Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
wings avs documentary owns
burke saying anything less than 10 stitches was referred to as "a razor cut" in the DOPS office at the time is certainly something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

I think Vancouver is pretty chill when it comes to leaving the players to be themselves outside the rink.

Laplacean Demon
Jan 20, 2004

clean ayers act posted:

burke saying anything less than 10 stitches was referred to as "a razor cut" in the DOPS office at the time is certainly something

I will never tire of hearing McCarty explaining why it was a coldcock and not a sucker punch

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

clean ayers act posted:

Amazing incompetence by Bettman and Burke in this film

The real start to this rivalry was Colorado just hacking the Red Wings, and the league letting then get away with it because the Wings were seen as a European team. Kozlov was just the first to fight back.

Just watch this truly amazing video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcpEhhtp9Xg

AsInHowe fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jun 26, 2022

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Kozlov wasn't the raging rear end in a top hat the Red Wings deserved, but he was the one they needed

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

clean ayers act posted:

What’s the documentary and which streaming platform or whatever ?

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

ImplicitAssembler posted:

I think Vancouver is pretty chill when it comes to leaving the players to be themselves outside the rink.
I saw Mattias Ohlund in a 7-11 once. He had trouble counting change. I didn't bother him.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
The bad man scores goals

https://twitter.com/Scott7news/status/1540759489032228864?t=FoVI56PfcDijAd7mcy_Xpg&s=19

efb

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

Duckman2008 posted:

What’s the documentary and which streaming platform or whatever ?

"unrivaled" and it should be on espn+ by this point

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

quote:

Johnson, upon telling Rutherford that he understood he wasn’t a good enough player to receive a no-trade clause, asked that he be given advance notice if he were to be traded to a team where taxes were particularly high, like San Jose or a Canadian market. That’s how aware of finances he had become because of what happened to him.

https://theathletic.com/3365695/2022/06/16/yohe-hopefully-jack-johnson-wins-the-cup-and-then-calls-it-a-career/

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I do legitimately feel bad for him for what his family did to him, and I'm glad he managed to make some sort of a living out of a horrible situation

but goddamnit I wish it had come from some other team's salary cap

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I do also feel bad for Jack Johnson but also "I finally understand how taxes work" is so omfgggggggggg.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Ladies and gentlegoons, Jack "Motherfucking" Johnson has won the Stanley Cup.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Claude Giroux

Lol. Lmao.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Why we closing the gdt there was still poo poo posting to be had

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Ginette Reno posted:

Why we closing the gdt there was still poo poo posting to be had

clicked the wrong button oops

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

the offseason is here bring on the stupid

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
the year of the buffalo sabres starts NOW

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

whatis posted:

the year of the buffalo sabres starts NOW

And ends sometime in November

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Kardi and Nuke about to sign the biggest UFA contracts ever before dissolving like sugar cubes in tea

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
I'm gonna miss Palat a lot

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

Kardi and Nuke about to sign the biggest UFA contracts ever before dissolving like sugar cubes in tea

now that kadri proved the haters wrong and won a cup, he can go back to needlessly elbowing people in the head and getting suspended for crucial playoff games

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Edit: Meh

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

marioinblack posted:

I'm gonna miss Palat a lot

I'm pretty sure they'll dump/cap cheat Killorn and keep Palat

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Aye Doc posted:

now that kadri proved the haters wrong and won a cup, he can go back to needlessly elbowing people in the head and getting suspended for crucial playoff games

https://twitter.com/downgoesbrown/status/1541257624355733505?s=21&t=NKBWUTP7qOMUwYnYKVqTpg

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

:sickos:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

clean ayers act posted:

It was a ton of fun, and the stuff with Vladdie destroyed me, but not including the 2002 WCF was criminal negligence.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Honestly ESPN’s coverage during the playoffs has been pretty iffy (with the biggest problem being Sean McDonough) but their post-Cup-win coverage has been A+. I used to hate when NBC would cut away while the team was still handing off the Cup to each other

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

https://twitter.com/RyanHanaWWP/status/1541252725471674370

:waycool:

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

OldSenileGuy posted:

Honestly ESPN’s coverage during the playoffs has been pretty iffy (with the biggest problem being Sean McDonough) but their post-Cup-win coverage has been A+. I used to hate when NBC would cut away while the team was still handing off the Cup to each other

Yea, agreed.

Broadcasters understand the importance of victories more-so than the past, is all I'll say.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Speaking of, the Avs home jerseys are probably the nicest in the league, especially with the pants and helmets

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Colorado's got some work to do to get back in position for a chance at a repeat title but with 25 million dollars in cap space I'm sure they can figure it out.. Can't see any team in the west really challenging them next season, especially with Calgary likely taking a step back and Minnesota caught in cap hell.

Tampa on the other hand pretty much has the same roster plugged in for next season minus one and a half useful players. When is this team scheduled to fall off due to the cap crunch again?

**it just occurred to me I completely forgot about that other western conference contender, the Vegas Golden Knights.. who will be nothing if not well rested and motivated.. Meh, I'm sure they'll find some way to gently caress it up again.

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Jun 27, 2022

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I mean, they're rested, annoyed and crucially now run by a competent coach as opposed to a glass of warm milk.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

tarbrush posted:

I mean, they're rested, annoyed and crucially now run by a competent coach as opposed to a glass of warm milk.

and got -$3mil in cap space.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

ImplicitAssembler posted:

and got -$3mil in cap space.

Details :v:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/GeorgeStoia/status/1541270214033260545

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

It's wild every year seeing who was playing through something insane after the finals are over. I think Bergeron playing with broken ribs and a punctured lung is the craziest one I remember in recent history

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Saluting my captain.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Jamwad Hilder posted:

It's wild every year seeing who was playing through something insane after the finals are over. I think Bergeron playing with broken ribs and a punctured lung is the craziest one I remember in recent history

I remember one year Joe Thornton was playing with a torn ACL and MCL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

OldSenileGuy posted:

Where was the locker room champagne party coverage, though? I seem to remember seeing that in past years but couldn't find it last night. :(