Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Funky See Funky Do posted:

On what platform? They're a pretty common drop. Goblins will also randomly open portals to the vault if you want to go hunt them in adventure mode. GR90 has the max amount of loot that can drop so running those as fast as you can is the best way to get anything to drop.

If you're on PC there's a community you can join where people will run puzzle rings.
Hmm I didn't know about the GR cap; thanks. I started to struggle at around 85-87 after only five days of owning this game again :cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

These days pretty much every class has at least a few ways to roll 120s with ease so there are likely still many more optimizations you could make.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

exquisite tea posted:

These days pretty much every class has at least a few ways to roll 120s with ease so there are likely still many more optimizations you could make.
Oh, for sure. I still need to get my legendary gems up to par and only one or two pieces of gear are ancient.

e: I should probably specify that "struggle" means "less than 10min left on the clock".

What build are you running?
Raekor's A-10 Warthog.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Jul 1, 2022

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
What build are you running?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Just speed farm regular rifts or grifts or run puic bounties. You'll be swimming in Puzzle Rings, Bovine Bardiches, and Gifts.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

GR90 has the max amount of loot that can drop so running those as fast as you can is the best way to get anything to drop.

Oh fr? I thought it kept scaling up. So unless I'm upgrading gems I can just speedrun 90s for optimal loot gains?

E: I know thats basically what you said but I thought I knew everything about the game so I am almost incredulous

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM
If you can run higher GRs in a similar timeframe to your GR90s, run those because paragon gain counts too.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
If literally the only thing you want to do is most drops off the RG then 90 is the cap. In practice however you'll get to a point where the fastest you can complete any given rift is like 1.5-3 minutes depending on how bad a layout you get. Once you are in that window you want to crank the highest GR you can manage without taking longer because like said above, you get more paragon xp and gemups that way.

So your season progression milestones for farming would be to first get 90 on farm and then optimizing for highest GR to be done at time. Both solo and group.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

gradenko_2000 posted:

I've been playing D3 a lot this week, and on the Switch I've leveled a new Demon Hunter to 70, got him geared up, and reached the point where I can push Torment 8. I leveled up a Gem of Ease to rank 25, gave it to a baby Wizard, punched a hole in a crafted Cinderswitch, and have been doing BWEEEEEEEEEEEEE as she melts everything with Disintegrate to the tune of a new level every screen-full of monsters

I love this loving game

This is probably my favorite thing to do now, melting everything with a gem of ease on your second character is so much fuckin fun.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Maxroll is shutting down their Immortal section, citing among other things, moral guilt over supporting and enabling gambling addiction by providing content for the game.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
lmao Diablo: Immortal is so predatory it’s causing profound moral quandaries in those who play it.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Dameius posted:

Maxroll is shutting down their Immortal section, citing among other things, moral guilt over supporting and enabling gambling addiction by providing content for the game.

lol

lmfao

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Field Mousepad posted:

This is probably my favorite thing to do now, melting everything with a gem of ease on your second character is so much fuckin fun.
I did something similar to get BillyWitchDoctor dot com from 1 to 31 to gamble those rings, and I overshot to 32 because he leveled too fast on T6 to keep track.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Dameius posted:

drat Blizzard look what you've done

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Diablo: Immortal is such a bad game it’s literally causing moral awakenings in the gaming community lol

Blizzard are really always at the forefront of the digital movement, lol

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Blizzard's response?

"Drink breast milk, get money lol"

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Bust Rodd posted:

Diablo: Immortal is such a bad game it’s literally causing moral awakenings in the gaming community lol

Blizzard are really always at the forefront of the digital movement, lol

God I hope so. The moral awakening part not the digital movement part.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I crit for 14 trillion now. Hopefully numbers are human-countable in D4.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Shumagorath posted:

I crit for 14 trillion now. Hopefully numbers are human-countable in D4.

See thread title

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Yeah I would be ok with a stat squish in D4

Orc Priest
Jun 9, 2021
One of the things Immortal does right is damage numbers. They are in the hundreds/thousands range. Very readable and feels great.

But I'm no game dev so I have no clue how hard it would be to keep the numbers at a reasonable level in a live service game like D4. Every season is going to increase the power levels so...

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

If Diablo 3 tried to scale the damage numbers, you would be dealing .00004 per hit to the fallen near tristram. The reasonable numbers are for the "story" none of us have seen in a decade, who cares what they are in the endgame?

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Part of this is that the D3 team very rarely nerfs anything; they just buff everything else to compensate. So the numbers keep going up. If they were really intent on keeping the numbers reasonable, we'd still have like GR50 as the endgame.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I never had an issue knowing what the damage numbers are. If I can kill something before it kills me, it doesn't matter if I'm doing 100 damage or a billion.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
I try to play by the "who cares what the number is as long as I kill things fast" rule, but the scaling comes back to bite you in other ways. You know, like the half-second brain fart the servers have when you attack the pile of 30+ mobs your barbarian friend stomped together and stunned using a Grim Scythe necromancer with maxed out area damage.

Orc Priest
Jun 9, 2021
When you have to start slapping letters at the end of your damage numbers you know you hosed up, right?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Yeah, the numbers should be in scientific notation by now.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
The silly power escalation is the best part of this dumb game. Bring back ethereals you cowards.

I remember feeling very accomplished in season 1 getting to grift 40

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

exquisite tea posted:

I do 10gigadps!

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr
Honestly, if you're not doing numbers that require you to stop and think "was that a Octillion or just a Hextillion?", you're not on my level. Become the calculator you were born to be!

I can't imagine this game with a stat squish, numbers are just our heroin at this point

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

Exactly. If the number popping up over an enemy is a '6' it means you did 10^6 points of damage.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

KenBearlLOLOL posted:

I try to play by the "who cares what the number is as long as I kill things fast" rule, but the scaling comes back to bite you in other ways. You know, like the half-second brain fart the servers have when you attack the pile of 30+ mobs your barbarian friend stomped together and stunned using a Grim Scythe necromancer with maxed out area damage.

That has nothing to do with the size of the numbers and everything to do with the number of numbers.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Just take the log of all the damage numbers you can view on screen problem solved.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

KenBearlLOLOL posted:

lol I remember that grift

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

That season they introduced Uliana's was so satisfying when the giant explosions would make the game stutter as mobs slowly disappeared around you.

I also loved that shenlong's season where I think it was Fist of Thunder created a closer circuit around all the gathered mobs that either melted them down or locked up the servers. I think it was soon after this one that they began really trying to cut down on server loading DPS.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
Static charge was the build, and i loved it since the supports were able to proc and do damage as well.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
PTR preview is up.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

quote:

Magic Missile fires 20 missiles and gains the effect of the Seeker rune.
This is easily my favourite thing ever.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Adventure Mode is now unlocked for all accounts by default. Players are no longer required to complete the Campaign to access Adventure mode.
Best patch ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
Big nerf for Inna's monk with 6-piece set bonus down from 3000% per ally to 900%, ouch. Crusaders finally get a Phalanx build. The new seasonal theme sounds ok, very similar to ethereals right down to most of the effects looking worthless.