Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

drk posted:

Bitcoin Jesus is a citizen of the world and no man may sieze His assets

I have a long-standing disagreement with Bitcoin Jesus on this issue, there are so many more attractive assets out there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

PhazonLink posted:

I somehow missed the detail of the buttcoin neighbor asking for the goon's kid's PII. Dude you need to get way more harsh and firm.

Your kids hypothetical credit score and stuff could be damaged before their 18/adults. loving scream you will break their kneecaps. Also when you can, you should get them a secure/student card and then tell them to treat it like a debit card and try to sow the seeds of smart personal fin/banking and hopefully reap a great credit score.

Reminds me of Kevin Rose from Tech Tv talking about going deep into credit card debt as a teen, but it was a Mervyn's card so all he could run the bill up on was silver tab jeans.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Flowers for QAnon posted:

A bunch of y’all keep confusing “shorts” and “puts”. Buying a put is a contract to buy an “equity” at a certain price, that has an expiry date. This is taking a short position, but is different than “shorting”, which is lending out the actual equity being discussed. Don’t do either on a crypto exchange, but especially don’t do it, if you don’t fully understand the mechanics of “shorting” or taking short positions.

Can you explain it in terms of Trading Places? That's really about as deep as my understanding of the market goes.

drk
Jan 16, 2005

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Can you explain it in terms of Trading Places? That's really about as deep as my understanding of the market goes.

They were trading commodity futures which is kinda similar to equity options: trading based on whether you think the price is going to be higher (bad crop report) or lower (good crop report) than a specific number at a future date

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021
Words that I think are dumb, part one:

Tradfi
Defi
Cex
HODL
Fintech
Doge
Stablecoin
dAPI

I'll post part two another time. Thanks for reading.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

PITY BONER posted:

Tradfi
Defi
Cex
HODL
Fintech
Doge
Stablecoin
dAPI

How the gently caress does "Blockchain" not top the list

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

PITY BONER posted:

Tradfi
Defi
Cex
HODL
Fintech
Doge
Stablecoin
dAPI

Leonardo Loredan, Doge of Venice, thinks you're dumb too

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Foxfire_ posted:

Leonardo Loredan, Doge of Venice, thinks you're dumb too

Our apologies to Count Nipplehat.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/Dalle2Pics/status/1541923711447695360?t=Ejr6KqaAEOE9kQRCWMNKCw&s=19

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

drk posted:

Blast from the past, I remember this guy had a kooky Bitcoin billboard in silicon valley back in like... 2012?

https://twitter.com/TheStalwart/status/1541834075685765125

So he escaped that dastardly mark karpeles’ clutches after all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP1YsMlrfF0

drk
Jan 16, 2005

Fate Accomplice posted:

So he escaped that dastardly mark karpeles’ clutches after all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP1YsMlrfF0

This has big "I'm being held against my will" energy

also, mount gocks

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
lmao

what's roger "deer in headlights" up to these days

lmao he's the debtor

Alan Smithee fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jun 29, 2022

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird

PITY BONER posted:

Tradfi
Defi
Cex
HODL
Fintech
Doge
Stablecoin
dAPI

Tradfi: When you take out a loan from a man in a powdered wig to launch an expedition to enslave and tear apart families

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Defindom

have your money controlled not by one dominatrix, but everyone with access to the blockchain

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

retvrn to tradfition

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

loses interest after 13

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Alan Smithee posted:

loses interest after 13

Also shits itself to get out of danger.

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Mooseontheloose posted:

Also shits itself to get out of danger.

Worthless in Vietnam.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Scrooge McDuck would not like Bitcoin because he only would want money he could swim in.

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird

bobjr posted:

Scrooge McDuck would not like Bitcoin because he only would want money he could swim in.

*dives into bitcoin vault, lands facefirst with a crunch*

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

bobjr posted:

Scrooge McDuck would not like Bitcoin because he only would want money

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The new DuckTales had a brief Bitcoin riff with the disturbingly spot-on techbro villain.

Heck, the whole plot of his introductory episode is basically a rugpull scam.

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jun 29, 2022

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

scrooge mcduck strikes me as a goldbug who only trusts hard currency. he hates the fed and wants the bretton woods system back

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
IIRC it's basically canon that the Money Bin isn't even the majority of Scrooge's wealth, he has tons in bank accounts and investments like a regular trillionaire, he just keeps all his physical assets that he personally earned in one place where he can enjoy literally swimming in it.

