Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Fabricated posted:

Nah. The guy you know won't go down without some sort of spiteful "gently caress you" move (especially when the spite is part of their character) is actually a form of interesting tension because most big shonen bad guys don't go down when they eat a presumably fatal attack anyway

This is cooler than say the last two main big bags of Black Clover who took like five loving standard battle shonen climaxes to kill.

As opposed to the....3rd one AfO is on.

And if the spiteful nature was the whole deal I'd agree but the entire rest of his character is just to God mod so even that tension isn't interesting because how we get to it is gonna be tensionless and boring.

It's like giving the two C Listers a big moment this fight isn't really a thing because we know it's not going to matter to AfO and it's only working because of another bullshit plot contrivance so they're not even getting to have a moment anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
All for One does not need another chapter

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

In the page where Endeavor is thinking about Shoto, is that one panel of the UA kids as adults? Shoto has slightly different hair there, looks like it's close-cropped now, and everyone's frames look bigger and more built out.

Also, who's the person with the edgy punk dress? I think it's probably Kirishima, but I don't recall the white fringe on his half-cape.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It would be funny if AFO is on his way to grab Eri and try to restore himself to full power and gets unceremoniously ganked by Deku because they just happened to cross paths in flight.

The last page is probably something else though.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Fabricated posted:

Nah. The guy you know won't go down without some sort of spiteful "gently caress you" move (especially when the spite is part of their character) is actually a form of interesting tension because most big shonen bad guys don't go down when they eat a presumably fatal attack anyway

This is cooler than say the last two main big bags of Black Clover who took like five loving standard battle shonen climaxes to kill.

this is kinda like saying the ending of naruto was better written than the ending of bleach. like it's true but I wouldn't call it an accomplishment

tho tbf this turn of events isn't really that surprising

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
the storys kinda bad but i wont lie the action is fully sick

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i only dont like it when i can't tell whats going on but i've been mostly keeping up lately

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

CharlestonJew posted:

Is he planning on using Eri to re-wind his body to before he got all hosed up by All Might? Otherwise I'm not quite sure why they included that shot there. Also no idea how he plans to execute that plan seeing as he's now a lump of coal

Sindai posted:

It would be funny if AFO is on his way to grab Eri and try to restore himself to full power and gets unceremoniously ganked by Deku because they just happened to cross paths in flight.

The last page is probably something else though.

The objects floating around Eri are bullets

Although it'd be funny if they did somehow manage to add Eri's rewind power to them as well

Because at this point, why the hell not

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

SKULL.GIF posted:

In the page where Endeavor is thinking about Shoto, is that one panel of the UA kids as adults? Shoto has slightly different hair there, looks like it's close-cropped now, and everyone's frames look bigger and more built out.

Also, who's the person with the edgy punk dress? I think it's probably Kirishima, but I don't recall the white fringe on his half-cape.

That's exactly what it is. The costumes are a bit different for most of them. Deku has a full cape (with grand Torino's as a part of it). Bakugo's costume is a good bit different with the gauntlets lookin like #2's and the lil fuse gewgaws holding his smaller mask to his face. Iida's looks more...techy. Uraraka's looks fairly similar to her current one, because but maybe bigger boots? Momo, poor thing, now had MORE skin exposed at her back lol

And yes the cape guy is Kirishima. I'm kind of living for the whole fabulous edgelord look for him.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
This is like Majin Buu in Dragon Ball, where the guy just refuses to die until the writer is like "Okay, I've dragged this out long enough."

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

This is like Majin Buu in Dragon Ball, where the guy just refuses to die until the writer is like "Okay, I've dragged this out long enough."

I was just thinking "okay, if it's the only thing the author can think of, it's time for Goku to go ahead and come finish this"

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Actually get Goku in here to finish this, not like he's fighting anyone interesting in his own manga.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I burst out laughing at Endeavor's heat vision

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jun 24, 2022

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

cool kids inc. posted:

That's exactly what it is. The costumes are a bit different for most of them. Deku has a full cape (with grand Torino's as a part of it). Bakugo's costume is a good bit different with the gauntlets lookin like #2's and the lil fuse gewgaws holding his smaller mask to his face. Iida's looks more...techy. Uraraka's looks fairly similar to her current one, because but maybe bigger boots? Momo, poor thing, now had MORE skin exposed at her back lol

And yes the cape guy is Kirishima. I'm kind of living for the whole fabulous edgelord look for him.

I love the idea that in the middle of fighting the most powerful villain ever, with his guts out and one hand ripped off Endeavor starts designing costumes in his head for his sons schoolmates. Just switches on a dime from "gently caress you AFO!" to "Hmm, I think Deku's cape should be longer...".

Also that they're actually good. At least he still has a career to look forward to after this!

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jun 24, 2022

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Also, I just watched today's episode of The Boys (306) and lol at the same maneuver happening in both this chapter and that episode.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
My guess is dude prepared some kind of wide-scale quirk-erasing trap, that would only go off in case of his death to avoid the risk of the trap backfiring.
It's just the kind of spiteful move he'd do.

Anshu
Jan 9, 2019

Interesting, my interpretation was that the Doctor had used the bullets to reverse-engineer Eri's quirk, and that AfO is now using it to rewind himself.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Anshu posted:

Interesting, my interpretation was that the Doctor had used the bullets to reverse-engineer Eri's quirk, and that AfO is now using it to rewind himself.

