Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
It's wild that Joker is the most profitable comic book movie of all time. Box office of a billion with a budget of 65 (or 130 if u buy into the double the reported budget rule of thumb)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
The Daily Jon Show

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Joker spoke for hundreds of millions

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
the joker 2 where he dances down an even longer staircase

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Casey Finnigan posted:

the joker 2 where he dances down an even longer staircase

i'll be there day one, hooting and hollering

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

MacheteZombie posted:

It's wild that Joker is the most profitable comic book movie of all time. Box office of a billion with a budget of 65 (or 130 if u buy into the double the reported budget rule of thumb)

Really it was barely a comic book movie, it was basically Taxi Driver

The only real connections to Batman were "when I go out there, call me the Joker" and the rear end in a top hat politician being namedropped as Bruce Wayne's dad

so, basically, this is proof that that Marvel blogger who said they should make non-superhero MCU movies was right all along

or maybe people just love the joker that much

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

the big dance scene thats the climax of Joker 2 is on an elevator this time because test audiences favorite part of the first dancing scene was the change in elevation and they gotta keep raising the stakes in the sequels, also theres three jokers now and theyre in love and they kiss

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

i'll be there day one, hooting and hollering

hooting and hollering intensifies as he descends each successive stair

by the end, the entire theater is on their feet in a joyous ovation like the ones at Cannes that last 20 minutes, openly weeping

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

DoombatINC posted:

the big dance scene thats the climax of Joker 2 is on an elevator this time because test audiences favorite part of the first dancing scene was the change in elevation and they gotta keep raising the stakes in the sequels, also theres three jokers now and theyre in love and they kiss

Just fukken dances on the great wall of china.
Da Joker gonna world wide baby!

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Nonsense posted:

punish actors who get fake jawlines work done

it's the HGH from the "you mush become a wall of muscle in the 8 weeks before filming" routines

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
We will find out if people love the real Joker once Gregg Turkington's masterpiece, Deck of Cards comes out

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

I remember when he started crying during the last table read about how all the other actors are his best friends and this was the greatest experience of his life while everyone else around was :yikes:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

me reading this post and watching the Re:View of Who Framed Roger Rabbit? that just dropped: we used to build poo poo in this country, make poo poo...

Corridor Crew on youtube does a great job of breaking down mostly modern VFX shots, but they'll occasionally look at older stuff (with the original artists!) and have their minds blown by matte paintings and miniatures. They look at Total Recall in this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKt18K_Sy0I

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

looking forward to gamemasterkit's birthday

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

God Hole posted:

lmao apparently Kit Harington is the creator and executive producer of the Jon Snow Show

no way will this suck

although it can't be worse than season 8 of GoT

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

I wonder if his contract says anything about ghost

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

what is Jon Snow's job now

there are no more Others. Like three-quarters of the Wildlings are dead and a bunch of the survivors have immigrated. He has basically retired. What are they gonna do with that

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011

Xaris posted:

s3 of witcher is going to be the last one, unquestionably, and it is getting axed. it lost it';s social media pizzaz, its too expensive compared to reality tv shows and comedy specials, netflix is hemorrhaging badly, and they never make anything past s3 (most dont make it past 2)

i watched the new season of stranger things and it looked insanely expensive. the actors have all become a lot more famous, there's shitloads of extras, and the number of sets was huuuuuge. filming this during the pandemic must've been a pretty penny

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

loquacius posted:

there are no more Others. Like three-quarters of the Wildlings are dead and a bunch of the survivors have immigrated. He has basically retired. What are they gonna do with that

It's gunna be like downton abbey but in got

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

loquacius posted:

The wildlings got screwed out of living within the wall, being betrayed after helping fight the whitewalkers, so now jon snow leads a peasant revolt and liberates westeros

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

loquacius posted:

Slice of life sitcom about Jon raising 3 wildling daughters at Castle Black

e: the only throughline with the original line is him saying "I didn't ask for this, I don't want it"

Pepe Silvia Browne has issued a correction as of 21:30 on Jun 23, 2022

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

they should just start animating got spin-offs. leave one live action version because people insist to see woopy

