Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

the_steve posted:

Politoons 2022: No help is coming

Politoons 2022: No help is coming. Only death and suffering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Is SAdams calling for help or threatening the public? :ohdear:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I’d love to hear how Adams did his weirdo bullshit on his stepson and when that failed he determined the kid beyond all hope.

“Nothing I can do. I tried self-help books and staring at him intensely. There were no other options but death.”

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Pants Donkey posted:

I’d love to hear how Adams did his weirdo bullshit on his stepson and when that failed he determined the kid beyond all hope.

“Nothing I can do. I tried self-help books and staring at him intensely. There were no other options but death.”

This is where "Smartest Person In the Room, No Matter The Room" syndrome goes from :actually: to :yikes:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Nenonen posted:

Is SAdams calling for help or threatening the public? :ohdear:

Probably both somehow.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: But Restoring Abortion Is Hard

Ted Rall needs to shut the gently caress up about abortion because he has the worst loving contradictory hot takes about it.

Over the past few months he's spouted off everything from "actually abortion is killing babies" to "actually we need to think about the men's thoughts on this" to "actually it doesn't really matter that abortion rights are being taken away" and now "we're never getting abortion back so you might as well shut up about it" and it's all just bullshit from him because he clearly does not give a gently caress about this issue at all.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Ted Rall needs to shut the gently caress up

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

No way to prevent this other than killing our own sons before they shoot up a parade, says the only country where this regularly happens.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Discendo Vox posted:

The point of the cartoon is to get people to not vote Democratic; or participate at all.

This is exactly the message that the people who writes Rall’s paychecks wants to push.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

VitalSigns posted:

No way to prevent this other than killing our own sons before they shoot up a parade, says the only country where this regularly happens.
Ma! Hey Ma! New Battle Royale just dropped!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Sephyr posted:

Longer exchange here.

It...sure is something. How lost can you get inside your own head?

Making sure this doesn’t get lost in the shuffle but WHAT THE gently caress

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

It gets worse:
https://twitter.com/ACABylonBee/status/1544719330717335552

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Does he have any explanation as to why some environments have far lower murder and suicide rates for teens beyo- no of course he doesn't.

lmao that the MRA idol is about 15 degrees from looping around to Valerie Solanas style castrate most boys except a few sperm donors who are kept separate from society to only harm each other

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

1996: haha office work sucks, my boss is dumb, amirite

2022: unironically murder your children

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

100YrsofAttitude posted:

China Daily

US Reversing on Human Rights by Cai Meng

Uncle Sam is clearly driving forward

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
I'm kind of amazed that when Rall says exactly the same stuff that a bunch of posters here have been advocating about how we can fix the Roe situation, it's seen as deliberately demoralising. I know that it's because in Rall's case he's Rall and also a shithead, but it's still heartening to see a bunch of folks respond to those talking points with "gently caress off, there are other options and you know it."

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
if you meet your large adult son on the road, kill him

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Somfin posted:

I'm kind of amazed that when Rall says exactly the same stuff that a bunch of posters here have been advocating about how we can fix the Roe situation, it's seen as deliberately demoralising. I know that it's because in Rall's case he's Rall and also a shithead, but it's still heartening to see a bunch of folks respond to those talking points with "gently caress off, there are other options and you know it."

It's because he's previously made a bunch of other comics specifically intended to demoralize people when it comes to the importance of abortion rights.

If course I'm going to have the least charitable view possible of a comic written by the guy who made the "abortion is killing babies, yeah I guess it should be legal, but the important thing here is that we all acknowledge that babies are being killed" comic and the "the democrats are just too extreme lately! Maybe when it comes to abortion rights the truth is somewhere in the middle" comic.

Also, even if you view this latest comic in the most generous way possible it's not saying anything more substantial than "restoring abortion rights is going to take a long time and be really hard" and like no loving poo poo, I and anyone else who's passionate about this issue already loving knows that, just as surely as I know that hot take tourist Ted Rall is not on my loving side on this one.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

He's literally sitting backwards in the car.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

God dammit, how dare the Babylon Bee make me laugh at something they wrote?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the scandals engulfing the Conservatives – As the Tory party struggles in the wake of allegations of sexual misconduct by MP Chris Pincher, in addition to the Partygate investigation, is the end of the Johnson era now in sight?"

