Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

It’s 2069 guys, we made it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
page

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Daedalus1134 posted:

:carol: Tomo-chan is a Girl getting an anime in January 2023. :carol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fmpa10BFimE

We thought we had tasted freedom…

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
when's the kyuu-chan anime announcement

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Kild posted:

You're telling me. They changed his .45 to a .22???

I thought something looked weird about his gun, and no poo poo when you take a closer look it's a .22. That's one way to avoid killing anyone (immediately, at least).

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Maybe Tomo-chan getting an anime means Mousou Telepathy getting one isn't out of the question :same:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Tales of Woe posted:

*sees 3 shows that came out in 3 different decades* it is 2006
Oh like Eva! :stonklol:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVmyDtQ9Pr0

The translation looks good, though oddly they're using Nihon-shiki romanization for Sojuro's name.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Watching episode one of Yurei Deco. The world has kind of the same vibe as the one in Hannu Rajaniemi's "The Quantum Thief", but with the addition of social scores (likes).

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

when's the kyuu-chan anime announcement
kyuu-chan is already animated

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Buffis
Apr 29, 2006

I paid for this
Fallen Rib

Weird meme.
12 years passed between Trigun airing and S1 of P&S airing. So same amount of time as between P&S and now.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

that second image has existed for a while so i think it's just pointing out how anachronistic those Twitter tags trending are in general, while goons being goons are being weirdly particular instead of having a giggle and moving on

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I’ve seen the meme before but what series is that particular screenshot from anyway?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
never read the comments on the video versions of those memes because it's always a million people going UHH ACTUALLY, cod 4 came out in 2007, so whys it in in this wake up bro it's 2006 video??????, instead of just loling.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Buffis posted:

Weird meme.
12 years passed between Trigun airing and S1 of P&S airing. So same amount of time as between P&S and now.

So what you're saying is that Trigun is P&S season 0, and everything in the image is collectively P&S2, thus continuing the 12 year cycle.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Mister Facetious posted:

Watching episode one of Yurei Deco. The world has kind of the same vibe as the one in Hannu Rajaniemi's "The Quantum Thief", but with the addition of social scores (likes).

My first thought was Down And Out In The Magic Kingdom, but yeah. Very promising.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Larryb posted:

I’ve seen the meme before but what series is that particular screenshot from anyway?

Fighbird, one of the Brave series of mecha shows, best known for GaoGaiGar.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Motto posted:

Fighbird, one of the Brave series of mecha shows, best known for GaoGaiGar.

Thanks, is the show any good out of curiosity?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i would normally be lenient to the 2006 meme but Trigun is such a 90s rear end 90s show like cmon

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

"bro wake up it's 1996" comes off weirder and relegates PSG and Bleach to being in Trigun's place anyways by being years away from then. just laugh at the funny image.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Lol if you weren't posting about Trigun and undergarments in 2006

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

symbolic posted:

"bro wake up it's 1996" comes off weirder and relegates PSG and Bleach to being in Trigun's place anyways by being years away from then. just laugh at the funny image.

no! you can't make me!

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

mycophobia posted:

no! you can't make me!

:blastu: :blastu: :blastu:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

dogsicle posted:

i would normally be lenient to the 2006 meme but Trigun is such a 90s rear end 90s show like cmon

Trigun was a staple of the early 2000s anime blocks on Adult Swim, so it tracks.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

symbolic posted:

no, i'm very serious about mid-00s anime stolen valor

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i want to also say psg is fully in a new decade but i don't actually care about this that much

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

god who loving cares its a lovely low-effort meme

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Holidays starting today. Gonna spend some time catching up on shows and movies I half watched.

Does Gantz stay dumb with a plot that makes no sense? Wondering if its worth finishing the show and/or movie.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

got p&s on plex and i dont like how plex decides to mark episode 2 as death race 2010, even though that's in episode 1, etc
i mean yeah i guess its episode 2 but you get what im saying, there's two episodes in one episode

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Happy Burger Day

x

x

x

x

x

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Larryb posted:

Thanks, is the show any good out of curiosity?

I'm only familar with parts of GGG and SRW appearances of others, but Droyer watched and wrote up impressions on all of them in the mecha thread some years back:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3742843&userid=190530&perpage=40&pagenumber=3#post483380647

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saxNPy6nlVg

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

she ate it like a sandwich, double american taste

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

never read the comments on the video versions of those memes because it's always a million people going UHH ACTUALLY, cod 4 came out in 2007, so whys it in in this wake up bro it's 2006 video??????, instead of just loling.

basically the last two pages of this thread

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/TrafalgarLog/status/1544043378400190466?t=iJ_BKXo4Sy36ZXzeW0yr4A&s=19

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i'm assuming that harmony gold is, somehow making money on the us release of macross stuff because, how is this company still in business otherwise lmao

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I guess there is, surprisingly, still a small number of Gem Xers nostalgic over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yeah but are they reading the robotech comic books, because thats the only new thing harmony gold produces. usually IP trolls are sitting on, an IP that is actually valuable