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

loquacius posted:

Cross post from Doomsday economics.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Cross post from Doomsday economics.

project runway but its jon snow critiquing the various crow feather based wardrobes the boys at the wall come up with and executing the losers

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

my fair lady remake with a wildling

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Justin Tyme posted:

The wildlings got screwed out of living within the wall, being betrayed after helping fight the whitewalkers, so now jon snow leads a peasant revolt and liberates westeros

but his magic brothercousin is the king now (at least until he dies heirless because his dick don't work)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

that made me realize that yet another way King Bran was the dumbest possible ending is there's just gonna be another loving succession crisis when he dies without heirs, literally thousands of deaths are inevitable because they crowned a kid whose dick don't work

this would, of course, have happened under Queen Daenerys too, since she is infertile due to a gypsy curse or something from season 1

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Now I want to peek into the universe that got the ending where Daenerys swoops in, saves the day, and installs a bourgeois liberal democracy

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

white walkers should have won!

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

spacemang_spliff posted:

this ezra miller thing is a typically zany Wakko plot to be freed

just thinking the other day about how drat weird it is that hulu got the animaniacs reboot somehow despite warner brothers owning nearly everything else

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

guy who learned from reddit halfway through filming season 3 that he needs to close his mouth when it's not his turn to say a line: "guys i have a great idea for a tv show"

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

in the snow show all the white walkers will have russian accents

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

loquacius posted:

that made me realize that yet another way King Bran was the dumbest possible ending is there's just gonna be another loving succession crisis when he dies without heirs, literally thousands of deaths are inevitable because they crowned a kid whose dick don't work
Isn't he a semi-immortal super spy wizard with mind control powers? I'm pretty sure that combination should make up for a succession crises a couple of centuries later, in terms of stability. I mean, that's how he got the job in the first place.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Just fukken dances on the great wall of china.
Da Joker gonna world wide baby!

preview of joker 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlfKdbWwruY

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Aglet56 posted:

i watched the new season of stranger things and it looked insanely expensive. the actors have all become a lot more famous, there's shitloads of extras, and the number of sets was huuuuuge. filming this during the pandemic must've been a pretty penny
yea it's really their only flagship show so they went heavy into it, but htey went heavy into it while "netflix is boomer" with perpetual capital growth. i don't think they're going to be doing that anymore, and after it ends (soon?) they're probably just goign to keep tripling down on comedy specials and reality tv. after all, why shouldn't they? everyone always says "oh yea i just use netflix for background noise when cleaning/cooking/takin care of the kids/study" anyways and it's the perfect background noise that you have to spend close to $0 to make

and anyways witcher is definitely far from a flagship show, it had some social mediation sensation for the first season but second season hit like a turd in an ocean.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Xaris posted:

hit like a turd in an ocean.

really satisfying?

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Justin Tyme posted:

Oh it definitely is super racist with poo poo like the monkey brain meal but its also most criticised in general, and not liking it because it isn't about nazis and christianity can be construed as racist from a certain point of view. A sort of mix between "the production and presentation is racist" as well as "the public reception is racist"
my grandfather, who loved movies more than anyone I've known, refused to watch it because of the child slaves

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Grey Fox posted:

my grandfather, who loved movies more than anyone I've known, refused to watch it because of the child slaves

that's why i found roots so offensive

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
witcher season 2 was still good but definitely a step down from s1. way less time spent with geralt doing witcher poo poo and way more time on elaborate political machinations which can't possibly begin to pay off given only 8 episodes per season.

i will say ciri's story has been good and her actor has grown into the role quite well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
yea i didnt mean to imply it was bad, just it wasn't as good and more importantly the one thing netflix cares about is all the social media buzz sensational huffpo-buzzfeed-vice-vox media cycles of hype and s2 definitely just went "plunk" as soon as it came out

pretty sure its getting a 3rd anyways but they greenlit it at a time when they were "booming" and now they're busting so it's definitely the last they're making of it regardless of quality