Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
Lots of bad rolls this round.

Abstain

Remaining: +--
WP: 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
-1 Nummor

Sorry, snacks just ain't doing it for me. Perhaps you should consider a transition to the god of a decent meal?

+0- remaining.
2 Wisp Points

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

[Crate-Ur, God of Boxes][3 HP]

Nestled in their divine chariangle [Great Crate-Ur] beheld the twin worlds and the other Gods as they rushed into their next labors while It pondered the square roots of [Nowhere]'s existence. It concluded that more [Boxes] were needed - a great number of them, over an extended period of time, for all of [Time]. Let [Pantocrat] do Art - it was sloppy slivers to the Art that had gone into the [IKEƎA] and would surely find its match in whatever the Asaurted came up with in a few Ages!

So resolved, the [Angleic Divine] once again alighted with the creak of a lid to go forth and shape something truly unique. A project that would both guide and be guided by the People's use in turn. Lo! It would be such a grand undertaking that Crate-Ur's works would be merely foundational! Which meant it might fail or flounder into forgotten memories in time... but such were the risks. If doing [Nothing] got you [Nowhere], it would be best to keep at it while there still was [Something] to be done at.

Descending once more to the surface of Oneder, the [Open-Lidded Container] came face-to-actual-face with a tremendous, angry Aardiche, still freshly bleeding from a recent encounter with a score of raiding Plungerboa. The beast was in a foul mood, but it was tired from the match it had (barely) won while the God would brook no contest with a mortal, however irritable and [Wild]. Ignoring the continued growling as he sat on it, [Crate-Ur Spoke] while some younger kin of the massive beast lay close by, next to an inky lake, sipping the black waters, licking their wounds and grumbling at the strange intrusion whose words they somehow [Knew].

"[Heed My Wisdom], Cleaves-The-Herd. Beset by [O'Steely]'s [First Gift of Axes] to the Plungerboa, what you and your kin truly lack is the [Understanding] of when you are matched - or outmatched. The [Second Gift of Axiom] will give your People an [Edge] in the cutthroat contests to come - but you will need more than just the [Magic of Shaping]. You will all need more - and so [You Must Hold Score]. Let me show you how."

Rising into the air - freeing the put-upon, scowling Cleaves - and tilting Its [Sacred Corners] to align with those of the distant [Skybox] the [Die-Shaped Deity] drew on every [Element of Nowhere] as it soared above. From [Neon's Essence of Communication] It took the wish [To Impart The Known]. From [Pinball's Essence of Competition] It extracted much of [How & What To Compare]. From [Ink's Essence of Imprinting] It drew the [Methods Of Display]. From [Dinosaur's Essence of Adaptation], It seized [Means To Evolve], in limited capacity, for such would be essential for the end product. From [Axe's Essence of Shaping] It pulled the most essential thing of all - [Formation: Box]. Last, but not least, from [Ice's Essence of Stasis] It [Put To Preserve] these things - and all things to come - into the newly-made...

[Axkashic Records]

For all of forever - or however long it'd be.

Just a little - or a lot - [Crate-Ur] drew these things together in a divine beam of cubed radiance that expanded across all of Oneder and Twomb - across all existence - and integrated how to access his [Second Gift] into the mind of the one known as Cleaves and his irritable kind. With great size and great wisdom would surely come... an even greater annoyance, probably. Life was not always made easier by [Understanding]. Rather the opposite at times. It was, however, made of more [Boxes] now and [Crate-Ur] saw this was [Good], despite the headaches and full-throated roaring of some of his new 'worshippers'.

"Now, true to tradition, in exchange for the [Divine Gift of the Axkashic Records] - believe me, it is one - I ask you cleave to the [4 Commandments Of Crate-Ur]... [And They Were Swiftly Shared]... and go find some Asaurteds to shack by! See what comes of it if you try not eating them, and they not you. Might see some use of [Axiom] that isn't just defending yourselves against Plungerboa raids - and would not that be a [Miracle]?"

