Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

spiraling into vaporware

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Srice posted:

I'd like to catch that second Frontier movie on the big screen but I'll be out of town that day, rip.
RIP i haven’t seen the second one so i’m pumped, but im always unreasonably pumped to pay $15 to watch a low bitrate 1080p stream of my favorite japanese cartoons with awful sound mastering on real movie screen

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

marumaru posted:

spiraling into vaporware

I mean, they've at least shared clips of it, so it exists more than the Pluto anime, which was announced five years ago and then the second thing we got on it was a "We're working on it" 2 months ago

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Plutonis posted:

i loving love when a manga i follow that hasnt had a scanlation update for months gets a new chapter and turns out its by a fuckhead who used MTL and comic sans as a font
yeah that just happened to one I'm following and it's kind of incredible mangadex allows poo poo like that

Like they just mspaint rectangle select the word balloon, delete, then improperly space the text window so it's bleeding off the page or into the artwork or whatever, real brilliant poo poo

Naturally it's also completely unreadable on top of that and they're begging for patrons simultaneously

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

TenementFunster posted:

RIP i haven’t seen the second one so i’m pumped, but im always unreasonably pumped to pay $15 to watch a low bitrate 1080p stream of my favorite japanese cartoons with awful sound mastering on real movie screen

Hell yeah

That second movie is one of the best Frontier things out there, enjoy :cheerdoge:

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Srice posted:

Hell yeah

That second movie is one of the best Frontier things out there, enjoy :cheerdoge:
hell yeah. the first one is basically Recap Plus, but i hear 2 is more original stuff.

plus we only get a tease of Sekan Hikou in #1, so i’m psyched to see how they movieize ep 12

e: aw poo poo, #2 has ~*d shootin’ star b*~, too

TenementFunster fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jun 27, 2022

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Plutonis posted:

scanlation sniping is cool and good when it hits the target and not makes something more incomprehensible than raws

You know it's a good rear end scanlation when half the words are transliterated, even though there's direct translations available.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean, they've at least shared clips of it, so it exists more than the Pluto anime, which was announced five years ago and then the second thing we got on it was a "We're working on it" 2 months ago

Jesus, I didn't even know a Pluto anime was even teased. Thanks, now I'm cursed too

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

secretly best girl posted:

It's very skippable. I stupidly bought it blind while I was finishing the series, in case of spoilers, and then the instant I finished the show I discover "oh this is cutting down the arcs to Nagisa/Karma and tightening harder than the anime already abridged".

Yeah I figured, I’m actually rewatching S2 right now after reading the manga and it’s still a good adaptation even with the little cuts here and there to save time but a recap movie is the absolute last thing they needed.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm a real fan of *Nagisa narration voice* our Assassination Classroom.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm a real fan of *Nagisa narration voice* our Assassination Classroom.

I have no idea why they felt the need to have him narrate every episode to that extent, like why wouldn’t you even just have the character of the week do it since it’s not really a “thing” in the manga?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

verbal enema posted:

I never got to play the BRS PSP game and that still pisses me off

Kwyndig posted:

My PSP crapped out before I got a chance to play it either.

It's..interesting. It's extremely ImageEpoch, in that it has shockingly good camera and cutscene motion, especially for a PSP game and also a hot mess of gameplay systems that kinda sorta function.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

reminder that, i remembered it was monday, if anyone was watching eriko

homeless snail posted:

I remembered it was monday this time btw

homeless snail posted:

@8pm eastern, Idol Densetsu Eriko + Dejiko Nyo
https://cytu.be/r/okayletswatchanime

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/1541572106110001152?s=20&t=xGh4r69y7a7heW1hNGH5Ug

Deadpool holding a Jump with Luffy on it is messing with me

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

kaguya's good (anime or manga? no, boffum)

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

dogsicle posted:

i thought it sucked but that was the frame of reference of having seen the whole series shortly before, and thinking compilation movies are categorically bad

Sakurazuka posted:

The first movie barely even counts as cliff notes it's just a selection of scenes from the TV series in chronological order with a couple of new bits and doesn't even attempt to string them into a cohesive narrative.

rip 😔

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://twitter.com/crayon_natsu/status/1541617386276524034

the crayon shin-chan summer vacation game is getting an official worldwide localization for the us and eu along with the ps4 port

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1541635178304397312?s=20&t=xGh4r69y7a7heW1hNGH5Ug

I find it funny that they're still using the logo from the Funimation gag dub

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Wow we finally get a Boku no Natsuyasumi game. Sorta.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCcZSvGr3Xs&hd=1

I'd try a char burg

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Waffleman_ posted:

lol

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Captain Invictus posted:

Like they just mspaint rectangle select the word balloon, delete, then improperly space the text window so it's bleeding off the page or into the artwork or whatever, real brilliant poo poo

ahh, the GTO treatment

Chicken Thumbs
Oct 21, 2020

Time is dead and meaning has no meaning!
I remember back when Jitsu wa Watashi wa ws getting scanlated on batoto and some rear end in a top hat did a bad TL of a chapter with an important plot twist months ahead of the good scanlation team, so if you weren't careful while reading you'd accidentally skip like a dozen chapters and Youko would suddenly be speaking Ebonics.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

I'd prefer a charred Bernie burger

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chicken Thumbs posted:

I remember back when Jitsu wa Watashi wa ws getting scanlated on batoto and some rear end in a top hat did a bad TL of a chapter with an important plot twist months ahead of the good scanlation team, so if you weren't careful while reading you'd accidentally skip like a dozen chapters and Youko would suddenly be speaking Ebonics.

whenever I see a manga inexplicably have like, chapters 1 to 10 translated and then chapters 72 and on, I always have to wonder what the gently caress is going on there, especially when it's the same team

copy
Jul 26, 2007

that poo poo sucks. almost always scan drama too which is just tedious

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
It's usually:

+ First team does a few chapters and then inexplicably vanishes into the ether
+ Another team comes in after several months of inactivity, assumes it's been dropped, and starts scanslating the backlog
+ After the second team gets into a comfortable groove, first team suddenly pops back in and gets all pissy that "someone else is doing OUR manga, how dare they"
+ Second team gets flak from the community for being snipers, gets pissed off, and pulls all their stuff

The second team may or may not just give up and leave manga forever after this.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Coming back to this stuff after over a decade away it's good to know that anime + manga is still replete with bullshit drama, just now it's on discord instead of IRC.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Mirage posted:

+ Second team gets flak from the community for being snipers, gets pissed off, and pulls all their stuff
this is probably the main value of scraper sites

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxOPsfG7-7E

I know nothing about Chainsaw Man besides having a Chainsaw Man but this video was in my recommendations and it is cool so please watch it and tell me I'm cool too.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

you'd be much cooler if you read Chainsaw Man, imo

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

So how many weeks does it take to read all of One Piece in the shonen jump app?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I don't understand the question? 1 week, 4 days minimum with the 100 chapter limit, I guess?

Arist fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jun 28, 2022

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

symbolic posted:

you'd be much cooler if you read Chainsaw Man, imo

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

my charts are saying it'll still be cool to read chainsawman well into 2023, possibly beyond

marumaru
May 20, 2013

i've been saving the manga for after i've watched the anime for no real good reason and it's too late to turn back

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

waiting for the anime is unfortunately, uncool

marumaru
May 20, 2013

oh no :(

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

im usually an anime > manga person but i still have a hard time believing they can pull that one off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Tales of Woe posted:

im usually an anime > manga person but i still have a hard time believing they can pull that one off

Have hope.