Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

RoastBeef posted:

He deleted it

An idiot and a coward.

:pathetic:

Edit: I guess "posting through it" wasn't working.

wash bucket has a new favorite as of 17:57 on Jun 22, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Stag dos are cringe

2nd level spells
Apr 3, 2022
Stag...

do?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

do not try to understand the British language, it is incomprehensible

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

you either stag do or stag don't

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Millenials are such babies. On an unrelated note, I can't feed myself or get a beverage without the help of professionals

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

stag as the opposite of hen, for some reason, and do as in event. A do, a thing you do, an event. "we are having a do on saturday, would you like to come"

Oibignose
Jun 30, 2007

tasty yellow beef
I’m a rail worker and RMT member. Voted no to striking but went out on strike yesterday. Feels good sticking it to the man. Been a great and truly awkward atmosphere today back at work. I’m not on any social media but I’ve got some absolute gold iosm style posts from a WhatsApp group of union members I’m in.

Can’t post them obviously but it is great seeing people who were led down the garden path by the tabloids finally realise that their media of choice isn’t always right. Funny how it’s not funny when they come for you.

Oibignose has a new favorite as of 18:05 on Jun 22, 2022

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Your friends get you super drunk and make you gently caress a few stags before you get married. We all did it, right?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

sorry I already have plans for an eat on Saturday

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

old bean factory posted:

Your friends get you super drunk and make you gently caress a few stags before you get married. We all did it, right?

Get outta here Bambi-fucker.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Both are the idiots.

https://twitter.com/DawnDav08238395/status/1539269455259258880

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

So, Millennials are just straight up the whipping boys and girls of any pissed off olds, I guess? They do know the youngest of us are pushing 30, and the oldest of us are just over or pushing 40, right? We're mostly middle aged ourselves!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Eventually it'll be a drawing of a "millennial" somehow being carried along by their long-dead ghost parents, despite every millennial being grandparent age

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Regarde Aduck posted:

lets keep this simple: the bbc is an arm of the tories and is trying to turn people against the strikes.

You know that the Tories hate the BBC and everything it stands for, right? It’s not perfect, but it’s a fuckton better than most media, imagine if all we had was Piers Morgan’s smug fat face spouting bile

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Scientastic posted:

You know that the Tories hate the BBC and everything it stands for, right? It’s not perfect, but it’s a fuckton better than most media, imagine if all we had was Piers Morgan’s smug fat face spouting bile

Sure the Tories hate it, and yet it still constantly carries water for them.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

They also pick the people who run it and most of the people who present for it are card carrying tories, and the tories recruit a lot of their comms people from the BBC.

So, like, the dislike seems rather performative.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

The BBC as a news organisation is pro establishment and conservative (small c), not specifically pro tory. Its a fine line and a real loving subtle distinction as those things have a hell of an overlap, but there you go.

2nd level spells
Apr 3, 2022

OwlFancier posted:

stag as the opposite of hen, for some reason, and do as in event. A do, a thing you do, an event. "we are having a do on saturday, would you like to come"

It's archaic now (most use bachelor party) but over here in God's Country I've heared stag party and stag film and such but do used in this way is new to me.

And I guess they use hen for the female version because otherwise you'd have a doe do and that would just sound silly.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
The BBC has a thing for being "fair and balanced" regardless of what the topic is, even if that topic clearly has a right and wrong side.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

2nd level spells posted:

It's archaic now (most use bachelor party) but over here in God's Country I've heared stag party and stag film and such but do used in this way is new to me.

And I guess they use hen for the female version because otherwise you'd have a doe do and that would just sound silly.

Personally I would have simply gone with cock party.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

AngryRobotsInc posted:

So, Millennials are just straight up the whipping boys and girls of any pissed off olds, I guess? They do know the youngest of us are pushing 30, and the oldest of us are just over or pushing 40, right? We're mostly middle aged ourselves!

https://twitter.com/teletvradio/status/1538965137213771776

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

would be funny if this was a bait and switch and the showrunners gently caress everything up and need to be saved by the contestants or something like that

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The millenials should simply kill and eat the show runners and disperse the cash prize evenly.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

2nd level spells posted:

yeah those definitely have grimier connotations than stag and doe (usually spelled this way) in us and canada, which is a fundraising party for the wedding where the couple host raffles and games. lots of drinking still

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

oh no I have to survive in the giant lawn that is the UK

*throws on a light jacket*

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Eh there's parts of scotland you could definitely die in. And not just from the locals.