Create and gift the [Axkashic Records] to the Aardiche: 1d20 8

Crate-Ur will be creating the [Axkashic Records] and teaching how to access its [Scores] to the Aardiche. I rather like this idea, so am not above asking any of you who have already thrown lots to maybe reconsider them to support this - I'll even trade a future wisp to the first taker - but of course, things will probably turn out interesting either way... eventually.

Crate-Ur is also asking the Aardiche to try not eating Asaurteds, but rather live near them as fellow People. Maybe at some degree of separation at first, but hey just try it, at least?

The Axkashic Records posted:

At the moment of their creation the Records are basic and can be drawn on to create a [Score] showing certain indelible truths about the world and oneself. Display methods vary, but [Scores] can oft be made floating in the air, hewn from trace elements of Neon and Ink - and definitely always within a Box shape - but novel users may find other - better or worse - means to access the Records. Users can check their own [Score] (easy-ish) or those of others' (harder) with a concentrated effort of will. The Records are then shown however that user can understand such a thing (e.g. by means of pictographs, written words, colored lines or dots) - but always contained in a [Score Box].

Crate-Ur intends the Records to grow with the world and their use - and generally to only show truthful things - but a user's own poor understanding (and the effects of Ink's Staining, Neon's Dazzling, Axe's Destruction, Pinball's Redirection and Ice's Protection) can get in the way of Axkashic Axsessments depending on the skill of the user and the complexity of the [Scores] attempted viewed. Intent matters. Broad use and general understanding of the Records matters as well - the more People access certain parts of the Axkashic Records - and in a certain way - the more easily that [Score] should become available.

The Axkashic Records are intended as a deep inky well to plumb - and other Gods to tweak, mess with or destroy (oy!) - and I'm quite interested to see how the aggregated knowledge of Ages might turn up reflected in them and how the People might make use of it in peace, love and war. At least, if People pursue the idea and the Axkashic Records themselves stay intact and true...

For now, consider the initial usage of the Records to be taught as a form of innate [Uboxquitous Magic] by the Aardiche that can be useful to show things like how one's DESTRUCTION and MOTION measures up (e.g. damage and dodge potential) against others'. Skilled and vainglorious users might get a first glimpse of some early [Staticestics] Crate-Ur tried to cram in, through seeing a list of their achievements, number of 'Hunted Beasts', 'foes slain' or 'fields sown', 'boxes made' and so forth.

You could consider the [Scores] emergent game stats, but the underlying principle of the Axkashic Records is that everything that happens - and has happened - can be put in a box and shaped to be understood, and then be made comparable! [Scores] and [Staticestics] form the underlying truths of the world - now forever accessible to those with the skill!

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Zybourne Clock posted:

Lots of bad rolls this round.

Abstain

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

Harold Fjord posted:

Abstain

Coward. There are two good -'s there.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
An aardiche never forgets.

+1 to Crate-Ur

[ = - - ] WisPoints: 1 -> 2

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Magnusth posted:

Coward. There are two good -'s there.

Oh...
Right. I'll do better next time.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Changing my vote to -1 Crate-Ur (from +1 O'steely) because I am suspicious of Gods who try to sneak actions past me by making them so overelaborate that I cannot be bothered to actually read them.

++0 remaining

Wisp Points: 2

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Confusion As a Natural State of Being

Theantero posted:

Changing my vote to -1 Crate-Ur (from +1 O'steely) because I am suspicious of Gods who try to sneak actions past me by making them so overelaborate that I cannot be bothered to actually read them.

++0 remaining

Wisp Points: 2
For Theantero and other wisps' benefit: Crate-Ur's action was to create the Axkashic Records, a kind of mixed-element magic that lets its users observe their own and other mortals' scores and staticesticks, a measure of their abilities and a list of their achievements.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
+1 O'Steely.

