Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

3hands posted:

What’s the best creative way to profit off of crypto with protection from big daddy fiat? Tesla puts? I’m ready to gamble a bit just so I can brag someday about profiting off of this con collapsing. Also I can’t stand Musk.

Buy a graphics card for below MSRP. Unfortunately all your profits will be in the form of fps.

Sorry, I thought you meant "safest" instead of "most creative"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

56th Motorized Infantry 'Mariupol' Brigade
Seh' die Welt in Trummern liegen

3hands posted:

What’s the best creative way to profit off of crypto with protection from big daddy fiat? Tesla puts? I’m ready to gamble a bit just so I can brag someday about profiting off of this con collapsing. Also I can’t stand Musk.
You can't, it's too unpredictable and manipulated.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Wow how can I live with myself missing out on this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and being so owned I did not touch the Currency Of The Future?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

Neito posted:

I picture it like this: You're really tired, so you chug a Monster Peachy Keen Zero Sugar. That wakes you up a bit and you can go a bit further, but it can't replace sleep. It'll keep you from crashing, but eventually time makes fools of us all.
I'm dumb and still not sure I get it.

So the bitcoin price is, say, $20k, but the powers that be want it to be higher, so they buy a bunch of bitcoin off some rubes for $24k a pop using fake money, so that now they can say 'hey, the price is $24k!'. And they're hoping that this makes the price carry on going up and that a bunch of those rubes then use their fake money to buy their bitcoins back, both reducing the exchange's fake-money 'exposure' and hopefully making a little profit from the sale along the way if the price has indeed gone up...the problem is that, if all the rubes they've sold fake-money to come running asking to buy back their dirty fiat with their fake money, there's not actually anything there backing it and they're hosed?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

3hands posted:

Make your own crypto ATM and charge exorbitant fees to use it.

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

3hands posted:

Forget it Jake, it's conclowntown.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

They don't buy anything, exchanges just get their bots to use the exchanges own money to buy the exchanges own coins to move the price how they like. Painting the tape is illegal in real stock markets but the crypto world is the wild west so you can do no end of investment fraud.

The infamous "small Bart" patterns are prime indicators of this - prices jump up by a thousand or so to wipe overlevereged short positions and pocket the money, then drop back down to the original price to wipe the longs who just bought in on the """pump""". Very easy to do when you're *checks notes* running the exchange and can see the entire order book and people's positions.

3hands
Feb 23, 2018

You people are too risk adverse. Tesla puts it is. Now stand back and watch me time the market.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah if they were buying coins legit then new money would be injected so that’s not what they are doing

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Drone_Fragger posted:

The infamous "small Bart" patterns

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

3hands posted:

You people are too risk adverse. Tesla puts it is. Now stand back and watch me time the market.

For a serious answer, Coinbase puts. Although you're about 3 months too late to become rich off that.

Still waiting for NFTs to somehow be shoehorned into the regular public markets next. Maybe have a couple more senators explain how people's 401Ks auto-investing into mutual funds that collect apes as their business model is good for retirement.

Rad Russian fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jun 29, 2022

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Drone_Fragger posted:

They don't buy anything, exchanges just get their bots to use the exchanges own money to buy the exchanges own coins to move the price how they like. Painting the tape is illegal in real stock markets but the crypto world is the wild west so you can do no end of investment fraud.

The infamous "small Bart" patterns are prime indicators of this - prices jump up by a thousand or so to wipe overlevereged short positions and pocket the money, then drop back down to the original price to wipe the longs who just bought in on the """pump""". Very easy to do when you're *checks notes* running the exchange and can see the entire order book and people's positions.

Are you suggesting binance buying 2 billion in btc off of itself when the price hit the 18000s last week was in some way not above board?!?!?!?

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021
Ryder Ripps, the guy behind the push to get BAYC labeled as 4chan white supremacy club, is being sued for his website (posted in this thread multiple times) "slandering" BAYC and then for selling his own BAYC knock-offs (the ones that Philion's dumb rear end was promoting). I am curious to see where the courts rule on this, as this may set a precedent for make NFTs less valuable as a speculative asset.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/6/28/23184747/bored-apes-yuga-labs-ryder-ripps-lawsuit-trademark-infringement

quote:

The company behind Bored Ape Yacht Club has sued conceptual artist Ryder Ripps for selling duplicates of its Bored Ape non-fungible tokens or NFTs. The lawsuit, filed in a California court this weekend, accuses Ripps of a “calculated, intentional, and willful” scheme to damage BAYC while promoting his own copycat work.

