Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

DarklyDreaming posted:

being a foreigner
Hold up now - Boris Johnson was born in the exact same city as one Donald J. Trump: New York City, NY, USA

though to be exact, Boris was born in a more expensive/exclusive borough (Manhattan) than Donald was (Queens)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
How does Freep feel about the assassination in Japan?

I thought they liked the Japanese, as some sort of fetishized "perfect" minority?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I'm guessing mostly variations on so much for gun control/turned their whole island into a gun free zone/would not have happened if Abe had gun/if your outlaw outlaws then only laws will be out

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Idk if it was on freep but I remember after Fukushima my proto-chud "friends" on Facebook inundated the place with "LOOKS LIKE GOD REMEMBERS PEARL HARBOUR"

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Captain Log posted:

How does Freep feel about the assassination in Japan?

I thought they liked the Japanese, as some sort of fetishized "perfect" minority?

What? They're not consistent with realizing that China and Japan are distinct countries. And when they do understand that, they still say incredibly dumb racist things.

The heights of Freeper awareness of Japan is "read a James Clavell book once".

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Does anyone still have the picture of Freeper B-chan or whoever in the kimono with the archery or sword gear?

That guy was born a bit too early for 4chan/8chan but probably has found his way there by now.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

DarklyDreaming posted:

He resigned, which makes him a weak lesser man, also being a foreigner means any respect they had for him was always conditional and likely to be revoked at any moment

Boris also paid lip service to lockdowns and vaccines, so that immediately made him part of the evil leftist globalist conspiracy.

Xiahou Dun posted:

What? They're not consistent with realizing that China and Japan are distinct countries. And when they do understand that, they still say incredibly dumb racist things.

The heights of Freeper awareness of Japan is "read a James Clavell book once".

It's hard to say. Shinzo Abe was big on "We must have more kids and return to traditional values to fix Japan's declining birth rate" which Freepers can get behind. He also denied WWII war crimes, which is a tossup if Freep is against that because Pearl Harbor, or for that because China bad.

Regardless of how they feel about Abe though they will at least agree the shooter was a far left radical marxist.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Twelve by Pies posted:

Boris also paid lip service to lockdowns and vaccines, so that immediately made him part of the evil leftist globalist conspiracy.

It's hard to say. Shinzo Abe was big on "We must have more kids and return to traditional values to fix Japan's declining birth rate" which Freepers can get behind. He also denied WWII war crimes, which is a tossup if Freep is against that because Pearl Harbor, or for that because China bad.

Regardless of how they feel about Abe though they will at least agree the shooter was a far left radical marxist.

A french right winger tweeted photos of the radical marxist assassin shortly after his identity was released

Except it wasn't the shooter, it was famous video game dev Hideo Kojima wearing an ushanka, and another with him holding a fist by a Che photo. The tweet is now deleted so presumably it was a real mistake.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Yeah, if it was real Abe would have been seen tethered to a balloon and floating off.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

A french right winger tweeted photos of the radical marxist assassin shortly after his identity was released

Except it wasn't the shooter, it was famous video game dev Hideo Kojima wearing an ushanka, and another with him holding a fist by a Che photo. The tweet is now deleted so presumably it was a real mistake.

Apparently a Greek news channel saw the tweet before it was deleted and decided to report about it, so a bunch of people in Greece probably now think Kojima is Abe's shooter.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Twelve by Pies posted:

Apparently a Greek news channel saw the tweet before it was deleted and decided to report about it, so a bunch of people in Greece probably now think Kojima is Abe's shooter.

They have to somehow work this into Death Stranding 2

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

OAquinas posted:

Yeah, if it was real Abe would have been seen tethered to a balloon and floating off.

I chuckled.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Former Japanese PM Abe Shinzo collapses (Shot while giving a campaign speech)
:lol: that they think Trump actually cares

quote:

To: Tuxedo
Abe got along well with Trump

Yep. This will probably hit Trump and Melania pretty hard.
35 posted on 07/07/2022 8:20:50 PM PDT by SisterK (recognize and resist tyranny)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 30 | View Replies]

quote:

To: marcusmaximus

His name and his association with President Trump.

I always thought they got along well.

I’m kinda bummed.