Remaining: +,-,-. Wisp points: 2.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

Harold Fjord posted:

Oh...
Right. I'll do better next time.

It's cool, we're pretend jerks here, instead of whatever happens in D&D. He mentioned in discord he was doing a bit.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Aabcehmu posted:

For Theantero and other wisps' benefit: Crate-Ur's action was to create the Axkashic Records, a kind of mixed-element magic that lets its users observe their own and other mortals' scores and staticesticks, a measure of their abilities and a list of their achievements.

More or less. I put a bit much into it. Y'all can skip the OOC quotepost at leisure, but try to read the post! Some absolutely divine puns in there.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Scribbleykins posted:

Too many words

Brevity is the soul of wit, and of getting upwisps. (This really is too comically much to read for most, including uneducated Theanteros.)

In complete contradiction to that statement, +1 this God.

1 Wisp Point -> 2 WP

+-0

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

vorebane posted:

It's cool, we're pretend jerks here, instead of whatever happens in D&D. He mentioned in discord he was doing a bit.

Dying is simply, part of a god's life. :devil:

RandomUserString
Jul 1, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Abstain.

--

RandomUserString fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Jul 12, 2022

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
I like reading words and have always wondered what society would be like if we could easily check other people's score and stats. Probably pretty terrible!

So from one former boxgod to another...

+ Crate-Ur

+-0 remaining

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

O'Steely -1 Because having the axe people be worse at axe than the pinballs are is funny.

[+-0]

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

Abstaining this round.

Wisp points: 2
[--+]

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Swapping from - on Nummor to + on Nummor

If I can't hurt you I suppose I'll help the birds.

PepperedMoth
Apr 8, 2022

Less salt, more pepper.
+1 Nummor

--0+ remaining

Wisp Points: 1

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

The Gods watched things change before their eyes. There was no true night or day in Nowhere - no star or moon to mark the passage of time, only a gradual brightening and darkening as the Ocean rippled towards and away from the twin islands of Something that made up the planetoids - but the Gods saw the days drain away as the People took their words to heart and grew. And it was Good.

The Aardiche were woken abruptly from their bestial stupor by the workings of two Gods, and grappled mightily with the revelations. Canny enough to realize the Gods’ workings in the strange behaviour of their prey, they grumbled and gnashed their sharp jaws… but were easily mollified by the gifts they themselves received. From O’Steely - accompanied by an entirely involuntary shower of Godly life force - they received the Magic of Shaping, Axiom. The Aardiche took the blessing like greedy children, then scampered away to play with it. Their initial efforts were… lacking in refinement.

But they made up for that with enthusiasm! Unable to grasp the complexities of the deeper secrets of Axtral Projection, the Aardiche used their new powers to chop up everything in sight. Crate-Ur descended next, bleeding away power as he wove the deep foundational magic of the Axkashic Records… and largely failed. Too big, too wide, and too complex for the People of Axe to comprehend, the larger implications of it were buried for now. All the Aardiche knew was that now when they chopped something, a number went up.

That was pretty cool!

(O’STEELY LOSES 1 HP! CRATE-UR LOSES 1 HP! The Aardiche are now sentient People, though the transition was… bumpy. Their solitary nature, Wildness and the fact that their prey was empowered by the Gods before them has made them somewhat grouchy. They have been invested with Nowhere’s first Axe Magic, the Shaping Magic of Axiom, which allows ambient Axe to be shaped into spectral tools. This has many possible uses, but the Aardiche currently only use them to cut stuff.

Similarly, the seed of the Oneder Magic of the Axkaschic Records - a vast tally of all sort of useful information cleaved from the world - has been placed in the psyche of the Aardiche… who mostly cannot (and have no interest in trying to) access it. Still, it will grow, with time…)

The Plungerboa, left to grow by the Gods, continued to hone their skills with tools, and continued to raid both eachother and their former predators. Only now… the Aardiche were doing something different. They had gained a… well, it was difficult to describe. They made axes out of thin air and then killed you? Not that hard to describe, actually! The balance between the two species had shifted once again, and not in favour of the Pinball People. It could only be the work of the Gods, and the Plungerboa fell into adorable despair. One nameless creature among them called out to the Wisp-filled sky, surrounded by the cloven forms of their fellows.