Ripps and Yuga Labs have been at odds for months, in part because of Ripps’ RR/BAYC NFT series. The series used BAYC images but connected them with a different crypto token and sold them for the equivalent of around $200 apiece, a bargain compared to the real thing, which currently sell for around $100,000 on the low end. “This is no mere monkey business. It is a deliberate effort to harm Yuga Labs at the expense of consumers by sowing confusion about whether these RR/BAYC NFTs are in some way sponsored, affiliated, or connected to Yuga Labs’ official Bored Ape Yacht Club,” says the lawsuit.
As far as I understand, Ripps was copy-pasting BAYC AI-created monkey images and then selling them under his own brand after adding fake curator numbers and info, all to make a quick buck from (I guess) people who prefer Great Value apes versus name-brand.

quote:

Ripps (who has also sold original NFTs) described his work as a twist on appropriation art, exploring “the power of NFTs to change meaning, establish provenance, and evade censorship.” He’s run similar projects before, including selling a slightly modified version of a CryptoPunk designed to poke fun at the series. “The lawsuit grossly mischaracterizes the RR/BAYC project,” he said in a statement on Twitter, asserting that buyers were explicitly informed they weren’t buying an official Bored Ape.
Since he has done this a few times before, I can't blame the dude for trying to cash out on NFT idiots, though he may just be another piece of poo poo like the rest (see more below).

quote:

Ripps’ work — among other copycat NFTs — has raised questions about how copyright law should apply to crypto art. And Ripps references the fact that BAYC copyright terms seem somewhat confusing and contradictory. But this suit doesn’t accuse Ripps of copyright infringement. So, rather than offering an early look at how courts will treat that issue, it will hinge on factors like whether Ripps was legitimately confusing people with his work — or whether people were buying into the project specifically because it wasn’t BAYC.
Again, I am curious to see where this goes because if it rules in favor of Ripps it could open up a slew of copy-paste copycats which could tank the NFT industry as a whole.

As far as Ripps goes, the name sounded familiar to me, so I googled and:

https://www.insider.com/azealia-banks-ryder-ripps-breakup-engagement-nft-sex-tape-2021-3

quote:

Rapper Azealia Banks and artist Ryder Ripps have ended their engagement after three weeks, according to Banks' Instagram stories.

Following the widely publicized sale of their audio sex tape as an NFT, or non-fungible token, on March 6, the couple spent the weekend making public swipes at each other on Instagram. An NFT is a non-exchangeable digital asset — in this case, an audio file — authenticated with blockchain technology.

Vice reported that the audio sex tape originally sold for 10 ETH, the native cryptocurrency on the Ethereum blockchain platform, which translated to roughly $17,000 at the time. The NFT was purchased by an anonymous buyer named Rulton Fyder, which many have speculated might be artist Richard Prince. After obtaining the rights to the tape, Fyder listed the NFT on Rarible for $150,000 ETH, which equated to approximately $260 million as of Monday afternoon.
I remember laughing my rear end off at this story last year, since it is so on-brand for Azealia. From what I understand, the two barely knew each other before getting engaged and then selling an audio sextape NFT and then breaking up. IMO, it seemed like a planned marketing ploy, but Banks refutes that:

quote:

The Harlem-native rapper, 29, posted a series of Instagram stories on Saturday claiming that she didn't originally want to make the tape and that it became a source of dispute for the couple.
Either way, Ripps just seems like another typical get-rich-quick crypto conman "artist" out to make as many bucks as he can from the crypto space. If he's willing to get engaged to a crazy person to sell an NFT, sell copy-paste NFTs to grab a buck, and spend a year telling everyone that BAYC is racist (which I personally agree with) only to sell the exact same images and promote their same imagery to make money, then maybe this dude is also just as lovely as every other scum bag in the defi world.

Also,

quote:

Banks is no stranger to controversy. She's been embroiled in many scandals including most recently when she announced her engagement on social media and wrote "I'm Jewish now." One commenter responded, "It doesn't work like that" and she shot back with a transphobic rant.

She also made headlines after seemingly posting a video of herself digging up her dead cat's remains and seemingly boiling it into a soup.

Edit:

General Bullshit > Bitcoin: This is no mere monkey business

PITY BONER fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jun 29, 2022

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

3hands posted:

Don't touch the poop. Even if you profit, you still get poo poo on your hands.

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!

