Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Capped
Jun 21, 2005

Reiterpallasch posted:

Yeah I play the knife loop hunter too. It starts to chug anytime knife trick isn't enough to one-shot red bars by itself. Even with Classy I'm going back to omniocculus when GMs start, which is comically faceroll.

Bust Rodd posted:

LoL my Solar Hunter build of infinite ability spam and constantly having Blade Barrage is future proofed, the idea that Classy Restoration is the glue holding all these builds together is completely overblown, it just won’t be as comically faceroll-y as it is now.

what is this build exactly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m on Knives w Young Spine and w/ 100 Mobility and 100 Discipline I feel perfectly fine in Master Wellspring & Lost sectors, I’m literally never more than a few seconds to get my dodge back, which chains instantly into a melee and a free grenade, and then I’m back in game… unless I’m feeling lazy then I let Terry (Tarrabah) exchange a few ideas with the room. I use the fragments that proc radiant, and the melee Dodge. Harmonic Siphon for Orbs, and my armor is modded to make wells on Solar OR grenade kills, which proc well of life & well of Might

I would almost certainly swap to Omni-Oc for GMs, though, but Master content feels super doable!

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jul 2, 2022

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Ember of Torches makes you radiant whenever you throw a knife; Knock em Down negates the throwing knife cooldown if you get a kill with one while radiant. Knife Trick inflicts scorch, so each throwing knife gives you class ability energy with Ember of Singing. Knife trick counts as melee damage, obviously, so each throwing knife also gives you a nice chunk of super energy with Impact Induction on your gloves. If you want throwing knives to give you grenades also, you can put on Young Ahamkara's Spine, but I think the blade barrage exotics (Shards of Galanor and Star-Eater Scales) are stronger picks in most content. Go 100 mobility/100 resilience if you can, as long as Classy Restoration is around.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I respectfully disagree, if only because Young Spine is an exotic that impacts literally every second of your gameplay, the super exotics only really effect your gameplay every 3-5 minutes or so. Young Spine just feels so much for active than Scales for me, at least, I’m willing to believe I might be using them wrong but yeah, Young Spine definitely feels like I can just do anything whenever I want.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
for some reason I couldnt help myself and bought everything on sale

i have no idea what im doing and im confused as gently caress about the storyline because every time i start the game some new cutscene is shown and im on some other world, when I last quit I was on some flying donut witch ship and now im on the moon

with ghosts

its loving haunted

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Philthy posted:

i have no idea what im doing and im confused as gently caress about the storyline because every time i start the game some new cutscene is shown and im on some other world, when I last quit I was on some flying donut witch ship and now im on the moon

with ghosts

its loving haunted

Shadowkeep (moon) > Beyond Light (europa) > Witch Queen (throne world donut ship)

it's best for you to just look up the expansion cutscenes on youtube in that order. also there's some seasonal poo poo for this expansion (Risen > Haunted) involving the Blue Cabal, led by Caiatl, who Blue Dad is probably going to marry.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Can’t wait for Caitl to be my mom

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Bobby Deluxe posted:

There are a few in Insight Terminus, the second half of Glassway, first half of Warden of Nothing and a handful in Exodus Crash, but you're right, there aren't any Vex centric ones. Even Glassway and Insight Terminus which happen in Vex locations are mostly Fallen / Cabal.

there's inverted spire, too, but even that's mostly cabal

Judge Tesla posted:

Not another Vex season, Splicer wasn't that long ago.

yeah it's been wack.

this season: scorn/cabal
last season: hive/scorn/taken (raid)
lost: taken/scorn/fallen(dungeon)
splicer: vex
chosen: cabal
BL/Hunt: Fallen/Vex

So a fallen or vex season is overdue- maybe the rumours about Eramis coming back

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Mazerunner posted:

there's inverted spire, too, but even that's mostly cabal

yeah it's been wack.

this season: scorn/cabal
last season: hive/scorn/taken (raid)
lost: taken/scorn/fallen(dungeon)
splicer: vex
chosen: cabal
BL/Hunt: Fallen/Vex

So a fallen or vex season is overdue- maybe the rumours about Eramis coming back

Hunt was a Hive season.

If we get a siva season next, that would be a fallen and possibly a vex season!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I can't even tell who's our enemy anymore, it changes every three months. Pretty much just the scorn I guess, the cabal we've been shooting this season aren't the real cabal they're just calus fanbois doused in egregore sauce. The taken seem to be a non issue at this point and of course there's the vex but they seem to serve no purpose but being an interlude between chapters of the REAL story.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The world has sorted itself into a light alliance (humanity, fallen, cabal) and a dark alliance (scorn, taken, hive). The Vex are still the odd one out as inscrutable wild cards

Of course we’re only allied with half the cabal and half the fallen and there’s lore reasons it’s OK that you can go out and shoot as many of them as you want on patrol

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

xzzy posted:

I can't even tell who's our enemy anymore, it changes every three months. Pretty much just the scorn I guess, the cabal we've been shooting this season aren't the real cabal they're just calus fanbois doused in egregore sauce. The taken seem to be a non issue at this point and of course there's the vex but they seem to serve no purpose but being an interlude between chapters of the REAL story.

the story has been deliberately taking an anti-racist and anti-xenophobic direction because the previous theme of "shoot all aliens, even and/or especially the ones who have been established to have wants and dreams and feelings and rich cultures and histories" was, uh

not good

anyways our enemies are the ones w/ healthbars, hope that helps

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

xzzy posted:

The races are divided into different factions, some are allied, some are enemies.

