Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I'm not too worried about people just collecting bad guys as part of collecting a toy line, like nobody is going to worry that you're a supervillain for having a Skeletor, but real-life bad guys are kind of a poor basis for a toy, and also Star Wars fans who are a little too into Stormtroopers are suspect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Burkion posted:

There is one Hitler/swastika bearer that I would welcome into a collection with a caveat

The caveat is that he must be Rider Kicked or Rider Punched while on the shelf.

I've never actually seen a sofubi of Starfish Hitler, I'm not sure they exist.

For those not in the know, the original Kamen Rider bad guys were the remnants of the nazis using horrible science to do horrible things.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I've never actually seen a sofubi of Starfish Hitler, I'm not sure they exist.

For those not in the know, the original Kamen Rider bad guys were the remnants of the nazis using horrible science to do horrible things.

Not even like, fantastical Nazis.

The first major general was straight up a German Nazi Colonel, and he brought his former Nazi buddies to Japan to turn them into werewolves- until Kamen Rider dropped a mountain on their heads.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I'll always respect Kamen Rider because they originally were always about killing fascists.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I'll always respect Kamen Rider because they originally were always about killing fascists.

Is there an ANTIFA Kamen Rider for me to purchase?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Joe Fisto posted:

Pretty much all the Showa Era ones, technically. Kamen Rider 1 & 2, V3, X, Amazon, Stonger and so on

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Joe Fisto posted:

Gatos covered it but yeah, that's what Kamen Rider was born for. The whole thing is that Ex Nazi Scientists did human experiments, made cyborgs, and one of them, Kamen Rider, got loose and hosed their poo poo up.

And then that kept happening.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

Nanigans posted:

Reva was a great character, the actress ruled and the saber hasn’t funded because holy poo poo it’s $500 for a saber for a brand new character people haven’t even had two months to grow attached to.

I'm torn. The actress herself was fine, but the entire mythology of Star Wars to me was really a mix of Japanese lore in a Knights of the Round Table-style aesthetic. So my only real gripe with Reva was how her voice sounded a little too "2020's modern" compared to the rest of the cast. Stoic, kinda tired, worn out, world-weary is the way I would have described the majority of voices and acting from the rest of the actors. She definitely grew on me more nearing the end of the series though. Lot's of stuff she did made no loving sense though. Won't get into that though.

It was a much less extreme version of my issues with Hawkeye. Where Hawk-Girl's (or whatever) acting style was like a girl in a Nickleodeon Comedy and waiting for an audience laugh track, compared to everyone else playing the role with some gravitas and world-weariness. It really stands out. It's either one or the other.

Seems like a thing for Disney+ shows.

I also finally got my "grail" since Metal Gear Solid was one of my favorite video games in the world and somehow one of the least merchandised despite its large following. I'm waiting for the right GI Joe Classified unit to come out so I can kit bash it into a Solid Snake. The only back breaking thing here, is needing to build the damned thing. I've built Gundams before and, gotta admit, I kinda hated them all. But there is not better interpretation of Rex.. and I had so many positive memories connected to the series and particularly fighting this beast.

Coming Soon: 2025. LOL.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

With the lightsaber at only 25%.

I kind of wonder if anyone bothered to tell them that her saber would be largely ineffective 90% of the time AND would be completely discarded prior to the campaign ending. Like the Constable Zuvio boondoggle, but MUCH more expensive.

At least with the Razor Crest Haslab was lucky enough to cash the checks BEFORE it got blown up on screen and replaced.

funtax fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jun 30, 2022

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I dunno anything about this guy but he looks like he's so loving jazzed for his new jetski :3:

I HATED Reva as a character. The actress was loving amazing when they let her have actual lines instead of regular villain patter. I was happy she got a somewhat good ending, but holy loving poo poo I hated that bitch. That actress is awesome and I hope they get her to play the sister in the next black panther film. Rumor has it the other lady is some anti vax weirdo.

They already shot Black Panther 2 with Letitia Wright.

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

Jet Ready Go posted:

I'm torn. The actress herself was fine, but the entire mythology of Star Wars to me was really a mix of Japanese lore in a Knights of the Round Table-style aesthetic. So my only real gripe with Reva was how her voice sounded a little too "2020's modern" compared to the rest of the cast. Stoic, kinda tired, worn out, world-weary is the way I would have described the majority of voices and acting from the rest of the actors. She definitely grew on me more nearing the end of the series though. Lot's of stuff she did made no loving sense though. Won't get into that though.

It was a much less extreme version of my issues with Hawkeye. Where Hawk-Girl's (or whatever) acting style was like a girl in a Nickleodeon Comedy and waiting for an audience laugh track, compared to everyone else playing the role with some gravitas and world-weariness. It really stands out. It's either one or the other.

