Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Scientastic posted:

You know that the Tories hate the BBC and everything it stands for, right? It’s not perfect, but it’s a fuckton better than most media, imagine if all we had was Piers Morgan’s smug fat face spouting bile

Next you'll tell me the media in the US isn't insanely deferential to conservatives despite being reviled as "liberal " by those same conservatives!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Read After Burning posted:

...Is this just crypto fin-dom?

This is extra funny to me, as my partner just bought a lavender-mint aromatherapy body lotion for himself. Glad to see the forced feminization is working as intended. :yeshaha:

I somehow skipped over the lavender thing because I focused on the "you shouldn't only eat soy" part. Like I know it's considered more feminine, now that all hygiene products are gendered you won't find lavender scented stuff in the "men's soap" section, but I didn't think there was an idea it was inherently feminizing the same way idiot's think soy is.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Skwirl posted:

There's a lot of jokes to be made about how a poo poo ton protein powders and muscle builder stuff and what not contain soy, but they are technically correct that if you are trying to build muscles, eating soy to the exclusion of all other foods, wouldn't be a great idea.

I spend a fair amount of time in vegan spaces online, and so we get more than a few people asking the "Soy? Estrogen?" questions, and I have unironically found that like...the easiest way to get them to accept it's not an issue is "I can say as a trans person, if soy actually did what that implies, all the trans women and transfemme people I know would be eating nothing but tofu." All the scientific studies in the world do gently caress all, but that seems to do the trick.

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

Lemniscate Blue posted:

How is a wallet drainer site a thing that can even exist? How is cryptocurrency infrastructure that vulnerable?

This is just screamingly funny.

Wallet drainers work because people buying nfts and crypto are idiots who disable passwords and automate transaction agreements because those things would require them to spend a little time remembering codes and typing things in every time they buy or transfer something. Even "legitimate" dealers and broker sites instruct users to disable that poo poo for ease of use, its so bad.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

hawowanlawow posted:

sorry I already have plans for an eat on Saturday
I first read this as "an ant", and let me tell you, in the context of stag-loving posts it was startling.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I first read this as "an ant", and let me tell you, in the context of stag-loving posts it was startling.

Poor antlers...

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Skwirl posted:

I somehow skipped over the lavender thing because I focused on the "you shouldn't only eat soy" part. Like I know it's considered more feminine, now that all hygiene products are gendered you won't find lavender scented stuff in the "men's soap" section, but I didn't think there was an idea it was inherently feminizing the same way idiot's think soy is.

There's been a few cases where a mom feeds her son huge amounts of lavender essential oil and the kid grows breasts, or other hormone fuckery. It's real-ish. I'm sure lots of substances would have effects like that if you megadosed them over a long period.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Arsenic Lupin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp5bgUyRu6s

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dr. Stab posted:

There's been a few cases where a mom feeds her son huge amounts of lavender essential oil and the kid grows breasts, or other hormone fuckery. It's real-ish. I'm sure lots of substances would have effects like that if you megadosed them over a long period.

Ahh, I didn't realize lavender had real or imagined uses beyond "smells nice" so of course some mom gave her kid way too much.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Essential oil craziness is all about taking a product that purely exists for the purpose of smelling nice and then ascribing health benefits to chugging it by the gallon. And then some of those substances with the nice smells are actually pharmacologically active and, if you take enough, actually do things to your body aside from how smelling it makes you feel.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

FreudianSlippers posted:

Back in the day the BBC would dub another voice over any interview with Gerry Adams to get around the fact that it was illegal to broadcast his voice.

Were they afraid he'd use the glamour on them?

2nd level spells
Apr 3, 2022
lavender is lovely in certain fruitty deserts. My lemon berry bread pudding recipe calls for lavender to be steeped in the milk. Alas it has done nothing for my tits.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Dr. Stab posted:

Essential oil craziness is all about taking a product that purely exists for the purpose of smelling nice and then ascribing health benefits to chugging it by the gallon. And then some of those substances with the nice smells are actually pharmacologically active and, if you take enough, actually do things to your body aside from how smelling it makes you feel.

I remember a former friend of mine enthusiastically talked about orally supplementing tea tree oil...

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Dr. Stab posted:

doesn't this literally boil down to people misinterpreting essential as in "necessary" rather than "essence-of"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Thus, you should drink 10w30

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

repiv posted:

doesn't this literally boil down to people misinterpreting essential as in "necessary" rather than "essence-of"

Just ask the Surgeon General. Just go up and salute and say, "General, ..."

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Fighting Trousers posted:

Were they afraid he'd use the glamour on them?