56 posted on 07/07/2022 8:34:07 PM PDT by Maris Crane
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 49 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Mount Athos

No, he is being taken out by the axis of Russia, China, North Korea, etc. Putin is no fan of Abe due to Abe’s relationship with the Baltics, and Trump.

47 posted on 07/07/2022 8:26:21 PM PDT by piasa (Attitude adjustments offered here free of charge)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

quote:

To: marcusmaximus; All

>>>>> President Trump POSTS on Truth Social. <<<<<

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump/posts/108611232793988005

Really BAD NEWS FOR THE WORLD! Former Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe is dead. He was assassinated. His killer was captured and will hopefully be dealt with swiftly and harshly. Few people know what a great man and leader Shinzo Abe was, but history will teach them and be kind. He was a unifier like no other, but above all, he was a man who loved and cherished his magnificent country, Japan. Shinzo Abe will be greatly missed. There will never be another like him! President Donald J. Trump

217 posted on 07/08/2022 10:25:52 AM PDT by HoneysuckleTN (President Trump won 2020! MAGA! WWG1WGA! Let's go, Brandon!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

PURGE THE UNCLEAN :commissar:

quote:

To: hinckley buzzard; marcusmaximus; All

Oh, great, now the Japanese are catching the American disease.

127 posted on 07/07/2022 9:29:09 PM PDT by gleeaikin (Question authority)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

To: gleeaikin

It appears that closet gun-control freaks are rising to the surface. Time to skim the surface and rid the site of them...

202 posted on 07/08/2022 2:45:05 AM PDT by Vaden (CAUTION: Defending Putin=Defending Hitler=MAGA Destruction)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 127 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Vaden

Do you get a medal for being a cancel culture leader?

204 posted on 07/08/2022 2:52:20 AM PDT by Houserino
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 202 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Houserino

LOLOLOL

People who oppose America’s Second Amendment need to be cancelled. They serve no purpose for Conservatism or Liberty.

If I recall, the manifesto of this site says that is what we believe and anyone who opposes liberty is not welcome here.

People get “zotted” for opposition to our rights, do they not?

205 posted on 07/08/2022 3:10:08 AM PDT by Vaden (CAUTION: Defending Putin=Defending Hitler=MAGA Destruction)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 204 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Houserino

We are in a WAR for our survival as a free nation. Playing Mr. Nice Guys won’t cut it anymore.

206 posted on 07/08/2022 3:13:13 AM PDT by Vaden (CAUTION: Defending Putin=Defending Hitler=MAGA Destruction)

It's fun watching them grasp for ways to map this somehow to Marxism

quote:

To: hinckley buzzard

Japanese Red Army Member, https://search.brave.com/search?q=Japanese+Red+Army+Member&source=desktop

115 posted on 07/07/2022 9:23:47 PM PDT by dila813

quote:

To: dila813
So, the shooter is a Marxist, then? Not surprising.
128 posted on 07/07/2022 9:29:15 PM PDT by Major Matt Mason (To solve the Democrat problem, the RINO problem must first be solved.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 115 | View Replies]

quote:

To: dila813

Like Reagan said, Marxism and acommunism are a pleauge on the Earth.

129 posted on 07/07/2022 9:29:28 PM PDT by cowboyusa (America Cowboy up! S Matter)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 115 | View Replies]

quote:

To: hinckley buzzard

They have Marxists in the Yakuza trade unions, some do stints in North Korea and China...

20 posted on 07/07/2022 8:11:25 PM PDT by JudgemAll (Democrats Fed. job-security in hates:hypocrites must be gay like us or be tested/crucified)

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

&source=desktop is really more sourcing than I expected from Freep.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Is acommunism ancoms, liberals, or fascists?

e: iosm thread reminded me that the Rieu tweet is saved for posterity https://twitter.com/NoxDawn/status/...%3D1784lastpost

For those not familiar with french dipshits, dude started in banned as-of-last-year Identity Bloc, neofascists so fascist that literal vichy descendant fascists under Le Pen weren't fascist enough for them. Big fans of owning undesirables. Where my cousins live in Alsace they did an "event" where they pretended to just give out free food but WOOPS! popular dishes had the meat replaced with pork to own* the jews and muslims. French freepers, in other words, but young and thin enough to make good on their would-be-funny-if-it-wasn't-real thuggery.

