Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

iwentdoodie posted:

Primus sucks

You suck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Got Jerry was a racecar driver seared into my electric sponge

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Primus su-

iwentdoodie posted:

Primus sucks

-dangit

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by

Milo and POTUS posted:

They love it when you rub their fur the wrong way

An obvious lie. Cats are basically land sharks, there is no wrong way.

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009

e: it’s neat that the vocal rhythm of the first few lines of Lateralus happens to be a fibonacci sequence and that is my only cool Tool fact. I have heard many others and retained none.

BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

But tally whacker is the real best one. The gently caress, man.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I feel like I've heard "bald pate friar" before, perhaps in a dark souls game? They like to use obscure anglisms with some of the NPCs

VVVV yeah, I'm saying I've heard used as a euphemism before. unless :thejoke:, can't tell

kalel has a new favorite as of 18:49 on Jun 19, 2022

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think that refers to a hair cut.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

kalel posted:

I feel like I've heard "bald pate friar" before, perhaps in a dark souls game? They like to use obscure anglisms with some of the NPCs

Bell bearing Hunter Briar

Oh, drat it

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

How loving dare you doxx me

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Dukes Mayo Clinic posted:

e: it’s neat that the vocal rhythm of the first few lines of Lateralus happens to be a fibonacci sequence and that is my only cool Tool fact. I have heard many others and retained none.

I am here because of Tool. My girlfriend at the time linked me a front page article about tool fans, not-so-subtly implying I was being a huge dweeb about the band.
Well, joke's on her, I found myself a whole community of huge dweebs.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

how has everyone missed gaying instrument so far?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

S.J. posted:

You suck

No the proper response is say it again but louder

Sheesh

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

fantastic

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rafpwusCwW1zs633i.mp4

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIKxwXgeJ2I

whoda thunkit
Sep 20, 2010

iwentdoodie posted:

Primus sucks

Yeah, too much bass.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Primus is the only band to be its own ID3 standard genre, which probably means Primus is good idk.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

CainFortea posted:

I have called most of the women i've had sex with "dude" so a fair number.

The issue is that if you tell someone "I have had sex with a fair number of dudes" they will assume you are talking about men only. If you say "I have had sex with a fair number of people" they are less likely to make that assumption.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

projecthalaxy posted:

Primus is the only band to be its own ID3 standard genre, which probably means Primus is good idk.

No, Primus sucks.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

Large Testicles posted:

how has everyone missed gaying instrument so far?

busy tallywhacking my snorker, sorry

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

nvrgrls posted:

If you say "I have had sex with a fair number of people" they are less likely to make that assumption. more likely to realize that you are nvrgrls mom.

FTFY :smuggo:

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

iwentdoodie posted:

No the proper response is say it again but louder

Sheesh

YOU SUCK

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

burexas.irom posted:

I am here because of Tool. My girlfriend at the time linked me a front page article about tool fans, not-so-subtly implying I was being a huge dweeb about the band.
Well, joke's on her, I found myself a whole community of huge dweebs.

Tool is the quintessential example of the decent thing that's made terrible by its fanbase. On their own they are incredibly competent musicians with some novel ideas and a remarkably holistic approach to composition, and a comprehensive aesthetic that even extends into how their music videos are directed. They might have disappeared up their own asses a little bit with the Fibonacci Sequence stuff, but by and large it's the fanbase who analyzed every little thing to death and ascribed meaning and connection where it's tenuous at best. I think the band recognize this and are brilliant at continuing to play into that mythos, while still totally taking the piss and clowning on their fans with songs like Rosetta Stoned.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
otoh they came out with an album 20 years after their relevancy and it sounded exactly the same, which is kind of sad

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

On the other hand, Tool sucks, Maynard is a huge rear end in a top hat. So gently caress them, thier fans, and thier apologists.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Mister Speaker posted:

Tool is the quintessential example of the decent thing that's made terrible by its fanbase. On their own they are incredibly competent musicians with some novel ideas and a remarkably holistic approach to composition, and a comprehensive aesthetic that even extends into how their music videos are directed. They might have disappeared up their own asses a little bit with the Fibonacci Sequence stuff, but by and large it's the fanbase who analyzed every little thing to death and ascribed meaning and connection where it's tenuous at best. I think the band recognize this and are brilliant at continuing to play into that mythos, while still totally taking the piss and clowning on their fans with songs like Rosetta Stoned.

Rick and Morty is the quintessential example of the decent thing that's made terrible by its fanbase. On their own they are incredibly competent showrunners with some novel ideas and a remarkably holistic approach to writing jokes, and a comprehensive aesthetic that even extends into how their characters are animated. They might have disappeared up their own asses a little bit with the horny Morty stuff, but by and large it's the fanbase who analyzed every little thing to death and ascribed meaning and connection where it's tenuous at best. I think Harmon and Roiland recognize this and are brilliant at continuing to play into that mythos, while still totally taking the piss and clowning on their fans with gags like Pickle Rick.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

yeah i mean that's mostly correct too

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Why is this so funny

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dukes Mayo Clinic posted:

That's not cool! That's the most dork rear end thing ever! Get out of my office

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
one of the top tier funniest things about tool to me is how they wrote a song about how LA is a parasite culture and then as soon as they had a modicum of commercial success Maynard went out and bought a vinyard. Its right up there with Anthony Kiedis becoming a dumbass health guru immediately after Californication

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Mister Speaker posted:

Anyway, everyone knows Dream Theater is really where it's at for dork music

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Here we go again, Korn defenders have logged on.

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009

some plague rats posted:

That's not cool! That's the most dork rear end thing ever! Get out of my office

you’re in my office and you are a bunch of rats you have no power here ps I quit; take this job and shove it, your office now.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Lost it at badbye,

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

40k is legit utopian compared to now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop