Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

papa horny michael posted:

Strategically voting trump in a majority red state so that when my voting records and party affiliation are released by the local government through foia request I don't lose my job

funny you should mention it

Jakarta Method

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

love how kamala is nodding thoughtfully at his :dementia: babble when this would have been the one apropopriate moment for her crazy cackle instead.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://mobile.twitter.com/IsaacDovere/status/1544357513449164800

ahahahahahaha

quote:

Debra Messing was fed up. The former "Will & Grace" star was among dozens of celebrity Democratic supporters and activists who joined a call with White House aides last Monday to discuss the Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade.

The mood was fatalistic, according to three people on the call, which was also co-organized by the advocacy group Build Back Better Together.

Messing said she'd gotten Joe Biden elected and wanted to know why she was being asked to do anything at all, yelling that there didn't even seem a point to voting. Others wondered why the call was happening.

the whole thing is gold

quote:

President isn't acting with -- or perhaps is even capable of -- the urgency the moment demands.

"Rudderless, aimless and hopeless" is how one member of Congress described the White House.

Two dozen leading Democratic politicians and operatives, as well as several within the West Wing, tell CNN they feel this goes deeper than questions of ideology and posture. Instead, they say, it gets to questions of basic management.

quote:

White House counsel Dana Remus had assured senior aides the Supreme Court wouldn't rule on abortion that day. A White House press aide assigned to the issue was walking to get coffee when the alert hit. Several Democratic leaders privately mocked how the President stood in the foyer of the White House, squinting through his remarks from a teleprompter as demonstrators poured into the streets, making only vague promises of action because he and aides hadn't decided on more.

quote:

Multiple Democratic politicians who have reached out to work with Biden -- whether it's on specific bills, brainstorming or outreach -- often don't hear anything back at all. Potential appointees have languished for months waiting to hear if they'll get jobs, or when they'll be done with vetting. Invitations to events are scarce, thank you calls barely happen. Even some aides within the White House wonder why Biden didn't fire anyone, from the West Wing or at the Food and Drug Administration, to demonstrate some accountability or at least anger over the baby formula debacle.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Who else was on this call

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dems had literally one month to have a plan and hit the ground running when the ruling came out. IT WAS LEAKED! YOU HAD THE loving OPINION IN YOUR GOD DAMNED HANDS FOR WEEKS YOU FUCKS

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Dems had literally one month to have a plan and hit the ground running when the ruling came out. IT WAS LEAKED! YOU HAD THE loving OPINION IN YOUR GOD DAMNED HANDS FOR WEEKS YOU FUCKS

yeah and they did what they needed to do to prepare for it: increased security for supreme court justices. what's the problem?

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

while the details are extremely funny it's also notable that the article is from Dovere, given his obvious partisan/ideological proclivities and previous willingness to act as a media catspaw for establishment Dems

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/KThomasDC/statu...ingawful.com%2F

:thumbsup:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

they were prepared. the fundraising emails were already written and got sent out immediately

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

LGD posted:

while the details are extremely funny it's also notable that the article is from Dovere, given his obvious partisan/ideological proclivities and previous willingness to act as a media catspaw for establishment Dems

The last few paragraphs are pretty tilted in the "don't complain about not trying hard enough, we don't want Democrat Trump, doing this cost us the Supreme Court" direction.

First 2/3 of the article is solid tho

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

TBF this just seems like self-preservation. Biden's seen the documents, he knows what they did.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
Working hard, thank you!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQunC9jniqw

Dems aren't "good" but you know what I mean.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The leak happened at the beginning of May and the ruling came at the end of June so it was really closer to two months.

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lmao debra messing and all the hollywood liberals in the world are on the phone they're losing their poo poo

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

the white hand posted:

lmao debra messing and all the hollywood liberals in the world are on the phone they're losing their poo poo

its fun to watch previous insulated libs suddenly realize they're also going to be turbo hosed

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
OK, I think this was really productive. And we can agree to table the action items "that gently caress," "nothing matters" and "this old gently caress; this old gently caress" until next week. Should we do a little round robin and say what we're no? all right then bye!

