Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK
Was looking to finally pull the trigger on the denon from Costco but the new enclosed entertainment stand we bought might be too shallow in depth for it to fit. I currently have a horizontal style PC case in it that’s slightly smaller depth (12 inches to the shelves 14 inches )than that receiver and with the cords in the back it barely fits and pushes up against the back wall of the stand.

Are there any decent smaller form receivers? The shelves in the stand seem to be pretty decent size but the depth is lacking in space.

My main source of entertainment will be streaming from TV, PS5(4k blu ray as well as games), pc hooked up via hdmi movies, vinyl records/flac files for music.

My current situation limits me to 3.1 as surround speakers will be a no go for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Residency Evil posted:

gently caress it, ordered the Arendal 1723 S Monitors and a pair of monoprice stands!

:toot:

Maybe at some point I'll finally mount our TV on the wall so I can use a dedicated center speaker.

"What did you order? Something came for you."

:getin:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Kithyen posted:

Was looking to finally pull the trigger on the denon from Costco but the new enclosed entertainment stand we bought might be too shallow in depth for it to fit. I currently have a horizontal style PC case in it that’s slightly smaller depth (12 inches to the shelves 14 inches )than that receiver and with the cords in the back it barely fits and pushes up against the back wall of the stand.

Are there any decent smaller form receivers? The shelves in the stand seem to be pretty decent size but the depth is lacking in space.

My main source of entertainment will be streaming from TV, PS5(4k blu ray as well as games), pc hooked up via hdmi movies, vinyl records/flac files for music.

My current situation limits me to 3.1 as surround speakers will be a no go for now.

The ones that are smaller like the slimline Marantz are just as deep I think, the 1711 is listed at 14.8" without cords. Is a stupid fact that since people don't buy components so much they don't make properly sized furniture for them.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

nrook posted:

Yeah, I was thinking of the SVS SB-1000. Its small size is attractive to me too, since I live in a midsize apartment.

e: wait I just said that :v:

I just remembered: the SVS SB-1000 had a price increase from 450 to 550, right? If so, you should definitely check out the rsl speedwoofer mk2.

Having listened to both, the speedwoofer was better in every way. Better detail and clarity while also being able to play lower and louder. The only thing the SVS had going for it was the app, which is good but isn't much of a selling point since I don't really find myself needing to change subwoofer settings once it's set up and in place. And now that it's 100 dollars more expensive there's no real reason to pick SVS. There's a reason that each speedwoofer batch they get sells out extremely quickly.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jun 18, 2022

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002

qirex posted:

The ones that are smaller like the slimline Marantz are just as deep I think, the 1711 is listed at 14.8" without cords. Is a stupid fact that since people don't buy components so much they don't make properly sized furniture for them.

Yep, this is what I’ve been finding. It’s frustrating as hell because if it was just 2 inches shorter it’d be perfect. Guess I’ll have to look at a different type of setup. I was hoping to avoid soundbars this time around but that might be my best bet.

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
https://www.bose.com/en_us/products...ndbar_900_black

Rtings rated this pretty highly, although that was with the bass module + other speakers. Anything I should watch out for if I’m using for PC, streaming, pS5, switch etc? It was supposed to go off sale yesterday but Bose still has it at discount plus my nursing discount.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Kithyen posted:

https://www.bose.com/en_us/products...ndbar_900_black

Rtings rated this pretty highly, although that was with the bass module + other speakers. Anything I should watch out for if I’m using for PC, streaming, pS5, switch etc? It was supposed to go off sale yesterday but Bose still has it at discount plus my nursing discount.

I mean both "Bose" and "soundbar" are generally going to be pretty unpopular solutions in here. Bose, because generally speaking for the money you can do better, and a lot of people don't like the way modern Bose stuff sounds (they're generally coloured in a particular way that tends to sound good in the showroom but often sucks when you put it up against a decent set of bookshelves).

I would generally recommend a nice set of active bookshelves these days over a soundbar - the Edifier stuff is both dirt cheap and surprisingly good, for example. I have some hooked up to the tv in my bedroom, another set on my pc, and I got some little ones for a friend for their tv as a birthday present because they were about $70AU, small and look/sound good.

The 1280DB with the subwoofer out is a pretty solid option. You may not even need a sub, they have an unreasonable amount of bass on tap for a 4" driver.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Don Dongington posted:

I mean both "Bose" and "soundbar" are generally going to be pretty unpopular solutions in here. Bose, because generally speaking for the money you can do better, and a lot of people don't like the way modern Bose stuff sounds (they're generally coloured in a particular way that tends to sound good in the showroom but often sucks when you put it up against a decent set of bookshelves).

