Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
lmao i think they took that "jim cramer said it's going down so it's going to the moon" crack literally and started buying because it's been getting a solid pump over the last hour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird

LifeSunDeath posted:

Jim Cramer looks like an ape holder

what part of the ape is he holding, and how hard is he holding it?

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

HolHorsejob posted:

what part of the ape is he holding, and how hard is he holding it?

Eye watering ape squeezer.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Slurp juice trying to get an ape squeezy

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

Has anyone said "the grapeist" yet

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Nessus posted:

Incredible.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

How about heaps of human poo poo

....but on the blockchain :smuggo:

What do you mean we already have that?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Nessus posted:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Nessus posted:

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

DominoKitten posted:

Uuuuuuh how does one “get delivery” without roads, barring some massive advance in drone tech

Sam Porter Bridges

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Nessus posted:

:drat:

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice

Klyith posted:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/05/business/economy/wall-st-cryptocurrency-prices.html

Dear god, all the people who have ruined their lives but still can't admit that they got fooled.

next time, I'm gonna kick that football!

I was going to take the bitcoins out and pay down credit card debt. The very next day! But then this happened!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Squinky v2.0 posted:

I was going to take the bitcoins out and pay down credit card debt. The very next day! But then this happened!

It just makes sense to carry five figures of comparatively low APR credit card debt when 40% crypto returns are a lock! :wotwot:

Seriously though the thought of 30k in credit card debt makes me nauseous.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

It just makes sense to carry five figures of comparatively low APR credit card debt when 40% crypto returns are a lock! :wotwot:

Seriously though the thought of 30k in credit card debt makes me nauseous.

I don't even like carrying a balance on my card from paycheck to paycheck. loving hell....

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Except the heaven had come so near,
So seemed to choose my door,The distance would not haunt me so

Soiled Meat
Best part of bitcoin getting above 20k is watching it fall back to 19

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

https://twitter.com/Chapter11Cases/status/1544525094625607680?s=20&t=ffw7XifOnvFhFNMQ4ItoCQ

lmao

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

DominoKitten posted:

Uuuuuuh how does one “get delivery” without roads, barring some massive advance in drone tech

Pneumatic tubes

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

steinrokkan posted:

Pneumatic tubes

Sounds like a great plan for soup!

https://twitter.com/redditships/status/1280975449485651969?lang=en

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

FUNDS ARE SAFEly in the hands of Voyager's secured creditors.

:angel:

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

"Soup tube" sounds like the kind of thing a six year old would have as part of their dream city.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012
Didn't the USAF invent the soup tube already in like the 1950s?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
If the MIC had invented the soup tube(TM) there would be several percents of the national budget dedicated to maintaining and expanding the soup tube (TM) infrastructure despite the fact nobody really likes the soup

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

i already get my soup in tubes. they're just real short tubes, closed off at both ends

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Why don't these bankrupties seem to tank the price? You'd think with each confirmed bankruptcy more bankrun would happen.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Darth TNT posted:

Why don't these bankrupties seem to tank the price? You'd think with each confirmed bankruptcy more bankrun would happen.

Nah, it's good for crypto because

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Who needs soup tubes when you already have the The Alameda-Weehawken Burrito Tunnel

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/CrucialMemory/status/1544444773599248384

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
My gut tells me that the true believer types feel like a rapture is near and keep pumping money into it. Just a guess though, because the 2 main guys I keep an eye on for this sort of thing have been unusually, extremely quiet for the last 2 months

LibCrusher
Jan 6, 2019

by Fluffdaddy

Collateral Damage posted:

Who needs soup tubes when you already have the The Alameda-Weehawken Burrito Tunnel

I will always read this when it’s posted

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Donovan Trip posted:

hi guys, i haven't posted since december 2020 in this very thread. Since then I turned 8k into enough for a new car, a house, a restaurant, to start a family, and built a huge network leading me to take my first role at a crypto company in April. I hope you all had as great a time as I did!

Donovan Trip posted:

Sigh.