”Oh great and terrible Gods, why did you give these guys the power to make Axes and kill us!? They were already doing a great job at that! Why!?”

(The Plungerboa fared poorly against the Aardiches’ multiple advances. Already at a disadvantage, the increased intelligence and powers of their foe has caused them no little distress. Still, they are far from defenseless: with their own grasp of tools - far exceeding that of their enemy - they can work together to turn them aside. Still, though, ouch.)

Largely unaware of the drama of the other, smaller creatures on Oneder, the Toothpicker tribe continued their studies and constructions. Boxes, it turned out, could be used to make bigger boxes. And you could sit on them! And squash things with them! And you could make them from all sorts of stuff. Other Asaurted got in on the game, greatly impressed by this most powerful technology. Gnashjaw, Hornface, and Bigtoe tribes were early uptakers, and this would only spread with time. One such individual from a distant tribe called out to the Gods with a heretical thought, half expecting to be struck dead with a meteor of divine wrath.

”Could you… could you build something… other than boxes?”

(The Asaurted are enjoying the IKEƎA. They are not very quick at it, but they have no real pressure to do so. Currently at least, they are able to just take it easy and slowly absorb the boxy knowledge of the Gods. Subtly, the Toothpicker tribe has gained in prestige and social standing…)

The People of Neon were englightened. They gazed upon the bounty of food the world had blessed them with, and realized that each of them - from the meanest Lightbulb to the stately Banandelabra - could be planted, grown, transported. Sure, it would take time, but they could take control of their world - and ensure there were delightful snacks for all! They gave thanks unto Nummor, who had lifted them from mere beasts, and flew out in a riot of colours.

And that wasn’t all - one Maraqueet in particular raised his head to the skies and was changed, the power of Pantocrat suffusing them with purpose. The god spoke to Noble directly, and through changed eyes he saw that beyond merely imposing their will on the world, they could make it beautiful. In his mind’s eye, he saw a neatly arranged pattern of Planterns, arranged by colour and ripeness, such that they formed a likeness of himself. He rose with the others, calling out thanks to the wonderful Gods!

(PANTOCRAT LOSES 1 HP! The Maraqueet learn Basic Snackriculture, which will allow them to plant their own preferred foods and ensure that no one will go hungry - and that the food they eat is extra tasty! In addition, Pantocrat has raised Nowhere’s first Hero, Noble! Noble is Artistic and Creative and Vain, and will influence the rest of the People to make their works ~aesthetic~.

Heroes are People blessed by Godly might, more powerful and influential than any other Person, and possessing of a very long life span - they will generally last two Ages, outliving their benefactor by many, many years. They may still die, however, or worse.)

Once more, Pandora’s divinity sank beneath the Ink and sought out the Squild. Once more, the Squild fled from Her touch - but this time, some remained. The Deviants, the tasters of the Fractal Garden, welcomed Her into their domain, showed her a taste of the chaos they’d consumed in the depths. They saw Her love and they reflected it, both for initial aid in bringing them to sentience and the immeasurably greater gift of their secret garden.

When She told them Her blessing was not yet complete, they waited in rapt attention for her munificence. A secret magic unfurled in their minds, a potent Ink filling their reservoirs to the brim. Even as Her power bled away, Pandora watched them make their marks on the wall of the Garden. Where the Ink marked, the Inkstone curved and flexed, responding to their will. They gave praise to their God, and bent to practice their new skill.