Comic book writers have put way too much thought into this, yes

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

What I want to know is what is Scrooge eating to make him dense enough to swim in gold.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

You ever hear the term "making GBS threads bricks"...? :wotwot:

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Very frustrating how shitcoin just hovers around ~20,250 for 4 straight hours.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Tunicate posted:

I like that the creator of the NFT term clearly wanted people to call them 'Nifty' and nobody did.

I was wondering if this was true or not and it turns out it is!

Dapper Labs, the company behind the original NFT “Crypto Kitties”, tried to trademark the name “NIFTYS”. Ironically this is likely the very reason that this name didn’t catch on (the application was eventually abandoned)

https://twitter.com/ronmartinez/status/1027649351647219712?s=21&t=iMz46Pf3bZsZOG8XH3mMLg

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

FCKGW posted:

I was wondering if this was true or not and it turns out it is!

Dapper Labs, the company behind the original NFT “Crypto Kitties”, tried to trademark the name “NIFTYS”. Ironically this is likely the very reason that this name didn’t catch on (the application was eventually abandoned)

https://twitter.com/ronmartinez/status/1027649351647219712?s=21&t=iMz46Pf3bZsZOG8XH3mMLg

A nifty jiff of an ape.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Has anyone somehow worked in the term "japes" (short for jpeg apes)

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Unperson_47 posted:

Very frustrating how shitcoin just hovers around ~20,250 for 4 straight hours.

highly suggest closing any open tabs on this and never checking it again. When the fall happens, it won't be because you were obsessively keeping an eye on the ticker. The volatility and manipulation mean you are going to lose your mind long before the collapse happens.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Unperson_47 posted:

Has anyone somehow worked in the term "japes" (short for jpeg apes)

sounds like a good opportunity to re invent the wheel in a solved area.

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
grape ape nft when. cowards

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Does anyone want to start a new NFT called "Rugged Apes" with me??

"You're a real ape, a true diamond hand kong. You know it in your heart. So why don't they?
Luckily, a new ape is here. One that can show the world just how tough you are. The Rugged Ape. The first ape that even your grandma can look at and understand, finally, that you're a true, ride-or-die believer in the ecosystem. Ladies love a man who makes a statement - so why not make this yours?
BEWARE: [All Holders Must Be RUGGED!!!](jagged lines text bubble)
[imgcopy- a rugged ape, dirt smeared on its face. Scars, scuffs, scrapes, stubble, dirt cloud like a depression era hobo. It's been through a lot. It fights for its own. It survives because it believes in itself]"

And then you can just tell the SEC you literally told them a million times and they'll go :hmmyes:

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

When it's crypto, it's called "sharting".

Shart juice

drk
Jan 16, 2005

Bobcats posted:

grape ape nft when. cowards

every possible ape nft exists hundreds of times over

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

drk posted:

every possible ape nft exists hundreds of times over

lmao

they've managed to produce an NFT series so ugly that not even NFT bros want any part of it.

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021
Gotta get that rare Starry Night background so you know it's art.

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
is there a Real Apetm nft that is abbreviated to rape

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,

Piggy Smalls posted:

Well goons it all came to a head today. Nugen Coin talk here. My neighbor called to let me know she absolutely had to talk to me today. Nugen is about to go live June 30th and I have to do kyc forms so that the coins under my kids aren’t lost.

I stood my ground staring to my neighbor that had they bought me a lawnmower would I be obligated to use the lawnmower on their time schedule? Why is a gift to me regulated by them? Why not give the gift and go their own way? My neighbor had a retort. “What if I bought you a wonderful steak dinner and you refused to eat it? I bought the Nugen coin for you and the family and you are letting it to to waste.”

He told me that if I didn’t give my ID for the KYC paperwork Then it’s as if I didn’t accept his gift. I told him A gift is a gift regardless of how the gift is used.

As an aside he logs into our “gift” account and prints out papers on how the value is shooting up. The dude is addicted to this whole thing and is addicted to micromanaging his “gift” to us.

I was proud of myself for not giving in.

actually all the advice you got from teh thread is wrong and you should do as your neighbor asks. the money is just around corner over here come look its just around this wall oh u dont see it? just walk a little further its right there just over that thing right over there