Scorn and Taken are 100% enemies. Although when Crow reconciled with Uldren part of that was the idea of 'helping' Fikrul, so who knows, maybe there could be an allied scorn faction in the future.

Cabal has Caitl's faction (allies), Calus' (enemies) and any leftover Red Legion/independants (enemy).

Fallen have Mithrax' House of Light (ally), and House of Dusk (enemy). If Eramis comes back she'd be leading a portion of Dusk. Or if Siva comes back that'd be it's own thing. Oh and Spider, who I'm not sure how much sway he still has and anyway he's always been like, a mini-Calus so I don't trust him even when he's helping.

Hive have Savathun's Lucent Brood (enemy but with maybe potential for future allying) and Xivu Arath's brood (enemy).

Scorn, Taken, Xivu Arath, Calus and hypothetically Eramis are all working under the Witness.
Mithrax, Caitl, the Last City and the Awoken are allied.*

Savathun is independent, though nominally more aligned with the forces of the Traveler.

Vex are mostly independent, though there's the Sol Divisive faction that operates in the Black Garden and worships the Darkness. Conversely, there's the Harpy who is almost certainly Asher Mir- maybe that could develop into something.

*the lore or weapon description or whatever is was from this season where a combined team of Guardians, Cabal and Eliksni kick rear end in the Leviathan was so cool

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

What item is that?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

omg chael crash posted:

What item is that?

https://www.ishtar-collective.net/entries/firefright

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

i like how one of the best ways that bungie made players empathize with caiatl's forces was to just put some mortal blue cabal in random missions and the player reaction was overwhelmingly "NOBODY KILLS MY BUDDIES"

when Risen was still the new hotness, every single moon mission i remember seeing multiple Titans yeeting themselves off of ledges to try and get to that one cabal in time to save him from the ogres

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Cabal so bad at designing ships they can't make a door that their troops can fit through without clipping.

https://i.imgur.com/Cb5kUNR.mp4

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Kith posted:

i like how one of the best ways that bungie made players empathize with caiatl's forces was to just put some mortal blue cabal in random missions and the player reaction was overwhelmingly "NOBODY KILLS MY BUDDIES"

when Risen was still the new hotness, every single moon mission i remember seeing multiple Titans yeeting themselves off of ledges to try and get to that one cabal in time to save him from the ogres

i took izanagi's every time i did psiops just to save that guy if moon came up

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Kith posted:

I bubble that dude every single time I run that Psi Ops mission. No regrets.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Kith posted:

the first guardian Cabal absolutely has to be that bridge dude

e; or valus ta'auric

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jul 3, 2022

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Man, trials was wack this weekend. I played a LOT of top 250 players

I played a super cheesy build with double dynamo to try and counter all the turtles and it was fun to get so many supers

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I finally got a crafted Tears of Contrition to high enough levels to have enhanced no distractions & enhanced explosive shot. *smacks lips* Finally I have the replacement for my long treasured yet sadly sunet Patron Of Lost Causes.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

xzzy posted:

Cabal so bad at designing ships they can't make a door that their troops can fit through without clipping.

their doors don't need to be taller when their troops have the power to clip

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Cabal skin naturally extrudes a viscous industrial grease which allows them to fit through most spaceship doors.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Kith posted:

Empathize? I only do for triumph number go up.

(Nah our cabal buddies pretty cool)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Mr Z ate my Caital

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
I love this kind of stuff.

Kith posted:

yep, i always was first out of the altar room on a beeline to the bridge to save my buddy. Such a simple decision to include some allies that basically amount to a couple of dudes that grunt and stomp a bit.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
The nightmare containment III challenge is utter horseshit lmao. 1% for every TWO tiers? This is the grindiest season in a LONG time.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's 150 tiers total, or 50 total events. Which is definitely pushing the realm of too much but I wouldn't agree it's the grindiest season ever.

If you do a handful every week you'll see decent progress. If you need it done right this minute? Yeah you're gonna be mad.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The season is barely 1/3 over, you have until the end of August to do all those nightmare containments. If you do 2 a day you'll finish well ahead of that. That's true even if you're starting from zero today, which most of us aren't

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

This Ogma that Banshee has up is extremely good poo poo. Slotted it into my Osiomancy and Young Arm Spine builds and it is nades everywhere. I wish I could be trusted to fat grenade responsibly though.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

ogma balls

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Can someone please explain how crucible bounties/quests work because "the way the words say" isnt it

For example

I have one that says "defeat 5 guardians with solar damage" and then Tommy's matchbook catalyst requires 100 guardian auto rifle defeats

I got 12 defeats on the last game, all of them with a solar auto rifle. I got 2 of the 5 needed for that bounty. I only got two (2!!!!) towards the catalyst quest.