Telegraph:

Watch: The moment Dominic Raab is wrong-footed by Lord McDonald’s letter on Chris Pincher

Matt:

Boris Johnson hanging by a thread as Rishi Sunak and Sajid Javid walk out

Times:

Evening Standard:

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Biden's policies will cause an economic boom, set the economy on fire.
Kellies nomination: Most easily reinterpreted

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

the_steve posted:

don't worry, they aren't the real one. check their name

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Somfin posted:

He's not just saying "we will have to do a lot of work for a long time to catch up", and no one is disagreeing with that. He's also saying, "no one wants to do that work" and "no other path is possible", both of which are untrue and only thrown in there so that he has an excuse to not try, and so that all the nihilist leftists who like him can say "yeah, not caring remains the only cool way to respond to anything".

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

the_steve posted:

I don't think all cops are the Babylon Bee.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Vib Rib posted:

He's literally sitting backwards in the car.

He has in fact modified the car so that the previous forward direction is now the backwards direction. It's a pretty good metaphor for the USA going the opposite way of the progressive ideals it used to have kinda.

It's also a hit piece by Chinese propaganda, but the USA doesn't exactly make it difficult to make good points about the USA being terrible. Just don't mention China or it's lack of individual autonomy and you're good.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Discendo Vox posted:

The point of the cartoon is to get people to not vote Democratic; or participate at all.

Yeah, obviously, but he's accidentally correct we need the same sort of long term planning that the GOP has used so effectively. It's not the only thing we need to do, but it's still something we should do.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

skeleton warrior posted:

He's not just saying "we will have to do a lot of work for a long time to catch up", and no one is disagreeing with that. He's also saying, "no one wants to do that work" and "no other path is possible", both of which are untrue and only thrown in there so that he has an excuse to not try, and so that all the nihilist leftists who like him can say "yeah, not caring remains the only cool way to respond to anything".

And also scolding women for somehow being dissatisfied with his cunning scheme to let them have no rights for 40 years.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

BonHair posted:

It's also a hit piece by Chinese propaganda, but the USA doesn't exactly make it difficult to make good points about the USA being terrible. Just don't mention China or it's lack of individual autonomy and you're good.
Yeah, the Chinese propaganda toons are usually very accurate and correct, at least when they're only talking about the US. "US bad, because..." is a pretty easy field to get right, though. As you say, the second it switches over to China, it's literally just "uh actually the Uyghurs are just fine and having tons of fun, no further questions".

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
This took way too long to make...

Randomly searched Dilbert comics seem to work too well.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

I'm going to need to revoke your drivers license for the safety of others

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Jacinda Ardern is visiting Australia.

Downes:

The symbol of inflation in Australia: iceberg lettuce.

Wilcox:

Shadow treasurer and former energy minister Angus Taylor.

Leak, Son of Leak:

Energy minister Chris Bowen.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Trapezium Dave posted:

Leak, Son of Leak:

Energy minister Chris Bowen.

One genre of political cartoons that I adore is the "you've been in office a month already, why isn't everything fixed yet?" ones like this. Especially when it's by someone who's against the party in charge anyway.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

One genre of political cartoons that I adore is the "you've been in office a month already, why isn't everything fixed yet?" ones like this. Especially when it's by someone who's against the party in charge anyway.
Energy bills never went up until these "RENEWABLES" showed up, better nuke the planet forever so I don't have to pay another ten dollars.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/hausofdecline/status/1544735638209036297

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

PowerBeard posted:

This took way too long to make...

Randomly searched Dilbert comics seem to work too well.

Kellies Nomination: Best edit/parody.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

It’s funnier to imagine he’s telling the mutant fly that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
There's a big D label on the cryopod. I should think that goes without saying.