Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joke_explainer

now that cda’s banned I can finally return! After ten thousand years I’m
free!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis

Finger Prince posted:

The movie was called "Taxi a Gibraltar"

Thanks, got it saved to my viewing wish list!

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

treasure bear

so long dogcrash, until we meet again in posters' valhalla

Robot Made of Meat

I love me some jokes . . . EXPLAINED!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Robot Made of Meat

I also love GaG.

No matter what one thinks of certain things, I very much appreciate what GaG has been doing since modding BYOB. This is also true of Manifisto.

xcheopis

Robot Made of Meat posted:

I also love GaG.

No matter what one thinks of certain things, I very much appreciate what GaG has been doing since modding BYOB. This is also true of Manifisto.

baka of lathspell

cruft posted:

Heather Papps do you have any advice?

im not heather papps but quebecois francais is easy, just reach up and adjust the subtitles on your implant neurolink

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you know, i got to thinking that given silent library got picked up by mtv, i really wish they tried to pick up other games from downtown gaki no tsukai.

hell, just get a bunch of competitive segments (taste tests, batsu games, demon tag, fart-to-be-served dinners, no laughing specials, etc) and you have a slightly brainier version of jackass.

call it "the professionals," get syd dale's match play for the theme, see if johnny knoxville or steve-o wanna play, and goddamn if that wouldn't be a hit.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Bwee
Make me mod

nut

City of Glompton posted:

well, cya later byob

ah this loving sucks I will miss you cog and dct

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
i didnt learn poo poo from dct i'm just here to post

baka of lathspell

nut posted:

ah this loving sucks I will miss you cog and dct

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
I didn't see the thread in question, but I did see what happened in *this* thread and I thought GaG and Manifisto were extremely tolerant, putting up with like a day's worth of stuff that even a chimp moderator could recognize was intentionally out of place before finally treating it as too much.

I also didn't realize this was a prerequisite of joke_explainer returning, which means a ban should have happened months ago before anything even happened. :colbert:

nut

Robot Made of Meat posted:

I also love GaG.

Hyperlynx

barnold posted:

welcome leper colony tourists. dont forget to pet the hammock kitty

Hi! This does seem like a very nice place, and I'll stop and take a look around.

Since you like cats around here, here's mine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2gm8-Fu7tI

Stoner Sloth

Hyperlynx posted:

Hi! This does seem like a very nice place, and I'll stop and take a look around.

woah, that is an excellent kitty - pls tell them i said 'hi, i love you'

also welcome hello & chat!

Ass-penny

City of Glompton posted:

i remember when dct was real mean to us and told us we were not being funny. the criticism hurt! but it turns out he was right, and i appreciate the lesson that was learned, even if it didn't always stick. thanks dct.

well, cya later byob

I don't know who dct was/is but you had the best post in the verboten thread and should keep posting, if'n you feel safe and able to.

I liked some of the posts made by bad guy and their alts, too, tho not as much the recent ones ITT, and I had no idea all of those accounts were one person.

I only have one account, I own all of my lovely ideas/posts :colbert:

xcheopis

Hyperlynx posted:

Gorgeous cloud! :swoon:

Goons Are Gifts

Zil posted:

GaG, have you been training the ants to steal for you?

https://i.imgur.com/RKJA5CQ.mp4

:ninja:

cruft

cruft jr wants an account now. Stand by, it may take a few days.

Goons Are Gifts

You know, just to address the elephant in the room, neither mani nor me thought that the thread was some sort of crime or whatever. We didn't hit anyone, we didn't mash any buttons, we looked at it and chatted about it and saw, okay, sensitive topic but the posts are fine, yet some folks are feeling uncomfortable, which is just as fair and fine as people using humor to vent. To address both sides, we specifically did not gas or probe or whatever, but I went to bed because it was like 1am for me and mani decided it's better to close it for now, just to give everyone some room. A decision that I, actually, thought was quite fair and a good compromise, we wanted to talk about reopening it later, too.