Less funny, they also like to form gangs and assault minorities, especially refugees, especially kids. Because fascists are always cowards.

*note to any fascists, even under strictest halal/kosher both religions don't consider it wrong at all if you eat pork because you were tricked, that owns no one

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jul 9, 2022

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Blotto_Otter posted:

Hold up now - Boris Johnson was born in the exact same city as one Donald J. Trump: New York City, NY, USA

though to be exact, Boris was born in a more expensive/exclusive borough (Manhattan) than Donald was (Queens)

They really should love Boris. Most rightwingers that are a bit too deep into it are trying to connect Boris ousting with Abe's assassination like it's some big concurrent conspiracy to spread the liberal agenda. He got Brexit done (more or less), he makes everyone to the left of him extremely flustered, etc. But most importantly he is massively incompetent and a narcissist like no other, aka just like their beloved Trump.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

*note to any fascists, even under strictest halal/kosher both religions don't consider it wrong at all if you eat pork because you were tricked, that owns no one

Also pork is not poison or kryptonite. You're supposed to avoid it for health and sanitation reasons, not because it somehow makes God irrevocably mad at you.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
I know this is preaching to the choir. But sometimes it hurts my brain how much the people who screech the most about Sharia Law!!! are the exact people who would inflict the same poo poo under a different name on everyone.

ANYWAYS!!! I forgot to share some of the Fox News front-page when Roe was overturned. It's...something.

Women are getting uppity, with their blue hair and CRT and abortions.

There was an actual insurrection after the decision. Checkmate, DEMONCRAPS!

Look at the horrors that unfurled during this overthrow of the government. Someone burnt a flag. An American flag. Some other people cheered. This is front-page, headline news.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
I always post in a red white and blue palette so I can signal how american I am. How can you doubt the veracity of my claims, can't you see my red, white and blue theme?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Here is a Tuesday Morning selection of Fox New's Finest posters.

This is from an article about a retired general getting booted from a consulting gig for harassing Jill Biden on Twitter. She posted something about women's rights, and he tweeted, "Oh, so you know what a woman is now?" in typical anti-trans hate poo poo.

That's besides the point. This was one of the top posts, which is just the same old poo poo. But the thing that had me laughing was the last word -

I'm not sure I've seen such an epic used of shouting NOT as a slam dunk since 1992.

Anyways, here is some better stuff. Fox posted a headline article about New York City releasing a one and a half minute PSA about what to do in the event of a nuclear attack. Because that's important.

"You will not survive a nuclear war and BOY OH BOY DON'T I HATE TRANS PEOPLE!"

"You will not survive a nuclear war and BOY OH BOY DON'T I HATE MINORITIES ON THE YOUTUBE!"

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Something for everyone to enjoy. You know it is primary season when freeper taglines start changing to their preferred authoritarian. The one wildcard here is JR isn't around to ban dissenters and that is giving rise to fruitful political discourse.
Trump slams Elon Musk
Sir, both hands on the keyboard please.

quote:

To: shadowlands1960

Two alpha males butting heads. Trump has five children with three prime attractive women. Musk has seven or eight children with three or four attractive ladies. No one herd can accommodate both of these bulls.

8 posted on 07/12/2022 8:53:48 PM PDT by allendale

quote:

To: ocrp1982

Tweeting and alpha male should not go in the same sentence. Being alpha is bite not bark. And all Trump’s been doing lately is bark. As for being subsidized all big companies are subsidized to some extent and Trump’s is no exception. Its the same argument libturds use against trump. You could give them a billion dollars and they would not be able to build what trump built just as you could give Trump 100 billion and he could not build the tech musk has built which is unprecedented even with no hype.

122 posted on 07/12/2022 11:20:19 PM PDT by jarwulf
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 103 | View Replies]

quote:

To: GenXFreedomFighter; jz638; Fury; ocrp1982

GenXFreedomFighter wrote:

It’s called ‘narcissistic injury,’ and it appears that Elon managed to inflict one on Trump. This is what the response looks like.

