Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

ex post facho posted:

10 runs of Ath, no myth :negative:

Did you forget to type a 0 or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Paracelsus posted:

Agreed, also RIP Bottom-tree Arc Titan Punch Everything build that carried me through Gambit for a few seasons, haven't touched it since the Knockout nerf.

That punch with skullfort on was my favorite D2 "build" ever. Fly into a room and sizzle punch everything, only limiting factor is how fast you could punch.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

PERMACAV 50 posted:

I also hope they un-nerf my beloved Geomag Stabilizers and tell pvpers to cry about it, but the Vesper thing seems more likely.

Agreed, especially since everyone crutches meta bullshit anyway, and they fixed hit registration.

loving un-nerf the super retention while they're at it.

None of this will ever happen and I will die on this hill wanting it back.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Crazy how they've made multiple ornaments for the worst exotics, long after they became mostly useless, but none for Starfire Protocol. Now I gotta wear this skanky bathrobe for the rest of the season.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I think you'll find that "old bathrobe with gold poo poo on it" fits d2 perfectly

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

PathAsc posted:

Agreed, especially since everyone crutches meta bullshit anyway, and they fixed hit registration.

loving un-nerf the super retention while they're at it.

None of this will ever happen and I will die on this hill wanting it back.
It still has the retention if you cancel the super early, the main deal it had was that it topped off your super for the last 20% or so for running into a corner.

You really spent a large chunk of your time in PvE being jazzed about sprinting into a wall to get the last pip of super? That's the thing that really interested you about Geomags, not the double duration of the beam itself?

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Roman posted:

Crazy how they've made multiple ornaments for the worst exotics, long after they became mostly useless, but none for Starfire Protocol. Now I gotta wear this skanky bathrobe for the rest of the season.

I just slap a nice shader on it to blend in with the rest of my gear, nbd

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
So I had a look at Vox Obscura earlier and while it took me a few attempts on the very tight tank section at the start, the rest of the place was cleared out using my Sunbracers build, I can see this being a pain in the rear end to solo on Master for the weapon catalyst but I'm certain I can do it.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

ex post facho posted:

10 runs of Ath, no myth :negative:

It took me 27. I know guys who are at 50+ friend

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Sestze posted:

It still has the retention if you cancel the super early, the main deal it had was that it topped off your super for the last 20% or so for running into a corner.

You really spent a large chunk of your time in PvE being jazzed about sprinting into a wall to get the last pip of super? That's the thing that really interested you about Geomags, not the double duration of the beam itself?

The retention to the subclass got nerfed, which still sucks.

Considering double duration is still there why would I lament that part? You spend a shitload of time running in the game, so that last 20% really didn't require running until a corner, at least I can't say I ever did that so ymmv.

My whole point being they took away half of an exotic piecw functionality andtook a poo poo on a sub tree to boot.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Cheap Trick posted:

I just slap a nice shader on it to blend in with the rest of my gear, nbd
still looks wack. the shoulders don't change color and look like old ribbon cables for a floppy drive

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Waroduce posted:

It took me 27. I know guys who are at 50+ friend

Up to 47 runs now. Still have yet to see it drop in any group

This is Karma for being a d1 haver I'm sure

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Judge Tesla posted:

So I had a look at Vox Obscura earlier and while it took me a few attempts on the very tight tank section at the start, the rest of the place was cleared out using my Sunbracers build, I can see this being a pain in the rear end to solo on Master for the weapon catalyst but I'm certain I can do it.

Uuuuuh I would watch a video first to make sure you have the DPS for it, the timing on the final boss is, like, insanely tight and getting them solo with less than 3-4 minutes is basically a fail

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You don’t have to be solo for the catalyst to drop on master

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Geomags will be back with an Arc 3.0 keyword, one probably triggered by sprinting. Whether or not it'll be GOOD is unknown, but my gut tells me that this is one of the few exotics they'll touch next season. It's too close to their buzzwords about arc being burst damage and movement for them to NOT do something with it

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yeah a lot of arc abilities and exotics have a Sprint Mechanic so that's a good point

I'm ready for next season tbh

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Same, I'm tired of running around picking up hammers.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

I’ve played a lot of Containment/running around opening Leviathan chests and I still haven’t gotten more than 3/5 redboxes of any gun. Pretty lame, I’m tired of it.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I hope people have Stormdancers Brace sitting in the vault as you can bet that's gonna be one of the key exotics for the season.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Mattavist posted:

I’ve played a lot of Containment/running around opening Leviathan chests and I still haven’t gotten more than 3/5 redboxes of any gun. Pretty lame, I’m tired of it.

You probably have a bunch of that focusing energy from doing containment. Have you spent it to focus your umbral engrams for a random opulence gun at 7 energy a pop?

With a little luck that will get you a few of the patterns completed!

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Oof I have been spending it on the specific guns at 27 each, shoulda read the purple orbs closer.

Thanks!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mattavist posted:

Oof I have been spending it on the specific guns at 27 each, shoulda read the purple orbs closer.

Thanks!

