Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xcheopis

I have one of those bookcases that folds up for easier transport/storage. It's been in storage for... uh, 10 years? And now it's back out again because I have tall books that need the extra room! It had been in storage for so long that I had to use a mallet and a lot of vicious commentary to get the shelves to fold back down again, followed by reaching for tall heavy books at an awkward angle and now my hand hurt a lot. Again. Stupid bookcase!

Surprisingly little dust, all things considered. Super glad I bought this air purifier, though.

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Made of Meat

Heather Papps posted:

today i went to a celebration of life for my great uncle les, and it was in a big round barn. there were dogs there! more funeral sorta things should have dogs. i also am now realizing i forgot to grab a packet of wildflower seeds and i'm PISSED

If I ever die, there should be dogs.

There should always be dogs.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Robot Made of Meat

Come back soon!

Robot Made of Meat

xcheopis posted:

I have one of those bookcases that folds up for easier transport/storage. It's been in storage for... uh, 10 years? And now it's back out again because I have tall books that need the extra room! It had been in storage for so long that I had to use a mallet and a lot of vicious commentary to get the shelves to fold back down again, followed by reaching for tall heavy books at an awkward angle and now my hand hurt a lot. Again. Stupid bookcase!

Surprisingly little dust, all things considered. Super glad I bought this air purifier, though.

I do not understand the concept of a folding bookcase for transport/storage. Doesn't that defeat the idea of bookcase?

xcheopis

Robot Made of Meat posted:

I do not understand the concept of a folding bookcase for transport/storage. Doesn't that defeat the idea of bookcase?

No?

Robot Made of Meat

OK this doesn't help.

In my experience, a bookcase is a place to keep books. Also in my experience, a folding device is one which you can fold up to take less space while it's not in use.

So, where do you put the books while the bookcase is folded? If you have to store the books and the bookcase, it doesn't seem to have any benefit?

xcheopis

Robot Made of Meat posted:

OK this doesn't help.

In my experience, a bookcase is a place to keep books. Also in my experience, a folding device is one which you can fold up to take less space while it's not in use.

So, where do you put the books while the bookcase is folded? If you have to store the books and the bookcase, it doesn't seem to have any benefit?

Why would you keep books in a bookcase you are transporting or keeping in storage? Books in those conditions go into boxes.

Ass-penny

xcheopis posted:

Why would you keep books in a bookcase you are transporting or keeping in storage? Books in those conditions go into boxes.

who would put books in storage? I make absurd stacks, store books in unusual places, and frequently give books to people.

also got this on random waffle tonight, dang I used to like Pop Up Video

Escape From Noise

Bottling days are the worst days.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

:gary:GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDD MORNING BYOB!!!!!!!

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

biosterous

gold mango!

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
goont mongoose!

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

xcheopis

rear end-penny posted:

who would put books in storage? I make absurd stacks, store books in unusual places, and frequently give books to people.

also got this on random waffle tonight, dang I used to like Pop Up Video

People who are homeless.

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

Goons Are Great posted:

hello my friends I had to do some medium work today and after much consideration decided to do some work, get high, do some more work later, get higher, finish work

currently I am at step no. 4 of this plan and no. 5 somehow appears to become less likely

Oh no if you don't finish work that means you'll be stuck in a state of working forever :ohdear:

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

cruft

I just fixed an electronic device by whacking it.

I've whacked broken electronics many times in the past, but I think this is the first time it's actually fixed it.

I needed to share this remarkable tale with someone else. Thanks for listening.

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

cruft posted:

I've whacked broken electronics many times in the past, but I think this is the first time it's actually fixed it.

Used to do this all the time as kids, we called it "the Russian method" no idea why. There was a recycle center drop off in biking distance, we brought a little wagon with us tied to the bikes to carry anything good home and the employee there didn't care if we plugged an extension cord in to test stuff (or maybe they didn't notice). Either way slamming the side of stuff gave us some walkie talkies some monitors and some computers, computers usually needed a bit more swapping of parts. Eventually someone that didn't like kids digging in the electronic recycling took over and wouldn't let us in so we just hopped the fence after they went away for the night since it was completely outside.