I gather you have had the misfortune to have to deal with someone of this personality (cough) type. If so, my condolences. These people do not and cannot change. Those hoping Trump will change in this regard are in for disappointment.

jz638 wrote at #113:

I don’t know if Trump has ever figured this part out, but this is precisely why Trump has so few trusted allies and good advisors, which is why he ended up having so many turncoats and snakes in his administration. The people who stayed with Trump know that once you say one thing that will hit his ego the wrong way, even innocently, you get this nonsense. That gets you three types of people on your staff: folks who are yes men, folks who are scared to speak up, and folks who know that day when their boss turns on them is coming and are using him and that expected breakup for career advancement.

This bears repeating. It will be the same throughout his campaign if he runs, and a replay of his first term should he win. Those who imagine he learned his lesson the first time around and “would be more careful hiring people” the next time around, just don’t get it. People like Trump do not change.

Fury wrote at #145:

Just wish President Trump would stay focused on the issues that are affecting people now. His statement comes across as sour grapes / lack of impulse control / etc. He’s a better leader than that.

I wish the same. The American people are suffering and most unhappy under Biden and looking for someone with solutions, not petty squabbles. But Trump can’t help his lack of impulse control, and can’t change it. It is what it is.

I like his policies, voted for him twice and will do so again if he is the nominee. I rather hope he will gracefully bow out and DeSantis will run, but fear that is a vain hope.

ocrp1982 wrote at #122:

Tweeting and alpha male should not go in the same sentence. Being alpha is bite not bark. And all Trump’s been doing lately is bark.

Precisely. Some on FR equate “alpha male” with how many women a guy can get and how many fistfights he picks — which seems like a sixth trader’s notion to me. Real manly men show strength through action and do not indulge in knee-jerk overreactions to every perceived slight. To many out there, these outbursts make Trump appear weak and peevish, not strong and courageous.

DeSantis has withstood quite the onslaught from the liberal press and lefty critics and resolutely charged ahead with getting things done. He was loudly and mercilessly criticized for his “anti-mask” and “anti-lockdown” and “anti-vaccine mandate” policies and blamed for thereby causing the deaths of thousands.

Look how he was pilloried by the media for his stand against Disney and the so-called “Don’t Say Gay Bill”. Then came the accusations of racism over what they dubbed the “ Stop Woke Bill”. When he signed “ anti-voter fraud” legislation, the press went into a frenzy accusing him of “voter intimidation” — yet he resolutely pressed on with additional reforms to protect election integrity.

Words are cheap. Actions are what count. But will Trump take a page from DeSantis’s book? Sadly, no.

213 posted on 07/13/2022 6:58:14 AM PDT by CatHerd (Whoever said "All's fair in love and war" probably never participated in either.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 40 | View Replies]

There are so many :regd07: around if Trump is the greatest candidate or the best candidate.

quote:

To: Strident
We can do better.

Can we?
205 posted on 07/13/2022 6:04:46 AM PDT by dfwgator (Endut! Hoch Hech!)

quote:

To: AnotherUnixGeek
Dear God Free Republic has lost it. How would Liz Cheney post differently that you losers?

If you make voting decisions based on some comments about Elon Musk ( idiot savant BS artist ) then you must be really old, really stupid, lack any kind of fortitude or all of the above.

Guess what? Elon Musk is not a cute "heartthrob" to us dudes with a pair. We love gasoline, V8 engines and would RATHER DIE THAN DRIVE A GLORIFIED CHEAPLY BUILT MUSKY GOLF CART. We HATE EV's with a passion.
167 posted on 07/13/2022 3:31:16 AM PDT by central_va (I won't be reconstructed and I do not give a drat...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 164 | View Replies]

quote:

STFU Trump .

151 posted on 07/13/2022 2:39:18 AM PDT by sushiman

quote:

To: sushiman
Did he insult your favorite idiot savant and hurt your feelings? SushiSoyBoy says "No more Mean Tweets™" Donald!!!
152 posted on 07/13/2022 2:47:36 AM PDT by central_va (I won't be reconstructed and I do not give a drat...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 151 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: central_va

F U . No class comment . Not a Musk fan dipsh*t .

172 posted on 07/13/2022 3:40:30 AM PDT by sushiman
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 152 | View Replies ]

quote:

Do you really think the richest man in the world cares about getting ‘insulted’ by Donald Trump? I’m sure he had a good chuckle and has moved on with his day.