3hands posted:

Don't do it. Remember the lesson of this guy: https://youtu.be/qKXrVriacUM

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

toiletbrush posted:

So the bitcoin price is, say, $20k, but the powers that be want it to be higher, so they buy a bunch of bitcoin off some rubes for $24k a pop using fake money, so that now they can say 'hey, the price is $24k!'. And they're hoping that this makes the price carry on going up and that a bunch of those rubes then use their fake money to buy their bitcoins back, both reducing the exchange's fake-money 'exposure' and hopefully making a little profit from the sale along the way if the price has indeed gone up...the problem is that, if all the rubes they've sold fake-money to come running asking to buy back their dirty fiat with their fake money, there's not actually anything there backing it and they're hosed?

Pretty much. A lot of this is a greater-fool scam, and they're just looking for a greater fool because they were the greater fool to someone earlier in the line, and earlier they were, going all the way back to Crazy Jed's Discount Magic Online Cards and Bitcoin Emporium. Each round, everyone involved gets a little stupider and a little more desperate to get their money back. Eventually it'll just be the last two angry hodlers in a wal-mart parking lot fighting over a pack of Great Value brand peppermints.

They can also do what's called "wash trading", where they sell it to their own sockpuppets for inflated prices (or, more likely, SAY that they did).

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah if they were buying coins legit then new money would be injected so that’s not what they are doing

I mean it costs exchanges nothing to buy and sell their own coins on their own exchanges, using their own reserves. They don't even need to buy and sell with real money or real coins, they can straight up fraud the entire thing since all the transactions are off chain, lol.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

dead scat bounce
bad shat bounce
sad shat clowns

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Cyrano4747 posted:

Pretty much. A common problem for new companies is that they don't have the cash flow to pay for top talent. So usually they'll try to make it up in other ways. Most famously the early dot com stuff (before venture capital went balls deep on the tech industry) did that a LOT. Sometimes you ended up with a shitload of shares of Pets.com, but sometimes you were one of the guys who got a fuckload of pre-IPO Google or Amazon. Those people became rich beyond their wildest dreams of avarice and are basically the roll models for all these crypto tech bros. That's the whole appeal - get in way early on the ground floor and get yourself catapulted clear past the middle class, over the merely "rich", and into the stratosphere of people who fly on private jets.

Two things to note: I don't think any of the early tech companies did 100% stock compensation because, you know, people have to eat. It's just that they payed them less than they could get by going to an established tech company. $BIG_SALARY at Microsoft or $MEDIUM_SALARY+STOCKS at Google in 1998? I dunno, I'm sure that SOMEONE did full stock compensation as the tech bubble really got going around 2000, but I doubt those are the sort of companies that ever made it.

The other - and I may be wrong about this - is that I'm pretty sure the modern day firehose of VC capital means that even startups can pay their computer touchers more or less market rates, which in turn means that most of the really juicy stock options are held back for the investors. Stock options are still a thing, but at lest in my understanding where they are today is nothing like what the situation was in the late 90s.

edit: that's also why crypto appeals so much not only to poor people desperate to escape the bottom 50% of our economy, but also to crypto bros who have decent middle class jobs. They were born too late to be the Joe Software Engineer who got pre-IPO google, and that opportunity doesn't really exist any more in the same way. Hence Crypto, the thing that they are telling themselves they're in on the ground floor of and that if it takes off they can ride to similar riches.

I can speak to this somewhat directly, because I was a computer toucher in the Bay Area through the OG dot-com crash, and am still in the same computer-toucher arena today.
During the heady days of the dot-com boom, yes computer janitor types were getting crap-to-OK salaries and loving absurd stock options. I knew a group of guys (iirc they were all goons) who basically lived off Top Ramen paycheck to paycheck, gambling that this one was going to be :airquote: The One :airquote: to hit big on an IPO. I dont know of any dev types who were hired on 100% options, but I can think of one specific company where a bunch of devs left Netscape and they all worked 100% for stock. I don't think the company was successful... :smith:

These days... startups pay a premium for engineering talent because nobody wants to deal with startup bullshit. There are stock options, and they're considerable if/when a company goes public or is acquired, but nothing close to what I saw in the dot-com days.