Seems like a thing for Disney+ shows.

I also finally got my "grail" since Metal Gear Solid was one of my favorite video games in the world and somehow one of the least merchandised despite its large following. I'm waiting for the right GI Joe Classified unit to come out so I can kit bash it into a Solid Snake. The only back breaking thing here, is needing to build the damned thing. I've built Gundams before and, gotta admit, I kinda hated them all. But there is not better interpretation of Rex.. and I had so many positive memories connected to the series and particularly fighting this beast.

Coming Soon: 2025. LOL.

Holy poo poo. I can’t see it properly on my phone but who made that and where did you get it?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's a kotobukiya kit. So it'll probably be at minimum fairly expensive and if it's an older kit have more-brittle-than-gunpla, often tedious assemblies, in my experience with their kits.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
https://twitter.com/yak_face/status/1542377070298292230?s=21&t=-wabG7dFHfVbiCTQyz7tUQ

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I think that’s the first Disney-era trooper I’ve just hated. The JFO Purge Trooper design was fine, this one is a blocky mess with a lovely Vader/Veers mullet.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

Bulgaroctonus posted:

Holy poo poo. I can’t see it properly on my phone but who made that and where did you get it?

Yeah feels like Cap got it right. It’s a Kotobukiya kit that has a billion more pieces than I expected. It was $80 so somewhat reasonable I’m the realm of this complexity.

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

It's a kotobukiya kit. So it'll probably be at minimum fairly expensive and if it's an older kit have more-brittle-than-gunpla, often tedious assemblies, in my experience with their kits.

Thanks! Have no idea what gunpla means, but whatever. Also can we, as a group, promise to never tell a woman to ‘calm down’? Not calling you or anyone else out but come on. We can do better.

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

Jet Ready Go posted:

Yeah feels like Cap got it right. It’s a Kotobukiya kit that has a billion more pieces than I expected. It was $80 so somewhat reasonable I’m the realm of this complexity.

That doesn’t seem unreasonable. I’ve been wanting a decent Snake forever anyone know who currently has the license? Cause holy poo poo figma after market prices. Debating getting an old school McFarlane though it sucks.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Just got a notice that the Final Fantasy 7 Jessie figure is ready to ship; that was the last one I actually ordered.

I went to see if any new ones were announced recently and, yep:

The ones with bikes are friggin' $325, and no way I'm dropping that kinda money, but they sure look cool. They offer Roche without the bike, but that seems a little wrong. The bike was most of his character. Without that, he's just a guy with a mullet. The prices on these guys tend to come down over time, and I might keep an eye on that one in case it ever drops to anything reasonable. I don't know where I'd put that bike, but if money were no object... I'd figure it out.

I'll probably end up buying the regular security officer. Cool design. (Speaking of toy fascists...) It's too bad army building isn't really feasible due to the cost and the sheer size of these figures.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I really like the Shinra officer design, it’s just very iconic to me. But I’ve already got Jessie with the bike coming and very little space left as it is in my FF7 PAK display (if it wasn’t via amiami I’d cancel at this point and try to just get Jessie solo, but the bike is cool so it’s fine and I don’t wanna risk angering the amiami powers-that-be with a pre-order cancellation).

I hope the Yuffie design for Part 2 is cool and I don’t regret passing on her Intergrade design.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Bulgaroctonus posted:

Thanks! Have no idea what gunpla means, but whatever. Also can we, as a group, promise to never tell a woman to ‘calm down’? Not calling you or anyone else out but come on. We can do better.

Gunpla are those kits where you basically build an articulated action figure from a model kit, they got their start with Gundam model kits.

I just got done building a Transformers gunpla-adjacent kit.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/product/variationdetails/156997

She’s pretty rad.

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

I didn’t know that there was an actual term for that, but thanks for the info!

Also, I did something stupid. Anyone have any experience with Max Factory figma knock offs? I bought Snake, and honestly for slightly under thirty bux shipped I’ll be happy with anything really. Go ahead and laugh, this is a drunken misadventure. Maybe I’ll get something in the mail vaguely solid and snakeish? I don’t really care at this point, it’ll either be decent or a learning experience. Either way, gently caress it

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

Bulgaroctonus posted:

I didn’t know that there was an actual term for that, but thanks for the info!

Also, I did something stupid. Anyone have any experience with Max Factory figma knock offs? I bought Snake, and honestly for slightly under thirty bux shipped I’ll be happy with anything really. Go ahead and laugh, this is a drunken misadventure. Maybe I’ll get something in the mail vaguely solid and snakeish? I don’t really care at this point, it’ll either be decent or a learning experience. Either way, gently caress it

Sorry, but this is what you'll get:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcBEMDdXJUw

Contrary to popular belief, not all knock-offs are bad. The recent MAFEX KOs, 1000Toys Hellboy and at least some of the AY Marvel bootlegs seem to be pretty decent. For what I've seen, Figma and SHF KOs are the ones to avoid.