This is my theory as well. He's risking death by doing so cause he could kill himself by rewinding.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

This is my theory as well. He's risking death by doing so cause he could kill himself by rewinding.

That would explain why he suddenly has an eye again.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

AFO using a bullet to unlock his latent abilities in order to cause https://youtu.be/6jFaoLrLzd4

I’ve loved this manga but I’m at the point where I want to see this wrapped up as quickly as possible

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Anshu posted:

Yep, this matches up. The only thing is that it's pretty BS that he didn't have to stockpile the power like Eri does and he doesn't have a horn.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Anshu posted:

It's this. In the last panel he has an ear that he definitely didn't have before getting roasted by Endeavor.

Also totally called the parallel to the fight where All Might sustained his major injuries.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Carlosologist posted:

AFO using a bullet to unlock his latent abilities in order to cause https://youtu.be/6jFaoLrLzd4

I’ve loved this manga but I’m at the point where I want to see this wrapped up as quickly as possible

cancel manga, bring back Vigilantes

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

hiddenriverninja posted:

cancel manga, bring back Vigilantes

Cancel manga, animate Vigilantes

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Man it is so much harder to deal with how boring MHA is without Vigilantes reminding me of the good parts.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Anshu posted:

lol this would be beyond annoying

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

It would be funny if he did get Rewind, but it just ends up backfiring completely. Like, he somehow rewinds too far and somehow erases all the quirks he's stolen so he just has AfO and nothing else. Or like, he accidentally heals Endeavor completely in the process.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Vinylshadow posted:

Cancel manga, animate Vigilantes

por qué no Los dos?

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
It's pretty depressing to remember how strong MHA started off now that it's a worthless trainwreck

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

This chapter was fine, people are becoming hyperbolic.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

SKULL.GIF posted:

This chapter was fine, people are becoming hyperbolic.

Becoming? It isn't a media thread on something awful unless at least three people are declaring it the WORST ( while still reading/watching/playing every release).

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

it's not the worst it's just not very good

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I'm enjoying it really. Things are happening, it looks cool, I actually was more interested in AFO vs everyone than Shigaraki tbh. Horikoshi's art continues to be utterly destroyed by speedscans. All is normal in the world.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

grieving for Gandalf posted:

it's not the worst it's just not very good

Yeah it's enormously far from the worst. It's just not great.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

My Hero Academia is good and I enjoy reading it. I hope the anime can be good again one day.

Rhonne posted:

It would be funny if he did get Rewind, but it just ends up backfiring completely. Like, he somehow rewinds too far and somehow erases all the quirks he's stolen so he just has AfO and nothing else. Or like, he accidentally heals Endeavor completely in the process.

It would be the absolute best ending to this fight if this happened without it being apparent, he gloats about being fully revived and goes for the finishing blow and then just weakly slaps Endeavor in the face.

The next best thing is if trying to rewind to before he got the rewind quirk causes him to just blink out of existence due to a paradox.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Flesnolk posted:

It's pretty depressing to remember how strong MHA started off now that it's a worthless trainwreck

I am still enjoying this. You are being too hyperbolic.

Like I am enjoying this encounter. My issue is that I feel it came faster than it should have.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
It's kinda hilarious that we're at the end of the manga and we're still cutting away from Bakugo's fights. Truly he was the biggest extra of them all.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Fabricated posted:

I'm enjoying it really. Things are happening, it looks cool, I actually was more interested in AFO vs everyone than Shigaraki tbh. Horikoshi's art continues to be utterly destroyed by speedscans. All is normal in the world.

I enjoyed this chapter, I wanna see rewound-to-his-prime All for One be absolutely unstoppable with crazy quirk combinations and poo poo. Especially if Deku is near enough to get involved. I don't think this series has ever truly lived up to the idea of this nearly immortal dude with hundreds of quirks, and that really feels like what's about to happen. I've always kind of wanted to see his first fight with All Might.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
They should have just made a manga that's just about All Might, he's the most interesting part of the narrative

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Shere posted:

I enjoyed this chapter, I wanna see rewound-to-his-prime All for One be absolutely unstoppable with crazy quirk combinations and poo poo. Especially if Deku is near enough to get involved. I don't think this series has ever truly lived up to the idea of this nearly immortal dude with hundreds of quirks, and that really feels like what's about to happen. I've always kind of wanted to see his first fight with All Might.
What happens with AFO is interesting to me because this is still a shonen series and it will follow most of the writing conventions to the letter. AFO likely won't unceremoniously be beaten without any sort of resolution between him and All Might, or Shigaraki, or his brother, or Deku even if they haven't interacted much. So what happens? Does he die and become the evil force ghost for Shigaraki vs Deku's good force ghost? Does he finally destroy himself in a fight with Endeavor with a big final act of hubris? (Doubting this now since he openly acknowledges his body was becoming of little use, and he says what he's doing is risky)

He also almost certainly won't fully just asspull himself back to 100% and full party wipe everyone there. I'm at about 100% certainty now the kids are all safe. So something has to happen where he just stops existing, or leaves this area of the battle. The heroes have the upper hand pretty solidly still IMO so we haven't hit the real "All is Lost" moment yet where people start going down or one of the fronts of the battle is lost or something like that. Like that is GOING to happen- the fight has to turn against the heroes at some point in a real dire way or this really WILL be boring.