206 posted on 07/13/2022 6:07:48 AM PDT by bigdaddy45
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 152 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: sushiman
F U . No class comment . Not a Musk fan dipsh*t .

F U back . Stuff a chopstick pal.
175 posted on 07/13/2022 3:46:55 AM PDT by central_va (I won't be reconstructed and I do not give a drat...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 172 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: Drew68
Trump lost.

The election was stolen. Fraudulent. No way Basement Joe gets 81 million legitimate votes.

Desantis WAY too smart run in '24 to please the stupid Trump haters and RUIN his future prospects which are excellent. FOAD loser.

210 posted on 07/13/2022 6:16:32 AM PDT by central_va (I won't be reconstructed and I do not give a drat...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 181 | View Replies]

freepers: ect.!!

quote:

To: laplata

Perhaps this has something to do with Musk saying he would vote for DeSantis, after all Trump did to get Space X and NASA for first team up flight I don’t blame Trump he probably THOUGHT he had a great working relationship with Musk for private, public partnership for Space Force ect.!! Probably feels like a knife in his back!!

120 posted on 07/12/2022 11:12:08 PM PDT by Trump Girl Kit Cat (Yosemite Sam raising hell)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

quote:

Everyone who knows anything knows that Trump is live-and-let-live until you hit him. Musk hit him. DJT NEVER hits first; but he ALWAYS hits back. Hard, too, right in the gonzos.

7 posted on 07/12/2022 8:53:03 PM PDT by Migraine ( )

quote:

To: Migraine

That is maybe why Cassidy Hutchinson is receiving multiple death threats and has secured 24/7 executive protection and has had to go into hiding apparently for fear of attack. But no biggie. She “hit first.”

128 posted on 07/13/2022 12:08:22 AM PDT by AmericanInTokyo (Poor Ashli Babbitt (R.I.P.), duped by liars, died for not a single drat thing up there. )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: AmericanInTokyo

When has anyone on this site advocated sending threats to Hutchinson, much less acting on those threats? And in the outside world, how many of those threats came from liberal and RINO disruptors or garden-variety crazies?

She went on the telescreen specifically to lie about what Trump did. No doubt she is being paid handsomely for her service to the deep state, most likely a deal for a book that no one will actually want to read.

Yes, she “hit first”. That was her job. She had to know there would be consequences for her actions. If she didn’t, she’s a moron.

137 posted on 07/13/2022 12:40:56 AM PDT by Fresh Wind (We are living in 1984. We have always been living in 1984.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 128 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: unclebankster

FR is becoming a Never-Trumper site.

141 posted on 07/13/2022 1:01:02 AM PDT by Fresh Wind (We are living in 1984. We have always been living in 1984.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 140 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: Fresh Wind

“FR is becoming a Never-Trumper site.”

Yes it is.

My prediction is many of them won’t find a sufficient candidate to replace Trump.

When economic pain hits their arrogant asses, they’ll be back.

144 posted on 07/13/2022 1:05:26 AM PDT by unclebankster (Globalism is the last refuge of a scoundrel)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 141 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: unclebankster
My prediction is many of them won’t find a sufficient candidate to replace Trump. When economic pain hits their arrogant asses, they’ll be back.

There isn’t a single person on this site who hasn’t pledged to vote for Trump if he’s the eventual ‘24 nominee, even among those of us who are hoping it’s DeSantis.

There are many here who have pledged to vote for nobody else, even if Trump loses the nomination and they have to write his name in (which is effectively voting Democrat).
274 posted on 07/13/2022 11:43:21 AM PDT by Drew68 (Ron DeSantis for President 2024)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 144 | View Replies ]

quote:

2018 Musk flashback:

“Elon Musk calls British diver in Thai cave rescue ‘pedo’ in baseless attack”

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/jul/15/elon-musk-british-diver-thai-cave-rescue-pedo-twitter

A real class act. /spit

218 posted on 07/13/2022 7:11:17 AM PDT by Fresh Wind (We are living in 1984. We have always been living in 1984.)

quote:

There are infinite possibilities between Trump 24 and being part of the steal. Folks are more complicated than that. I won’t be pigeon holed into a one dimensional character, a member of the herd through name calling or labels. We should not all be in lockstep nor should we want to be. That’s a dangerous place to be.

