Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

R. Guyovich posted:

now now, that's not ALL school lunches in the us. at some of them you can buy domino's pizza

Yeah you can say this poo poo but it's not about pizza. It's about how in Michigan I can tell you at least 3 cities where the school lunches are legitimate food, made well, breakfast and lunch. All cities where rich people live (and probably easy to figure out which 3 if you know Michigan.)

At least in 2 of those cities you can drive 10 miles and end up in a poorer district (Michigan has a lot of them, rural and urban) where breakfast is a donut and a grape juice, and the school lunch food is reheated trash from Gordons at best, or somehow even lower quality garbage from that prison food company that makes "disciplinary food" at worse, and possibly rotten https://www.fox17online.com/homepag...-at-kids-school

You have better outcomes across the board for students who are in those rich districts. Obviously that's not just about school food, but that makes it even worse and its definitely not not about school food. The wealthy get taken care of in essentially every way and everyone else gets scraps. I'm talking about Michigan because that's what I know, but I doubt it is any different in the rest of the country.

China has had some school food scandals, but off the top of my head I think they were at private schools?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I searched "Disciplinary food" surely enough there are youtubers who make this and eat live on camera. It reminds me of hiking nutrition bar.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

SorePotato posted:

CIA brain floating in a jar

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

GlassEye-Boy posted:

it’s a legit tactic, get a female Asian face to the article and you can’t attack without being labeled misogynistic or racist.

you people are psychos

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/EBK_Koff/status/1537877892155158528

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

BrainDance posted:

Yeah you can say this poo poo but it's not about pizza. It's about how in Michigan I can tell you at least 3 cities where the school lunches are legitimate food, made well, breakfast and lunch. All cities where rich people live (and probably easy to figure out which 3 if you know Michigan.)

At least in 2 of those cities you can drive 10 miles and end up in a poorer district (Michigan has a lot of them, rural and urban) where breakfast is a donut and a grape juice, and the school lunch food is reheated trash from Gordons at best, or somehow even lower quality garbage from that prison food company that makes "disciplinary food" at worse, and possibly rotten https://www.fox17online.com/homepag...-at-kids-school

You have better outcomes across the board for students who are in those rich districts. Obviously that's not just about school food, but that makes it even worse and its definitely not not about school food. The wealthy get taken care of in essentially every way and everyone else gets scraps. I'm talking about Michigan because that's what I know, but I doubt it is any different in the rest of the country.

China has had some school food scandals, but off the top of my head I think they were at private schools?

are you under the impression i think domino's pizza is a nutritious or satisfying meal for children

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

R. Guyovich posted:

are you under the impression i think domino's pizza is a nutritious or satisfying meal for children

checkmate

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

reagan federally made it so that ketchup was a vegetable 30 years earlier (well, pickle relish explicitly)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketchup_as_a_vegetable

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Antonymous posted:

you people are psychos

Nope it's a pretty standard idpol tactic to weaponize race, nationality, gender, etc as a means of deflecting criticism.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

https://www.reuters.com/technology/netease-delays-diablo-immortals-china-launch-shares-tumble-2022-06-20/

quote:

HONG KONG, June 20 (Reuters) - Internet and gaming giant NetEase (9999.HK) delayed the rollout of its video game Diablo Immortal in China three days ahead of its official launch, a move that comes just after the game's official account on Weibo was banned from making new posts.

China-based NetEase, which was set to release the game on Thursday, did not provide a new launch date, but said on Sunday it wanted to make changes such as improvements to the game-play experience and conduct "multiple optimization adjustments".

genociding legendary gems

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
new zealand put covid+ households into quarantine hotels until we ran out of hotels. gotta do it if you want to stop covid :tipshat:

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

yeah people seem to have conveniently forgotten the data shows centralized quarantine is the quickest way to get r0 below 1

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

crepeface posted:

genociding legendary gems

at what cost?!?!?!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

R. Guyovich posted:

yeah people seem to have conveniently forgotten the data shows centralized quarantine is the quickest way to get r0 below 1

have you considered: locking everyone in their apartments and forcibly removing anyone who tests positive to take them to quarantine camps (where the spread will actually be unpreventable) is an insane measure by any standard

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

fart simpson posted:

have you considered: locking everyone in their apartments and forcibly removing anyone who tests positive to take them to quarantine camps (where the spread will actually be unpreventable) is an insane measure by any standard

as opposed to what

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
insane: actually making sure that infected people quarantine during a goddamn pandemic

not insane: millions of preventable deaths

fart simpson posted:

tell me more about the unpreventable spread of covid to people who already have it

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i wish i could tell you more about it, but i never got an answer myself to that question

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/KenRoth/status/1538788822070317059

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

fart simpson posted:

I'm going to go with the data on this one.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

this "ban" is textbook performative.txt

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

it looks like European firms are considering divesting on their own

https://twitter.com/BloombergAsia/status/1538790425900814337

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I predict Chinese solar panel companies will open offices in Xinjiang, and US custom will simply ignore this law.

As far as I know, US custom doesn't implement the "No Xinjiang cotton" law except that one time they selectively seized some Uniqlo tees.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
the us prison lobby is probably concerned about competition in the forced labor market

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Japan court rules same-sex marriage ban is not unconstitutional

Unfortunate news out of Japan today.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

wow I can’t believe every American ally sucks and will regress more into social reactionary conservatism once america fully turns its attention to Asia

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/cremnob/status/1538920665964765184?t=b8Vwnmtlpa8zWLRZy962jw&s=19

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
lmao if a non-"international community" state gets a reliable anti-icbm system working the meltdowns are going to be amazing

Cabal Ties
Feb 28, 2004
Yam Slacker

Fly Molo posted:

lmfao thank you for this, i haven’t laughed this hard in weeks. gently caress that’s good :kiss:

believe me, the endless comedy is coming from your side not mine :angel:

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CareyB posted:

believe me, the endless comedy is coming from your side not mine :angel:

well if you’re on the side of the virus you can go gently caress yourself. millions of deaths could have been prevented :flip:

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fart simpson posted:

quarantine camps are in fact the only place where spread can be prevented using enforced social distancing and isolation until they’re no longer contagious. the west’s model of letting infecting people go to arby’s has resulted in millions dead

Cabal Ties
Feb 28, 2004
Yam Slacker

Fly Molo posted:

well if you’re on the side of the virus you can go gently caress yourself. millions of deaths could have been prevented :flip:

I just got out of 2 weeks isolation and one of my colleagues is doing the same right now! you haven’t got a scooby loving doo my friend.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CareyB posted:

I just got out of 2 weeks isolation and one of my colleagues is doing the same right now! you haven’t got a scooby loving doo my friend.

wow sounds like your country failed you utterly by abandoning covid zero

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

China is a good land.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

CareyB posted:

people in “the west” changed their lives and behaviour immeasurably to help prevent the spread of Covid,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
countries other than china inflicted world war level deaths upon themselves. western society is a gaping chasm of death

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CareyB posted:

did you read the bit where he says how he clearly didn’t need that level of care?

people in “the west” changed their lives and behaviour immeasurably to help prevent the spread of Covid, I’m not sure if we need the government to start rounding up the citizenry and forcing us to live in camps or enclosures in the name of care.

I feel the mental risks associated with that are greater than just isolating like a responsible adult. but that’s just me, I don’t want to forced to live sleep and poo poo around a bunch of compete strangers when we’re all Ill.

dumbfuck liberal opposes basic quarantine principles even martin luther understood and was strongly in favor of. :sad:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
the inscrutable occidental simply lacks a basic respect for life

Cabal Ties
Feb 28, 2004
Yam Slacker
keep digging drones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007