Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

i know it's been pointed out a billion times but i love how much this caricature of how silly fundamentalist christians are is now just entirely the author's mouthpiece. yes, the man is right, you should all feel shame for going against the word of god! i am an edgy comic strip artist

also Ishida seems to be posting all his comics in colour now on terf twitter ripoff spinster but not on the main site for some reason. bigotry now comes in all the colours of the rainbow! at least literally

Angepain fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Jun 26, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

We marked Pride in the kindergarten where I worked. gently caress you Tatsuya.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"Infamy! Infamy! Carry on Boris – The prime minister channels his inner Julius Caesar. But the knives are out…"

Sunday Telegraph:

Boris Johnson looks to stay PM ‘until mid-2030s’ despite calls to resign

Matt:

Sunday Times:

American women lose abortion rights after 50 years

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Somfin posted:

Y'all know that tu quoque works both ways right

Love to see people get super defensive whenever one of those dirty foreigners criticizes us.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

The Statue of Liberty, known for her hatred of rights.

Imagining a chunk of anti-abortion people who are childless because they thought Roe outlawed children.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

If something is legal, that means you have to do it. If you can have abortions, you have to. If you can smoke weed, you have to. If you can drive a hummer, you have to. And so on.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Why yes. Sex and gender are two different things. That are both complicated.
This one stands out in particular, because it's the literal opposite of his comics from like... twenty years ago.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

BonHair posted:

If something is legal, that means you have to do it. If you can have abortions, you have to. If you can smoke weed, you have to. If you can drive a hummer, you have to. And so on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFIoij2uNW4

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I always knew the "except in cases of rape or incest" was said between gritted teeth, but drat it took less than a day for chuds to fully unfurl the RAPE IS BACK ON THE MENU banner

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Sinfest is really going hard on "having to see gay people is worse than literally being in hell".
So you admit misgendering someone on purpose is a weapon intended solely to cause harm.
Everyone knew this, especially the people doing it, but usually they don't just admit to it. At the very least they'll say it's because shame will help them somehow, like how they pretend they only call fat people horrible names because they want them to be healthy.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Also the tagline there. Eat poo poo Ishida. Just stonetoss with worse continuity at this point.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Vib Rib posted:

Sinfest is really going hard on "having to see gay people is worse than literally being in hell".

So you admit misgendering someone on purpose is a weapon intended solely to cause harm.
Everyone knew this, especially the people doing it, but usually they don't just admit to it. At the very least they'll say it's because shame will help them somehow, like how they pretend they only call fat people horrible names because they want them to be healthy.

Definitely one of those "accidentally on purpose telling on yourself" moments.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Here’s an edit from the Sinfest Reddit as a cleanser

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Oh yeah! Do we got any recent edits from that reddit place that makes fun of sinfest?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
Pettyfest

And an actual old Sinfest from 2012:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Alhazred posted:

A man attacked a a gay bar in Norway killing two people and injured 16. gently caress you Tatsuya.

Subdued by unarmed civilians before the cops got there, also. gently caress homophobes.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Pants Donkey posted:

Imagining a chunk of anti-abortion people who are childless because they thought Roe outlawed children.

Most women who get an abortion already have a child:

https://givingcompass.org/article/the-demographic-breakdown-of-women-who-are-getting-abortions

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Somfin posted:

Y'all know that tu quoque works both ways right

It's just like you to say that

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Hell is furries, a flying baby man, dildo guns, and...an eggplant, apparently.

Ishida suddenly deciding to let the world know he's terrified of furries is hilarious to me and I don't actually know why. Maybe someone told him that furry communities tend to be incredibly LGBTQ friendly (in large part because a huge number of furries are themselves part of said community). Maybe he'd somehow never heard of furries until that one old fart of a politician told folks that schools let children use litter boxes. Maybe I'm just imagining him going to Disneyland and fleeing in horror from Winnie the Pooh.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Being raised in a culture of shame about sex and sexuality and masculinity and reflexively lashing out against people who are trying to do anything about reversing that, I guess.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Uncropped imgur image on account of not being able to find the original comic before I go to sleep:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Xander77 posted:

Uncropped imgur image on account of not being able to find the original comic before I go to sleep:

Nomination: gaslighter special.

quote:

This a sad day for the country, in my view, but it doesn’t mean the fight is over.

Let me be very clear and unambiguous: The only way we can secure a woman’s right to choose and the balance that existed is for Congress to restore the protections of Roe v. Wade as federal law.

No executive action from the President can do that. And if Congress, as it appears, lacks the vote — votes to do that now, voters need to make their voices heard.

This fall, we must elect more senators and representatives who will codify a woman’s right to choose into federal law once again, elect more state leaders to protect this right at the local level.

We need to restore the protections of Roe as law of the land. We need to elect officials who will do that.

This fall, Roe is on the ballot. Personal freedoms are on the ballot. The right to privacy, liberty, equality, they’re all on the ballot.

Until then, I will do all in my power to protect a woman’s right in states where they will face the consequences of today’s decision.

While the Court’s decision casts a dark shadow over a large swath of the land, many states in this country still recognize a woman’s right to choose.

So if a woman lives in a state that restricts abortion, the Supreme Court’s decision does not prevent her from traveling from her home state to the state that allows it. It does not prevent a doctor in that state — in that state from treating her.

As the Attorney General has made clear, women must remain free to travel safely to another state to seek the care they need. And my administration will defend that bedrock right.

If any state or local official, high or low, tries to interfere with a woman’s ex- — exercising her basic right to travel, I will do everything in my power to fight that deeply un-American attack.