“Modern” Bose? This perception didn’t begin with modern Bose, it’s been their reputation with serious audio people (I wouldn’t even say “audiophiles”, just people with decent systems) since the 1970s.

Hell, I’d argue that Bose is more respected these days among audiophiles than they’ve ever been before in their history, as a purveyor and developer of headphones and active noise canceling.

Until maybe ~4 years ago they had the best noise canceling game in town by a mile, before companies like Sony and Apple began catching up.

I wouldn’t get a Bose soundbar though. If you insist on going the soundbar route over a proper receiver + 2.0/2.1/3.1/5.1/etc arrangement there are better sounding options and way more flexible and expandable options for the money.

DoesNotCompute
Apr 10, 2006

Big Wiener.

Ok Comboomer posted:

“Modern” Bose? This perception didn’t begin with modern Bose, it’s been their reputation with serious audio people (I wouldn’t even say “audiophiles”, just people with decent systems) since the 1970s.

Hell, I’d argue that Bose is more respected these days among audiophiles than they’ve ever been before in their history, as a purveyor and developer of headphones and active noise canceling.

Until maybe ~4 years ago they had the best noise canceling game in town by a mile, before companies like Sony and Apple began catching up.

I wouldn’t get a Bose soundbar though. If you insist on going the soundbar route over a proper receiver + 2.0/2.1/3.1/5.1/etc arrangement there are better sounding options and way more flexible and expandable options for the money.

The Bose S1 Pro is pretty much the gold standard for battery powered portable PA speaker. I also absolutely recommend it for folks that want to fill a medium sized space for outdoor BBQ's and gatherings. I was admittedly a bit of a "poo poo Bose" person until I had to use the S1 for a small wedding.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

DoesNotCompute posted:

The Bose S1 Pro is pretty much the gold standard for battery powered portable PA speaker. I also absolutely recommend it for folks that want to fill a medium sized space for outdoor BBQ's and gatherings. I was admittedly a bit of a "poo poo Bose" person until I had to use the S1 for a small wedding.

That’s true, but their recent success in PA equipment is also just that—pretty recent.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
I had a Bestbuy audio technician recently come out and take a look at my media room.

Here's his ideas for what I should buy.

Yamaha - RX-V6ABL 7.2-channel AV Receiver x 1

Definitive Technology - ProMonitor 800 4-1/2" Bookshelf Speaker x 2

Definitive Technology - ProCenter 1000 4-1/2" Center-Channel Speaker x 1

Definitive Technology SR-9040 10” Bipolar Surround Speaker x 2

I haven't ever owned or messed with this stuff before. Any thoughts on what he's got us specced out for?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

papa horny michael posted:

I had a Bestbuy audio technician recently come out and take a look at my media room.

I haven't ever owned or messed with this stuff before. Any thoughts on what he's got us specced out for?

it looks fine enough I guess

those DefTech speakers super aren't my cup of tea visually, and I'd probably encourage floorstanding speakers for your fronts instead of bookshelf speakers

Edit: oh yeah, jeez. Those speakers are all loving tiny. 4.5" for your fronts and 3.5 for your rears? How small is your room?

I don't think there's ever a good reason to go below like 5.25" or even really 6.5 for your fronts. Especially not in a "media room".

trilobite terror fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jun 21, 2022

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Pretty small!

The previous owner used it as an office, and had a projection screen and wires installed through the walls and ceilings to power a 7.2 system.

The random best buy tech was actually the guy who installed everything in the room 13 years previous.

so there's umm two audio wire spots coming out from the back wall and two from the front wall above where my tv is. i think that must be why the speakers are undersized, so as to fit up on the wall. there are two speakers in the ceiling already. they're like canister lights.

I was thinking about getting the $450 costco receiver instead. But I don't actually know what any differences between the two might be. The yamaha looked like it had issues with it's mainboard the last few years according to random reviews online.

papa horny michael fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jun 21, 2022

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I had the Deftech Promedia 1000 and 2000C and they had basically no bass and were too bright/sibilant. Not terribly so but there’s better options. I would not want to use smaller ones with no sub. If you don’t want to go that route at least get ported speakers with bigger drivers, and fewer of them to fit your budget.

