Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
My least favorite of reasons why TLs jump forward 90 chapters or whatever, is because the author suddenly makes some dumb rear end plot poo poo happen and some TLer posts it to go "Look at this absolute garbage, don't bother with this poo poo anymore"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Tales of Woe posted:

im usually an anime > manga person but i still have a hard time believing they can pull that one off

I believe in them

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the pv makes it seem like it'll be good, just in the wrong ways, which feels like the worst possible outcome

so i mostly hope there will be some relatively normal manga fans i can commiserate with ina case like that

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Srice posted:

I believe in them

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

dogsicle posted:

the pv makes it seem like it'll be good, just in the wrong ways, which feels like the worst possible outcome

so i mostly hope there will be some relatively normal manga fans i can commiserate with ina case like that

my understanding is that the pv was made before the show started production, by the JJK team, so we dont even have confirmation that the show will look like that yet in terms of artstyle. it probably will but still

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah it being pre-animated or whatever they call it was a big deal when it first dropped, and the jjk style is what put me off. hard to tell if the staff overlap will result in sticking with that same aesthetic so heavily but i feel safer in pessimism than optimism until we get a real pv

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'll allow the CSM anime to be bad in exchange for a good Fire Punch adaptation. :smugmrgw:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'll allow the CSM anime to be bad in exchange for a good Fire Punch adaptation. :smugmrgw:

Hm.

Nah.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

asking them to adapt another series that would require some mix of extensive cg and intensive action animation

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i'll allow csm to be bad if mappa releases sayo yamamoto from whatever production purgatory they have her stuck in

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Kwyndig posted:

So how many weeks does it take to read all of One Piece in the shonen jump app?

Depends on how fast of a reader you are. It took me about two-ish weeks with me hitting the 100 page limit several times while reading in bed.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Thanks for the replies goons. I'll set aside a couple of hours a day for like two weeks to get my One Piece on.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Just pay the sub for a month and do what this guy did

https://kotaku.com/one-piece-manga-twitch-live-stream-speedrun-wano-1849028696

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It's two dollars a month and I've got lots of other manga to read like chainsaw man and Dr stone and dandadan

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

dogsicle posted:

asking them to adapt another series that would require some mix of extensive cg and intensive action animation

I was talking about a fantasy scenario!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/JAVdottxt/status/1541908877217828868

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

glad JAV titles is back

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

:what:

marumaru
May 20, 2013

not sure how to feel after reading "clitoral phimosis" in the anime thread

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

lmao

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
A title so long there's no photos anywhere on the case

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Probably for the best, I suppose

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

ngl the probe makes it even funnier

also glad JAV titles is back

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
thank you homsnai

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Snail did nothing wrong

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Snail was only probed to let everyone in the leper's colony know that JAV titles is back.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

asses have been worked clean off, i tell you

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Because it's a funny, insane name for a JAV, fluffdaddy

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

JAV titles getting unbanned is the only good thing twitter has done in years

also glad the search for an adtrw mod is going well. sources have informed me the top eight posters are on their fourth round of phone interviews for the position

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They can't let Plutonis do it even though he apparently knows everything and reads every thread because he's not enough of a sex criminal to fit in with the mod team

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm not sure I can trust someone who reads every thread. There's some rough threads out there.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Guess who caught the 'Rona!!!

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Mirage posted:

It's usually:

+ First team does a few chapters and then inexplicably vanishes into the ether
+ Another team comes in after several months of inactivity, assumes it's been dropped, and starts scanslating the backlog
+ After the second team gets into a comfortable groove, first team suddenly pops back in and gets all pissy that "someone else is doing OUR manga, how dare they"
+ Second team gets flak from the community for being snipers, gets pissed off, and pulls all their stuff

The second team may or may not just give up and leave manga forever after this.

You forgot the final step of "first team fucks off again until a third team unaware of the drama picks up the project. go back to step 3."

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Plutonis posted:

Guess who caught the 'Rona!!!

Me and presumably also you

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

boo this probe

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

ibram gaunt more like ibram gay guy

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Someone give stair back his proper avatar..He's acting out.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Stairmaster posted:

ibram gaunt more like ibram gay guy

Look we all know that Rawne is gay for Gaunt but Gaunt is too nice a guy to shatter his dreams, he's just looking for the right moment to let him down easy.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Someone give stair back his proper avatar..He's acting out.

gently caress you this is my original avi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Stairmaster posted:

gently caress you this is my original avi

I said proper. Not original. You are Jailed Catchuli or disintegrating Liz - I don't make the rules.