253 posted on 07/13/2022 8:48:45 AM PDT by M_Continuum
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 250 | View Replies]

quote:

To: central_va; All
You either want Trump in '24 our you are part of the steal. There is no "moving on" from that.

And that, fellow FReepers, is a good example of the high intellect of our premier FReepers - “support Trump - or else”
281 posted on 07/13/2022 1:32:32 PM PDT by Fury
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 250 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Fury

It’s a cult. Centered around one man.
That is not conservatism.

290 posted on 07/14/2022 3:30:55 PM PDT by AmericanInTokyo (Poor Ashli Babbitt (R.I.P.), duped by liars, died for not a single drat thing up there. )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 281 | View Replies]

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
It's hilarious to see them once again disavowing their formerly beloved figurehead.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Yesterday, I stumbled across absolute gold on Fox within an hour of it being posted. All of the comments were extremely fresh.

Here's the headline thumbnail, followed by the article once you clicked on it -

https://www.foxnews.com/media/kentucky-mom-believes-poisoned-fentanyl-laced-dollar-bill-taking-body

Yes, these two were interviewed on loving Fox and Friends.

The article says the woman handled change given to her by a McDonald's employee that must have been laced with fentanyl. She ended up in the hospital, where in incompetent doctor's tests were inconclusive! (i.e. they found nothing.)

From the article -

"Despite the couple's suspicions, Nashville police said the bill was not laced with fentanyl, shortly before destroying the money.

Renee also said the doctors told her they are unable to test for synthetic opioids in order to confirm or rule out her suspicions about the potentially-laced bill.

"My hospital records also show that I was not tested for fentanyl," Renee said. "They did a six or ten-panel drug screen which came back negative."

The incident comes after a Tennessee sheriff's office issued a warning, urging people to refrain from picking up money on the ground. Officials found two bills, that tested positive for methamphetamine and fentanyl, at local gas stations. "

So, a housewife on vacation either -

- Has a panic attack at a public place

- Has a drug habit that hit her like a ton of bricks while out with her family, requiring her to scramble and blame anything else

- Doesn't have skin, and is actually an earthworm who absorbs all her nutrients through her porous outer layer, making the act of living very difficult

(I read on another website that her husband is a cop, which makes it better.)

TO THE COMMENTS!

Blah blah blah, New World Order is trying to make you scared of money, blah blah blah, Bitcoin?

Biden tried to kill this Beautiful White Woman With Her Family By Not Building the Wall.

Doctor DespotsCoe is on the case! They have some incredible medical insights into the flaws of the Do Nothing Doctors!

First off, Biden. Second, consuming too many chemicals CAN BE DEADLY! Lastly, "Chinese Humans." Just that. Nothing else.

Let's go for the trifecta - Biden, borders, transphobia.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I'm the drug dealers lacing money with fent to murder random strangers, instead of selling for money.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Also, why isn't the McD's cashier also dead/dying?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Tolerance, all minimum wage burger flippers smoke a hundred drugs a day, unlike the kitchen staff at real restaurants.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Guavanaut posted:

Tolerance, all minimum wage burger flippers smoke a hundred drugs a day, unlike the kitchen staff at real restaurants.

Yeah the staff at real restaurants don't do a hundred drugs a day, they do ALL the drugs a day. The documentary film "Waiting" goes in to some detail on this.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I found myself watching Waiting, commiserating.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Say it ain't so

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I'm the drug dealers lacing money with fent to murder random strangers, instead of selling for money.

The best part about dumb fearmongering nonsense is the notion of these complicated plans that are wasteful and expensive compared to a more straightforward approach.

Drugs in bags of Halloween candy is probably one of my favorites. No one is going to drop tabs of acid in your kid's candy bag. They're gonna drop that poo poo themselves and have a good time, or sell it to someone for profit.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I find it kind of encouraging that even they don’t like bitcoin.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Captain Log posted:

"My hospital records also show that I was not tested for fentanyl," Renee said. "They did a six or ten-panel drug screen which came back negative."

:ssh: fentanyl results come back under "opioids" :ssh:

Just the most absolutely presidential people.