Are you married to Best Buy? There’s a ton of speakers out there.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Hey folks, audio dunce here hoping to extract some knowledge. I got a nice soundbar on sale (HW-Q950A) but it's defective and I'm going on a month dealing with warranty repair stuff and it may just end up getting returned. In the event that goes away, I happen to already have a pair of Edifier S1000MKII bookshelf speakers (currently for my record player.) Could those form part of a nice home theater audio setup? I would need a receiver as well as whatever other speakers would be needed. I do have access to Costco member stuff. I have a soundbar mount on my TV already so getting something in that form factor for the central speaker would be nice.

edit: hey, I finally figured out why they're called bookshelf speakers :p

Mozi fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jun 24, 2022

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Mozi posted:

In the event that goes away, I happen to already have a pair of Edifier S1000MKII bookshelf speakers (currently for my record player.) Could those form part of a nice home theater audio setup? I would need a receiver as well as whatever other speakers would be needed. I do have access to Costco member stuff. I have a soundbar mount on my TV already so getting something in that form factor for the central speaker would be nice.
Not really to all of it. It's nearly impossible to mix active speakers like your Edifiers and surround sound on a civilian budget. That said if you use just the Edifiers with your TV it's probably going to sound a lot better than any soundbar. Soundbars and very small speakers in general are an exercise in compromise of sound quality for form factor. This is also true of center channel speakers, the very slim ones tend to sound a lot worse than larger ones with 5" or bigger woofers. I think the biggest thing to think about is if you really need surround sound because that's a while different set of gear. 2.0 or 2.1 can get you most of the way there with a lot less stuff.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
Well... I can't say I need surround but I did really like having the rear speakers for movie stuff. Plus I already got the mounts on the dang walls. I noticed when I connect these to my TV with the optical and set the TV to use its own speakers it still outputs to the optical regardless which helps fill thing out a bit/act as a central speaker but I need a subwoofer, this isn't quite cutting it in that department. If I do ditch the soundbar that's a thousand bucks back in my pocket... would the Edifiers really not work with a receiver to which I could add a subwoofer and worry about adding surround later? It's not that the bass is bad but I'm fortunate to be able to shake the house when I want to and not have anyone complain.

Edit: OK, I having done a little research I see what you mean about active speakers not working well with a receiver. I'm guessing that even if I got a receiver with an unamplified output I can connect them to it would still be a sub-optimal experience? If it's not gonna work out with these I'm good with exploring other options.

Edit 2: Idea: my TV for some reason always outputs audio to the optical port even if something else is selected on the TV. The TV also has a feature where it can output to both BT and its own speakers and the volumes can be adjusted independently. So... I should be able to have these two speakers hooked up to optical, have the TV speaker on as a central speaker and have a Bluetooth subwoofer connected... and all I'd need to pick up would be the subwoofer. And I'd just need to deal with three separate remotes to adjust the volume! :p

Edit 3: The Yamaha TSR-700 has pre-outs for Front and Zone 2, would that work for me here?

Mozi fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jun 24, 2022

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Is there a small, cheaper Chinese version of the big chunky Denons and Yamahas?

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

The perks of a new denon/onkyo/yamaha etc. are that you've got all the most up to date connectivity and audio processing standards. You also get high quality components that will last for decades and not gently caress up other stuff you connect to them. Cheap knockoffs will have neither. If it's a budget issue, get an older receiver from a decent manufacturer - I see 5 under $50 that would work for this on my local craigslist. You won't get the up to date tech (dolby 5.1 is fine for anyone on a budget setup though) but you will get something you can hook your other stuff up to without worry.

I have used a cheap bluetooth stereo amp from Pyle to drive free-to-me junky speakers on my porch and it works fine, though there's definitely a bit of a buzz. https://smile.amazon.com/stores/pag...2d&ref_=ast_bln

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Mozi posted:

Well... I can't say I need surround but I did really like having the rear speakers for movie stuff. Plus I already got the mounts on the dang walls. I noticed when I connect these to my TV with the optical and set the TV to use its own speakers it still outputs to the optical regardless which helps fill thing out a bit/act as a central speaker but I need a subwoofer, this isn't quite cutting it in that department. If I do ditch the soundbar that's a thousand bucks back in my pocket... would the Edifiers really not work with a receiver to which I could add a subwoofer and worry about adding surround later? It's not that the bass is bad but I'm fortunate to be able to shake the house when I want to and not have anyone complain.

Edit: OK, I having done a little research I see what you mean about active speakers not working well with a receiver. I'm guessing that even if I got a receiver with an unamplified output I can connect them to it would still be a sub-optimal experience? If it's not gonna work out with these I'm good with exploring other options.