I will check back in another two years and let you know how it went, <3

Kinda wanna speed up the timeline here and get a trip report pls

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

https://twitter.com/CrucialMemory/status/1544559852357267456?s=20&t=d4Na41uB1QxYWptPMTgZog

:hmmyes:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Kinda wanna speed up the timeline here and get a trip report pls

Lol 😏

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
https://www.thestreet.com/technology/mark-zuckerberg-facebook-quietly-abandon-their-in-house-venmo

quote:

Mark Zuckerberg and his company, Meta Platforms (META) - Get Meta Platforms Inc. Report, no longer have a digital payments project.

This is good for Bitcoin

Tebulot
Apr 25, 2007

im hip now bois

Pillbug

Lol this is good for everything

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Soapy_Bumslap posted:

My gut tells me that the true believer types feel like a rapture is near and keep pumping money into it. Just a guess though, because the 2 main guys I keep an eye on for this sort of thing have been unusually, extremely quiet for the last 2 months

I would suspect accordingly, but that's just crypto in general. Everyone believing all things are good.

TA usually relies on looking at a specific time series. It all rolls downhill like a waterfall from smallest to biggest timeframe, and now we're heading into weekly bearish metrics (believe it or not it's still been 100% bullish on weekly until after this week closes). If we close under 20kish it'll be the first time ever from a weekly average perspective. So we're making new history for Bitcoin, discovery of where a bottom is.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

finally some good NFT marketing

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
What's the outlook for people with crypto and USD with Voyager? There's a dude going nuts in the reddit thread replying to every post that chapter 11 is totes normal day-to-day stuff for a business and that because Voyager themselves don't hold customer's money, customers will be able to get their money back, and its just the crypto that is gone. My understanding was that wasn't really true and it was spelled out in the fine print.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

toiletbrush posted:

What's the outlook for people with crypto and USD with Voyager? There's a dude going nuts in the reddit thread replying to every post that chapter 11 is totes normal day-to-day stuff for a business and that because Voyager themselves don't hold customer's money, customers will be able to get their money back, and its just the crypto that is gone. My understanding was that wasn't really true and it was spelled out in the fine print.

Hard hosed. I'm not a customer but on their mailing list:

Voyager bankruptcy email posted:

Dear customer,

Earlier today, we began a restructuring process aimed at strengthening Voyager Digital’s financial position. To accomplish this goal, the company and its main operating subsidiaries voluntarily filed for Chapter 11 protection.

Given the confidence you placed in Voyager when you joined the platform, we know this may be disconcerting news. To that end, we want you to know that we made these decisions specifically to protect and maximize the value of the assets on the platform for all stakeholders, including you, our customers, who remain our focus.

To be clear: This does NOT mean Voyager is going out of business. The restructuring process is intended to help companies stay in business, which is exactly what we intend to do. Being able to continue operations is a key benefit of a restructuring, a well-established legal process through which companies reorganize their financial obligations. In the meantime, we are continuing discussions with various parties regarding the company’s go-forward strategy.

Voyager was created with the idea that investors deserve a platform that provides access to crypto assets with simplicity, speed, liquidity, and transparency. While we strongly believe in this future, the prolonged volatility and contagion in the crypto markets over the past few months, and the default of Three Arrows Capital (“3AC”) on a loan from Voyager, made this course of action necessary. Through this process, we intend to create an efficient path to resume account access and return value to customers. We are also pursuing all available remedies for recovery from 3AC, including through the court-supervised processes in the British Virgin Islands and New York.

The proposed Plan of Reorganization (“Plan”) would, upon implementation, resume account access and return value to customers. Under this Plan, which is subject to change given ongoing discussions with other parties, and requires Court approval, customers with crypto in their account(s) will receive in exchange a combination of the crypto in their account(s), proceeds from the 3AC recovery, common shares in the newly reorganized Company, and Voyager tokens. The plan contemplates an opportunity for customers to elect the proportion of common equity and crypto they will receive, subject to certain maximum thresholds.

Customers with USD deposits in their account(s) will receive access to those funds after a reconciliation and fraud prevention process is completed with Metropolitan Commercial Bank. The Company continues to evaluate all strategic alternatives to maximize value for stakeholders.

Tldr: 3ac hosed us and you all are hosed. You can get less back than you put in or be hosed.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

This owns and gives NFTs the respect that they deserve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea
Leading NFT market analyst with valuable insight into the cryptosphere

https://twitter.com/NFT_GOD/status/1544321751403925505