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

tw: blood, grazed bullet wound

https://twitter.com/BarackObama/status/1261004586359422979?s=20&t=ik-3tyVnPCoBGKphS_ROYg

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

https://twitter.com/IsaacDovere/status/1544356615171751941?s=20&t=p0thpapRcupVA7wHMjEl6g

quote:

The President who campaigned on putting America back together again after four years of deep divisions appears to have stopped trying, supporters say.

“There’s no fight,” another Democratic member told CNN. “People understand that a lot of this is out of his hands – but what you want to see is the President out there swinging.

the democrats are going to get destroyed in four months.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

why are debra messing and the libs so anxious about biden doing nothing, havent they been spending 6 years saying that asking democrats to do something is only for bernie bros and entitled babies? and that you can't criticize biden because that will hurt dem turnout?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

if the liberals think they're too good for biden, that's fine, he doesn't NEED their vote

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

why are debra messing and the libs so anxious about biden doing nothing, havent they been spending 6 years saying that asking democrats to do something is only for bernie bros and entitled babies? and that you can't criticize biden because that will hurt dem turnout?

*laughs sarandonishly*

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

To be fair they did make a plan to use the Dobbs decision for fundraising and voter turnout.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

LGD posted:

he's doing the same here; it's the establishment dems who are quietly ousting biden, with or without fingerprints.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
somehow, this is bernie's fault

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

ex post facho posted:

That motherfucker will not die until we're all Trumps!

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

which is stronger, a bullet or a ballot? :thunk:

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

which is stronger, a bullet or a ballot? :thunk:

political power grows out of the ballot of a box
- mao

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

ex post facho posted:

First rule of leadership: everything is Bernie's fault.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

First rule of leadership: everything is Bernie's fault.

Look, it's a proud Christian tradition to Blame The Jew

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Dems aren't "good" but you know what I mean.

Evil will always triumph because good is dead. State security ruled it a suicide.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Willa Rogers posted:

he's doing the same here; it's the establishment dems who are quietly ousting biden, with or without fingerprints.

establishment dems outing the most establishment dem around.

im so fascinated to see who the gently caress the dems even run in 24. Kamala has negative charisma, Pete is almost certainly gonna still have zero appeal to black people and he won't even be the fresh new thing, and everyone else is loving ancient. and then what will the establishment even let them run on, how do you stand up during a debate and try to dodge around doing nothing as people are seeing their material conditions cratering into the earths crust?

should be a spectacular failure

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Relentlessboredomm posted:

im so fascinated to see who the gently caress the dems even run in 24. Kamala has negative charisma, Pete is almost certainly gonna still have zero appeal to black people and he won't even be the fresh new thing, and everyone else is loving ancient. and then what will the establishment even let them run on, how do you stand up during a debate and try to dodge around doing nothing as people are seeing their material conditions cratering into the earths crust?

i hear they've been secretly building the perfect candidate which will destroy the republican party once and for all. my sources haven't been able to find much more about this other than they call it "PROJECT RODHAM"

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

ex post facho posted:

bernie got too many votes in iowa, he made it impossible for mayor pete to steal the caucus and the primary with the app. if it had gone as planned they wouldnt have gotten into the situation where joe was the only one they could anoint.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Relentlessboredomm posted:

establishment dems outing the most establishment dem around.

gavin is making a big show lately of Doing Things (while not actually doing anything meaningful)

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

it's gonna be a white-guy governorpalooza presidential race in 2024: pritzker, newsom, polis, & prolly some luzers like mcauliffe who just can't resist the call of the oval office.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Willa Rogers posted:

it's gonna be a white-guy governorpalooza presidential race in 2024: pritzker, newsom, polis, & prolly some luzers like mcauliffe who just can't resist the call of the oval office.

libs want a strong pro-abortion daddy imo

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Willa Rogers posted:

i'd only vote for pritzker if he went full wario. otherwise he's just a dem

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

the best comedy option is Eric Adams bc he's utterly insane and quite possibly the dumbest man in politics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Eric Adams should definitely be given the ability to e.g. order the army corp of engineers to dig up Manhattan to find the Vibe Crystals that make New York so cool or whatever he said that one time