Edit 2: Idea: my TV for some reason always outputs audio to the optical port even if something else is selected on the TV. The TV also has a feature where it can output to both BT and its own speakers and the volumes can be adjusted independently. So... I should be able to have these two speakers hooked up to optical, have the TV speaker on as a central speaker and have a Bluetooth subwoofer connected... and all I'd need to pick up would be the subwoofer. And I'd just need to deal with three separate remotes to adjust the volume! :p

Edit 3: The Yamaha TSR-700 has pre-outs for Front and Zone 2, would that work for me here?

Don't gently caress around with mixing Bluetooth, powered speakers and passive speakers, there will be latency and it will just be lovely to use.

Almost any receiver should be able to run actives for L+R though, so if you're looking to keep your edifiers in the mix that would work... But I would forgo a centre in that case as you're unlikely to find something that matches them closely enough, and any half decent receiver can do a perfectly good "phantom centre" mix anyway. Order of priority after L+R should always be sub, rear/side surrounds if you want that experience, and then centre.

A good centre is great. A cheap one is not. I would wait until you have the coin to buy a nice pair of passive floor standing L+Rs and a matching centre and get them all at once. Just make sure the drivers in the centre are the same size (or at least in the same ballpark) as the L+R, or it may actually sound worse.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
Thanks for the advice - I'm a little constrained spacewise and am unable to have a floor-standing or wall-mounted R speaker and would need to be able to sit it on something. The space on the floor directly beneath the TV is also currently accounted for, which is part of the reason I have a TV-attached soundbar mount to begin with. But it sounds like from what you're saying I can pick up a receiver and a subwoofer (or two...), some surrounds, and use the Edifiers for now and wouldn't be wasting anything for when later on I may be able to redo my setup a bit and get passive L, R and center as you suggest.

I'm OK and able to pay for quality but am no audiophile and don't want to waste money I don't need to. For receivers which of the Costco options comes out on top now, Yamaha, Denon or Onkyo? And for the subwoofer and surrounds should I keep an eye open for Klipsch sales or something?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Not sure what’s your use case, but Loxjie A30 is a DAC+amp that’ll power a 2.1 setup and has lots of good reviews. That’s what I’m using. A Denon or Yamaha would be total overkill. The diss here for Chinese brands is silly.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

HDMI switching and surround sound require a lot of license fees and testing that none of the Chinese companies [or really anyone that isn’t a giant electronics company] are really into. Stereo is much easier, it’s why HDMI ARC ports are showing up on stereo gear now.

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006
Hello,
I'm looking for a Bluetooth receiver that I can link up to my living room cabinet speakers and amp to stream music from our phones etc. Just something that I can connect to Stereo RCA cables or a 3.5mm jack is fine. There are way too many options on Amazon and the reviews for them are all over the place. Anyone got any recommendations - ideally not more than £40?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

The Grumbles posted:

Hello,
I'm looking for a Bluetooth receiver that I can link up to my living room cabinet speakers and amp to stream music from our phones etc. Just something that I can connect to Stereo RCA cables or a 3.5mm jack is fine. There are way too many options on Amazon and the reviews for them are all over the place. Anyone got any recommendations - ideally not more than £40?
Topping makes the BC3 which has AptX and isn't from the Amazon Procedurally Generated Brand Name complex. That said a lot of cheaper ones probably work fine as long as they have a real Qualcomm chipset. Oh yeah, Logitech also makes a pretty cheap one [$40 USD] with good reviews.

qirex fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jun 25, 2022

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
Not sure how easy they are to get in the UK but monoprice has multiple options depending on which Bluetooth audio standards and codecs you want supported. This is the fancier one

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p...dRoCvIwQAvD_BwE

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Should I get the Samsung Q950A at like a 700 dollar discount or wait for the Q990B and buy it at MSRP for what will likely just be a slight improvement when it comes to the subwoofer - the answer is extremely obvious tbh but I still gotta ask.

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006
Thanks both.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
I ended up buying the Jamo S 809 bundle deal, 2x outlet PB-1000s, and a TSR-700. Total is a few hundred bucks more than what this soundbar system I'm returning cost and I'll need to rearrange some things for the speakers but I anticipate this should satisfy my house-shaking requirements.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

papa horny michael posted:

This was a while ago but he didn't recommend a subwoofer? WTF?

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

I am trying to figure out what to do with my center channel. It is too tall to place in front of the tv on the media console. The console has louvered-like slats on the doors and for a while I had it in there with the dbs boosted a bit but I don't think this was optimal. Maybe I needed to fiddle with the levels a bit more. I had audessy run with it placed like this. This is an example of what it looks like

the other option I was thinking of was placing it under the console and angling it a bit so its pointing to ear level.
Any thoughts?

