Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

”With the coldest winter ever recorded, with snow setting record levels up and down the coast, the Nobel committee should take the Nobel Prize back from Al Gore"
Mr. President sir, your people need Trump+! They crave your powerful and patriotic stream in their eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

veepfake posted:

nice meltdown

nice meltdown

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

please stop, he’s already dead.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Durf posted:

Welcome to the Monkeyhouse had some good shorts in it that stuck with me

I always liked the titular story where the world becomes massively over populated, and generations of families are forced to sleep on the floor in tiny apartments hoping the oldest voluntarily kill themselves (and much like modern american politics, they cling on for dear life)

also Report on the Barnhouse Effect is pretty cool.

I feel a special kinship/bond w/ Mr. Vonnegut because I'm a fellow hoosier!

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Daniel Dales Dick posted:

Mr. President sir, your people need Trump+! They crave your powerful and patriotic stream in their eyes.

Truth Premium is coming. you’ll be hearing much more in probably two weeks

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Trump administration New Game+

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rb0ejk7HnU1vmobp0.mp4

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

”With the coldest winter ever recorded, with snow setting record levels up and down the coast, the Nobel committee should take the Nobel Prize back from Al Gore"
Don Jr bought the rights to Ernest P. Worrell and he's bringing it exclusively to Trump+! They got Bill Barr for Vern!

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

drat i love dogs but like gently caress that dog lol

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

BUSH 2112 posted:

drat i love dogs but like gently caress that dog lol

I want one of those lanky dork cats but I will never have one

T-Paine has issued a correction as of 16:35 on Jul 3, 2022

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

Kin Guilfoyle giving an AVClub interview where she keeps talking about (((dark forces that (((dominate (((American (((media))))))))))))

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

CaptainBeefart posted:

Why oh why did I ever sell this off?

I'd caution against it for some people with suicidal ideation, jesus gently caress

Just an ordinary day for Col Sparrow and all his buddies though. All the time we're talking there are thousands of agents advancing agendas so loving dark they make Sauron from LOTR look humane. Too many loving conspiracies to keep track of.

I guess there's a movie of this?

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

CaptainBeefart posted:

Tim Heideckers music is borderline boring but it's fun to see him replicating my favorite book designs.

High 80s there buddy

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
sirens of titan is my favorite vonnegut book, I gave that to my little 16 year old cousin along with slaughterhouse five a bunch of years ago

I thought about giving her god bless you mr. rosewater to get her really into the eat the rich spirit but I thought it was a little more dry than the other ones

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

durtp trumogut

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

emfive posted:

That's a great book, also of course Guns of August. Her First Salute is a very clear explanation of the Yorktown campaign, along with a lot of other stuff.

You lot making me feel like getting audible again now. These books sound really good.

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

Stefan Prodan posted:

sirens of titan is my favorite vonnegut book, I gave that to my little 16 year old cousin along with slaughterhouse five a bunch of years ago

I thought about giving her god bless you mr. rosewater to get her really into the eat the rich spirit but I thought it was a little more dry than the other ones

i need to read more of his books, i think the only ones i've read are slaughterhouse five and cat's cradle. i definintely have god bless you mr rosewater on my kindle tho

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

quote:

A group of about 100 marchers identifying themselves by flyers as belonging to the white nationalist group the Patriot Front, cut through the heart of downtown Boston Saturday sparking a confrontation.

A scanner call came in at around 12:30 p.m. announcing that a group had gone up to a rental truck parked in the area of the Haymarket MBTA station and off-loaded a number of shields and flags. Many were U.S. flags, with at least one flown upside-down and many showing just the 13 stars in a circle for the original U.S. colonies, as well as flags featuring different designs.

Many flags also had a stylized version of the symbol that represented Benito Mussolini’s National Fascist Party.

“If you truly wish for safety, you will have it. But you can take nothing else with you,” an unmasked member of the group said through a bullhorn when the marchers stopped in front of the Boston Public Library among shouts from onlookers. “Not your home, not your family, not your liberty. There you will be alone with your safety in a rotted world.”

One Black man was seen tangling with the group as tempers flared, the Herald observed.

The Boston Police Department received a report of one adult Black man injured in a confrontation with Patriot Front members at the corner of Dartmouth and Stuart streets at about 1:25 p.m.

The man told police that he took out his phone while walking down Dartmouth Street and found himself being pushed around by members of the group, according to BPD chief spokesman Sgt. Detective John Boyle. The man stated he was eventually knocked to the ground and assaulted, during which he suffered a laceration to his right ring finger and others to his head and eyebrow. He was taken to Tufts Medical Center. No arrests have been made yet as police are actively conducting a civil rights investigation of the incident.

If only a president would declare them a terrorist organization.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

BUSH 2112 posted:

i need to read more of his books, i think the only ones i've read are slaughterhouse five and cat's cradle. i definintely have god bless you mr rosewater on my kindle tho

the thing that I really liked about vonnegut was that he sort of showed me you don't have to be flowery or do any sort of fancy prose to reach people, you just have to be emotionally earnest and sincere, you can say the simplest poo poo if it's meaningful and you believe it

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

AxGrap posted:

Covering this all up so it doesn't matter but I wanted to add a little weather proofing so I have more time to do the cedar shakes. But I had fun with painting and it looks kind of cool. Gotta finish the flashing tape when this dries

I might have to go into that craft/hobbies forum to ask for advice on next steps yikes

OMG this is gonna look so cool and bet it's pretty weather resistant too. This is getting better as it comes along. Are you planning any windows?

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

can i stay in the dome i want to move

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/veryimportant/status/1543601626170138625

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Lol

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

please help, I can't stop scromiting

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

tacodaemon posted:

if you ride a bike here like me it's more like 1 minute

https://twitter.com/ricsanchez/status/1543000572709724160

I find myself doing things I never imagined possible as much as I see them. I try to be very careful and courteous of cyclists, of course, there sure are a hell of a lot of them nowadays. But I've been driving my pickup into DC now and then, it is not the greatest place to drive a pickup. But I've done fine. Made some major scores.

Back on topicburger, I remember this well.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

petit choux posted:

OMG this is gonna look so cool and bet it's pretty weather resistant too. This is getting better as it comes along. Are you planning any windows?

Yeah to windows but haven't planned it out yet.

Buddykins posted:

can i stay in the dome i want to move

I said no!

But you should check MN out sometime it is just gorgeous when the weather is nice.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

They call it scromiting, and your teen may be at risk. Learn the warning signs tonight at 6 o'clock with News you can Use

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

I love how this thing might not be able to generate faces but it can absolutely generate trumps weird posture and mannerisms

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

think you might be suffering from scromiting? take this simple two question quiz to find out for sure

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
scrom on my knob
like corn on the cob

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

AxGrap posted:

Trying to get to a point where I can take a beat and think that out.

conventional wisdome (get it) advises against any roof windows. Get some used windows at Habitat or whatever you have there. Shakes on this whole thing baby!

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

tacodaemon posted:

once again here's the video I made using a song by a DC band I like with footage from my handlebar camera sped up to 20x speed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaaXqU25iFo

Sweet

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

DoombatINC posted:

what i like the most about this is how it definitely doesnt look like youre manufacturing methamphetamine in it and how it doesnt evoke every camouflage-draped property that ive ever steered clear from when hiking

edit: i feel like i need to be clear that the dome is extremely good and its mostly the aesthetic that makes my backbrain toss fight-or-flight signals

Eh, you're looking at an unfinished product, though. Once he's got shingles on this thing it will be sweet. You are just a pessimistic little poo poo.

corgiwizard
Oct 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

https://twitter.com/atotheco/status/1543275224187211778