Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Max Wilco posted:

fucks sake, I give up. just threadban me already.

Stop posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Sydin posted:

I'd honestly rather talk about Snyder.

Snyder should put the One Piece rap in his next movie

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I don't get why they used Steppenwolf instead of Darkseid in the JL movie, who the gently caress has heard of Steppenwolf

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

The Saddest Rhino posted:

dude you could just say you were mistaken and lol about it. what's with all these dramatics are you a slowmo sequence in 300

Because it seemed we were just glossing over his pro-eugenics stuff, and we just got off a discussion about how we perceive people and media having themes or messages that they didn't intend. I wanted post screenshots to show that, yes he has very bluntly shown support for eugenics, and still continues to have that mindset.

But fine, I hosed up. It wasn't because I was 'mistaken', it was because I was being redundant. I'm sorry for the unnecessary post, and I'm sorry for blowing up about it. I just get frustrated trying to participate in the thread, because half the time I do decide to post something here, it goes over poorly, and I feel it's better if I just stop posting in the thread altogether.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It's just a fairly hostile thread Max, it's not personal.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Sydin posted:

Cinema Robbie honestly doesn't deserves long winded posts one way or the other wrt his character. He sucks and should be ignored. That's it, the end. No moral. Do not pass Go, do not collect $200.

Movie Bob is easy to talk about because you can look at the words he says and everyone will agree they objectively suck. Well, except for that one guy who was posting here for a while, but I guess he abandoned the thread after someone pointed out he was telling Movie Bob this thread was somehow organizing enough to harass Bob in his tweet replies.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

nine-gear crow posted:

Stop posting.

If you think about it, that's a self-threadban.

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

Garrand posted:

I think we should shut down this thread, go to the book barn and pick up some books because there's a serious lack of reading comprehension here

the gently caress did you say about my mom?!

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

Solitair posted:

Devils Affricate posted:

The man who does not post for fear of probation, has already banned himself

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Solitair posted:

Something something "be the change you want to see in the world" he won't because relentlessly posting in this thread is a like a loving meth addiction to some people

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Let's post something chill then:
Anatoly Shashkin / Dos Nostalgic recently put out another MS-DOS games in <year> video, this time for 1998, it's almost no commentary outside of the introduction but it's a neat view into some gaming history. Can also recommend the others in the series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZshimNwqcA

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Nuns with Guns posted:

Movie Bob is easy to talk about because you can look at the words he says and everyone will agree they objectively suck. Well, except for that one guy who was posting here for a while, but I guess he abandoned the thread after someone pointed out he was telling Movie Bob this thread was somehow organizing enough to harass Bob in his tweet replies.

If we're thinking of the same guy then he was legit in Lindsay's mentions trying to tut tut her for being publicly mean to Movie Bob over his weird stalking of her, lmao

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

he left this thread to go to D&D and be an even bigger freak

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
The only good poster in this thread was that person that lurked for 500 pages and only posted to defend their FE waifu.

True discipline wrt posting.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
They’ve got their priorities in order

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

movie bobs voice is so irritating

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

nine-gear crow posted:

Something something "be the change you want to see in the world" he won't because relentlessly posting in this thread is a like a loving meth addiction to some people

chill out weirdo

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

moviebob is a dweeb wannabe-fascist (and with enough cognitive dissonance to think hes liberal) who talks like a bad guy in a jrpg right before firing a laser gun at the planet

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The only good poster in this thread was that person that lurked for 500 pages and only posted to defend their FE waifu.

i wish to know more about this lmao

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

actually never mind stupid comment

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Hel posted:

Let's post something chill then:
Anatoly Shashkin / Dos Nostalgic recently put out another MS-DOS games in <year> video, this time for 1998, it's almost no commentary outside of the introduction but it's a neat view into some gaming history. Can also recommend the others in the series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZshimNwqcA

Thanks for this.

Re how to use this thread: I just scroll through all the posts until I see a video that looks cool.

Been scrolling more than usual lately, maybe YT is having a bit of a dry spell.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Don't remember this poster but they're on the right side of history

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery

The Saddest Rhino posted:

i wish to know more about this lmao
She's talking about Perfect Potato, who emerged on page 512

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Who was the waifu

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

SpiritualDeath posted:

She's talking about Perfect Potato, who emerged on page 512

lmao that's even funnier, they didn't emerge from the mist to defend their waifu, they emerged from the mist to attack other people's waifu completely unprompted because of how much they hate them

Macaluso posted:

Who was the waifu

edelgard

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Gaius Marius posted:

I don't get why they used Steppenwolf instead of Darkseid in the JL movie, who the gently caress has heard of Steppenwolf

JL but every time Steppenwolf is on screen, Born to Be Wild is playing as if its coming off of his person. Diegetic Steppenwolf coming off of Steppenwolf.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Gaius Marius posted:

Gotta milk the franchise for a another decade until you crack out the big big bad. Surely if Disney can do it, we can do it with much worse writers and directors?

Wrageowrapper
Apr 30, 2009

DRINK! ARSE! FECKIN CHRISTMAS!

Gaius Marius posted:

Herman Hesse?

People should read Steppenwolf its a good book.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Sydin posted:

Cinema Robbie honestly doesn't deserves long winded posts one way or the other wrt his character. He sucks and should be ignored. That's it, the end. No moral. Do not pass Go, do not collect $200.

Well do I have a series of videos for you! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9juReoJxI0

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Gaius Marius posted:

I have. Ever heard of a little Archie published comic called Knuckles the Echidna??

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Bug Squash posted:

Gotta milk the franchise for a another decade until you crack out the big big bad. Surely if Disney can do it, we can do it with much worse writers and directors?

Darkseid has a bunch of lackeys who are more interesting than Steppenwolf. It's just a weird choice to pick the dude who is the boring muscle henchman.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

They saved the interesting henchmen for the Snyder Cut.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Darkseid has a bunch of lackeys who are more interesting than Steppenwolf. It's just a weird choice to pick the dude who is the boring muscle henchman.

They will make Granny Goodness skinny and boring

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Alaois posted:

lmao that's even funnier, they didn't emerge from the mist to defend their waifu, they emerged from the mist to attack other people's waifu completely unprompted because of how much they hate them

edelgard

Edelgard discourse never dies

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Wrageowrapper posted:

Herman Hesse?

People should read Steppenwolf its a good book.

I read Demian and wasn't amazed, I'm sure if I was a teen and read it is be all about jacking off to my friends mom's portrait but it doesn't really hit when you're older. I got a copy of Glass Bead Game kicking around though, maybe I'll give that a look

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Alaois posted:

edelgard

this is the only poster itt I respect, including myself

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
waifus do not interest me

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Gaius Marius posted:

I read Demian and wasn't amazed, I'm sure if I was a teen and read it is be all about jacking off to my friends mom's portrait but it doesn't really hit when you're older. I got a copy of Glass Bead Game kicking around though, maybe I'll give that a look

I loved the hell out of Glass Bead Game when I read it 15 years ago. I remember it being pretty dry though. I wonder how it holds up.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Violen posted:

chill out weirdo

Sorry to hear about your posting addiction. Hope you get help.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

Sorry to hear about your posting addiction. Hope you get help.

that person has 10 less pages of posts in this thread than you do