Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

AirRaid posted:

It would look cooler if the suspension wasn’t broken.

That's not broken, that's just low. I see no demon camber VIP asshattery.

As Nero Danced posted:

Speaking of, Smyth Kits made a new charger conversion kit

I don't know if I dig it as much as the first generation, I think the blocky lines of that generation lent themselves better to being a truck, but this one will have the better interior (and engine options depending on how wacky you want to get).

Wonder how it would look with the challenger front clip

Hell yeah!

Wrench Every Day just converted their cop Charger "Roadblock" to a ute with the Smyth kit after a tree fell on the back window and trunk. Perfect situation for it.
I kind of want one, too.
Actually, I want to ute my Crown Vic, but it's a lot more difficult with the fuel tank location on the last generation Panthers (it's over and just behind the rear axle - right where a bed floor would go,) which I guess is why Smyth hasn't made a kit for those. Adds a bit of complexity fiddling with the fuel system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Preoptopus posted:

The new BMW 7 Series gets a 31 inch 8k tv screen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0FiOmJ3iqA

Christ the new BMW front end looks worse every time I see it.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

What the actual gently caress?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MujOX_rzSH8

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

PUT THIS WANKSTAIN ON IGNORE
I like how the word Ute seems to be catching on overseas. I thought it was just an Aussie thing :D

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

I remember seeing the press shot like a year ago. I am shocked its running Subaru boxer tbh

This one

lilbeefer fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jul 3, 2022

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
There's a big old Black Rifle Coffee sticker on the back which I'm not thrilled by.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

um excuse me posted:

There's a big old Black Rifle Coffee sticker on the back which I'm not thrilled by.

Yeah I noticed that, and I remember them being controversial for some reason. Sucky, but I mean, it's race car sponsors. How woke do you figure private equity firms and wealth management services are, really. Maybe they get a pass for not being vocal chuds?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Went to a car show with my dad today.

First car show I've been to in like 10 years, first one I've been to with him in probably 20+. It was good, I remember going to car shows when I was a youngun' with him and my now deceased uncle hearing all the music from the 50s and 60s which I happen to like, maybe because of that, maybe not. The smell of hotdogs, hamburgers, and fried onions in the air. Some old fat dudes walking around the show screaming out that they were selling 50/50 tickets, and of course the usual hotrods, restorations, survivors, and so on. My dad who is 80 now and forgets a bunch of poo poo, but can still tell the difference between a 48 and 49 Chevy*** from 50 feet away, and 15 different ways to tell a 55 Thunderbird from a 56 just by looking at it.

It was a small local show, put together by some random dude that likes cars. There was a pretty decent turn out. A lot more cars than I was expecting anyway.

*** I have no idea how different a 48 and 49 Chevy are from each other, maybe they're totally fuckin different, but even them shits that are almost exactly the same he can tell which is which.

Here's a bunch of pics in no particular order.

wesleywillis fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jul 4, 2022

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Finger Prince posted:

Yeah I noticed that, and I remember them being controversial for some reason. Sucky, but I mean, it's race car sponsors. How woke do you figure private equity firms and wealth management services are, really. Maybe they get a pass for not being vocal chuds?

The further you go, the shittier the news gets, friend.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
There are too many to try to boycott them all, so I personally draw the line at the ones who explicitly make their chud identity part of their marketing, a la Black Rifle, Chic Fil A, Hobby Lobby, etc. Any brand someone might see me with and more or less reasonably either assume I'm 'one of them' or that I don't care. I'm not one of them, and I do care.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Imagined posted:

There are too many to try to boycott them all, so I personally draw the line at the ones who explicitly make their chud identity part of their marketing, a la Black Rifle, Chic Fil A, Hobby Lobby, etc. Any brand someone might see me with and more or less reasonably either assume I'm 'one of them' or that I don't care. I'm not one of them, and I do care.