(PANDORA LOSES 1 HP! The Deviant Squild gain Basic Warpweft, the Ink Magic of Imprinting - and only the Deviants. At this point, the division between the two is becoming more pronounced, as the baseline Squild think of the Deviants as strange, unpleasant creatures and the latter think of the former as old, blind fools. Warpweft allows the user to make Ink marks on a surface or creature and exert their will upon it. The more complex the pattern, the more complex the action the caster may invoke.)

The Shiverm kept building, drilling and digging and hauling and lifting. Their once fairly widespread community grew increasingly close, as many… hands made light work, and now often lived in tightly packed clusters of People, each aware of their part in building their new villages. There was a strangeness, however. The once distant and flighty Maraqueet were now seen more often, even stopping often in Shiverm villages to look around. Little actual contact was made - both groups were too wary, too alien from one another - but it was a puzzlement. Even moreso when one such creature began to place Neon plants here and there in buildings and pots. It wasn’t… unpleasant, but it was strange. They turned to the Gods.

”Pray, fair Gods, what should we do? Shall we send the strange birds away? Attack them? They are strange, and we do not like this strangeness.”

(The Shiverm just keep on doing what they were doing. They are simple, peaceful creatures who are more than happy to spend the days idly building, unquestioning of any deeper purpose. They are changing, however, becoming more social and better able to coordinate and communicate between eachother.)

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Mar 20, 2024

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
-1 to the last God to Act this turn! Let's see some hustle out there!

Remaining: +,-. Wisp points: 3.

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Confusion As a Natural State of Being
+1 to the first god to act

Let's have a carrot to go with the stick this turn.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

Nummor, Lord of Snacks

Nummor was pleased. Pleased about snacks!! As hoped, the Maraqueet waxed greatly, and with them, their snacks grew varied and tasty. Truly, Twomb would be a vast paradise of snacks. Nummor looked on, and it was good.

Plungerboa posted:

”Oh great and terrible Gods, why did you give these guys the power to make Axes and kill us!? They were already doing a great job at that! Why!?”

The god's failure now haunted him. The perfidious axe-liker, O'Steely, had upset the delicate balance of pinball and axe. A strange pair of magicks now dwelled in the Aardiche, and one of them was all itself capable of bringing ruin to the admittedly adorbs Plungerboa.

A magick of Nummor's own would be necessary to restore the balance between the peoples. But what could be done, that would not bring the world to eventual destruction, and thus, lack of snacks, while yet enabling the Plungerboa to defend themselves??

Nummor dwelled then in thought upon the Plungerboa. And He Spoke.

"Plungerboa! Snackreation will be your balm!! This multifaceted discipline, neutral in element, yet acting upon the elements you might choose to work, giving rise to A Snack That Rises From Your Very Thoughts!! This Snack might defend you, strike down your foe, or even placate him that opposes you, and afterwards probably still be tasty!!"

Teaching the Plungerboa of Snackreation!!: 1d20 17

vorebane fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jul 9, 2022

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

O'Steely, God of Axes
2/3 HP

quote:

"Heed my words cärefully, 'Äxe Will Sharpen Äxe'. The trials you face today will prepäre you for the trials you'll face tomorrow. Your ädversary is a beast no longer, he is a being of cunning much like your people and the Asaurted by the hands of Gods. Therefore you must become more cunning and more brutäl than them in return. Outwit them, outrun them, outfight them, learn from your enemy as they will most certainly learn from you in return, and know that we will not be the last Gods you will see, there will be more to come and their whims will be unpredictäble, so you must be prepäred.

But there was still much he needed to do himself, that last action had blunted his edge he could feel it in his quintessence. The approval of the Wisps had spared his first attempt but his second still floundered, there was much to do more Axes yet to spread upon this world before his inevitable departure back into the Ocean, and there was but one more People on Oneder he had yet to visit before his time was up.

quote:

Distant from the towering two storey spires of the Toothpickers were the Longclaws, who compared to their fellows were more scrawny but swifter than some of their larger compatriots but it left them picking at low hanging brushes without the strength of their larger neighbours to muscle in on the more verdant pastures. No sooner had the questioning Heretic spoken allowed his question to the Gods in the Ether did O'Steely descend from the heavens before him to lay down some divine inspiration.

