Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
In case you were wondering, this week's challenge to stun 50 champions totally works if you stun one champion 50 times. Pop in the LLS, clear away the adds, and get to stunning. Barrier and overload champs preferred as they will heal themselves so there's no need to ever kill the champ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
just run patrols while you do nightmares

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

There was that one overload in aphelion's rest that was bugged last fall. I can't find any reference to it but my dumb memory wants to say it was caused by lobbing a duskfield grenade at them then hit them with an overload smg you'd get spammed with 15+ stun messages.

Of course that's not the lost sector today but I figured I'd put that out there.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Reaper Title is generally easy but doing FIFTY Nightmare Containments is a BIG ask, cripes

I'm at 32 and would be more than happy to never ever ever touch it again

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Lmao at cheating at the actual easiest possible activities

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Stop taking your dog to the beach and you'd have 50 completions.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Never!!!!!

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

xzzy posted:

There was that one overload in aphelion's rest that was bugged last fall. I can't find any reference to it but my dumb memory wants to say it was caused by lobbing a duskfield grenade at them then hit them with an overload smg you'd get spammed with 15+ stun messages.

Of course that's not the lost sector today but I figured I'd put that out there.

I’ve had this happen a few times with an overload champ in the third encounter of vow. didn’t seem to have any other effects going on besides me shooting it.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

That happens with frozen Overload champs in all activities, I’m sure it’s a known bug but who cares it’s not hurting anyone or trivializing anything

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I wish they'd fix it because it makes Overloads heal themselves really fast and it's annoying

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

fast cars loose anus posted:

I want the reaper title and it seems quite easily soloable but grinding rank 16 of that stupid crown makes me want to cry

xzzy posted:

Stop taking your dog to the beach and you'd have 50 completions.

These 2 work together real well if you spam the kill patrols while doing the containments. I hit rank 16 weeks ago

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Not exactly related but an amusing anecdote related to freezing overloads. In Master Caretaker, a new wave of adds spawn if the Obelesik is ever not "awaiting (someone's) offering" and Overloads get spawned every time a symbol is inputted if no overloads on map.

im 99% sure those are the triggers but it's been a while

The master challenge is Base Information. Input each symbol 1 by 1. This means if you do NOT go slow and have runners wait to input their symbol until the next has been picked up and you do NOT hold 1 champion by freezing it infinitely via using stasis turret warlocks as your 2 DPS slots each of your add clears will need to be frisky enough to straight murder 54 overload champions between them before they poop on the stunners over the course of the encounter while still clearing adds

Holding symbols helps but just the Champs alone can be v annoying.

9 symbols per floor
2 Champs per symbol
3 floors
Weeee

Strongly reccomend the warlock approach there although the group I did it first with just abused heavy ammo bc of last seasons finisher mod

The second group did the stasis thing and it seemed much easier bc they'd kill like 2 or 3 for heavy ammo bricks and hold

Waroduce fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jun 30, 2022

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Does it proc Revitalizing Blast every time when you rapid stasis stun a champion? Because I think if it did, that’s a cool bug

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Revitalizing blast is the coolest thing ever. It makes champions my biggest ad clearing mechanic in lost sectors.

One thing I do wish (and maybe I’m just totally missing the mechanic how) is that each season’s artifact gives some really awesome synergizing class item mods that make the element classes really pop. I mean, void 3.0 is still cool and all, but it doesn’t feel half as awesome as when we had the class item mods that did all the awesome explodey stuff. I think Solar 3.0 is going to be hurting just as well when the artifact departs. No more revitalizing blasts, amazing radiance/restoration usage or Solar exotics making wells. Kinda sucks tbh that there isn’t some mechanic (that I know of) to permanently unlock some of these mods?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Volatile Rounds is still in the game and is stupidly easy to proc, it just seems less insane because Solar is just at good at exploding entire rooms of aliens now. There isn’t anything you can’t do this season that you could do last season, and Solar will be just as explodey and sustainy next season as well equip Arc classes to run super fast or whatever

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

I know people have had issues with how subclasses have been reworked but personally, as a Hunter main, I've loved how they've been done and the unique personalities they've got. Stasis is very much a control thing with slows, freeze, crystals, etc. Void is being sneaky and lining up the right combo with volatile Rounds etc, especially if you use the slammy thing to make everyone vulnerable. Solar is buffs on buffs and massive damage. Acrobat dodge, melee giving radiant, etc, all create this constant buff.

Weirdly when I play Solar Hunter (a lot recently) I love making sure my teammates get that tasty radiance, which is almost always with how many ways I can proc it. Hunter but team player? What the hell.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

syntaxfunction posted:

I know people have had issues with how subclasses have been reworked but personally, as a Hunter main, I've loved how they've been done and the unique personalities they've got. Stasis is very much a control thing with slows, freeze, crystals, etc. Void is being sneaky and lining up the right combo with volatile Rounds etc, especially if you use the slammy thing to make everyone vulnerable. Solar is buffs on buffs and massive damage. Acrobat dodge, melee giving radiant, etc, all create this constant buff.

Weirdly when I play Solar Hunter (a lot recently) I love making sure my teammates get that tasty radiance, which is almost always with how many ways I can proc it. Hunter but team player? What the hell.

It's kind of hilarious that acrobatic dodge gets replaced by one fragment and gambler's dodge though

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah this is definitely my Hunter Main season, which is funny because I was so ready for it to be all Titan 24/7, but their build is just so linear. Hunters can be anywhere, doing anything, with 100% uptime on all their abilities. I’ve been running a wide variety of loadouts with fun stuff like Tarrabah and Prometheus Lens because my neutral kit is so strong. Absolutely loving my flippy knife ninja!!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Roctavian posted:

Does it proc Revitalizing Blast every time when you rapid stasis stun a champion? Because I think if it did, that’s a cool bug
Has anyone worked out / clarified what a shield stun is and what clearing it does yet?