It was literally the law that british media couldnt broadcast "direct statements" from various republican and loyalist groups. The dubbing (and/or subtitling) was a work-around, because if its not his voice then its technically not a direct statement. Anecdotally I've heard that Adams wasnt that bothered and was known to ask journalists "Who's doing my voice tonight?" as he prefered some of the actors over the others. It was removed in the 90s because if I remember correctly, the government finally realised it was loving stupid. Its worth noting that the ban was widely disliked by the news media and commonly mocked by comedy shows.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

SiKboy posted:

It was literally the law that british media couldnt broadcast "direct statements" from various republican and loyalist groups. The dubbing (and/or subtitling) was a work-around, because if its not his voice then its technically not a direct statement. Anecdotally I've heard that Adams wasnt that bothered and was known to ask journalists "Who's doing my voice tonight?" as he prefered some of the actors over the others. It was removed in the 90s because if I remember correctly, the government finally realised it was loving stupid. Its worth noting that the ban was widely disliked by the news media and commonly mocked by comedy shows.

https://youtu.be/UOUeauLWEaE

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
https://twitter.com/hatsarebad/status/1539715462178967552
https://twitter.com/hatsarebad/status/1539715228535255040

...This person just tried the Eric Garner defense ("I ACCIDENTALLY killed them while trying to restrain them!") on a lady who was found dead, strangled by her boyfriend. :psyduck:

2nd level spells
Apr 3, 2022
Of loving course it's her fault. Nothing bad happens to a woman without her provoking it. And I guess he killed himself from the horror of his whoopsie.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

They clearly think strangulation is a quick death like it often is in films and whatnot.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Not content to steal WW2 valour, boomers now move in on Forever War valour.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Off-the-grid, bushcraft, foraging, etc and others like it are pretty popular now, yeah. Wilderness survival courses are taught in a lot of places. My university has wilderness survival as a mandatory course for anyone who wants to go through their pilot license program. I took that course myself, it was a lot of fun. Someone I went to university with is going to be on the TV show 'Alone'. A lot of my friends are into it, including people in their 20s. But we live in a place where it's easy to try out and get experience.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Data Graham posted:

Just ask the Surgeon General. Just go up and salute and say, "General, ..."

The surgeon general is actually a commissioned officer in the U.S. Public Health Services and does warrant a salute from other uniformed services.

Same goes for officers of the National Oceanic and Air Administration (NOAA).

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

drat. I would have used Attorney General but it was a health question so

it is I who am owned

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
https://twitter.com/TeleTVRadio/status/1538965160471187457

It just keeps going and going. Some of these tweets aren't even describing the premise of the show, just doing a circa 2016 Fox News 2 Minutes Hate about "triggered snowflakes."

Love the framing of a "freedom of speech mob" opposing the "woke brigade." Who are they, the people who send rape threats to people who put girl cooties in videogames, or the Proud Boy mobs physically attacking Pride events?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's the telegraph, you really shouldn't expect otherwise, it's just an endless scream of old tory gits into the void.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

how does one apply to be a chonky survival expert?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Even this slur that was invented to insult them triggers them!

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Only one of those dudes could be described as "burly" imo

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
That fat guy with the beard cosplaying a badass is everyone in this state outside NOLA city limits and I hate each and every one of him and the ATV he rode in on.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I was trying to figure out if it was British or American, but they all look fat so I assume it's British (Americans are fatter, but American producers wouldn't put fat people in their reality show, it'd be skinny people from LA that aren't quite hot enough to be models). You have 60 million people, it's not that hard to find 12 out of shape ones that want to be famous and vastly overestimate their wilderness skills.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Someone please tell the Boomers that people who would get carded at the package store aren't Millenials anymore.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Data Graham posted:

Even this slur that was invented to insult them triggers them!

"Snowflake" isn't a slur, is it?

HAmbONE posted:

I want to be on that show, sounds like a challenge.

They probably deliberately picked unsuitable people. They wouldn't want anyone with significant camping, or survivalist experience. Just look at how the show is being marketed: as a way for boomers to laugh to themselves about how weak and pathetic millennials are. I remember hearing somewhere that the first few rounds of auditions for American Idol were not videotaped, but they would intentionally let some of the worst singers though the first rounds to the videotaped auditions, just so that viewers could look at them and laugh.

Nebrilos has a new favorite as of 00:50 on Jun 23, 2022

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
I want to be on that show, sounds like a challenge.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Nebrilos posted:

They probably deliberately picked unsuitable people. They wouldn't want anyone with significant camping, or survivalist experience. Just look at how the show is being marketed: as a way for boomers to laugh to themselves about how weak and pathetic millennials are. I remember hearing somewhere that the first few rounds of auditions for American Idol were not videotaped, but they would intentionally let some of the worst singers though the first rounds to the videotaped auditions, just so that viewers could look at them and laugh.

That is literally all reality television.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
What OwlFancier said. Remember how many of the Jersey Shore cast were from New Jersey? Just Sammi and Deena. Everyone else grew up in New York, except for Pauly D (who is from Rhode Island).

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Nebrilos posted:

"Snowflake" isn't a slur, is it?

They don't even have to be that unsuitable. Through the magic of editing and copious amounts of complementary alcohol you can get nearly anyone to come off as a whiny twat on television.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

CharlestheHammer posted:

simetjing has gone horribly wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Hey guys, did you know that if you take a 20 year old who has been born and raised in the city for their entire life and throw them into the harshest, most unforgiven locations on earth like the middle of the desert or the Arctic they would probably die. What a pathetic generation.