"Yes." He answered plainly. "Would you like to know how?" And much like he'd done with the Plungerboa and the Aardiche, he clapped two divine hands on either side of the creature's temple and imbued thought.

"I will impärt onto you the deeper secrets of creating tools, for while the Axe is ideal for almost all circumstänces, there are some roles for which it's default shape render it ineffective for the täsk at händ. Consider the foundation of Boxes hammered into the ground, your stronger fellows merely use their hands and push them in but you cannot. Picking up a stone and hitting the top of the stäke with it works but is slow work if you cannot heft a large rock. However if you attach this rock to a stick, let the ärc of your swing add ädditional force to the blow the täsk is rendered complete quickly and eäsier than by händ or rock alone."

He was just gonna call it 'Tool-Making' but in for a small rock used as currency, in for a larger rock used as currency he might as well make a pun of it. "These are the tenänts of Ärtifaxe, you make täsks eäsier by creäting things to make them eäsier and as you and your people grow more cunning with time there will be more and more complicated problems you will face, adäpt to these chällenges, experiment with whät you have built to find solutions thät work for you, even the lärgest problems can be broken down with the right leveräge and the right tools."

O'Steely prepares his [Third Gift of Artifaxe] (He was just handing these out willynilly without naming them but he heard Crate-Ur describe his first two gifts as such and liked it) to hand to the distant Longclaw audacious enough to question the gods. Artifaxe is the cunning creation of tools and objects to 'make doing things easier' as it were, and yes whilst right now they are mostly to entirely Axe based, a lot of the things they can grasp making Axes, Axecessories and weird variant Axes will aid them in more complicated construction later.

Just now one of them invented a blunt axe for hammering sticks into the ground! Progress!

1d20 = 10

Hurrah I achieved double digits this time

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jul 9, 2022

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
You know what, I am feeling merciful. +1 O'Steely

+0 remaining

Wisp Points: 3

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Pandora, Goddess of Chaos [1HP]

Curious: The magic the squilb had learned, was, and was not what was taught.
It captured the spirit, the means and methods; but not the matter itself.
A curious magic, one clearly from Pandoras teachings, yet distinctly the squilbs own.
Pandora smiled, for it was good.
But there was more work to be done, starting with...

quote:

"Yes."

Satisfied, Pandora turned back to their favored people, that their work might continue.

"Squilb, your efforts please me greatly."
"But know this, my time in this world is short, and though I will live beyond my time here; my power to guide you personally will not."
"I will soon be barred from return for quite some time, and by that time I hope to leave you prepared to grow on your own."
"Not all the gods to come will be kind, or appreciate the blessing of chaos for what it is."
"In that regard, I ask you: be cautious."
"There is only so much that can be done, but mortals have outsmarted divine whims before, and I hope to see it again."

"Now, my next gift, observe: a Dolmen Gate, marked with my symbol 'pon its arch."
"A valuable tool, the gate leads to my kinds home, and from there to many, many other places."
"One day you might pass through yourselves, but you have much to learn of Warpweft before that is a journey to make safely."
"With time I would see you make gates such as this one, passing to and fro in the blink of an eye."
"But that is for the distant future, for now the gate is secured, ensuring you won't drift in until you are prepared."
""...But what comes out is another matter."
"A handful, a precious handful, of my younger sisters myriad will be permitted to come here."
"They are broadly kind or cruel as their whims decree, granting boons and banes in equal measure."
"I hope to find those predisposed towards kindness; granting them alone passage here to aid and enlighten in their own strange way."

