Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I'm a veteran, I'll be on a re-education camp list, not the murder-in-the-desert list.

Assuming I live that long, these cigarettes might catch me an early exit.

Quit smoking you dumb rear end in a top hat

It’s the most miserable painful death ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huragok
Sep 14, 2011

MLSM posted:

It’s the most miserable painful death ever

counterpoint: it looks cool

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

MLSM posted:

No.

Huragok posted:

counterpoint: it looks cool

Not anymore. It was when I started in the 90s.

When the balk comes, I'll be like Kevin Costner in the beginning of the Postman, wandering the wasteland in search of unmolested cigarette machines.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I think the future of balking lies in internal corporate documents, not random weird maps polisci dudes put together that say Texas is in Appalachia.

Like KFC or whoever has their big map subdiving the US into product markets and franchise exclusive territories. The US Office for Balking Studies or whoever should just steal that and say those are states and counties now

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lmao smoking tobacco in 2022

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
vape bitcoins

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

I think the future of balking lies in internal corporate documents, not random weird maps polisci dudes put together that say Texas is in Appalachia.

Like KFC or whoever has their big map subdiving the US into product markets and franchise exclusive territories. The US Office for Balking Studies or whoever should just steal that and say those are states and counties now

the one thing that can be guaranteed is that nothing will have a cool name. you will either end up living in "REGION 3" or "The Constitutional Republic of Freedomtown, A Subsidiary of EXXON"

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

the one thing that can be guaranteed is that nothing will have a cool name. you will either end up living in "REGION 3" or "The Constitutional Republic of Freedomtown, A Subsidiary of EXXON"

6 different places all call themselves cascadia, have the war of the cascadias

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Good soup! posted:

I started in 1998.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I started in 1998.

does your throat always feel like its on fire/do you wake up dry and coughing every morning, when I smoked for a few years it was like that an ld urgh never wanna go back

otoh dealing in illegal cigarette trading over the balk lines will be a good way to survive in the future, until you get caught

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

maintaining a light but consistent habit a la kim kitsuragi is actually cool as hell

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.

Good soup! posted:

it's been a week since my last cigarette, still coughin up some tar

buttonless MTL vapes are nice for simulating the motions

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Mayor Dave posted:

you're thinking that they won't institute forced labor for undesirables

Ahh, so build the wall to keep them in East German style. Gotcha.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Not even something as cool and cyberpunky and dystopian as "Region 3". Each region will simply call itself "the USA".

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

DrSunshine posted:

Not even something as cool and cyberpunky and dystopian as "Region 3". Each region will simply call itself "the USA".

buddy if you lived in Region 3, you wouldn't think it's so cool!!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

First balk the country into three regions.

Label the regions Region 1, Region 2, and Region 4...

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

my bony fealty posted:

does your throat always feel like its on fire/do you wake up dry and coughing every morning, when I smoked for a few years it was like that an ld urgh never wanna go back

otoh dealing in illegal cigarette trading over the balk lines will be a good way to survive in the future, until you get caught

Nah. That's a difference in tobacco. When I smoked camel filters, I'd wake up hacking poo poo from my lungs. I've been a Pall Mall guy most of my life, nonfilters or 100s I rip the filters off ($4/pack cheaper that way). I have a smoker cough but never get the forest fire in my throat feeling. Also I keep moving to higher elevations.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

lol that's some 1950's "8 out of 12 doctors recommend lucky strike" bullshit

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Different tobacco blends result in different flavors, some produce more tar. Camels really did a number on me, I woke up with way more phlegm when I smoked them, same with Marlboros.

I started on Pall Mall nonfilters because my friend and I would steal them from his dad's freezer. I always liked them, wound up going back to them after years of bouncing brands. No cigarette is healthier than any other cigarette, I just have my preference.

Luckys are dry, terrible poo poo. Camel nonfilters are only marginally better.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
one by one, challengers attempted to roast crusty minge for their tobacco use. one by one, they were incinerated like that day's pack of pall malls.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Do you at least call them something cool like coffin nails or analog vapes?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
No.

When the balk happens, I'm moving to flavor country.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I had my mother in law buy a carton of whatever smokes for me when she went to Nevada this weekend. I've never done nicotine, the ciggies are just for trading and bribes

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

projecthalaxy posted:

Cancer sticks

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Corey, Trevor - let's go, smokes.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I started in 1998.

rip

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!
Smoke'em if you got'em.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

gently caress it you know somethin's gotta kill ye

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Just imagine caring about anyone smoking tobacco or getting some hypothetical future lung cancer. I'd love my existence to be so blissful that I think smoking is an actual problem somehow.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Thinking you're going to die soon or die quick is a logical fallacy that tends to lead to one living to 55 or 60 and being in absolute physical agony the last 10 or so years. Yes, in more agony than being old in hellworld will ordinarily bring.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Don't worry, I'll smoke my way through it with weed.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Don't worry, I'll smoke my way through it with weed.

:same: I don't even smoke tobacco

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

projecthalaxy posted:

Anytime someone uses the "another nail in the coffin" analogy when I light up, I just remind them that every day is another nail in the coffin for all of us, and they usually shut up

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

I hosed up my back for life weightlifting for football when I was 15 I'm already doomed to be in agony when I am 55

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011
hooting and hollering about death by smoking while i sip my fifth beer of the night

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

TeenageArchipelago posted:

I hosed up my back for life weightlifting for football when I was 15 I'm already doomed to be in agony when I am 55

lifting weights rocks bc your back will be irrevocably hosed up if you don't lift too

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

War and Pieces posted:

lifting weights rocks bc your back will be irrevocably hosed up if you don't lift too

my back is in pain whenever I’m not lifting weights consistently

biceps crimes has issued a correction as of 04:54 on Jul 6, 2022

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

War and Pieces posted:

Light lifting and doing grandpa tier exercising and stopping immediately if I even think something is about to go has paid off in being the only middle aged person i know who doesn't hurt (physically, I mean)

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

wonder how much healthier I am for smoking because of all the calories I would have eaten otherwise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

ok so new balk map:

smokers and non smokers