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

Eh, for thirty bucks shipped that doesn’t seem that bad. It’s lovely, but it’s better than paying two hundo+ for a real one. Maybe some day. Also, I like bootlegs. That face is the only thing I don’t like but honestly, as stated above, I’ll be happy to get anything resembling a Snek. Drunk purchases Yayy!!! May regret in the morning but it’ll be here by the 25th (allegedly), so I’ll get back to y’all in time. :)

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I think that’s the first Disney-era trooper I’ve just hated. The JFO Purge Trooper design was fine, this one is a blocky mess with a lovely Vader/Veers mullet.

I think it looks really cool. Like a mish mash of clone trooper/death trooper armor. I will concede the “mullet” part of the helmet is totally unnecessary.

Edit: Here’s three white guys.

Swapped George’s head onto an extra rebel trooper body. Kinda looks like his normal clothes and I think is more appropriate than making him a stormtrooper.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Add IG-11 and The Client for more directors!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Joe Fisto posted:

Frank Miller was way too much.

I mean, the guy is a racist libertarian sexist, so.... seems on brand.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Fuzz posted:

I mean, the guy is a racist libertarian sexist, so.... seems on brand.

I read that as racist librarian, and that was entertaining for a moment.

I know DKR is one of the most popular comics in history, but maybe not everyone knows about Bruno

What the gently caress Frank?

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Joe Fisto posted:

I read that as racist librarian, and that was entertaining for a moment.

I know DKR is one of the most popular comics in history, but maybe not everyone knows about Bruno

What the gently caress Frank?

Oooh, is THAT why we don’t talk about Bruno?

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Lmfao at the rear end swastikas.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Lencho posted:

Sorry, but this is what you'll get:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcBEMDdXJUw

Contrary to popular belief, not all knock-offs are bad. The recent MAFEX KOs, 1000Toys Hellboy and at least some of the AY Marvel bootlegs seem to be pretty decent. For what I've seen, Figma and SHF KOs are the ones to avoid.

On the topic of knock offs, it's Punished Snake not Solid Snake but Limtoys put out an 'Aehab' figure.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Jun 30, 2022

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
I look at Nazi figures and whatnot as bad guys myself. Like would I buy a Hitler figure? I dunno but it would be cool to have a WWII Cap figure punching a Hitler.

Things have changed a lot now that we are so far away from WWII and the general public doesn’t see Nazi German soldiers as generic villains anymore. Even the folks that were kids in the post war years are now elderly. What we have now are the generations that use used the symbolism and imagery to further ideology of hate and violence which is insensitive at best to the group that are targeted by them.

I am able to separate and carparmentpalize the two things but I am not naive enough to think that everyone else can. As much as I would love a Nazi Officer Red Skull like the statue or some German WWII figures for some Invaders to beat up I understand why they aren’t being made and it is the right call.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The Asstikas, please.

Frank definitely had issues prior to it, but 9/11 did pretty nasty things to his brain. For whatever its worth, he seems to have turned things around after the wakeup call that was 2016 and isn't as lovely a person anymore, at least last I heard.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

The_Doctor posted:

Add IG-11 and The Client for more directors!

:hmmyes:

I do have both of those...

Speaking of, Deborah Chow (and Rick Famuyiwa) also played X-Wing pilots. Maybe they could reuse the Jaina Solo body and give us a Sash Ketter...I feel like Rick is too tall to use the Luke X-Wing body. The guy is 6'4" to Mark Hamill's 5'9". They'd need a whole new body for....*checks notes* Jib Dodger? Oof.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Where’d you find the cowboy hat for Dave?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Where’d you find the cowboy hat for Dave?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174150396471?hash=item288c2c2a37:g:t3IAAOSwVo1haMqM

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Depending where you got the KO Snake you can probably get refunded. You’re not allowed to sell KOs on eBay or Amazon and you’re not obligated to return it either if you report it as a fake.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Agrias120 posted:

I hope the Yuffie design for Part 2 is cool and I don’t regret passing on her Intergrade design.

If the big weird plastic poncho comes off and she has the normal costume underneath, I would buy that figure. None of the promotional images show that, though. I keep waiting for that figure to actually come out so that people can post reviews and confirm whether she's stuck in the poncho. If so, hopefully there will be another version.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I do not care for the swastikass

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Guys, clearly it's swasstikas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

i like Shiroc's Pepsiman Ultraman, those foot stands seem to be pretty common on that type of figure