What the gently caress gives

e: Also I punched a dude to death and it said "<my name> <punch symbol> <their name>" and my kill one guy with melee bounty didn't finish either. I'm not so much angry (a little angry) as just very confused.

fast cars loose anus fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Jul 4, 2022

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

fast cars loose anus posted:

Can someone please explain how crucible bounties/quests work because "the way the words say" isnt it

For example

I have one that says "defeat 5 guardians with solar damage" and then Tommy's matchbook catalyst requires 100 guardian auto rifle defeats

I got 12 defeats on the last game, all of them with a solar auto rifle. I got 2 of the 5 needed for that bounty. I only got two (2!!!!) towards the catalyst quest.

What the gently caress gives

e: Also I punched a dude to death and it said "<my name> <punch symbol> <their name>" and my kill one guy with melee bounty didn't finish either. I'm not so much angry (a little angry) as just very confused.

When you say 12 defeats do you mean the scoreboard at the end of the game? Because that is kills and assists. It sounds like you only got the last hit on two players.

The other one I have no idea but I believe you and it definitely sucks a lot.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Oh, it's last hit. Ok, I can buy that. I'll just sideline the tommy's matchbook quest and focus on getting the rank I want while using an auto rifle and letting it fall where it may

The bounties are whatever I don't need powerful gear and have enough bright dust so I might as well not add stress. It makes sense though, thanks.

I'm only really doing this to get the rank 7 shader frankly

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
How the gently caress has anyone managed to do solo flawless Duality with all the physics errors? I just called it for the night because Gahlran managed to smack me and the game decided the physics for that were to shoot me from one end of the arena to the invisible wall opposite at 60MPH. I died from the out-of-bounds timeout before I even fell into the bottomless pit.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Pirate Jet posted:

How the gently caress has anyone managed to do solo flawless Duality with all the physics errors? I just called it for the night because Gahlran managed to smack me and the game decided the physics for that were to shoot me from one end of the arena to the invisible wall opposite at 60MPH. I died from the out-of-bounds timeout before I even fell into the bottomless pit.

I feel like the game goes through phases where getting hit by melee is safe and phases where getting hit by melee opens a rift to the physics dimension

https://i.imgur.com/oo7aRjK.mp4

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

fast cars loose anus posted:

Oh, it's last hit. Ok, I can buy that. I'll just sideline the tommy's matchbook quest and focus on getting the rank I want while using an auto rifle and letting it fall where it may

The bounties are whatever I don't need powerful gear and have enough bright dust so I might as well not add stress. It makes sense though, thanks.

I'm only really doing this to get the rank 7 shader frankly

I just finished that catalyst mission today. It’s definitely balls. But it only took me a week of really focusing on it. By the end I felt like the best auto rifles to use were The Summoner (solar, trials), a krait with lots of range, or sweet business. The first hands down my favorite with a moving target golden tricorn roll. The latter one was weird and clunky and annoyingly different from my usual play style but it has so many rounds I just kept it spooled and firing constantly and would instantly mulch opponents that turned up in front of me. Gnawing hunger is ok too but I never could do well with it despite having a banger max range multi kill clip roll. I did not use Tommy’s after a few tries because it just felt bad in pvp.

Now just 700 kills to actually get the catalyst working. I hope it’s worth it! It says gives better health restoration but in the era of Loreley and classy restoration I don’t know what that even means.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Philthy posted:

with ghosts

its loving haunted
D2 is really bad at letting you finish part of the story before throwing you into the next. Bungie seems to assume that the game isn't getting any new players and everyone has already done the older content so why bother giving new players a coherent experience.

So yeah, as Kith said if you bought all the expansions (and care about going through the story rather than just shootmans) you want to do Shadowkeep, Beyond Light and Witch Queen in that order. You can do New Light first, which is supposed to be the new user introduction quest line but it's not very good at actually explaining anything.

Shadowkeep starts with the quest "A Mysterious Disturbance" on the Moon. (https://www.shacknews.com/article/114274/destiny-2-shadowkeep-campaign-walkthrough)
Beyond Light starts with "Beyond Light" (and leads to "The New Kell") on Europa. (https://www.shacknews.com/article/121443/destiny-2-beyond-light-campaign-walkthrough)
Witch Queen starts with "The Arrival" in Savathun's Throne World.

If you don't have the quests, you can pick them up from the quest terminal either in the Tower or the HELM. In the Tower it's in a little nook to the left of the postmaster. In the HELM it's on the wall to the right as you load in, next to the vault terminal. You can also pick up some exotic weapon quests from there for later.

Join Serious Overchill (https://discord.com/invite/srsoc) if you want to find people to play with. We don't bite much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Man, trials was wack this weekend. I played a LOT of top 250 players

Yeah it's brutal. Like every weekend gets worse