Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

https://twitter.com/porksweats1/status/1538979422543429633?s=20&t=_TCTK3GBXddAM9tLf3XNig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

do what now

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
You see having young wrestlers facing vets is a bad thing because

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

The account used to be Girl On Cinema

oh, lol

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

If I had access to old wrestling magazines I would post clips of the letters to the editors. I BET they were just as full of bad takes as twitter and reddit are these days

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Shard posted:

If I had access to old wrestling magazines I would post clips of the letters to the editors. I BET they were just as full of bad takes as twitter and reddit are these days

I don't have them anymore, but I used to have a ton of PWI and its sister publications. My favorite letters were the ones about how this new heel in the WWF wasn't going to fall for Hogan's "Hulking Up" bit. Nosiree! When Hulk started to Hulk up, Harley Race, Ted DiBiase, or whoever it was, they were going to make the Hulkster look like a fool by jumping out of the ring and leaving him dumbfounded! These guys from the NWA/Mid-South were just too smart for that!

Qoey
Jun 2, 2014

I just need someone, anyone, to give this guy a synonym for "talent"

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

1glitch0 posted:

do what now

I'm guessing they're really mad that Nick Wayne had a competitive match with old veteran Will Ospreay

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021

Shard posted:

I've got a bunch that I'll give a look through. Lot of familiar names showing up in the pen pals section too.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Goodnight indie talents without a life who don't know talent and limit your talent you talent yourself into vampire, marks.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

It gets even better

https://twitter.com/porksweats1/status/1538980123411726344?s=20&t=xtVoaLXTZrJ46ZBIi2u5VA

Will Ospreay only seems relevant because he wrestles teenagers on the indies

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I can kind of see what he's saying, that overexposing young talent in Your Match can be detrimental to them, but I think he's giving short shrift to the capability of these young wrestlers to adapt and rework their style and remain vital presences despite being known mainly for This Teen Can Dish It Out Main Event Style matches.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Goodnight TALENTAMANIACS and jabronie marks without a life that don't know it a talent when you talent a talent and talent yourself into a talent,marks

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I think it also may be the assumption that "This is too dangerous, the kid will be permanently injured!"

That or he has to earn his dues by jobbing out for another 10 years

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Shard posted:

Guaranteed

Someone found mid 90s BBS takes that you could airdrop into a 2022 tweet thread or reddit rant without anyone blinking

Dumb is eternal

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Power Windows posted:

It gets even better

https://twitter.com/porksweats1/status/1538980123411726344?s=20&t=xtVoaLXTZrJ46ZBIi2u5VA

Will Ospreay only seems relevant because he wrestles teenagers on the indies

I think a couple of low rent jr heavies working in a bingo hall is exactly what you do to learn how to work

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Lol @ referring to Will Ospreay as an "indie dude" too.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Lol @ referring to Will Ospreay as an "indie dude" too.

There's only one place that counts as the Big Leagues, kid

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I agree that young wrestlers shouldn't wrestle too much. Every wrestler only has a limited number of matches they're allowed to wrestle in their lifetime and we don't want them using up too many of them while they're young and learning

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Elephant Ambush posted:

I agree that young wrestlers shouldn't wrestle too much. Every wrestler only has a limited number of matches they're allowed to wrestle in their lifetime and we don't want them using up too many of them while they're young and learning

So many young wrestlers ruined because they ran out of pops in their late 20s :/

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/SocietyMovies/status/1538991819345866752?t=vrliwPo6BtU_dP4PJzM2Mg&s=19

"not body shaming"
"professional wrestler"
"major promotion"
:thunk:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

There has been a massive influx of these posts lately.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Vince McMahon has infected hundreds of thousands of online weirdos with his extremely specific fetish

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I think that clicking on tweets from this thread made more like them show on my feed. The amount of people with awful takes like that is staggering.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Guillermus posted:

I think that clicking on tweets from this thread made more like them show on my feed. The amount of people with awful takes like that is staggering.

Yes, interacting with the bad tweets by clicking on them makes Twitter think you like that kind of content. I guess a good reason to avoid touching the poop (or at least set up your Twitter feed to to stop it showing things it thinks you want to see)

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i have a twitter account but follow nobody and never ever look at my home page, it's basically just a key that lets me see the stuff twitter deems too hot for the general populace

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1539044841673445376?t=VXp1695yAo18iDkjFxrzww&s=19

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

Shard posted:

https://archive.org/details/wrestlingmagazinesmisc

Good luck.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Alaois posted:

i have a twitter account but follow nobody and never ever look at my home page, it's basically just a key that lets me see the stuff twitter deems too hot for the general populace

Same same but I follow every wrestler ever.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://archive.org/details/pro-wrestling-illustrated-1986-05-road-warriors-b/page/n3/mode/2up

Page 2 at the bottom - More-Aco.

On the Magnificent Muraco - "He deserves recognition. Look how he has destroyed Rick 'Puff The Dragon' Steamboat over the past few months. Muraco is the toughest opponent Hulk Hogan ever faced..."

Shard fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Jun 21, 2022

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Suplex Liberace posted:

Same same but I follow every wrestler ever.

You follow Buck Zumhofe? Gross

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

gotta take the good with the bad in twitter

quote:

[–]clubberin 16 points 18 hours ago

Actually, Andrew Zarian seems to be the one who gets more information lately. Dave has some insight into the legitimate inner workings of WWE from his years reporting, but his sources have dried up as well.

But what do I know, I only pay to hear Craig give Bryan poo poo. Or Mark's once a year Rumble rant.

wtf

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

saying Dave’s WWE sources have dried up when Cody just moved there is a big lol

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

the inside baseball comments about Dave's reporting are always the best because they couldn't more clearly be from people who don't have a loving clue.

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021
seems like an easy problem to solve. if dave wants more scoops, become a strip club dj like zarian.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
No real funny tweets but the wildest bio you'll read.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
free association in my twitter bio

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

MassRafTer posted:

No real funny tweets but the wildest bio you'll read.

Love that even in a "gently caress you NJPW" account bio Noah couldn't get a look in.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

I think he’s just mad that NJPW made golden boy Ibushi sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Lamuella posted:

Love that even in a "gently caress you NJPW" account bio Noah couldn't get a look in.

"So you like NOAH?"

"No, my family are Jewish but not observant."