Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Lid posted:

I hadn't heard of the Candice stuff before, gently caress me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAgB4tXKJW8

Trauma bonding over their horrible genital diseases…

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

I enjoy it because I like to imagine myself as a tiny little referee in the match, the match type? Loser swallows the tiny referee whole.

My man ya can’t be writing stuff like this lmfao

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Vore My Fuc

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I had no idea that GGW thing existed. I don't remember anything about it at all.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Vince ftw

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I'm hearing reports that HHH was indeed at the performance center today but his tryout was apparently pretty lackluster, not sure he is going to get a contract

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

That DICK! posted:

I'm hearing reports that HHH was indeed at the performance center today but his tryout was apparently pretty lackluster, not sure he is going to get a contract

*shawn michaels standing over a rapidly turning purple triple h* nice snap

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

That DICK! posted:

can't do a decent forward roll

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Critical posted:

*shawn michaels standing over a rapidly turning purple triple h* nice snap

By the way big man you got a hole in your shorts.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Lid posted:

Before

Edit: https://www.wwe.com/inside/wwe-tryout-at-performance-center-sept-2014-photos#fid-26896290

See pictures of Jeff Cobb looking up to Bill DeMott

Madcap Moss in the next slide as "Digg Rawlis"

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InZhlLmVy6Y

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
This video proves that in South Texas 2003 was 1996

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Golden Bee posted:

This video proves that in South Texas 2003 was 1996

And in South Texas now is like, 1956 so that sounds like a huge improvement

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Eat Balls?

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Also, am I crazy or did they do TWO "adult" PPV shows? Neither of which actually had any nudity? I believe one of them was just a strip poker game which may or may not have been its own PPV but I swear it happened either way.

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Also, am I crazy or did they do TWO "adult" PPV shows? Neither of which actually had any nudity? I believe one of them was just a strip poker game which may or may not have been its own PPV but I swear it happened either way.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Lid posted:

They did a real good job of hiding its existence

NSFW if that wasn't already very obvious:

https://archive.org/details/girls-gone-wild-live-from-spring-break

Here's an all text recap https://web.archive.org/web/20060508213634/http://www.onlineonslaught.com/columns/skrants/20030313.shtml

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Doesn’t a lot of Girls Gone Wild footage disappear in general because of how many of the women were actually underage?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Doesn’t a lot of Girls Gone Wild footage disappear in general because of how many of the women were actually underage?

That and consent issues.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm weird, which is no surprise, but I could never get into Triple H's NXT because it always just felt like the guys and wrestling I'd already seen elsewhere but in the WWE style that felt inferior, played out, and limited. It just wasn't a product I liked even if it was a cast I was familiar with and liked.

The weirder part is probably that I'm mildly curious about current NXT? I think its just that I've watched a lot of OVW along with other "teaching feds" like Chikara, CZW, Championship Wrestling from Hollywood, Paragon Pro Wrestling, etc. I've just always enjoyed that kind of product because there's something new and interesting about it to me. I don't know most of the players so even if they're green and not very good I'm just curious to watch and find out. At least for awhile.

The problem is two hours a week is way too long for that kind of product. If it were a 1 hour show I think I could maybe kind of get into the subpar "what am I gonna get this week?" vibe but I've watched a few episodes lately and at two hours not only do the episodes drag on longer than my interest can hold but it means I get the same basic people each week so the curiosity of new wrestlers burns out quickly to "that's just not someone I'm interested in watching."

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I thought the no-stripping strip poker was a WWECW segment. I think Balls Mahoney and Kelly Kelly were involved.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, that was a random episode of ECW. A very sad combination of WWE's idea of what ECW was and Kelly Kelly's introductory gimmick of "exhibitionist who wants to strip on tv but never actually does because she has an abusive boyfriend".

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

I'm weird, which is no surprise, but I could never get into Triple H's NXT because it always just felt like the guys and wrestling I'd already seen elsewhere but in the WWE style that felt inferior, played out, and limited. It just wasn't a product I liked even if it was a cast I was familiar with and liked.

The weirder part is probably that I'm mildly curious about current NXT? I think its just that I've watched a lot of OVW along with other "teaching feds" like Chikara, CZW, Championship Wrestling from Hollywood, Paragon Pro Wrestling, etc. I've just always enjoyed that kind of product because there's something new and interesting about it to me. I don't know most of the players so even if they're green and not very good I'm just curious to watch and find out. At least for awhile.

The problem is two hours a week is way too long for that kind of product. If it were a 1 hour show I think I could maybe kind of get into the subpar "what am I gonna get this week?" vibe but I've watched a few episodes lately and at two hours not only do the episodes drag on longer than my interest can hold but it means I get the same basic people each week so the curiosity of new wrestlers burns out quickly to "that's just not someone I'm interested in watching."