Also I'd assume that all of these people either are or were involved with crypto at some point.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I know I'm super late about the last discussion about nft game things about playing as luigi in red dead 2 without mods but didn't gmod and/or pokemon accomplish the same thing many years ago

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Adolf Glitter posted:

Went down the ole rabbit hole wondering about the guy that paid 69 million for the beeple nft, and I ended up at a "crypto academy" that he seems to have interests in. One of their YouTube videos caught my eye as it had less views (403, lol) than something my kid uploaded trying to mod minecraft.
I started making an edit, but gently caress, it's only 4 minutes long. It has some nice hard coded subs for insta-memes

He'll probably be fine whatever happens, unlike the story I read today about people escaping Ukraine and desperately putting all their money in crypto to avoid getting robbed. That is loving bleak. Can't wait until this poo poo dies and burns for good

truebeliever.avi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v6fBYhafNA

The guy who "bought" the Beeple NFT just so happened to have massive amounts of the special token that was used to make the NFT in the first place. Beeple also had a ton of the token. The whole thing was a straw sale done to pump the poo poo out of the token as the way to NFT your arts, and it worked fantastically since both of them offloaded an assload of the token which had jumped like 200x.

Yes, the entire NFT fad was kicked off by a blatantly obvious insider sale which was coordinated as part of a pulp and dump. It has been a scam from Ape to Lazy.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

EorayMel posted:

I know I'm super late about the last discussion about nft game things about playing as luigi in red dead 2 without mods but didn't gmod and/or pokemon accomplish the same thing many years ago

I mean,the point's not to be feesable or even the first; it's to give some airy, happy-sounding thing that sounds good on a prospectus and gets another bag-holder to hold a bag. No thought beyond "that sounds cool" has ever entered into the process.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Shifty Pony posted:

The guy who "bought" the Beeple NFT just so happened to have massive amounts of the special token that was used to make the NFT in the first place. Beeple also had a ton of the token. The whole thing was a straw sale done to pump the poo poo out of the token as the way to NFT your arts, and it worked fantastically since both of them offloaded an assload of the token which had jumped like 200x.

Yes, the entire NFT fad was kicked off by a blatantly obvious insider sale which was coordinated as part of a pulp and dump. It has been a scam from Ape to Lazy.

Oh yeah, for sure. I should have said 'acquired' perhaps. I was mainly laughing at the fact it was all ephemeral bullshit, and the numbers are fantasy
I didn't know that beeple was tokened up. That's a shame as he seemed OK the few times I saw him interviewed in the past.

YerDa Zabam fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jun 29, 2022

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Cyrano4747 posted:

Stock options are still a thing, but at lest in my understanding where they are today is nothing like what the situation was in the late 90s.

Yeah, pretty much this.

For FAANGs and other big tech, engineer comp is still more stock than salary, but almost all of them now do RSUs instead of options -- they just straight up give you shares of stock at regular increments, and their value at issuing time is counted as W-2 income.

If you think your company's stock value is going to be pretty stable, you can hold onto them and treat it as a longer-term investment, or at least an inflation hedge; if you're not feeling hot about your company long-term, most of them have an auto-sale program that just immediately sells the stock as soon as you get it, so it's just a slightly variable second salary that you put into SPY / your mattress / whiskey addiction as you see fit.

It's not the sort of "gamble on becoming a millionaire" thing that options used to be. That's largely limited to questionable startups atm.

3hands
Feb 23, 2018

lmao Gates has a ~$500 million short position against Tesla

billionaire fight! billionaire fight! :sickos: :munch: :f5:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

toiletbrush posted:

Time to break out the pic again.

Yes, crypto is that stupid. You are not explaining it wrong.

This is financial crimes 101. The kind of thing that was rampant in the 19th century. And it's all over crypto. Don't worry, though. They've stopped the bank runs by telling people who want real cash that they can't have their money. So everything is just peachy.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

3hands posted:

There's a really great investment opportunity here, and a bunch more ways to get actual value from your worthless fiat here.

drk
Jan 16, 2005

3hands posted:

$MSTR puts would've been better since they are basically just a bitcoin holding company, but yeah you kinda missed most of the potential gains on that trade

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

PITY BONER posted:

Ryder Ripps, the guy behind the push to get BAYC labeled as 4chan white supremacy club, is being sued for his website (posted in this thread multiple times) "slandering" BAYC and then for selling his own BAYC knock-offs (the ones that Philion's dumb rear end was promoting). I am curious to see where the courts rule on this, as this may set a precedent for make NFTs less valuable as a speculative asset.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/6/28/23184747/bored-apes-yuga-labs-ryder-ripps-lawsuit-trademark-infringement

As far as I understand, Ripps was copy-pasting BAYC AI-created monkey images and then selling them under his own brand after adding fake curator numbers and info, all to make a quick buck from (I guess) people who prefer Great Value apes versus name-brand.

Since he has done this a few times before, I can't blame the dude for trying to cash out on NFT idiots, though he may just be another piece of poo poo like the rest (see more below).