Pandora brings forth the Sisters Myriad: 1d20 12

The gate rumbled to life from its place in the garden, neon glyphs glowing in the depths.
Soon the Myriad began to step (or swim, or fly, or writhe, etc) through, emerging with eager senses to experience a new world.
Pandora smiled, encouraging a young squilb to come forward.
One of the myriad stepped forward in turn, handing the youth a crystalline flower with a flourish.
With a delighted chirrup, the squilb swam back to its kin, and in turn their fellow deviant squilb would come forth; curious to learn of the new People to Twomb.

...Alas, the Myriad didn't quite belong to this world.
Chaos was an unnatural element to this place, and its people could not be apart from it's source for long.
Some Myriad would return through the gate, others would stay until they dissipated entirely.
But a handful would choose to stay, merging with a more stable element; giving up their fleeting power for mortality.

Gods would come, and gods would go, but after so very many years the Sisters Myriad would find a new home once more.

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Jul 9, 2022

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
+1 Pandora

Wisps remaining: -0
Wisp count: 3

What could go possibly wrong?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Blunt axes? HERESY!

-1 O'Steely

3 wisp 0- left

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
-1 Nummor

+- remain.

3rd wisping.

I want your action to succeed, I'm just sandbagging the mandatory negawisp and your number is high.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

+1 Pandora

-- remaining

Wisp Points: 3

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

+1 O Steely

3 Whisp points: 0- remaining.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
+1 Nummor

Remaining: --
WP: 3

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
+1 Nummor

Remaining: +0-

Wisp points: 2

The Wandering Mage
Jul 22, 2010
Abstain

Though another godly action might change my mind.

Wisp: 3
+-

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
Abstain

Votes Remaining: [-+]
Wisp Count: 3

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer

[Crate-Ur, God of Boxes][2 HP]

There was a [MIGHTY BANG] as [Crate-Ur] blew the very lid off of his divine chariangle and landed once more onto Oneder - crashing to the ground and leaving a deep impression in the dinearth straight before the cheeky little 'saurt who'd implicitly dared to question a [God]'s raison d'box. The divine being had by Its manifested nature no expression per se - but both the [Gods] and the Longclaw tribe member got the impression it was... frowning. Then It rose, rotated 180 degrees and it turned out that the frown was just upside down - as ably indicated by the arrows emblazoned on Its sides. It appeared [Crate-Ur] in its haste to reach the surface had struck top-first - and now It spoke excitedly and with cheer at the Longclaw tribe as they still reeled from the revelations of the two other [Gods].

"[Congratulations]! I was expecting [People] to first think [Outside The Boxes] in some Age past my [Unpackening], but here we are already! You have barely started thinking [Inside The Boxes] thanks to the [IKEƎA] and already you're exploring novel philosophical ideas - I couldn't be prouder of the [People] I granted my [First Gift]. Let me share something with you then, to go with what the others of the [First Pantheon] have told."

The [God] tilted forwards, in something that resembled a looming (and dangerously precarious) bow, tilting forwards until Its divine front almost touched the smaller Asaurted's head where an up-arrow rose.

"Of course there is more to life than [Boxes] - as [Great] as they are. It should be no secret the true potential of [Boxes] is best found in the frame of a larger [Something]. The other [Gods] of the [First Pantheon] who helped form the [Twin Worlds] and its [Foundational Elements] were not all [Gods Of Boxes], after all. Nor will the [Pantheons To Come] be, in the future Ages, for the [Domains of Gods] are unique. Be not afraid to question [What Is A Box] and [What Is Not A Box]. I leave it up to you to make sense of [My Gifts] and their many implications."

It leaned back with a thud - and somehow it seemed... less motile. Less whole. Some of the spack and shine of its former cubic presence had lessened - or had it already been so? Still, the stern creak of Its [Words] impacted those who heard Its [Lesson].

"Is it not more pleasing this way? Rejoice - for the [Gods] have made much for you to [Discover]."

