Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
After three months of loving around, Putin brings out the heavy weights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

"Ah gently caress Ivan, I thought you said 'get me the general who absolutely loves poutine the most.'"

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Hillary 2024 posted:

Why does the largest general not simply eat the other ones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yltlJEdSAHw

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
General Popinfrezhinov

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Russia is defaulting on some foreign bonds.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-06-26/russia-defaults-on-foreign-debt-for-first-time-since-1918

This is gonna be spicy.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
But I heard the Ruble is the strongest currency in the world right now!

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Hillary 2024 posted:

Why does the largest general not simply eat the other ones

They run too fast

stackofflapjacks
Apr 7, 2009

Mmmmm

BIG HEADLINE posted:

But I heard the Ruble is the strongest currency in the world right now!

Let the Dinar scams commence with rubles!

"LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT RUBLES, THESE BABIES ARE GONNA BE WORTH A FORTUNE ONE DAY"

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:gritin:

gently caress yeah!

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

stackofflapjacks posted:

Let the Dinar scams commence with rubles!

"LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT RUBLES, THESE BABIES ARE GONNA BE WORTH A FORTUNE ONE DAY"

I wonder if the E5 in our unit that spent a month's salary on dinars is still in.

CSM Hauge up there telling his troops during the invasion of southern Russia to get in on the ruble while it's low

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Russian Tu-22's have been launching huge amounts of cruise missiles into Ukraine from Belarusian airspace within the past day or two, and it appears that there's some real concern that Lukashenko might be wading into the war for real this time.

https://twitter.com/mrsorokaa/status/1541159318824837120?t=0qa35zx_vRGjMZjhtKQJ5Q&s=19

I would assume that Lukashenko faces an extreme risk of being overthrown or at least facing a full scale revolt at home if he sends his forces into Ukraine. Putin must be putting some pretty crazy pressure on him if he's giving in.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

it's not actually changing much, isn't? Russia already wasn't able to issue new debt in markets where it's sanctioned, and per the article the ratings agencies there aren't even rating its bonds anymore. it might mean something when the war/sanctions end, but for now the Bank of Russia isn't in a much more hosed up mess than it was already

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I see your

and raise you a

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyOuM-xVvOI

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Have you ever wondered what a Russian ammo dump exploding looks like? Well Ukraine’s got you covered fam.

https://twitter.com/coupsure/status/1541357219459072000?s=21&t=aPQpx4M0Vu5FfOGo0Q1B4w

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
honk every time the ammo explodes

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alan Smithee posted:

honk every time the ammo explodes

Also if you’re horny!

Press R for Ramstein as a Ukrainian Buk launches and blows something up.

Sorry for Reddit I haven’t been able to find a tweet or the original video on the Telegram channel it comes from.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RussiaUkra...utm_name=iossmf

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jun 27, 2022

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

https://twitter.com/MotolkoHelp/status/1540354447163146240
https://twitter.com/MotolkoHelp/status/1540354453261324288
https://twitter.com/MotolkoHelp/status/1540354456184913921

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Them dipping into Belarusian stocks is probably a good sign. Hopefully they run out of shells before Germany runs out of gas, or Ukraine out of dudes.

Herstory Begins Now posted:

For a week or two there were a number of clips of what were very likely brimstone hits, but it doesn't appear that the total number of missiles given was that significant, or the launchers were destroyed, or they completely embargoed footage being released of them in action.

Okay then my impression wasn't that far off. Wonder which of those factors you name it was!

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

A Russian missile hit a shopping center with ~1000 people inside

https://twitter.com/olliecarroll/status/1541428084305498114

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

*Two* missiles hit, apparently.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Nine deaths so far, but that covers 1000 people on the area... not 1000 in the shopping centre, so hopefully the fatalities are limited.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

it's not actually changing much, isn't? Russia already wasn't able to issue new debt in markets where it's sanctioned, and per the article the ratings agencies there aren't even rating its bonds anymore. it might mean something when the war/sanctions end, but for now the Bank of Russia isn't in a much more hosed up mess than it was already

Russia has been using multiple tricks to keep the Ruble propped up. So I imagine that the more pressure pushing down the harder the lift. At some point the pressure will ease or the support will crumble.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Everyone already knows what's on the table at this point. Theres no surprise or unexpected news so noone is going to make a knee-jerk sale off this, everyone is waiting to see what happens with the war. So I wouldn't expect major changes in the exchange rate based off a technical default

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I'm still waiting for China to launch a surprise invasion of a bled-white Russia

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

why, they can just buy it at that point

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

It's my early war Clancy prediction and I'm standing by it ok

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I'm still waiting for China to launch a surprise invasion of a bled-white Russia

No no no, Japan's gonna grab those islands back

still technically at war!

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

I wanna see Japan retake Sakhalin Island
edit: JSDF vs Russian Army would be very interesting to see. Some of the JSDF folks can be...special

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Jimmy Smuts posted:

edit: JSDF vs Russian Army would be very interesting to see. Some of the JSDF folks can be...special

It would be difficult to administer. There are no Japanese or Ainu people left there.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

A.o.D. posted:

It would be difficult to administer. There are no Japanese or Ainu people left there.

Wasn't problem for Japan before.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

TCD posted:

It was for the people who weren't Japanese though

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

This is a gentler, softer Japan than the one that governed at the time.
I mean, if I had to pick between the two countries to rule over me, I would definitely pick Japan

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jimmy Smuts posted:

How so? I’m not meaning to accuse you of making stuff up or anything I’m just hoping I can get a cool anecdote story out of it.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

TCD posted:

There were Japanese and Ainu people before.

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

Marshal Prolapse posted:

How so? I’m not meaning to accuse you of making stuff up or anything I’m just hoping I can get a cool anecdote story out of it.
Nothing major at all, just that Japan seems to recruit socially awkward guys, sort of like US military intel (eg. me). Except these folks are mechanics & such, who seem to not be socially awkward in the USAF, so it's interesting to see the differences. I never worked directly with them, but for the 2 years I was stationed there, I hung out a bit with a few JASDF folks in an English-language course my friend taught off base, and it was interesting to hear their service culture anecdotes. Group punishments are definitely a big thing with them, more so than the USAF, at least back in '07ish.
edit: Like, one of them was MIA for a week or two, and when he showed up he said they got restricted to barracks due to a DUI or someshit in his unit. Guessing they took his phone too, because nobody knew what happened to him in the meantime

Jimmy Smuts fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jun 28, 2022

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Word on the street is that ammunition depot was hit by a HIMARS.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Well that didn't take long.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Jimmy Smuts posted:

Waifu attack helicopters vs drunk Russian SAM operator

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Well that didn't take long.

Not really that weird that they would have lots of targeting data just waiting for the right weapons to arrive :sun:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

So does this look like Russia is moving all of its pre-positioned ammo from Belarus to possibly make up for shortfalls closer to Donetsk and Luhansk to anyone else? If it is, it looks like the Russians are abandoning any further attempts for another grab at Kyiv.