I'm with you, I loved nxt until Kevin Owens showed up and it kinda started to go downhill from there. Just my already great favs pushing out the weird green wrestlers I was attached too. Two hours is too long for a low quality show too like you said its just death. It needs to be an hour or have a really good top of card IMO.

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Suplex Liberace posted:

I'm with you, I loved nxt until Kevin Owens showed up and it kinda started to go downhill from there. Just my already great favs pushing out the weird green wrestlers I was attached too. Two hours is too long for a low quality show too like you said its just death. It needs to be an hour or have a really good top of card IMO.

I still enjoyed 1.0 for a long while after. The first downturn for me was partway through Shayna's second title run, particularly when Io Shirai lost her challenge and how every match had the very green Duke and Shafir constantly run-in / play interference. From that point on, I wasn't so invested but still watched the big shows or when I had time. Moving to tv and trying to kill off the yet to debut Dynamite though, made me very cynical on the product.

Started getting back into it when Ember and Dakota were feuding, then I blink one day and suddenly it's 2.Doh!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol at Scott Keith saying people weren't attractive

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

STAC Goat posted:

NXT was at its best (& this entirely my opinion which clearly runs counter to most folks) basically up until they started taking Takeovers on the road regularly. Now the wrestling wasn't as ****¼+ worthy & there'd be stuff like Bull Dempsey squashing Mojo Rawley in 1 minute but by 2016...I don't know, there was something about it being a developmental territory that was interesting, the mix of a PAC or Sami Zayn with Baron Corbin or CJ Parker or the likes. And then it just became PWG but while the worst wrestler on a 2016 PWG show was someone like Sami Callihan, NXT has No Way Jose & Nia Jax. A developmental territory should have a mix of green wrestlers & experienced hands, which is why Adrian Neville & Sami Zayn & Samoa Joe made sense. I think I'd pinpoint Takeover Dallas is about the point NXT was done being of interest to me, Sami vs Nakamura was a nice capstone to it all. I did watch stuff afterwards but it just never gripped me in the same way, especially the weekly TV. There were still bangers at Takeovers, I remember really enjoying the first Wargames they did but it was not what I was looking forward.

Mind you, part of the problem was they'd develop characters that would get over in the building because people built up a rapport with the wrestlers & they saw Emma develop or Bo Dallas, & then they'd bring them to the main roster & just act like people watching Raw should instantly about these characters. Bo Dallas with the context of being this incredibly dumb jock who doesn't realise nobody likes hjm & is convinced he's the hero was great fun, doing that to an audience where maybe 10% (if that) had seen the context was moronic.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Emmas main roster debut was brutal to me an Emma fan. Just throw her out there with santino with no explanation as to why shes weird.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Kevin Owens coming to raw as champ and beating up John Cena was the peak of nxt. In kayfabe and in my heart

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Kevin Owens going back to stomp on Alex Riley some more was actually the peak of NXT

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

History Comes Inside! posted:

Kevin Owens going back to stomp on Alex Riley some more was actually the peak of NXT

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
the peak of NXT was when Johnny Curtis chloroformed Matt Striker.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

History Comes Inside! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCdiuNKqHIU&t=106s

he doesn't even break stride, it's fantastic

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

I like that the talent competition got star ratings

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

PUSH
RAGE

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I enjoyed super indy NXT because I had never seen a lot of those wrestlers before and they were putting on some amazing matches and the taped nature of the episodes allowed for decent pacing and plotting. Every Takeover until mid 2019 was absolutely must see.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

yes, push Silent Rage!

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Suplex Liberace posted:

Emmas main roster debut was brutal to me an Emma fan. Just throw her out there with santino with no explanation as to why shes weird.

I remember that being exceedingly awkward. She sat at the announce desk and was really nervous, you could hear it in her voice. Then Cole asked her to tell the folks at home about herself and she couldn't because "dances to the ring like elaine from Seinfeld" isn't really a character.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Mr. NXT Bo Dallas was my high point, getting carried out of Full Sail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I remember that being exceedingly awkward. She sat at the announce desk and was really nervous, you could hear it in her voice. Then Cole asked her to tell the folks at home about herself and she couldn't because "dances to the ring like elaine from Seinfeld" isn't really a character.

I feel like a lot of roughness from the women's end at that time also came from pushing 20-25-year olds to perform and stand out alongside 10-15 year vets like Kevin Steen & Sami. A lot of them could have spent another decade in developmental and still had most of their careers in front of them.