It's not like we want to ban some sort of topic just because it happens to be dark or based on terrible politics and, you know, after a few years I hoped that this was obvious, especially for a two times former mod like dct. We wanted to give everyone some room and make sure a sensitive thread doesn't go boom over night. Dct has been throwing that posting clique and cabal thing at me for a while already and if anyone feels like that's what we're doing, I'm sorry, but there's no cloaks or secret hats involved. Just us trying to do the impossible.

I'm gonna be honest, that cancer comment hurt, for a variety of reasons. Please don't pretend you are nice to people because they happen to be sick. Neither here nor anywhere, neither my cancer nor me as a person needs anyone's play acting and I do not appreciate that kind of "help".
My PMs and my email is always open for anyone who feels like talking or complain about any decision or asking questions or just chatting! I'm serious, if you feel mistreated in any way or just want to know the reasoning behind something, feel free to ask. Or insult me if you feel the need or tell me about your latest breakfast, whatever goes.

That is the last comment I make on this entire thing, dct won't read it anyways. Let's just move on and have fun, or, if you feel like you can't have fun here, feel free to tell Manifisto or myself or any admin and we will openly talk it out and see that everyone feels seen, to the best of our abilities.

Now, I'm gonna watch some ants in a documentary!

Goons Are Gifts

I just can't use this expression without thinking about this scene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZh_ouQ8XEw

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
hello

xcheopis

Chat?

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Goons Are Great posted:

I just can't use this expression without thinking about this scene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZh_ouQ8XEw

I always knew there was a reason I liked you

Robot Made of Meat

Chat.

xcheopis

Welcome!

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
so i been out walking up on a big hill named POO POO POINT and there isn’t really a punch line there other than it was a big hike for me and my joints

then my hip got did in by an airplane

now i am BACK and still can’t stand up straight so the moral of the story is

there is a pee pee river out there

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

aldantefax posted:

there is a pee pee river out there

get in line pal

Radia

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
chat

Thank you Ohtori Akio for the incredible sig!! 😍

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

joke_explainer posted:

now that cda’s banned I can finally return! After ten thousand years I’m
free!!!

Hell yeah. Here's one to get ya started:

My dog has no nose. How does he smell? Terrible!

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Stoner Sloth

lurkers must :justpost:

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
the postes must flow

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Plant MONSTER.

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Give me the list of everyone in this clique

Manifisto

good morning (shadowy cab)all!

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Give me the list of everyone in this clique

1. plant monster confirmed for leader

ty nesamdoom!

Lor

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

you know, i got to thinking that given silent library got picked up by mtv, i really wish they tried to pick up other games from downtown gaki no tsukai.

hell, just get a bunch of competitive segments (taste tests, batsu games, demon tag, fart-to-be-served dinners, no laughing specials, etc) and you have a slightly brainier version of jackass.

call it "the professionals," get syd dale's match play for the theme, see if johnny knoxville or steve-o wanna play, and goddamn if that wouldn't be a hit.

Dude, you're so right, with the right people a lot of the segments would be so good. I love the Absolutely Tasty segments so much.

And 24 Hour Gym is a masterpiece of television and something I watch at least once a year. :yayclod:

Stoner Sloth

Manifisto posted:

post/av combo

biosterous

Manifisto posted:

1. plant monster confirmed for leader

my secret posting cabal (to which everyone is invited) is going to posting war to take plant monster's clique's posting territory :evilbuddy:

imo plant monster should join the winning team

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
Shadowy cabal gangtag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

by the way, we are suddenly seeing some names from byob past, and under better circumstances I'd be happy to see y'all posting again! I did a lot of lurking in my earlier days on byob so I'm afraid we probably did not interact directly as much as I might have liked, but certainly there are a lot of extremely funny folks who were always welcome here, and on the off chance a few of you might decide to stick around you remain welcome. posting styles and membership of the forum has changed over time, and within (uh) reasonable limits changing up and adding to what we are will always make this a better place. assuming you're willing to live with occasional and honestly mostly very light-handed moderating decisions, which hey moderators are always kinda sus right?

ty nesamdoom!