Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

titties posted:

I'm just coming back to this game after playing it some in 2017 / 18

I'm at about 1520 light on my main and higher level gear is trickling in much slower than before. The things i do get often have a higher light level but less overall attribute points.

What activities should i be doing now? I own none of the dlc, only the base game and i have the skills of a drunken 4 year old

If you don't own any of the DLCs, all you can really do for power upgrades are:

1. general play waiting for prime engrams to boost you
2. Playlist pinnacles (Vanguard, Crucible, and Gambit),
3. the free dungeon Prophecy
4. free Vault of Glass raid

I think that's it? someone else could probably make a more complete list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Prophecy and VoG will occasionally be a Pinnacle +2 reward as well.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I sure hope nothing happens to my good friend Eris Morn at reset, I hope she is perfectly fine and not at all in any danger/is the danger.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Judge Tesla posted:

I sure hope nothing happens to my good friend Eris Morn at reset, I hope she is perfectly fine and not at all in any danger/is the danger.

:ohdear:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Don’t worry, Eris can’t die until she shows up as the end boss of the Lightfall raid

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

haveblue posted:

Don’t worry, Eris can’t die until she shows up as the end boss of the Lightfall raid

She also has to be the vendor for whatever green suclass is coming up

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Ah no, not lighting up the trials armour, like D1's nightfall aura. That shows up when they have their normal armour on as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vOnhCoqBgY

Something like that, or an outline glow; or like I say, emblems that show up hovering over the arm advertising that you've done the thing this week.

Buddy, what do you think this is, D1 where you can get cool looking light up stuff on your armor? Gtfo

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

I kinda think Caiatl is the character we should be more worried about, considering there's a whole dungeon about the horror/guilt feelings that her father has about killing his daughter

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Judge Tesla posted:

How busy is her voice actor right now?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

How busy is her voice actor right now?

Her entire career has been voices in games and cartoons so she's probably safe. It seems like it's the live action movie/TV stars that get cost cut.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The whole cabal accompanying you in missions is test grounds for having Caitl accompany your raid party whenever it’s time to kill Calus in a raid.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Judge Tesla posted:

I feel like the next mission won't be until nearer the end of the season. One possibility:

The final person we have to cleanse of her nightmares is Eris, which offers a genuine storyline reason for the Crota raid coming back.

E: What if you have to cleanse her ball to get the D2 Touch of Malice?

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jul 5, 2022

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I feel like the next mission won't be until nearer the end of the season. One possibility:

The final person we have to cleanse of her nightmares is Eris, which offers a genuine storyline reason for the Crota raid coming back.

E: What if you have to cleanse her ball to get the D2 Touch of Malice?

This was a quest chain in Shadowkeep, her fireteam was her nightmare

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Aren't they all still red & hovering behind her, or does this mean I have somehow not finished Shadowkeep?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Aren't they all still red & hovering behind her, or does this mean I have somehow not finished Shadowkeep?

They disappear as you collect all the mementos and she lays them out on that table.

She never gets the glowy blue nightmares (daydreams?) though so I guess that's a nightmare lore that Bungie wrote into the game this season. I guess this raises the opportunity to reprise her nightmares.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Crota's End coming back would be very funny considering I can beat his rear end in Xur's gameshow whenever I want.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

IIRC, Eris asks you to collect some keepsakes from her buddies in a series of quests that are disconnected from the main shadow keep story. It brings her some measure of peace. :unsmith:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

^^^ I did those, I guess I haven't really been back to the moon much except on my alts which I can't be arsed to do the dreambane grind for.

Judge Tesla posted:

Crota's End coming back would be very funny considering I can beat his rear end in Xur's gameshow whenever I want.
Also that it's a 'raid' that's shorter than a few of the dungeons.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jul 5, 2022

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Crota's End is specifically explicitly confirmed not coming back as part of Year 5

King's Fall is the expected raid but some holdouts/righteous few are still hoping against hope for Wrath of the Machine

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

xzzy posted:

They disappear as you collect all the mementos and she lays them out on that table.

