Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I want bojo to leave so the thread title can be #RIPBOJO

#prayforbojo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

So began the reign of Boris I

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
gobsmacked at the slew of foreigners waddling in to the old blighty thread have a gander and a natter about are boris

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

oh my God, I just realised. Corbyn won.

A few months before the 2019 election, Mark Blyth talked about how Corbyn really didn't want to be Prime Minister, because let's be honest, it's a poo poo job, especially during Brexit.

So what did Corbyn really want to do? He wanted to destroy the Conservative Party, the party of Margaret Thatcher, the party of British austerity, the party that is almost single-handedly responsible for maintaining the feudal system in 2022. Corbyn bears part of the responsibility for Boris Johnson becoming Prime Minister, because he knew that this kind of poo poo would happen.

Sure, Labour lost in 2019, but I'm pretty sure Corbyn was fine with that, not least because it was a poisoned chalice, but also because it led to what we're seeing right now: Boris Johnson dropping the ball so badly that it may well kill off the Conservative Party forever. Granted, that may not happen, and we might still be doomed to eternal Tory government after this, but hey, it was certainly worth a try.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

seems like a stretch op

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

lol at the idea that anyone gunning for bojo's job doesn't already use blood recreationally.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Looke posted:

seems like a stretch op

yeah probably lmao

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Venomous posted:

A few months before the 2019 election, Mark Blyth talked about how Corbyn really didn't want to be Prime Minister, because let's be honest, it's a poo poo job, especially during Brexit.

So what did Corbyn really want to do? He wanted to destroy the Conservative Party, the party of Margaret Thatcher, the party of British austerity, the party that is almost single-handedly responsible for maintaining the feudal system in 2022. Corbyn bears part of the responsibility for Boris Johnson becoming Prime Minister, because he knew that this kind of poo poo would happen.

Sure, Labour lost in 2019, but I'm pretty sure Corbyn was fine with that, not least because it was a poisoned chalice, but also because it led to what we're seeing right now: Boris Johnson dropping the ball so badly that it may well kill off the Conservative Party forever. Granted, that may not happen, and we might still be doomed to eternal Tory government after this, but hey, it was certainly worth a try.
nah mate

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Quotey posted:

gobsmacked at the slew of foreigners waddling in to the old blighty thread have a gander and a natter about are boris

let's always remember that boris was born in new york and held US citizenship until 2016

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

All these job openings, people don't want to work anymore!!!

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I've been lurking this thread for a while and this has just been a fantastic day. Boris Johnson is pure ambition with no substance and his reign has been fantastically funny other than all the human suffering he's caused..

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
no offense but this is a really boring scandal by american standards. people resigned over this? or even pretended to?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

no offense but this is a really boring scandal by american standards. people resigned over this? or even pretended to?

They are all very stupid and evil. Each tory is fighting for the chance to liquidate the English population.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

They just wanted to get rid of him for political reasons, this is the excuse

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

They are all very stupid and evil. Each tory is fighting for the chance to liquidate the English population.

what made them all decide now was the time to strike? the economy?

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

all the other political parties killed themselves even harder than the tories possibly could so there's nothing stopping them anymore

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

kecske posted:

#prayforbojo

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Javid and Sunak, two of the biggest members of the tory cabinet going on the same day.
None wanted to be the first to speak up as Boris would just bite their heads of and they wouldn't be heard from again.
The knives were out for him for ages, and were about to strike when Partygate came out.
But again no one wanted to be the one that shouts 'GO' and gets no back up from the rest.
Imagine a school yard full of posh kids, the leader is the smelliest biggest of them who ham claps any that get out of line.
Thats the Tory party, always has been.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
But yes, also the economy, covid, brexit, etc etc. Things are shitter than ever in many areas and now he's lost the mandate of heaven he's ever more unpopular with the public too and the next election is looming

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Don't forget losing 2 by elections badly

wet_goods
Jun 21, 2004

I'M BAAD!

Venomous posted:

this is weapons grade copium

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

I had the same question. Skimming the other posts on this page is enlightening, thx for the answers goons

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lmao :regd08:

you always knew it was coming but it'll still be glorious

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

https://twitter.com/FeeHorne/status/1544789100678578178

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008

lol

Thanks for the answers everyone

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
BoJo used the term "watermelon smile" at some point right?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Tankbuster posted:

BoJo used the term "watermelon smile" at some point right?

Yes he did among other pejoratives for black people

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
In America and Canada racism is a prerequisite for holding executive office. Is it that different in the UK?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Thank you boris

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Vim Fuego posted:

In America and Canada racism is a prerequisite for holding executive office. Is it that different in the UK?

Absolutely not, unless it's a smear directed at a left winger

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

No Dignity posted:

But also; a truly incredible amount of bloodletting has occurred and is still occurring and its probably going to compromise the Tories no matter who comes next

Is the Labour Party well positioned to take advantage of the Tory's weakness?

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Gripweed posted:

Is the Labour Party well positioned to take advantage of the Tory's weakness?

ahahahahahahaha

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

has albion sunk beneath the waves yet

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Venomous posted:

Ah well, nevertheless...

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://twitter.com/Smyth_Chris/status/1544784987618164736
Do less better

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

lol, Trumpian

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Der Meister posted:

has albion sunk beneath the waves yet

we're trying but we're bad at everything including loving up

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Junkiebev posted:

gove just got clapped

https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1544781411072229376

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yugioh mishima
Oct 22, 2020

there’s a take that this scandal isn’t really the reason for the resignations and that sunak and javid went mainly because they think boris isn’t cutting taxes and selling off public services enough

it seems plausible to me. having to work with sex pests, well-known nonces etc is part and parcel of tory life but not allowing ministers to enrich themselves and their mates to the extent they would like? that’s a sackable offence