That's a reasonable stance to take, and I'd like to think I'd do the same, but I don't know how blurred the optics get on the other side of the table. I've never had to court motorsports sponsors. Maybe when half your job is schmoozing lovely people with money, vetting their ethics comes second to "we'll give you half a million dollars to put our logo on your car". I know that as a spectator, I can't unenjoy the sight of a bonkers old subaru with transformers-esque active aero flying up a hill because I caught a glimpse of a shithead brand logo on the 8th pass.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Finger Prince posted:

That's a reasonable stance to take, and I'd like to think I'd do the same, but I don't know how blurred the optics get on the other side of the table. I've never had to court motorsports sponsors. Maybe when half your job is schmoozing lovely people with money, vetting their ethics comes second to "we'll give you half a million dollars to put our logo on your car". I know that as a spectator, I can't unenjoy the sight of a bonkers old subaru with transformers-esque active aero flying up a hill because I caught a glimpse of a shithead brand logo on the 8th pass.

AFAIK Black Rifle has been like THE chud coffee but it's not quite like when Richard from Binky personally told me to gently caress off and stop watching the videos if I had a problem with his politics so while I'll side eye them from now on, it's not a reason to completely tell them to eat poo poo.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Large Testicles posted:

...it's not quite like when Richard from Binky personally told me to gently caress off and stop watching the videos if I had a problem with his politics...

:lol: covid denier who then started making GBS threads it when his family caught it.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Large Testicles posted:

AFAIK Black Rifle has been like THE chud coffee but it's not quite like when Richard from Binky personally told me to gently caress off and stop watching the videos if I had a problem with his politics so while I'll side eye them from now on, it's not a reason to completely tell them to eat poo poo.

Wait you're not talking about Richard Brunning from BOM are you?

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.

fridge corn posted:

Wait you're not talking about Richard Brunning from BOM are you?

He is. Do not follow the Twitter feeds of your heroes.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I'm not even sure what you could put these on but they're very cool.

https://twitter.com/jak3saysthings/status/1543627292987068419?s=20&t=HlcACHUrseMrHkM__ZLJlg

Walter Wolf is an interesting character!

https://kyushashoes.com/whoiswalterwolf/

quote:

It wasn’t until I aged and grew into motorsports a bit more, that I realized the existence of a seventies Formula 1 team that shared the same name. Then in 2013 I came across the name again. This time it wasn’t in relationship to wheels or motorsports at all though. Instead it was on my evening news.

Could the Walter Wolf attached to Walter Wolf Racing be the same Walter Wolf wanted by Interpol with a rumoured bounty on his head? Yes, they are one and the same. That’s one clue that there is a pretty interesting story that may go along with these wheels.

The allegations of arms brokering, bribery and organized crime that landed him on Interpol’s wanted list aren’t the only interesting part though. Walter Wolf seems like he would better fit a James Bond film, than the ranch he resides at near Kamploops BC. Nevermind that that ranch is 7000 acres large. Walter Wolf: the first Canadian to ever own a Formula 1 team, is an international business man who made millions from nothing.

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jul 4, 2022

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Saukkis posted:

He is. Do not follow the Twitter feeds of your heroes.

Oof

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I'm not even sure what you could put these on but they're very cool.

https://twitter.com/jak3saysthings/status/1543627292987068419?s=20&t=HlcACHUrseMrHkM__ZLJlg

Walter Wolf is an interesting character!

https://kyushashoes.com/whoiswalterwolf/

Absolutely an old boxy mercedes. Something like a 90s 500e.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Finger Prince posted:

Absolutely an old boxy mercedes. Something like a 90s 500e.