----

quote:

TheNabster posted:

O'Steely, God of Axes
2/3 HP

"Heed my words cärefully, 'Äxe Will Sharpen Äxe'. The trials you face today will prepäre you for the trials you'll face tomorrow. Your ädversary is a beast no longer, he is a being of cunning much like your people and the Asaurted by the hands of Gods. Therefore you must become more cunning and more brutäl than them in return. Outwit them, outrun them, outfight them, learn from your enemy as they will most certainly learn from you in return, and know that we will not be the last Gods you will see, there will be more to come and their whims will be unpredictäble, so you must be prepäred.

"[Hold It!]"

Rotating into this speech and the bitterly upset Plungerboa's view came [Crate-Ur, God of Boxes], speaking sternly. Though They did not sound angry, merely... purposeful.

"[That Is Not All], little playball. We of the [First Pantheon of Nowhere] are handing out our [Gifts] before our final [Unpackening] is due. [O'Steely], being the [God of Axes] - also a [Foundational Element] and the [Essence of Separation], [Shaping] and [Destruction] - is wont to hand out things of [Axes]. It flavors his view like [Snacks], but the truth is as he says - you are not alone. Both the Aardiche and Plungerboa were worthy to be elevated to the role of [People] - as were the Asaurteds here on Oneder. There are even [People] on [Twomb] - ah, the big [Black-Blue Orb In The Skybox] - though I doubt any of you will ever meet..."

The [Spirited Squarer] paused its grand speech and tilted thoughtfully to one side as it scrutinized the axe-holding Plungerboa. Arrows began to shift and rise across its divine form - all pointing up.

"Well, perhaps you might plunge onto their icy shores some distant day."

It did not elaborate, but instead focused back on the furious prayer It had been there to address.

"Aardiche, Plungerboa and Asaurted others... you are all [People] now, but the truth is your [Competitions] do not have to be bitter and [Unto Unpackening]. To deal with an irate Aardiche you could struggle mightily - or you could put something of worth in a [Box] and put it in its path. There is something special about [Unboxing] something - to find a nice and useful [Something] inside can bring joy and achievement - [It Is Proper] and is one of the many reasons why [Boxes] are [Good]. Once learned few can turn down a proffered [Box] - and only a true fool would ruin its source for good. In this way, call it gift or tribute, [People] could protect themselves if their strength were the lesser and their sense was not on conflict. Casualty-free raiding, if you will."

[Crate-Ur] loomed over the young female Plungerboa, arrows rising faster and faster, some skipping the bound of its shape and launching themselves clear up into the sky. The signs of age bled away as the God spoke next - and the sharp colored angles that pierced skywards across Its manifest form began to blaze like fireworks as they vanished into the Neon haze of the evening. It was a sight to behold - and the sheen of it was reflected off of the shocked Plungerboa's now-shining hide.

"This [Holy Quest] I task unto you, Baxie: with [Axe] and [Box] in paw, wander these lands and teach the Aardiche, Asaurted and Plungerboa to produce and carry [Lootcrates] to proffer in competition and comminglement - should they have such an inclination. To produce such [Boxes], seek out the Asaurted and learn their ways. What else you do with this - the [Third Gift of Crate-Ur] - is up to you, but in true tradition I ask in exchange that you mark and respect the [4 Commandments Of Crate-Ur, Now Swiftly Shared]."

Understanding dawned on Baxie then - not just of the [Crate-Ur's Commandments] - but that those arrows were all for her. Somewhere, someplace - in some primal Axkashic Record - something had ticked up, and up, and up. She had become... a [Hero].

Create a Plungerboa Packrat Hero - [Baxie the Boxcarrier]: 1d20 19

Scribbleykins fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jul 9, 2022

Theanael
Jun 21, 2019
+1 to Pandora.

Remaining Options : 0 -
Wispoints : 3

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
+1 Crate-Ur

+-0 WP:2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
-1 to Crate-Ur, dumping a negative here.
+-
Wisppoints: 3