Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

fknlo posted:

I am shocked! This was obviously going to happen as soon as the draft leaked.

Yeah. Every loving moron who was all “I only voted right wing for the SCOTUS, I’m a decent person,” is such a liar or moron or both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The government going full right wing is what will eventually drive me to be living in an RV on a mining claim with large bore revolvers and sasquatch. Just smoking weed, panning for gold, and talking optimistically to the trees about a world post-nuclear apocalypse.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Pine Cone Jones posted:

Oh look it's just what I expected, I can't wait for my marriage to be annulled and sodomy laws to be put back into place.

Yeah, but you can maybe concealed carry a gun now, so just use that to get insurance protection, hospital visitation rights, parenting rights, bing bong it’s balanced! haha…

Sorry I shouldn’t even be sarcastic about this people suck and are very stupid

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ASAPI posted:

So how spicy is this weekend going to get?

People are going to absolutely lose their collective poo poo, on both sides. How bad is this going to get?

I’m looking for someone to knock over RBG‘s head stone and take a giant poo poo on her grave. I mean if we’re going full crazy let’s toss everything in. lol

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

The government going full right wing is what will eventually drive me to be living in an RV on a mining claim with large bore revolvers and sasquatch. Just smoking weed, panning for gold, and talking optimistically to the trees about a world post-nuclear apocalypse.

Forget the SA island, let's just speed run creating our own Goodsprings. Goonsprings.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

gently caress you for making me depressed about my own life choices. :bang:

J/k

But seriously that’s cool as loving poo poo. Modern day pot smoking Jeremiah Johnson is awesome. Just keep an eye out for John Milius popping up and just make sure you have a bunch of weed and guns for him.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Once again, the political right won. This isn't slowing down, it's not going away. Being in a blue state isn't going to stop any of this in the long run either.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Discussion Quorum posted:

Forget the SA island, let's just speed run creating our own Goodsprings. Goonsprings.

When I start scouting for a claim, I'll make note of the availability of claims around me.

Thankfully the recession is about to murder RV prices, so I should be able to get a 30 footer next summer for cheap.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I’ll take this aged well for 200!

https://twitter.com/davidsirota/status/1540170828075061248?s=21&t=JCgFssa78Dkw8qLLc8Si7g

Yes obviously it’s the fault of the Republicans…but oh no RBG, you’re not coming out of this smelling like roses. You literally tanked the loving country for Hillary Clinton. What type of sociopath would ever do that? Even history‘s greatest monster Jimmy Carter wouldn’t.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

So how long until they strike down interracial and gay marriage?

"they'll never do that!"

An actual thing halfwits believe

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Marshal Prolapse posted:

I’m looking for someone to knock over RBG‘s head stone and take a giant poo poo on her grave. I mean if we’re going full crazy let’s toss everything in. lol

It'd still be 5-4 though right

lol this is end game poo poo

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Remember this is what the nazis qualify as the "leftist media" in this country

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Milo and POTUS posted:

"they'll never do that!"

An actual thing halfwits believe

Yeah, there really isn't much to be said about actually believing the reasoning because it's just a power thing. If the current SC majority decides that it doesn't want any more gay marriage, they will just ban it and hurf blurf out the reasoning in a 6-3 with Roberts simply saying "well I wouldn't have gone THAT far"

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Years ago I remember arguing with someone about SCOTUS decisions, specifically Obergefell.

They thought I was insane for taking the stance that things like same sex marriage should be legislated or raised as constitutional amendments, not decided by SCOTUS or Executive Order. I was told my stance was akin to allowing torture and I supported removing basic human rights. My counter argument was along the lines of, "let's do this right so it isn't easily undone by some nut jobs."

I hate that I was right about this.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Should have Garland on the bench as well. McConnell made the play of the century by withholding that vote

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/Ugarles/status/1540340584631746563?t=GieyK8sr_A2Gz9xZeAQ5IQ&s=19

:yeah:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Lol pelosi.

"Womens reproductive rights are on the ballot this november."

Just going to keep milking for contributions "oh pretty please won't you give us money to do nothing?"

This has been planned since Reagan. The time to solidify reproductive rights as an amendment was when Roe became doctrine, not right after its' own judicial abortion.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
:circlefap: :circlefap: :circlefap:

- The Democratic Party thinking about how much money they're going to fundraise off of this while still doing absolutely nothing about it.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Milo and POTUS posted:

Yeah but you’d also see a poo poo load more of that Roberts sort of switching to the middle to avoid bullshit. I also kind of doubt they would’ve even taken the gun case.

So yeah congratulations on your legacy RBG, you’ve invalidated anything good you might’ve done in your past and your life.

Also LOL you did it for loving Hillary. I just can’t get over it. I guess mayor Pete would’ve been even funnier… but Hillary is the original loving lizard robot.

Also her nurturing that stupid RBG cult, just made her even more willing to huff Grade A bullshit.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

ASAPI posted:

I hate that I was right about this.

Don't beat yourself up too much about it. Legislative bodies are reactive, not proactive.

Like I would've never in a million years seen this come out:

https://twitter.com/burgessev/status/1540350035724050432

Note: he is an idiot

https://twitter.com/igorbobic/status/1540350216099880960

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Lol pelosi.

Just going to keep milking for contributions "oh pretty please won't you give us money to do nothing?"

This has been planned since Reagan. The time to solidify reproductive rights as an amendment was when Roe became doctrine, not right after its' own judicial abortion.

loving ghouls. It's June. Do something with your majority now or your party's going to be obliterated in November.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

When I start scouting for a claim, I'll make note of the availability of claims around me.

