Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Photex posted:

isn't it 2 hours since there is an hour block for daily recap?

I thought the recap was like, 15 minutes? (+whatever extra time they need to shill in FNAF :sun:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Cernunnos posted:

I could care less about FNAF as a game series but I still threw a dono at it because more GDQ is always good, regardless of the game quality.

The daily recap is only ~15 minutes. They might stretch it out a bit but not to a whole hour.

you right, i was looking at the overlay wrong.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Is the FNAF game the most recent one? The one that is super broken?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Recap block can streeeeeeeeeetch if needed, the did it on the final night of AGDQ.

Kinda weird how this FNAF incentive has stalled, though. Only added like $4k over the course of Vice City.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Agent355 posted:

I will find it extremely funny is a FNAF game run is the first thing to not be met at a GDQ.

I am so tired of that trash.

Its nowhere near the first game run not to be met. As of 2020 there were 77 incentives not met from 2011-2020

https://pastebin.com/PccH5fC1

I'm sure someone has the info for more recent years.

Zore fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jun 28, 2022

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
"Thank you so much tech crew for dealing with this nightmare..."

:lol:

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Is the FNAF game the most recent one? The one that is super broken?

They recently fixed most/all of the glitches with a patch. Which is a shame, the glitches were the fun part of the game

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

this is already the level of chaos i expected from phasmophobia

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

really need the game audio louder, hopefully they get that bumped up

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
This is the most bizzare speedrun I've seen in awhile

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Zore posted:

Its nowhere near the first game run not to be met. As of 2020 there were 77 incentives not met from 2011-2020

https://pastebin.com/PccH5fC1

I'm sure someone has the info for more recent years.

You can always browse through the official site: https://gamesdonequick.com/tracker/bids/AGDQ2021

At least since AGDQ 2021 we've had a handful of failed incentives, generally gimmick runs or difficulty upgrades. I haven't had time to look for any whole games that failed though.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

dolphinbomb posted:

Oats is one of the world's best Super Metroid players, was one of the first people to actually beat Kaizo without savestates, and has been grinding the absolute poo poo out of Kaizo SM since it got accepted into GDQ. His WR run has 4 deaths, and he had a run a few days before that with only 1. Oats ran a similar romhack (Super Metroid Impossible) a few years ago and it was pretty entertaining, so vOv

WAH

I have no doubt that oatsingoats is good at super metroid, but that specific rom hack isn't interesting to watch. Impossible was a great run, lotta entertainment there, plus it has animals to save.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Crlxv5EwkuE
^^^
Quality Run!

Kaizo is not that.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

throwing headphones on for that stereo HOW OLD ARE YOU.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Good lord I'm sorry, I want to like this but this is just unwatchable

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
The Kaizo Metroid run will be fun because oats is doing it (and without his insanely annoying chat)

I don’t think the FNAF audience has much overlap with GDQ audience just yet, but it’s likely to be met anyway

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

AHH F/UGH posted:

Username/post combo is very powerful.

Also, it's the same problem that esports with five different perspectives have: no way to create the kind of focus required for a legible narrative. And this is why Starcraft Brood War is the best esport :colbert:

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

AHH F/UGH posted:

This seems like an interesting game to play exactly once with friends. But I'm finding the speedrun to be pretty unintelligible, even by speedrun standards.

Kestral posted:

Username/post combo is very powerful.

Also, it's the same problem that esports with five different perspectives have: no way to create the kind of focus required for a legible narrative. And this is why Starcraft Brood War is the best esport :colbert:

yeah thats why they tend to have spectators controlling the camera to at least give some focus to the match.

Starcraft is a pretty fun e-sport tho.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I was only half listening so I didn't realize that was Frew's forever last run :( he was always entertaining when I saw him on a main gdq or hotfix. Good luck to you dude :patriot:

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Agent355 posted:

This seems like an interesting game to play exactly once with friends. But I'm finding the speedrun to be pretty unintelligible, even by speedrun standards.

Yeah I wish they had taken some time at the beginning to explain the game more, but I guess they were running behind.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
how OLD are you

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

I wonder if it would be more engaging with only brossentia’s screen visible

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
I love that flannelkat has an in-game teddy bear and an IRL one :allears:

edit: oop, it's a bunny, but point stands

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
RIP brossentia & flannelkat

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

Professor Wayne posted:

I wonder if it would be more engaging with only brossentia’s screen visible

It almost certainly would; the problem I'm having is my eyes are trying to watch all four screens at once and it's disorientating

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Also splitting the screen this much makes any given game screen so tiny it's hard to tell whats even going on.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

i'm just focusing on brossentia's view because that's where the audio is coming from, it's how I focus on races.

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

The first house was really chaotic, it feels like they're finding their groove as the game continues. That said if I didn't know anything about this game it'd probably be a nightmare.

Speaking of, what difficulty are they playing on?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I've never played it so maybe you're not actually supposed to, but I would like to see a ghost every once in a while

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007

Milli posted:

The first house was really chaotic, it feels like they're finding their groove as the game continues. That said if I didn't know anything about this game it'd probably be a nightmare.

Yeah I know nothing about this game and gave up watching because I just cannot tell what is happening, they really needed to actually explain things. Good chaotic energy though.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Photex posted:

i'm just focusing on brossentia's view because that's where the audio is coming from, it's how I focus on races.

Same. But that means 3/4 of the screen is a bit wasted, :eng99:

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

I can't really tell what's going on with this game. He keeps interrupting himself to play the game, which I get. This would probably have been better with a couch person who wasn't playing, to explain things.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Milli posted:

Professional

site posted:

I've never played it so maybe you're not actually supposed to, but I would like to see a ghost every once in a while

if you're seeing the lights flicker and stuff, then the ghost is manifesting.

if the front door isn't closed then it's just an event and spookums territory

if the front door is closed, its out for blood

but you're not going to get a lot of ghost dodging on the smaller maps

maybe the last one with Willow Street

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

site posted:

they sometimes do. id recommend bobvids' VODs with voidburger, damehasclass/chipcheezum and tomatograndpa, as they are all bad at the game but highly entertaining (also Bob has the VR version which is even jankier so there are a lot of shenanigans)

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

Milli posted:

Looks like professional, which is next to the highest level of difficulty. The most difficult level only gives you two pieces of evidence, so you have to infer the ghost type based on their behavior

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
"If you cheer during a hunt, the ghost will definitely kill us."

WOOOO!!!!

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

I've never seen this game before so this is very close to incomprehensible but I did enjoy the part where two of the runners died and had to communicate by throwing stuff in the van.

e: is there a voice recognition thing going on where they have to ask certain questions or is it just "any sound" counts as talking to the ghost?

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
We're on the last house, that incentive is definitely getting missed

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

MuffiTuffiWuffi posted:

I've never seen this game before so this is very close to incomprehensible but I did enjoy the part where two of the runners died and had to communicate by throwing stuff in the van.

e: is there a voice recognition thing going on where they have to ask certain questions or is it just "any sound" counts as talking to the ghost?

Voice recognition. It’s really cool!

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

Professor Wayne posted:

Voice recognition. It’s really cool!

Oh, that is really cool.

I did not understand more than maybe thirty seconds of this run but it was cool to watch.

e: yeah I agree that maybe having somebody who wasn't playing to do the commentary might have helped to explain what in the world is going on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
oh god campsite this is going to be a trainwreck