It’s 27 for 1 chance at a specific gun or 28 for four chances on any of the 4 guns. Unless you REALLY just want one I’d say you’re better off always doing random outside of the one guaranteed focus a week. At least while you still need red frames for all.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Finally got a crafted raid fusion and a crafted Drang. Working on the other Opulent weapons as well: still looking for an incandescent mini-tool, but I have PvP and PvE rolls for Austringer, a surplus/incan Beloved, and a heating up/repulsor trace rifle.

Also, going to have to see if anyone has put in work on the differences between enhanced and regular perks.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

J.A.B.C. posted:

Also, going to have to see if anyone has put in work on the differences between enhanced and regular perks.

If you go to light.gg and hover over the perks for a craftable weapon it will show you, although you may need to press x to expand the view. They have concrete numbers for most things.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
screw the leviathan chests seasonal challenge. 1% per chest? Lmao.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

FlapYoJacks posted:

screw the leviathan chests seasonal challenge. 1% per chest? Lmao.

It's any chest, not just the containment ones. If you bother with any of the triumphs for the seal you'll be hanging out in either the gardens or pool long enough to get a bunch of chests from the mini events or HVT that show up. It won't take you long at all.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It's any chest, not just the containment ones. If you bother with any of the triumphs for the seal you'll be hanging out in either the gardens or pool long enough to get a bunch of chests from the mini events or HVT that show up. It won't take you long at all.

I’m at 52% and have done the dailies since week one lol.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

FlapYoJacks posted:

I’m at 52% and have done the dailies since week one lol.

Sounds like you need to Engage The Content, friend.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Paracelsus posted:

If you go to light.gg and hover over the perks for a craftable weapon it will show you, although you may need to press x to expand the view. They have concrete numbers for most things.

Nice.

Giving a look at light.gg and some other tables I found, at least for PvE crafting, I would go:

Austringer: e.Outlaw(longer) / e.Demolitionist (more energy) or e. Rampage (longer) - synergy is limited here but the out/demo roll is a godsend for grenade builds. The other perks are stat boosts, so regular perks work fine.

Calus Mini: e. Threat Detector (more stats) / e.Incandescent (longer scorch) or e. Surrounded (more damage) or e. Feeding frenzy (faster reload) - if they nerf Incandescent you still have options in slot 2. And it's still a great smg.

Beloved: e. 4times (longer window) or e. No Distraction (faster proc) or e. Surplus (stats) / e. Rampage (duration) or E.BoxBreathing (faster proc) or e.Incan - why does this not roll with Vorpal? E.Vorpal is just a +5 reload, but regular vorpal and 4times would be amazing on this. I'd have to run tests on if the B.B. faster proc would work with the increased 4times window for damage output on bosses, but ND/surplus and Incan makes it a good long-distance cleanup tool.

Drang: e. Wellspring (energy) or e. WellRounded (more stacks) / e. Swash or e. Rampage (duration) or e. Incan. - little bundle of destruction for melee/class builds with wellspring, and well rounded is just a good perk overall. Also has options if they nerf incandescent.

I'll have to look at the Haunted and Raid weapons, and there are still the major issues with how crafting works, but there's some interesting things to play around with here. On another note: the perks definitely feel weighted to PvE over PvP, given that a lot of the PvP perks are just mild stat boosters. Another flaw of the system, I suppose.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I admit it. I miss the Pyramidion.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Savathun's Song and the Mercury strikes can stay dead, but I definitely wouldn't mind the Io and Mars strikes getting tossed back in the playlist.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

muike posted:

I admit it. I miss the Pyramidion.

I don't miss the dialogue. Y1 writing was a special kind of terrible. I do miss most of the vaulted strikes, for variety's sake if nothing else.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
True but i think only year 1 strikes have the possible change in parameters that makes strikes a little more fun. EG when the Taken are in the pyramidion instead of just straight vex enemies. That variation was so cool.

Also, does anyone know a good spot to grind out the Centurion kills?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The Y1 strikes are the only way to hang out with my best friend and big bro, Cayde-6

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m glad Cayde is dead.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

muike posted:

Supposedly they spawn a lot in the pools, but it's still fairly slow going.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

muike posted:

Pools or gardens on the leviathan, sunken coast in EDZ. Or jump in the vanguard playlist and hope for a Battleground

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

It’s kind of crazy that we don’t really have any actual Vex strikes right now. They only show up in the boss fight for the glassway, lightly sprinkled throughout inverted spire, and for the first bit of warden of nothing

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
lol remember how there were no vex strikes except those same 3 at Beyond light release but zavala still almost always had the weekly bounty to kill 200 vex in strikes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

I like that they added the battlegrounds to the strike playlist, those are super fun. Kind of hoping the PsiOps get added to the playlist after the season's content gets vaulted. I think they'd be fun to do in the list every now and again.

Also Solar 3.0 is good enough that I often deviate from using my Void Hunter build for some raw in yer face blowy uppy times. Stasis is fun too, but I still haven't unlocked everything lol

Warlock Void and Solar is super fun as well! Just fun times with all the subclasses that aren't Arc right now.