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Has anyone worked out / clarified what a shield stun is and what clearing it does yet?

I thiiiink "shield stun" is a term for the duration of time before the upper part of your health bar starts regenerating. I don't think the mod heals any of the last chunk of your health that is "under" your shields.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

Roctavian posted:

I thiiiink "shield stun" is a term for the duration of time before the upper part of your health bar starts regenerating. I don't think the mod heals any of the last chunk of your health that is "under" your shields.

This is right. Simply put, if your health bar is red, it does nothing. If your health bar is white, stunning a champ starts your health regeneration immediately, basically eliminating any remaining delay. If you take additional damage, the effect drops off and you have your full recovery-based delay before your health will start regenerating. This is distinctly different from Restoration, which isn't interrupted by subsequent incoming damage. It also doesn't notify you in the buff/debuff feed on the left as far as I can tell. I don't think it heals at all, just eliminates the remaining delay, sort of mitigating the delay aspect of running low recovery. I don't know what it does to the regen rate, if anything.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
If that's correct it doesn't seem to be different from the dozen other things described as "triggers shield regeneration" so why is there a new term for it

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Because you actually want to behave differently as a player when one regen can be canceled by damage & one regen can't, and because I bet somebody wearing a suit prevented the developers from naming the buffs "lovely regen" and "OP regen."

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
I personally liked void more than I like solar, though being an immortal god titan is great and makes me laugh constantly.

I do wish I liked Stasis Titan more, but I don't find it fun to play as it feels like it hits like a limp noodle compared to everything else. I still have the following quests incomplete in my quest log:

* Umbral Duty (39%)
* Umbral Flames (33%)
* Timeless Victory (88%)
* Umbral Conquest (88%)
* Umbral Plunder (61%)
* Umbral Schemes (74%)

I said to myself last night that I had nothing else to do so maybe I'd hop into some Cru and finish off Timeless Victory. I need 2 Stasis Essences, which I need to kill frozen guardians and I'm just not getting it. I also need Crystalline Formations for Umbral Conquest which requires I slow and kill a guardian, which I'm not getting.

Maybe I just need to wait for MoCo or Mayhem to do these. But it sucks because I've got no memory fragments to spend so statis is just incomplete on my titan. DOUBLE sucks that I need to redo this whole grind on my warlock too (which is worse because I actually think stasis warlock is fun).

Am I just doing stasis titan wrong?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Definitely wait for Mayhem. Titan stasis has very few options for instantly freezing someone on command, you have to pop your super, stick with the heavy attack, and hope someone gets frozen before they get exploded from all the other poo poo flying around

Bungie does a very bad job of updating quests to track balance changes so some of those steps used to be a lot easier

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The opposite, actually.. all of those quests used to be substantially harder

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Some of them had their step targets reduced but then anything involving ability kills in crucible became much harder after

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
All told, unlocking Stasis on a character takes about a week of normal play. Sitting down to unlock the entire stasis tree in one or two sittings is just asking for pain

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I was in the same boat until I was able to pop some Fragments and now Hoarfrost/Agers Scepter with the slide to break ice is absolutely my poo poo.

Can also use Diamond Lance for the extra slots and bring in a wave GL to help break ice too.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Do Caitl and Zavala get married next season?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Do Caitl and Zavala get married next season?

He's gonna have to start a regimen of fallen steroids to get big enough to handle her.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I don't know about that, he's already hiding some powerful tusk

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I like the implication of their relationship being one of two incredibly old & tired people who are completely alone in their valiant leadership finding common ground and companionship together, a warrior’s love.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

haveblue posted:

I don't know about that, he's already hiding some powerful tusk

Just one, if yanno what I mean

edit: do we have any idea of what a natural Cabal lifespan is? We know at least Eliksni are long lived compared to normal humans

hiddenriverninja fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jun 30, 2022

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'm not sure age exists in the destiny universe, non-guardians exist as long as bungie wants them to and their ends are always violent.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Stasis Titan is incredibly strong, build around crystals, tectonic harvest and either howl of the storm or diamond lance - Lance was buffed to generate on stasis weapon kills too, on top of three fragments

Whisper of Fissures, Chains, Conduction, and either Rime or Hedrons (for overshield or absurd weapon and stat bonuses). You could swap Conduction for Shards if you want faster grenades, I often run heart of inmost light for ability spam (plus I'm lazy and tracking shards rule)

If you run Hoarfrost-Z instead, you can generate crystal walls with glacier grenade, slide melee AND barricade

Bring dead messenger or a wave gl or fighting lion or a breech gl, detonate all the crystals to blow up everything nearby with fissures, slurp up stasis shards for melee energy...

Then it just moves into turbo broken territory when you include mods (and/or agers scepter) - check out elemental charge, elemental shards, font of might, high energy fire, and you can trigger all that bullshit by breaking one crystal, and you have a free combat mod slot for many other useful effects

Really the only bad thing about stasis titan in pve is annoying your teammates with crystal spam (a plus depending on who you're playing with) and the super is kinda eh (agers conveniently solves this)

Pioneer42
Jun 8, 2010
So I just bought The Last Word last week, and here comes the new TWAB apparently nerfing it to dust. Now, I've picked up that there is some type of controller shenanigan going on and maybe that needed to be addressed, but I'm M&K and this just seems harsh at first reading.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Good. Fire TLW and Lorentz into the sun

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Who the hell is trying to do sick airborne headshots with whisper of the worm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Nerfs are just gonna shift the focus whatever the next cheesy weapon is so have fun whining about that for the next three months!