Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Private Speech posted:

nah it's just a very dumb thing about him not punishing a Tory MP (named Pincher lmbo) accused of grabbing other (male) politicians butts

then he did it again and Boris lied about knowing about his previous behaviour

all in all it's very mild really, compared to some of his previous top hits

it seems weird that anyone in britain would care about this considering all the other weird nonce poo poo that seems to go on over there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Der Meister posted:

what on earth

it's really a dumb scandal compared to previous ones and i'm shocked rishi et al have resigned

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

i say swears online posted:

oh my god the fondler's name was pincher

Eh Joe Biden just appointed some guy named “Rich Nephew” to an anti-corruption post. The writers are just bored.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

navyjack posted:

Eh Joe Biden just appointed some guy named “Rich Nephew” to an anti-corruption post. The writers are just bored.

Rich Nephew, Bob Crimo

I told you all CERN sucked up the CPU
we're getting placeholder values as live data

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Der Meister posted:

what on earth

have a wikipedia summary:

wiki posted:

Johnson allegedly referred to Pincher as "handsy" and Dominic Cummings said Johnson joked about him being "Pincher by name, pincher by nature" in 2020. Johnson did not deny this.[48] There are calls for Johnson to explain how much he knew about Pincher's behaviour. Labour MP Jonathan Reynolds said: "I think we've got to acknowledge what the consistent problem is and it is a Conservative party that repeatedly chooses to do what is politically expedient over what is right. It's clear from what we know this morning that Chris Pincher should never have been put back into the whips' office."[49][50]

Ministers initially said that Johnson was unaware of any specific complaints against Pincher when he was appointed as deputy chief whip. Later, Downing Street said Johnson was aware at the time of media reports and allegations that were "either resolved or did not progress to a formal complaint". The BBC then reported, however, that an official complaint and subsequent investigation into Pincher, while he was at the Foreign Office (July 2019 to February 2020), had confirmed his misconduct, and that Johnson had been made aware of the matter at that time.[51] Sir Simon McDonald, former Permanent Under-Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs, later confirmed that the prime minister had been briefed "in person" about Pincher.[52] McDonald said that in the summer of 2019, a group of officials had "complained to me about Mr Pincher's behaviour. In substance, the allegations were similar to those made about his behaviour at the Carlton Club."[53]

In an interview with BBC's Chris Mason, on 5 July 2022, Johnson admitted appointing Pincher to a government position despite having been told about a misconduct complaint against him. Johnson said he had made a "bad mistake" by not acting on the information. Chancellor of the Exchequer Rishi Sunak and Secretary of State for Health and Social Care Sajid Javid resigned minutes later.[48] A number of junior ministers and aides also resigned.[54]

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

oh my god the fondler's name was pincher

It's the dumbest timeline.

TBH it's exhausting, Boris is like Trump in the sense that he doesn't really think norms & unwritten rules are worth following but also is too much of a career politician to be anywhere near as entertaining as Trump.

And then if he does go they'll just find someone less competent & even more of a free market fundamentalist to take over. And it's still probably 2 year until the next election.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

lol how much did you put up?

i think a leadership election would be a complete clusterfuck, very excited

£50 at 50:1. Banger odds imo.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

it's really a dumb scandal compared to previous ones and i'm shocked rishi et al have resigned

When there's a bad harvest year it's time to choose the next king

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
hearing rumours that Bojo will be replaced by someone even more vile, more racist, more disgusting to English society. That's right, he's being replaced by Corbyn.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

actionjackson posted:

what in the hell is happening in the UK

are the Tories just getting totally mauled (also is BoJo part of that party?)

When a bunch of greedy opportunists with no morals comes together for a single purpose, what do you think happens when they have achieved it?

No honor among thieves.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Casey Finnigan posted:

it seems weird that anyone in britain would care about this considering all the other weird nonce poo poo that seems to go on over there

don't forget a lot of it isn't reported here because of injunctions

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Casey Finnigan posted:

All the other sexual assault scandals are about women or teenagers, Pincher was found guilty of groping adult men and got a promotion for it

Finding out you've got a colleague who likes to sexually assault Tories, then immediately giving them a job that lets them lock the door to Tory offices until the Tory inside will do what you tell them is unacceptably cspam

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
god i can't wait for a general election when the press go all in on starmer letting jimmy savile off the hook

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Casey Finnigan posted:

Tories are deeply homophobic

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

RealityWarCriminal posted:

hearing rumours that Bojo will be replaced by someone even more vile, more racist, more disgusting to English society. That's right, he's being replaced by Corbyn.

independent unity candidate

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
they just cant see a turk win

Breakfast All Day posted:

bojo has disgraced his office by flaunting the rule of law and disrespecting human rights. but for some reason this time the tories arent happy about it, like when you put seasoning on their roast veg

power grab or leaving him out to dry so another nonce takes over?

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

btw, while we were all distracted by Boris Johnson, trans rights on TERF Island just took another nosedive: https://twitter.com/PinkNews/status/1544635395996061697

TERFs are now allowed to discriminate against trans people in the workplace.

this is very, very bad.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

https://twitter.com/zarahsultana/status/1544418227933126656

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/ryxnf/status/1544640552557322242

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

How did Putin get the tories to turn against BoJo. He's done so much to defend Ukraine.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

boris should just set up shop in kiev for the next 28 months and i'm not actually sure i'm joking

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

https://twitter.com/mimmymum/status/1544638219853103104

you know what, never mind, we might be okay

this'll just prompt bigots to come out of the woodwork and harass trans people in the workplace, even though there's no legal precedent set here

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

boris should just set up shop in kiev for the next 28 months and i'm not actually sure i'm joking
as a brit and turk both, boris has the strongest claim to crimea

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

do it boris you coward nuke us

https://twitter.com/Smyth_Chris/status/1544734594821398531?s=20&t=IAT85oT_TFaLhqs4a2MOwQ

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Private Speech posted:

nah it's just a very dumb thing about him not punishing a Tory MP (named Pincher lmbo) accused of grabbing other (male) politicians butts

then he did it again and Boris lied about knowing about his previous behaviour

all in all it's very mild really, compared to some of his previous top hits

if that guy didn't drink you could call him Soberman Pincher

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

does the UK have a samson option

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!
boris johnson hasn't "fought" for anything in his life

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

nawilo_420 posted:

*plops down medical file*

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

nawilo_420 posted:

He fought that kid pretty hard one time.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

EAT. SHIT.

does the UK have a samson option

Sortof, apparently part of it is BBC radio not broadcasting or something.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

He fought that kid pretty hard one time.

germany too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO9F6BDffx4

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lolll the slowmo is great

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/Independent/status/1544735150080155649
That was quick

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

the Tories are in full internecine warfare mode

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
They've been saving up all this ammo for years, Tories and journos alike. Emails and articles sent but no need to post them until necessary and suddenly a 3 year old action that everybody already knew about is the fresh scandal

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
i don’t get it can someone explain to me what happened to topple Boris? what crime did he commit outside of his usual self?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Al-Saqr posted:

i don’t get it can someone explain to me what happened to topple Boris? what crime did he commit outside of his usual self?

medium-tier scandal but everyone's sick of his poo poo. things are getting bad economically

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Reminder he was the chairman of le cercle after Tory Stewart

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

All I know from the british papers is its time to CRUSH THE SABOTEURS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Al-Saqr posted:

Bad harvest year