Anyway I bet my friend from then still has that cool portable TV that took 12 D batteries that you had to hit on the side 5-6 times after changing the channel for it to play audio.

I know I still have my screaming Pentium Pro with 32MB of RAM and 2GB fireball drive that's pure salvage.... someplace it's in a closet I assume it'd boot into 2000 just fine, parts were all probably made with win95 in mind but I did have 2k running on it (not ME)

sig by owlhawk911

xcheopis

cruft posted:

Percussive maintenance is a time-honored tradition.

Activia

Goal: some kind of neat moth
I had a dream where it was like the beginning of Law and Order where the detectives are examining the victim, but instead of his usual snarky comment Jerry Orbach freestyled a rap verse

thanks deep dish peat moss for the Pomelo Princess!

pixaal

Activia posted:

I had a dream where it was like the beginning of Law and Order where the detectives are examining the victim, but instead of his usual snarky comment Jerry Orbach freestyled a rap verse

I now want a show about a rapping detective the ends with a break out into a music video in the court and ends when the music video ends no explanation in universe how the court room turns into the video ever just set wheeled away type of break out.

sig by owlhawk911

pixaal

I've been playing with this prompt for a bit mostly getting well incoherent images not worth sharing.I have finally made a good combination of words though!

the full classic sentence was very disappointing every day I've run it.

sig by owlhawk911

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
Well, I just found out why my eye suddenly started hurting yesterday.
:hmmyes: I somehow managed to abrade my cornea directly over the pupil. :aaa:

pixaal

Barking Gecko posted:

I know the parts of the eye but not well enough to know how this is possible. Hope this sorts out for you doesn't sound fun

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Barking Gecko posted:

ouch

more falafel please

forums poster

dankcon is over but I took home some hardware

3rd in breath holding (69 seconds, nice) 2nd in beer chugging (27 seconds, really should have done better) and 1st in cutoff jorts wearing

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Robot Made of Meat

more falafel please posted:

3rd in breath holding (69 seconds, nice) 2nd in beer chugging (27 seconds, really should have done better) and 1st in cutoff jorts wearing

You are indeed living the life. Well done!

cruft

Lol

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

How was the jorts wearing contest measured? Length of the jort? Or just continuously wearing jorts through the entire event?

xcheopis

Barking Gecko posted:

That seems like a silly thing to do!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

I wish fish from the basic grocery store wasn’t always so bad to mediocre at best

more falafel please

forums poster

Zil posted:

How was the jorts wearing contest measured? Length of the jort? Or just continuously wearing jorts through the entire event?

the host of dankcon added the "wearing cutoff jorts" category and marked himself as a Y and everyone else as N. but like if it's more than 75 degrees out I'm gonna be wearing cutoff jorts so he changed mine to a Y.

i then continued to wear jorts every day and he did not (his girlfriend hates them I guess) so yesterday he begrudgingly admitted that I won

i wouldn't have given him poo poo about it but he's kind of a curmudgeon and we've been friends for like 15 years so

more falafel please

forums poster

also I had already won a second place and third place ribbon so I had to complete the podium

xcheopis

Oh, dang, major accolades!

biosterous

dippy

gallery of sigs

he/him

Wilmott Snipes

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
There was a literal police shooting outside my window a few hours ago. Didn't think of it cause loud yelling and poo poo happens here sometime but my brother's wife texted me asking me if I'm OK which is how I found out about it. Crazy because the neighborhood isn't really that bad I thought.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
well it's bad now, there's cops in it.

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

biosterous

Dr. Honked posted:

well it's bad now, there's cops in it.

:hmmyes:

gallery of sigs

he/him

Prof. Crocodile

everyone who wears cutoff jorts is a winner in my book

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
G'mungo :orb:

Tebulot

im hip now bois

Man, do you all remember the travelling megathread that went through all the subforums?

Can we do another one of those? That owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Tebulot posted:

Man, do you all remember the travelling megathread that went through all the subforums?

Can we do another one of those? That owned

its in goons with spoons rn come adventure with us
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3918699