Again, I am curious to see where this goes because if it rules in favor of Ripps it could open up a slew of copy-paste copycats which could tank the NFT industry as a whole.

As far as Ripps goes, the name sounded familiar to me, so I googled and:

https://www.insider.com/azealia-banks-ryder-ripps-breakup-engagement-nft-sex-tape-2021-3

I remember laughing my rear end off at this story last year, since it is so on-brand for Azealia. From what I understand, the two barely knew each other before getting engaged and then selling an audio sextape NFT and then breaking up. IMO, it seemed like a planned marketing ploy, but Banks refutes that:

Either way, Ripps just seems like another typical get-rich-quick crypto conman "artist" out to make as many bucks as he can from the crypto space. If he's willing to get engaged to a crazy person to sell an NFT, sell copy-paste NFTs to grab a buck, and spend a year telling everyone that BAYC is racist (which I personally agree with) only to sell the exact same images and promote their same imagery to make money, then maybe this dude is also just as lovely as every other scum bag in the defi world.

Also,

Edit:

General Bullshit > Bitcoin: This is no mere monkey business

I cannot let mention of Azealia Banks go by without posting her greatest hits. She went off after Musky tried to get her in a three way with Grimes and then proceeded to fall all over himself on shrooms for the first time or I can't remember exactly what but here you go:
  • "The nerve of these crackheads to think I would put my fully human lips on them"
  • "This trash rear end beta male pig"
  • "He’s ugly. The thin grey lips and froggy eyelids. Un-uniformed hair growth pattern. Pork skin"

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Azealia Banks is definitely someone I would never want to get on the bad side of.

Love some of her tunes though!

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
She’s living in her own personal reality show

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021

greazeball posted:

I cannot let mention of Azealia Banks go by without posting her greatest hits. She went off after Musky tried to get her in a three way with Grimes and then proceeded to fall all over himself on shrooms for the first time or I can't remember exactly what but here you go:
  • "The nerve of these crackheads to think I would put my fully human lips on them"
  • "This trash rear end beta male pig"
  • "He’s ugly. The thin grey lips and froggy eyelids. Un-uniformed hair growth pattern. Pork skin"

She is definitely my favorite famous insane person, even if she is highly racist and prejudiced against pretty much everyone that isn't her (to the point where it seems like everyone is equally trash to her). I remember I tried summarizing some of her top antics to my zoomer niece, and at some point I was like "wait, there's a lot more."

However, this is the first time I've heard about the Elon thing. That owns that she immediately put that dude on blast and shamed him for it.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

https://twitter.com/SallyMayweather/status/1541979346210013185

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021
There was a post with a tweet from Radio Shack in the trump thread, I thought Radio Shack was dead. Well it's dead to me now at least.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

lmao

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

My toolkit I use for computer/tech repair is Radioshack branded and I bought it in about 2000-2001 and I still use it. That's my Radioshack story. Also my first computer I ever had was a Tandy 1000 (Radioshack model) that I got handed down by a relative in the early 90s.

Let's all remember the good times we had with Radioshack.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

https://twitter.com/aaschapiro/status/1542281722540220416?s=21&t=XVx5hYhI8dIpor8gS0dKUg

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Lmao, just lmao.

It’s like every single bullet point the crypto bros put in favour of this poo poo has been systematically debunked one by one.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

LMAO, zomg so decentralized and anonymous, really the future of finance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

Piggy Smalls posted:

Well goons it all came to a head today. Nugen Coin talk here. My neighbor called to let me know she absolutely had to talk to me today. Nugen is about to go live June 30th and I have to do kyc forms so that the coins under my kids aren’t lost.

I stood my ground staring to my neighbor that had they bought me a lawnmower would I be obligated to use the lawnmower on their time schedule? Why is a gift to me regulated by them? Why not give the gift and go their own way? My neighbor had a retort. “What if I bought you a wonderful steak dinner and you refused to eat it? I bought the Nugen coin for you and the family and you are letting it to to waste.”

He told me that if I didn’t give my ID for the KYC paperwork Then it’s as if I didn’t accept his gift. I told him A gift is a gift regardless of how the gift is used.

As an aside he logs into our “gift” account and prints out papers on how the value is shooting up. The dude is addicted to this whole thing and is addicted to micromanaging his “gift” to us.

I was proud of myself for not giving in.

This has been an entertaining story and I hope you keep continue to keep us updated on developments, but in terms of actual advice: stop being polite and engaging with these people. Ignore their emails, ignore their calls, don't answer the door for them. They're trying to steal your children's identity for an MLM scheme, cut them the gently caress off.