YES. Mk1 MR2, Lotus Esprit or something. I'm into it.

https://twitter.com/hassanrahim/status/1543959800983089153?s=20&t=umXJ5PyDIevkArsPR3Nmsw

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

R30 Skyline

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

That's a cool effect. Not sure about taking it down to bare metal around the headlights, I think it would have cooler to leave some paint there. Maybe it was necessary though.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

dphi posted:

R30 Skyline

Early 80's Mazda Cosmo/Luce four door hardtop.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

There's an older truck around town with a similar "sanded down lots of paint layers" look, think they finally called it finished and shot a couple layers of clear over it. Looks really good in person

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Fordite: The car.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Anything threat is original and not perfect show paint job with perfect chrome is cool to me. Starting to see some car shows that specify that rat rods, patina rods etc… will not be accepted because of the young poors can have it then it isn’t allowed in our boomer safe space dagnabit.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
World's gnarliest Taco rides again
https://youtu.be/sN3VaqBIc4s

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

It's a cool effect and cool story, but not quite the "beater Miura" of my dreams.

dphi posted:

R30 Skyline

:sickos:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Everything but the wheel.

https://twitter.com/CedricFreour/status/1544040890536235011?s=20&t=Y9qC0Br2gjKWOq-WQZii3g

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

The wheel is pretty funky, but it does look like they left the plastic wrap on it at parked in the sun. I wonder if it's actual marble or marble-look? The seats kind of look like a bowl of popcorn.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Finger Prince posted:

The wheel is pretty funky, but it does look like they left the plastic wrap on it at parked in the sun. I wonder if it's actual marble or marble-look? The seats kind of look like a bowl of popcorn.

If it's actual marble, I give it 2 drives before the entire wheel snaps off. Marble (especially one with veining like that) is super fragile at that thickness. You'd probably break it if you hit it with your legs while getting into the car.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

loving airbrakes?
And a big old air duct from the roof to the rear diffuser.

That's neat. I ran into a 2002 at our rotary car meet on 6/4 that had something similar done to it:

It's a rotary, too, with a Holley Sniper EFI:

There was another 2002 there as well:

Also EFI, but using the stock FD mechanicals, at least, and a turbo:

This nice old thing also showed rattled up:

And this:

V8, not V12 - still neat. He had just sold it to someone, meeting them in an adjacent parking lot.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Welp, Travis is a chud too, huh?

Darchangel posted:

loving airbrakes?
And a big old air duct from the roof to the rear diffuser.

What does the duct to the diffuser do? More air = more downforce?

MetaJew fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jul 5, 2022

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

Immediately thought of this custom Visa for sale:

https://www.nettiauto.com/en/citroen/visa/12909124

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Crossposting from the AI Facebook group, some very awesome (and tempting) AI poo poo for sale near me! Legitimately debating on talking to my bank because holy poo poo.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

T1g4h posted:

Crossposting from the AI Facebook group, some very awesome (and tempting) AI poo poo for sale near me! Legitimately debating on talking to my bank because holy poo poo.

If you have to talk to your bank to come up with 2 grand to buy an untitled Dodge Daytona with a definitely legitimate 35k miles, Shelby decals or no... Maybe pass.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Finger Prince posted:

If you have to talk to your bank to come up with 2 grand to buy an untitled Dodge Daytona with a definitely legitimate 35k miles, Shelby decals or no... Maybe pass.

What is this, Financial Sanity? :colbert:

I know you're definitely right but goddamn, seeing an actual Turbo Daytona Z in the wild does things to my brain that make sense and logic go out the window. Especially when my current daily is a P71 that guzzles gas and my thought process goes "Well it's a 4 cylinder so you could daily it and save money while working on the cop car" :v:

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

T1g4h posted:

No, but if you need a loan for a $2k basket case you obviously can't even afford to make it run. Or even if you did afford tires to make it barely safe to drive. Sorry dude. Sometimes there has to be some sanity.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Motronic posted:

No, but if you need a loan for a $2k basket case you obviously can't even afford to make it run. Sorry dude. Sometimes there has to be some sanity.

Psssht, someone clearly didn't read the window where it says "Runs and drives" :v:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

T1g4h posted:

I know you're definitely right but goddamn, seeing an actual Turbo Daytona Z in the wild does things to my brain that make sense and logic go out the window. Especially when my current daily is a P71 that guzzles gas and my thought process goes "Well it's a 4 cylinder so you could daily it and save money while working on the cop car" :v:

Offer them the P71 in trade. Be that guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

I'm not trying to harsh your fever dream. But you asked.

Also, that car is a piece of poo poo. Hope that helps.