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Buying a taller VESA TV stand or wall mount for your TV maybe?

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Inept posted:

Buying a taller VESA TV stand or wall mount for your TV maybe?

Wall mount isn’t possible but the stand suggestion made me think about maybe getting some risers to make it slightly taller

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

Mozi posted:

I ended up buying the Jamo S 809 bundle deal, 2x outlet PB-1000s, and a TSR-700. Total is a few hundred bucks more than what this soundbar system I'm returning cost and I'll need to rearrange some things for the speakers but I anticipate this should satisfy my house-shaking requirements.

OK with the exception of the second subwoofer (missing power cable, replacement not arriving till next week) I'm all set up now and yeah, this is pretty great. I spent time last week with both my Edifiers and the Samsung soundbar and qirex you were correct in that I preferred the Edifiers. While having surround is important to me, the soundbar (which I got on a significant sale but MSRPs for over $1600) was really unimpressive. The Edifiers are crystal clear, clean and precise, not harsh or bright, with strong punchy and tight bass. (May not be using the correct terminology here). Only negative I can say about them is that sometimes they're almost too clean, clinically clean. The Samsung in comparison sounded broad and smeary. Not terrible but just not good. And the subwoofer... why even include it if it's going to be that pitiful? Yeah you could turn it up and get something out of it but it was flabby, just farting up the low-end. (May not be using the correct terminology once again.) The Jamos in comparison sound much more like I'm listening with my nice headphones, there's a big soundstage but everything is still clear and well-defined and not smeared out like with the Samsung. And after calibrating things a bit (Yamaha auto-calibration thing worked pretty well but needed a bunch of tweaks with the crossover levels and such) the subwoofer is perfect, just letting me hear and feel those low frequencies clearly, blending in well with the rest of the setup.

$400 for the Jamo bundle (which is a great value), $400 for the receiver, $800 for both subs. That's the same as the MSRP of the soundbar. The only reason to get a soundbar in this price range is if you have no other option. There might be better ones out there (Bose? Sennheiser?) but if you don't need to... don't.

Oh and I ordered the subs a week before SVS had their 4th of July sale and they automatically refunded me the difference before I could ask them to do that, which is cool.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I currently have a pair of Polk S50 serving as the front left and right speakers as part of a 5.1.2 setup. I noticed that Amazon has the ES60 on sale for a decent price, would that be a noticeable upgrade? I live in an apartment so I can't go super hard with my speakers but I wonder if it would still be a noticeable step up.

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
i have tried setting up a system where i can connect my headphones to my tv

it goes:

apple tv >
tv >
ground-loop isolator >
jack cable extender >
headphones

most of the time, the dialogue - and usually only the dialogue - will drop out. i can fiddle with the cables, and sometimes it comes back, but it's just too much to mess with

i could spend a billion years trying to buy other cable extenders - because my headphones have proprietary ports - but even that might not fix it. is it possible i should look into boosting the signal instead? especially since the jack cable is running pretty long?

the headphones are pretty expensive, and bluetooth/wireless is awful and has latency, so this seems like the least awful thing to try right now

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

kliras posted:

i have tried setting up a system where i can connect my headphones to my tv

it goes:

apple tv >
tv >
ground-loop isolator >
jack cable extender >
headphones

most of the time, the dialogue - and usually only the dialogue - will drop out. i can fiddle with the cables, and sometimes it comes back, but it's just too much to mess with

i could spend a billion years trying to buy other cable extenders - because my headphones have proprietary ports - but even that might not fix it. is it possible i should look into boosting the signal instead? especially since the jack cable is running pretty long?

the headphones are pretty expensive, and bluetooth/wireless is awful and has latency, so this seems like the least awful thing to try right now

have you tried a contemporary Bluetooth transmitter? Like a nice one?

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
i'm very sensitive to the slightest latency unfortunately

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Incessant Excess posted:

I currently have a pair of Polk S50 serving as the front left and right speakers as part of a 5.1.2 setup. I noticed that Amazon has the ES60 on sale for a decent price, would that be a noticeable upgrade? I live in an apartment so I can't go super hard with my speakers but I wonder if it would still be a noticeable step up.

Probably not a noticeable step up, especially due to your apartment situation. Just quickly glancing at the specs, the main difference seems to be that the ES60 can handle more power so it can play louder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

The Polk Reserve series, the next line up, is supposed to be very good, AC4L gets them sometimes.