Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

zoux posted:

not even John McNaughton can be that stupid
what about the US conservative movement would lead you to believe this and state it so confidently?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Moving away from, “scammer persona” and into, “nah, just straight up fraud.”

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

TenementFunster posted:

what about the US conservative movement would lead you to believe this and state it so confidently?

I don't know I have to tell my self that sometimes so I don't go insane

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Wait… is that supposed to be MLK?

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Scratch Monkey posted:

Wait… is that supposed to be MLK?

It’s OJ.

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
Goon face blindness strikes again.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

MeinPanzer posted:

Hey modern science clearly states it's only possible for a person to remember four human faces, five tops.

Literally why name tags were invented!!!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
This is why we have face recognition AI now

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

MeinPanzer posted:

And if we can agree on something it's that Mr McNaughton's art fundamentals and sense of metaphor are so impeccable only a bumbling buffoon could misunderstand his masterpieces

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

mobby_6kl posted:

This is why we have face recognition AI now

All I want from google glasses is that they recognize people I know and show nameplates because I probably forgot

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Snowy posted:

All I want from google glasses is that they recognize people I know and show nameplates because I probably forgot

Yes this was also my wish list for them. Also to pull up their birthdays and other personal info scraped from facebook so I could smalltalk about their kid's football game like a boss.

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Snowy posted:

I want realtime subtitles cause I can't hear poo poo, I would be so happy

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

AxGrap posted:

I want realtime subtitles cause I can't hear poo poo, I would be so happy

(Internal shrieking into the void)

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Having the equivalent of a video game hud for real life would be great.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

https://twitter.com/BroyleTim/status/1538257594711691275

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

It would be so much easier to enjoy bad things happening to bad people if the end result wasn't just said bad things and bad people teaming up to become even worse.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
I'm hesitant to ask, but what did he do to piss off Texas republicans? Not be fascist enough?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

ILL Machina posted:

I'm hesitant to ask, but what did he do to piss off Texas republicans? Not be fascist enough?

The Tucker right is mad at him for supporting funding for Ukraine. I think the most amazing part to me is how Tucker can make fun of Crenshaw for losing an eye in a war he very much supported without consequence while even SNL had to apologize for making a joke about it. Trump didn't just get a pass for attacking McCain's service, but now it's just normal and accepted as long as it's a Republican saying it I guess.

Just looked it up and of course Tucker criticized Pete Davidson for the SNL joke at the time too.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
I'm still absolutely flabbergasted that there's a number of rightwing pundits and such that are pro Russia. I can't even describe how angry their hypocrisy makes and it's clear they don't actually have any values or ideology other than what, making money? The party of flag waving would be the first to sell off state secrets or anything not nailed down or bulldoze national parks for resources or burn the entire thing to the ground for short term gains. They all have kids or grandkids and don't think about the world they're leaving for them even for a second

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

being pro russia fits perfectly with the values and ideology of antifeminism

(at least the russia they're imagining, as shaped by chud propaganda pastoral images of order against chaos)

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
Being pro-Russia fits perfectly with the ideology of, “I too wish to be an oligarch and a fief unto myself”

That’s it. That’s as deep as it gets. All other ideologies that they drape around it are just for the angry smelly masses and are irrelevant to the oligarch. What need is there for bigotry of any stripe when ALL are lesser than you?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Russia is extremely right-wing tho?

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Russia is extremely right-wing tho?

Not following? What’s more right wing than merging both industry and state authority into a few people?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Murgos posted:

Not following? What’s more right wing than merging both industry and state authority into a few people?

Nothing?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
it’s the same reason these freaks have a crush on Orban’s Hungary and Israel: far-right ethnostates with zero black people

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Mauser posted:

I'm still absolutely flabbergasted that there's a number of rightwing pundits and such that are pro Russia. I can't even describe how angry their hypocrisy makes and it's clear they don't actually have any values or ideology other than what, making money? The party of flag waving would be the first to sell off state secrets or anything not nailed down or bulldoze national parks for resources or burn the entire thing to the ground for short term gains. They all have kids or grandkids and don't think about the world they're leaving for them even for a second

Fascism in america is weird because it's got all the normal parts but all the individual sticks also think the other ones are holding them back

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/tarapalmeri/status/1539220710756843522?s=20

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

https://twitter.com/AaronDFordNV/status/1539010853789257729

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/JUNlPER/status/1539275279084015616?s=20

This is a very special message, just absorbing it fully. :wow:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/matthewlesh/status/1539287018647207937

Well this guy looks exactly like a guy you would expect to post that

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

zoux posted:

Well this guy looks exactly like a guy you would expect to post that

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1539309011228446722

Me when the kids are trying to feed the dog people food

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

They're not wrong? All extreme hard-core right-wing shitheads should go the way of the Benito, no?

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

They're not wrong? All extreme hard-core right-wing shitheads should go the way of the Benito, no?

Chattah is a crazy person, and said this about a black elected official who happens to be a democrat. He was not proposing to hang a right-wing shithead, but instead he was proposing a lynching.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I think you might have misread that?

https://twitter.com/rhinosoros/status/1538892641579982848

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
That tweet misses the best part of that exchange...

S'up..?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Not much. Just undermining a centuries old democracy. Hbu?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

The Saudis have a unique ability to make everyone eat their poo poo.

https://twitter.com/ragipsoylu/status/1539907352589131777

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Bet they used the same staff writer who does all the passive voice articles for when a cop murders a child.