My administration will also protect a woman’s access to medications that are approved by the Food and Drug Administration — the FDA — like contraception, which is essential for preventative healthcare; mifepristone, which the FDA approved 20 years ago to safely end early pregnancies and is commonly used to treat miscarriages.

Some states are saying that they’ll try to ban or severely restrict access to these medications.

But extremist governors and state legislators who are looking to block the mail or search a person’s medicine cabinet or control a woman’s actions by tracking data on her apps she uses are wrong and extreme and out of touch with the majority of Americans.

The American Medical Association and the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists wrote to me and Vice President Harris stressing that these laws are not based on — are not based on evidence and asking us to act to protect access to care. They say by limiting access to these medicines, maternal mortality will climb in America. That’s what they say.

Today, I’m directing the Department of Health and Human Services to take steps to ensure that these critical medications are available to the fullest extent possible and that politicians cannot interfere in the decisions that should be made between a woman and her doctor. And my administration will remain vigilant as the implications of this decision play out.

I’ve warned about how this decision risks the broader right to privacy for everyone. That’s because Roe recognized the fundamental right to privacy that has served as the basis for so many more rights that we have come to take — we’ve come to take for granted that are ingrained in the fabric of this country: the right to make the best decisions for your health; the right to use birth control — a married couple — in the privacy of their bedroom, for God’s sake; the right to marry the person you love.

Now, Justice Thomas said as much today. He explicitly called to reconsider the right of marriage equality, the right of couples to make their choices on contraception. This is an extreme and dangerous path the Court is now taking us on.

Let me close with two points.

First, I call on everyone, no matter how deeply they care about this decision, to keep all protests peaceful. Peaceful, peaceful, peaceful. No intimidation. Violence is never acceptable. Threats and intimidation are not speech. We must stand against violence in any form regardless of your rationale.

Second, I know so many of us are frustrated and disillusioned that the Court has taken something away that’s so fundamental. I know so many women are now going to face incredibly difficult situations. I hear you. I support you. I stand with you.

The consequences and the consensus of the American people — core principles of equality, liberty, dignity, and the stability of the rule of law — demand that Roe should not have been overturned.

With this decision, the conservative majority of the Supreme Court shows how extreme it is, how far removed they are from the majority of this country. They have made the United States an outlier among developed nations in the world. But this decision must not be the final word.

My administration will use all of its appropriate lawful powers. But Congress must act. And with your vote, you can act. You can have the final word. This is not over.

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

kartikeya posted:

Ishida suddenly deciding to let the world know he's terrified of furries is hilarious to me and I don't actually know why. Maybe someone told him that furry communities tend to be incredibly LGBTQ friendly (in large part because a huge number of furries are themselves part of said community). Maybe he'd somehow never heard of furries until that one old fart of a politician told folks that schools let children use litter boxes. Maybe I'm just imagining him going to Disneyland and fleeing in horror from Winnie the Pooh.

The thing about Sinfest is, despite the fact Ishida loves to pretend he's dropping hard truths, it's really just long whiney temper tantrum being thrown by a middle aged man upset he hasn't been crowned king of the feminists.

And like you said, there is a pretty big community of openly LGBTQ leftist furries out there, so he probably has been dunked on repeatedly by people with sassy sparkle dog avatars, and this is him lashing out.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

That's a whole lot of words when the comic conveyed the same message. Show, don't tell.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Downes:

Herbert:

Knight:

Broelman:

NATO and France on PM's European agenda (Canberra Times).
Aukus: Australia's new PM vows 'reset' with France after submarine row (BBC).

Warren Brown:

Leak, Son of Leak:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

I don't think I have a way to reply to this without breaking the new christian disord d&d rules.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Xander77 posted:

I don't think I have a way to reply to this without breaking the new christian disord d&d rules.

All we'll have to do is VOTE extra hard at the end of the year and make sure it doesn't win.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

VOID BABY

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

i'm sorry ma'am but your fetus has been jokerfied. it's nonviable

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Skeleton Mom posted:

i'm sorry ma'am but your fetus has been jokerfied. it's nonviable

Im really breaking out the :effort: here guys

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

Remember when Obama promised to codify Roe and then did gently caress all? And when Biden did the same? Surely this time, if we just vote hard enough, they'll actually do something instead of shelving the issue until the next election to dangle as a carrot on a stick!

So are you getting paid to make these Dem cheerleading posts or are you actually this loving gullible?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Greatbacon posted:

Going through some of my dad's old stuff & keep finding collections of papers. Thought I'd share any vintage Politoons I find with the thread:

Here's one about Occupy Wall STreet from 2011 that was paired with a full page of opinion pieces in favor of the occupation, just after protestors were violently evicted from Zuccotti Park by NYPD

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

kartikeya posted:

I'm pretty sure the subtext is that all trans women are fetishists and so allowing them to exist in public is equivalent to allowing furries and adult babies to indulge their fetishes

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Robert Ariail

Clay Bennett

Lisa Benson

Steve Benson

Jeff Danziger

Matt Davies

John Deering

Clay Jones

Steve Kelley

Jack Ohman

Jeff Stahler

Tom Stiglich

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

OH MY GOD STIGLICH NO ONE GIVES A gently caress ABOUT THAT GUY! YOU ARE THE ONLY loving ONE! SHUT THE gently caress UP!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

jesus loving christ

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

I have no nostalgia whatsoever for these ancient "you wouldn't need an abortion if you sluts would just stop loving" takes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Kit Walker posted:

I have no nostalgia whatsoever for these ancient "you wouldn't need an abortion if you sluts would just stop loving" takes

Usually followed quickly by "Why are women such frigid bitches" takes.