Otherwise yeah you could just walk in any direction for an hour or so and you'll hit a road and also most of the space in between is farmland.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

The showrunners are Millennials themselves! And only one of the 'contestants' named. The rest are Gen Z.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
there's just no 26-41 year old survivalists, outdoor enthusiasts, mountain climbers, youtubers who can build a 2 story mud hut with a pizza stove and bathtub using a shovel, community garden leaders, people who are in or served in the military, park guides, off-the-grid lifestylers, scout members, hunters

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

there's just no 26-41 year old survivalists, outdoor enthusiasts, mountain climbers, youtubers who can build a 2 story mud hut with a pizza stove and bathtub using a shovel, community garden leaders, people who are in or served in the military, park guides, off-the-grid lifestylers, scout members, hunters

I was gonna say, aren't there quite a few Youtube channels of "young couple lives off the grid"? I know this because they like to make the thumbnail be the lady while she's showering or doing stretches or whatever.

old bean factory posted:

Kuros posted:

Get outta here Bambi-fucker.

Actual footage of a British bachelor party:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUDGfeO9-kI

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Back in the day the BBC would dub another voice over any interview with Gerry Adams to get around the fact that it was illegal to broadcast his voice.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

RareAcumen posted:

It's like they turned Star Wars into a comic book story

Comic book stories are generally divided into runs that have one writer. There are runs that do switch out writers , but they are either planned that way or simetjing has gone horribly wrong

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

FreudianSlippers posted:

Back in the day the BBC would dub another voice over any interview with Gerry Adams to get around the fact that it was illegal to broadcast his voice.

As an American "illegal to broadcast his voice" is a very weird phrase to me

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Oh it’s very weird to everyone, to my knowledge he’s the only person that ever had that treatment.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

As in many cases the US prefers the privatised approach of many layered systems of economic and social incentives that ensure that only an insignificant number of people get to hear things that would be inconvenient to those in power whereas the UK adopts the state controlled approach of making it simply illegal.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Mega Comrade posted:

The BBC has a thing for being "fair and balanced" regardless of what the topic is, even if that topic clearly has a right and wrong side.

Unless they're writing about trans people, then they'll gleefully post an article about how trans women are rapists with the only source being an anti-trans hate group and include quotes from a cis lesbian rapist who has called for literal genocide against trans people and include no quotes from actual trans women for balance in the article.

gently caress the BBC.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/BadMedicalTakes/status/1539654950850002944?s=20&t=izrTC5MNjrfPjuHNTkI8Bw

There's a lot of jokes to be made about how a poo poo ton protein powders and muscle builder stuff and what not contain soy, but they are technically correct that if you are trying to build muscles, eating soy to the exclusion of all other foods, wouldn't be a great idea.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Lemniscate Blue posted:

How is a wallet drainer site a thing that can even exist? How is cryptocurrency infrastructure that vulnerable?

This is just screamingly funny.
Most certainly related to everything involving crypto/NFTs being a scam/illegal/both. It's all the lowest-effort trash humanly possible. The ongoing ape event in NYC invited Amy Schumer to open, for reasons that escape me, and she apparently spent the whole time making fun of them. The fact that it's going on while the entire crypto ecosystem is falling apart is extra hilarious.

Wallet drained, all my slurp juice gone

Edit for related idiocy: just saw this in the GBS crypto thread :lmao:

Zil posted:

https://www.bakingbusiness.com/articles/56643-hostess-debuts-twinkcoin-snack-cakes

They had to know right, seriously, how did this make it past a committee?
Can't believe the latest pump-and-dump scheme is twinks with cream filling!

Zero_Grade has a new favorite as of 19:55 on Jun 22, 2022

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Lemniscate Blue posted:

How is a wallet drainer site a thing that can even exist? How is cryptocurrency infrastructure that vulnerable?

This is just screamingly funny.

...Is this just crypto fin-dom?

This is extra funny to me, as my partner just bought a lavender-mint aromatherapy body lotion for himself. Glad to see the forced feminization is working as intended. :yeshaha:

Veotax posted:

Unless they're writing about trans people, then they'll gleefully post an article about how trans women are rapists with the only source being an anti-trans hate group and include quotes from a cis lesbian rapist who has called for literal genocide against trans people and include no quotes from actual trans women for balance in the article.

gently caress the BBC.

For context, that monster's article was filled with so much hate and anger towards trans women, that it made MY stomach churn as a cis woman's. Literally just "De-transition and apologize, or us lesbians are going to kill you".

Read After Burning has a new favorite as of 19:55 on Jun 22, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Veotax posted:

gently caress the BBC.

That's not true, they did have quotes from a trans women! It's just that women was also a piece of poo poo who agreed with the rapist.