Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
no one wants you here. stop posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

FilthyImp posted:

Someone posted a clip of that which shall not be named at AnimeExpo and it was a bunch of dudes following a rolling TV cart/computer/webcam/Wireless AP interacting with the exhibition hall and it's a grim loom at our future.

this a vtuber thing? jsut say "vtuber" and eat the probe lol. tiptoeing around it makes it more uncomfortable to read

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

new ai somnium is cool so far

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Dongicus posted:

thank you for reminding me to buy the OG before the Steam sale ends :cheersdoge:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I wish my memory was good enough to hold posting grudges. I have to make post it notes to remember who i don't like

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

homeless snail posted:

I wish my memory was good enough to hold posting grudges. I have to make post it notes to remember who i don't like

im the strongest hater in the world

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Dongicus posted:

yeah its pretty good, I'm a big fan, generally
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn3yN9dVKCo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

English...:dafuq:

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
did you guys know they make giant 25 pound toaster ovens cuz i didnt until i had to bring the box inside. but now im gonna have so much room to cook stuff in it

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

It's OK to say Nyanners, she's not voldemort

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

did you guys know they make giant 25 pound toaster ovens cuz i didnt until i had to bring the box inside. but now im gonna have so much room to cook stuff in it
I did know. happy for you though.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

that owns

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i thought they were trying to say kodomo no jikan or boku no pico or something, like the old days

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

debating what anime games to get on steam sale. have an, uncontrollable urge to play resonance of fate and maybe, dbz kakarot, on my steam deck

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Dongicus posted:

I finished it today, it was good

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

homeless snail posted:

debating what anime games to get on steam sale. have an, uncontrollable urge to play resonance of fate and maybe, dbz kakarot, on my steam deck

Resonance of Fate is janky as all hell and thus an underrated gem

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

dogsicle posted:

i thought they were trying to say kodomo no jikan or boku no pico or something, like the old days

I honestly thought it was Strike Witches and I was racking my brain trying to figure out what the heck was going on until I realized it was about Vtubers.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

symbolic posted:

Resonance of Fate is janky as all hell and thus an underrated gem
yeah it owns, I already played it on 360 to be clear, $20 is a good price to play it again though. I'm a big tri-ace apologist, if they ever did a PC port of infinite undiscovery I'm buying it day one

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
im playing mistover cuz it got delisted by the developers and its fun. pretty hard though!

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

dogsicle posted:

Truly thought they meant this lol

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

homeless snail posted:

Get Maglam Lord

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I bought and refunded Kakarot today. It's not worth it IMO.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Arist posted:

I finished it today, it was good

i hope ota gets pwned by the hb killer

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I bought and refunded Kakarot today. It's not worth it IMO.
hmm... going to need to get a second opinion. where's stair

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

FilthyImp posted:

Are you thinking of a particular time frame or more like "Gundam melded the Giant Robot genre with anti-war sentiment in a way that didn't glorify battle" and "Utena was Hella gay and hella influenced modern American animators"

I think we can all agree that one of the immediate legacies of Eva was prompting a lot of series to include batshit references to Christianity or other religions. There's the obvious RahXephon parallels but a dumbass Magical Girl series called Cyberteam in Akihabara had the Metatron as a plot point.

Well, to give a genuine answer: What's been popular and also had an enormous positive effect on the medium instead of just being an okay/enjoyable piece of entertainment?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

saw someone playing yakuza in english the other day and felt like i was going to be sick...

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

mark hamil cannot be denied

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i deny him :twisted:

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

FilthyImp posted:

Honestly expected something more like an IPad on a mobile robot. Or something more overengineered.

You really have a weird grudge dude. Like I'm sorry for whatever stupjid post of mine set you off so much.

it's actually most of your posts hope this helps

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

i miss my boy Kasuga Ichiban

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

RareAcumen posted:

Well, to give a genuine answer: What's been popular and also had an enormous positive effect on the medium instead of just being an okay/enjoyable piece of entertainment?
Kaneda's bike slide has been homaged a billion times.

The Inazuma Kick from Gunbuster has also been used a ton. Gunbuster also gets a lot of praise for the attempt at more Hard Scifi by giving the Appriaching Lightspeed travel actual narrative consequence. Not sure that stuck around though...

JoJo's inspired a bunch of poo poo as well (I think Stroheim = Guile from SF2?)

Saint Seiya/Sailor Moon/DBZ basically we're the childhood heroes of an entire generation+ of Latin americans.

AstroBoy was kind of dark in subject matter despite looking lighthearted and it arguably inspired stuff like Megaman.

I suppose it's kind of a weird ask because something like One Piece is massively popular and has arguably been a positive and influenced a ton of creatives but I don't see it being aped like SSj powerups and whatnot.

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jul 6, 2022

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

speaking of anime games, the new zachtronics compilation has a gunpla puzzle game that's kind of fascinating if you like painting things. puzzle in that, the instructions suck rear end and all the runners are the same color, so you have to scratch your head on how things all fit together and then pull it back apart to paint it. its on game pass, Check It Out

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

homeless snail posted:

yeah it owns, I already played it on 360 to be clear, $20 is a good price to play it again though. I'm a big tri-ace apologist, if they ever did a PC port of infinite undiscovery I'm buying it day one

I dunno, I think an Infinite Undiscovery remake would be missing something without the "Have the most bullshit achievement ever be worth exactly 1 gamerscore so your gamerscore is going to end in 9 for all eternity" meta that can't really be replicated with Steam Achievements.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
If you're talking shows that had a major influence on the trajectory of anime you can't discount Lupin III part 1 opening up animated television to more adult themes and lots of sex comedy.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I too would rebuy IU if it was on Steam but it isn't so I bought SO4 instead

I am the problem

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Kild posted:

It's OK to say Nyanners, she's not voldemort
*lightning strikes u while that kagaya idiot tells you to die*

homeless snail posted:

super robot wars 30

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
buy super robot wars 30

also im gonna get the gunsmith cats thing :getin:

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
To be fair, I've watched some Nyanners and I'm not willing to say she's definitely not Voldemort

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm probably just going to emulate, SRW Z or X on the thing tbh, not really into most of the stuff in 30