She never gets the glowy blue nightmares (daydreams?) though so I guess that's a nightmare lore that Bungie wrote into the game this season. I guess this raises the opportunity to reprise her nightmares.

She never got rid of her nightmares. Instead they've been turned into her private war council she can bounces ideas with.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

curious what the Arc 3.0 class will be like for Warlock when it drops. Right now I use it when wearing the tempest crown helm since it gives a nice loop of feeding one ability into the next, though it still amounts to basically "use electrocution melee to rejuvenate my thundering grenade" and then occasionally going Palpatine and having my little orb buddy come out for my rifts. Solar's "fly around like an rear end in a top hat" and Void's "asplosions to feed health/regeneration" have clear paths but idk what they should do for Arc.

Guessing they'll keep that rift buddy as one of the 3 traits but I'd like a more interesting grenade, too. Maybe consuming grenade energy turns you into a living light socket with arc poo poo flying off into random enemies.

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Crota's End is specifically explicitly confirmed not coming back as part of Year 5

King's Fall is the expected raid but some holdouts/righteous few are still hoping against hope for Wrath of the Machine

I was thinking Crota cold come back as a dungeon. Would be okay, outside of the shrieking children of the Destiny subreddit

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Make it a lost sector, you leap of faith your way into the hellmouth and it turns out there's a hive knight down there cosplaying as crota.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

xzzy posted:

Make it a lost sector, you leap of faith your way into the hellmouth and it turns out there's a hive knight down there cosplaying as crota.

Bring back the devoted crota fanboy from Court of Oryx

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Arc will definitely have emphases on Melee (especially for Titan/Hunter, though Arc Warlock is due for a melee rework too), mobility/sprinting, chaining lightning, and probably sustain via chunks of burst healing on kills (to contrast with the restoration from solar and devour from void)

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Hunter's gonna need the most work with arc. All three badly need an update but both titan and warlock have two viable super designs to work with. Hunter's static rod is super one dimensional, the subclass needs a second option.. hopefully with some range.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Give arc hunters wall running and an (electric) grapple hook.

And a titan ultimate.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Give arc hunters wall running and an (electric) grapple hook.

And a titan ultimate.

Literally a thundercrashing titan

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I’m not anticipating healing from Arc but I am expecting some variation of “charged” that probably gives insane RoF/Reload and some sort of chain lighting.

Welcome to the Hero’s Cry meta or whatever the name of that slow rear end HC is.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

woo, it's reaper time, baby!

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.

hiddenriverninja posted:

woo, it's reaper time, baby!

Unless I'm mistaken, we need one more Orb after this week to finish the grid? So next week is Reaper time. :(

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Well that was a way to end the seasonal questline.

You beat Calus but lose anyway because he's already uploaded his brain to the pyramid and fucks off after the fight.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Judge Tesla posted:

Well that was a way to end the seasonal questline.

You beat Calus but lose anyway because he's already uploaded his brain to the pyramid and fucks off after the fight.

Hey but everyone’s brain is better and Zavala is gonna get to see how far he can fit his head up Caiatl’s triangle shaped hoo-ha

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Tensokuu posted:

Unless I'm mistaken, we need one more Orb after this week to finish the grid? So next week is Reaper time. :(

I think you get one from finishing the quest line.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

^burtle posted:

I think you get one from finishing the quest line.

Correct, I am a reaper right now. yay(?)

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Week 1 someone is going to discover an arc combo that instantly triggers a bird error.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

xzzy posted:

Trials does use SBMM, but they've tried to craft it into an gripping endgame pvp mode so it has a bunch of exceptions. They still need the flawless pool.

Trials has no SBMM whatsoever.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Does anything in this game have SBMM? I am under the assumption that Survival is based on your rank and not SBMM.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Spoilers for after audio log thing after the mission: Do we know who Rat is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Oxyclean posted:

Spoilers for after audio log thing after the mission: Do we know who Rat is?
Drifter, I think. So he's gone to the reef?