

We are one step closer to that Soul Eater Brotherhood reboot that ppl apparently want

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Pootybutt posted:

We are one step closer to that Soul Eater Brotherhood reboot that ppl apparently want

To be fair, there were a lot of cool parts of the SE manga I wouldn’t mind seeing animated to be honest

Related, has there been any talk about bringing the Fire Force anime back now that the manga’s over?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They literally announced a third season about a month back.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

They literally announced a third season about a month back.

Oh nice, do we have a release date?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Nope!

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Randomly remembered that hosed up bit in End of Eva where Asuka whispers “I dont want to die” over and over. However there’s no (eng dub) clip of it online and I cbf’d putting on the dvd

e: nvm found it on twitter

Lube Enthusiast fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jun 17, 2022

marumaru
May 20, 2013

post it

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

https://twitter.com/asuka_backflip/status/1182693410123210753?s=21&t=_ThEbLyyLULQuuiR4f7j4w

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Anyone have any experience with HiDive? I'm looking at it to stream LOTGH, but they suck on both fronts of devices supported and information about the series they contain.

Any way to stream to a large HDTV from an iOS device?

Some very good titles in its library but the apps I’ve tried (Xbox, iOS) are not great, especially iOS. Video quality seems to be stable on the Xbox app at least. It’s probably best via browser so any way to run or stream that experience to your tv is your best bet.

I asked a while back in the recommendations thread for some titles on it and got a lot of good stuff (eg O Maidens, Kekkoku, 80s run of Glass Mask) so that’d be a good place to start if the website catalog itself isn’t helping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Ardeem posted:

Just got back from watching the Macross F movie IN AMERICA! I had totally forgotten about Sheyrl hiering an army by throwing her credit card like she played children's card games.

Anyway, I'd like to extend a giant middle finger to Harmony Gold and wish I didn't have other plans on the 30th that are preventing me from watching part two.
it was good! i hope they do the new delta movie and/or the new frontier movie but WHO KNOWS

i also loved sheryl’s “throw it in the bag” scene. “yeah whatever i’ll toss in some spotify royalties too if you guys need extra batteries for the macross cannon”

i got there almost right as started to i missed the very funny commercial for the Macross Frontier Talkboys, ft. my imouto, Megumi Nakajima. im showing up early for the next one for more goofy merch commercials

TenementFunster fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jun 17, 2022