Thankfully the recession is about to murder RV prices, so I should be able to get a 30 footer next summer for cheap.

What is this "Claim" you speak of? The state has no power here, the only claim is that of freedom and strength of arm.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
liberals and the entire world of legal scholarship spent 40 years earnestly debating the merits of conservative "jurisprudence" and taking their arguments at face value, never once considering that it was all a giant lie and that the only thing that ever matters is the exercise of power. even to this very day theres 10s of millions smoothbrained centrists who just can't understand how this happened and its likely they never will. what passes for liberal "victories" in the last 50 years are getting annihilated and there is no going back.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Tiny Timbs posted:

loving ghouls. It's June. Do something with your majority now or your party's going to be obliterated in November.

They aren't going to do anything except fundraise harder than they've ever fundraised before and begging you to vote them back in so they can "do something" when they've done absolutely nothing while controlling all 3 branches of government.

They are not going to do anything about it. They do not want to do anything about it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Lol pelosi.

I mean if god forbid one of her grandchildren needed one she'd just fly them out of country for a "vacation". She's operating under the understanding that these laws won't apply to her. Which they don't, of course. But they will, and soon from the looks of it

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/danprimack/status/1540343830716846080?s=21&t=AosNb5HTVvoG_ekGRK0UKA

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

fknlo posted:

:circlefap: :circlefap: :circlefap:

- The Democratic Party thinking about how much money they're going to fundraise off of this while still doing absolutely nothing about it.

No, that's coming when women's rights groups turn to the DNC and ask "so what's your plan" and get ":shrug: we never thought they'd actually, like, DO it, you know. But giving us money is still a plan, right?"

"Also, don't you worry, there are LEGIONS of secretly pro-choice women in red states and they'll vote our way come November. Probably. We can't really say for sure. Again, we've really been busy fundraising."

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Milo and POTUS posted:

I mean if god forbid one of her grandchildren needed one she'd just fly them out of country for a "vacation". She's operating under the understanding that these laws won't apply to her. Which they don't, of course. But they will, and soon from the looks of it

I mean she’s from California. I doubt under any circumstances, besides a federal law making it illegal, will it ever change there.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

M_Gargantua posted:

What is this "Claim" you speak of? The state has no power here, the only claim is that of freedom and strength of arm.

There will be a hole dug for these instances. Who fills it will be left to chance.

Still debating between Redhawk and Super Redhawk.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Marshal Prolapse posted:

I mean she’s from California. I doubt under any circumstances, besides a federal law making it illegal, will it ever change there.

Until the Supreme Court decides that it's alright for Texas to sue California because someone from Texas flew there for an abortion.

Being in a blue state is not going to protect people from this. It's literally only a matter of time.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

There will be a hole dug for these instances. Who fills it will be left to chance.

Still debating between Redhawk and Super Redhawk.

SUPER REDHAWK!

https://ruger.com/products/superRedhawkAlaskan/models.html

Why let Qanon Squatch see you coming?

Also you’re living the goddamn dream and I am jealous. :)

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

fknlo posted:

Until the Supreme Court decides that it's alright for Texas to sue California because someone from Texas flew there for an abortion.

Being in a blue state is not going to protect people from this. It's literally only a matter of time.

Yeah this is the key part of the dissent, we're basically not depending on Supreme Court "Scout's honor!" until the first Arkansas lawsuit challenging California because someone raped crossed state lines to get an abortion/abortion pills in California.

Anyways:

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1540343019966185472

Old argument from The Expanse writer(s): If nothing truly matters, then every little thing we do for/with each other takes on outsized importance.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

ASAPI posted:

So how spicy is this weekend going to get?

People are going to absolutely lose their collective poo poo, on both sides. How bad is this going to get?

Not spicy, Liberals are incapable of spice. Its vanilla ice-cream all the way down.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

facialimpediment posted:

Yeah this is the key part of the dissent, we're basically not depending on Supreme Court "Scout's honor!" until the first Arkansas lawsuit challenging California because someone raped crossed state lines to get an abortion/abortion pills in California.

Anyways:

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1540343019966185472

Old argument from The Expanse writer(s): If nothing truly matters, then every little thing we do for/with each other takes on outsized importance.

Somebody preparing a very very important….fundraising call.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Marshal Prolapse posted:

SUPER REDHAWK!

https://ruger.com/products/superRedhawkAlaskan/models.html

Why let Qanon Squatch see you coming?

Also you’re living the goddamn dream and I am jealous. :)

I respect my wrist too much to use a snubbie. Give me the telephone pole 9.5" inch I can scope. The 4" Rossi .357 is small enough to buy some surprise time, if it doesn't blow up. Don't buy brazilian guns.

The RV is next summer at the earliest. The Redhawk decision will come down sometime this summer.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Well this was just awesome news to wake up to.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

M_Gargantua posted:

Not spicy, Liberals are incapable of spice. Its vanilla ice-cream all the way down.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Somebody preparing a very very important….fundraising call.

AOC at least is one of the few people who seem to be doing things, rather than just fundraising. Will time reveal that that is merely a front for a bigger grift? I don't think so but its always a possibility.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Marshal Prolapse posted:

besides a federal law making it illega

Also, this is gonna happen soon enough when the Republicans kill the filibuster when they've decided that they have a solid enough grip on the reins of power. You know, since they actually get things accomplished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/adjectivenouns/status/1346554690364964865?s=21&t=D6t4JVL-k9GIE_gBMF6gkQ

Notorious POS