Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i hope one day that i can play the final fantasy pixel remasters on my nintendo switch...

They're too resource intensive to work. Simply can't be done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i hope one day that i can play the final fantasy pixel remasters on my nintendo switch...

This

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

They're too resource intensive to work. Simply can't be done.

This

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

it's a lot of pixels, and they're in HD

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Hizke posted:

lmfao stop posting in cspam you lunatic

For real lol.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Just had FF6 softlock on me when I finished a battle halfway through the Cave to the Sealed Gate. I hope this doesn't become a common occurence.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

just start making fun of the mods and eventually you'll end up like me. problem solved

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Kongming posted:

Just had FF6 softlock on me when I finished a battle halfway through the Cave to the Sealed Gate. I hope this doesn't become a common occurence.

did you try to sketch one of the invisible things

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 27 hours!
i thought they fixed the sketch bug in the pixel remaster but lol if they didnt and it still destroys your save file

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i thought they fixed the sketch bug in the pixel remaster but lol if they didnt and it still destroys your save file

i would have bet they did, but i know the sealed cave has some things that turn invisible so it's my best guess, lol

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Bicyclops posted:

did you try to sketch one of the invisible things

I don't even have Relm yet. I killed the last enemy in a group with Edgar's drill and it softlocked as it was playing the death animation. I got through the cave without it happening again but it was weird.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

It was fixed at some point in the original release, I remember I took my cartridge back to the store and got a new one.

Didn't have the slightest clue what had caused it at the time since I didn't have internet yet. I think I suspected Terra's morph skill, since I'd used that in the last battle before the glitch, so I never used it again lol.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i encountered it on the floating isle during the escape on my first playtrhough and i didn't want to have to beat atmaweapon again, so i kept going and eventually got out of the combat, and i ended up with 99 Illuminas(Lightbringers) in my inventory, lol. for years i thought i had gotten them in the coliseum or something. dual wielding them basically just makes any character invincible.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 27 hours!
the first time i played final fantasy 6 i knew about the vanish/doom bug because of someone at school and i abused it the entire game to get through most of the boss fights. i didnt learn until later that this fucks up deathgazes battle script and he doesn't drop the bahamut magicite if you kill him with the vanish bug lmao

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jun 9, 2022

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the first time i played final fantasy 6 i knew about the vanish/doom bug because of someone at school and i abused it the entire game to get through most of the boss fights. i didnt learn until later that this fucks up deathgazes battle script and he doesn't drop the bahamut magicite if you kill him with the vanish bug lmao

actually thoat only happens if you do vanish/x-zone, if you vanish/doom youre fine

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 27 hours!

Fungah! posted:

actually thoat only happens if you do vanish/x-zone, if you vanish/doom youre fine

x-zone was the better spell because it banished the bosses to outerspace

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jun 9, 2022

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

FFXVI details starting to drop

https://twitter.com/finalfantasyxvi/status/1539453385228828673?s=20&t=phmdg-bnjQR3CslFDbRrsw

hype increasing

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

It’s hard to understand what that means, more like X/XIII or all the others?

Love the direction of the concept art. Reminds me a lot of XII which makes sense given the setting.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

my morning jackass posted:

Love the direction of the concept art. Reminds me a lot of XII which makes sense given the setting.

its nonsense which means itll be good

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

my morning jackass posted:

I'm guessing six big "hub" maps rather than one open seamless world, which doesn't really mean much without knowing how it's structured (it could just mean six small lovely open world maps lol) but is probably a good sign

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope it's just instance zones like FFXIV with really garish blue lasers showing you the loading barrier

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Going by other interviews it sounds like XII or XIV more than anything, with medium-sized explorable zones but not just one huge map. Another interview mentions four of the areas being especially large.

Another thing that sounds fun is that the summon vs. summon battles will apparently each be a different genre. One of them is a "3D shooter," one of them is "pro wrestling," one of them is a large-scale battlefield. In the trailer they hid most of the UI for them because it would've been visually confusing.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

elf help book posted:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 27 hours!

elf help book posted:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
small open worldy areas? you mean XENOBLADE? HAHAHHAHAH welcome to the fold new xenobros

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I feel like the eidolon vs eidolon fights are what I'm the most concerned about... I'm imagining a big wack qte fight

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

I hope it's just instance zones like FFXIV with really garish blue lasers showing you the loading barrier

If it's just FFXIV with better combat cause it's not an 8 year old MMO, and slick production values cause it's not an 8 year old MMO, it will be extremely badass.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

P-Mack posted:

If it's just FFXIV with better combat cause it's not an 8 year old MMO, and slick production values cause it's not an 8 year old MMO, it will be extremely badass.

100%. I can't wait.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I feel like the eidolon vs eidolon fights are what I'm the most concerned about... I'm imagining a big wack qte fight

I'm imagining a big wack QTE fight and smiling. We are not the same

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Harrow posted:

Going by other interviews it sounds like XII or XIV more than anything, with medium-sized explorable zones but not just one huge map. Another interview mentions four of the areas being especially large.

Another thing that sounds fun is that the summon vs. summon battles will apparently each be a different genre. One of them is a "3D shooter," one of them is "pro wrestling," one of them is a large-scale battlefield. In the trailer they hid most of the UI for them because it would've been visually confusing.
Those sound badass

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

In Training posted:

Lasers ftw

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I can’t wait for common words like “framing” or “requisitioning” to take on a totally new meaning for me in six months time

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Harrow posted:

loving awesome

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

In Training posted:

I'm imagining a big wack QTE fight and smiling. We are not the same

lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

elf help book posted:

P-Mack posted:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

ff7R had the same "it's all one long hallway" complaints that people level against the series and it owned. not every game has to be "open world" and the traditional JRPG structure just works for final fantasy. sometimes opening up a slow trickle of sidequests and minigames through the story is fine, not every game has to be "find 10 behemoth pelts"

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

ff7R had the same "it's all one long hallway" complaints that people level against the series and it owned. not every game has to be "open world" and the traditional JRPG structure just works for final fantasy. sometimes opening up a slow trickle of sidequests and minigames through the story is fine, not every game has to be "find 10 behemoth pelts"

I'd love for them to straight up have a world map that just goes between different locations but we're probably long past that

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
"inspiration from recent AAA open-world RPGs" they're going to make it like Elden Ring.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 27 hours!

Arrhythmia posted:

"inspiration from recent AAA open-world RPGs" they're going to make it like Elden Ring.

good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

yes please