Finagle
Feb 18, 2007

Looks like we have a neighsayer

Zipperelli. posted:

:ssh: fentanyl results come back under "opioids" :ssh:

Just the most absolutely presidential people.

Actually... they don't! Or at least....some tests don't. The standard urine drug screen hospitals do (or all the ones I've worked out anyway) does not test for synthetic opiods. They CAN do a more comprehensive screen but it costs more and takes longer so usually if there is no suspicion they don't bother.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
The place I work at added fentanyl to every single client drug test we do. We recently had to talk to the lab to raise the cut-off on the initial screen from 1 to 2 nl/mg because we were getting clients testing positive who swore they hadn't used in weeks and sure enough we'd get a confirmation test back of something around 1.3 ng/ml of norfentanyl which is the metabolite that lingers from the last dose, sometimes for quite a while.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Scratch Monkey posted:

It's hilarious to see them once again disavowing their formerly beloved figurehead.

I love the Freepers that are like "Well of course Trump has historically had a bad track record with assistants and advisors due to his personality" because you know that back when he was president every time someone left his administration or spoke poorly of him those exact same Freepers were calling them Deep State Traitors.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Ah but you see the Chinese who are supplying the fentanyl are paying the drug dealers to do this to kill off innocent Americans to weaken our country for takeover. Or something. Hundreds if not thousand of people almost certainly believe this.

mercenarynuker posted:

Also, why isn't the McD's cashier also dead/dying?

As far as I know from a screenshot of what's supposedly the woman's facebook, she didn't get it from a cashier, she found it on the ground and picked it up. The idea is almost certainly that some evil foreign gang member coated the bill in fentanyl and dropped it for someone to pick up, and he was almost certainly wearing gloves or some other type of protective equipment.

Other information that isn't mentioned in that Fox News article that's from the Facebook page:

When she picked up the dollar bill, she was holding her three month old baby.

She both washed her hands and used a sanitizing wipe after handling the bill.

When her husband learned she picked up a dollar off the ground he started lecturing her about how dangerous it was, then started screaming at her when she said she felt funny.

Her husband was in fact a cop, and drove at 98 mph through a 35, ran red lights, and drove on the curb to get her to a hospital, while their two kids were in the car.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Just going to leave this here about Fent Hysteria -

https://harmreduction.org/blog/fentanyl-exposure/

"Opioid toxicity (i.e., “overdose” or respiratory depression) from transdermal and airborne exposure to Illicitly Manufactured Fentanyl (IMF) is a near scientific impossibility. This is explained in a recent position paper by the American College of Medical Toxicology (ACMT) and American Academy of Clinical Toxicology.

Incidents where responders were treated for alleged “exposure” were exhibiting symptoms of what appear to be anxiety or panic: dizziness, rapid heartbeat, sweating, even fainting – which are not symptoms of fentanyl overdose. There are other stories where officers exhibit no symptoms and yet were “treated” as a precaution. There have been stories of officers administering it to themselves, an impossible task if one is actually experiencing fentanyl-related overdose. There have been cases where naloxone was administered to first responders who were not exhibiting any signs of opioid toxicity, and when they “felt better,” it was attributed to the naloxone, a misinterpretation of the event."

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
Apparently dried fentanyl is difficult to absorb through the skin and it kind of needs a moist or even better alcohol based carrier to really do anything.

Lady picked up someone’s dropped money. Dad cop flipped out and stressed her out because he can’t separate his on duty paranoid reality from a McDonalds.

No one was hurt but here we all are talking about it.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Murgos posted:

No one was hurt but here we all are talking about it.

We're talking about how disingenuous the story and storytellers are. Faux News will scream like harpies that fentanyl itself is about to kick your door in and force you to ingest it, should they talk about it.

Also, you're correct. Powdered fentanyl is next to impossible to absorb through the skin. It's literally the skin's job - keep things out. This is why when people do the transdermal route, it's always through patches/creams; and even then, the drug can only be delivered so fast because the rate of absorption is incredibly slow through the skin.

Whenever you see a video of a cop passing out because they got some " " "fentanyl" " " on themselves, just give a good hearty laugh at the idiots.

Zipperelli. fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jul 16, 2022

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Zipperelli. posted:

Whenever you see a video of a cop passing out because they got some " " "fentanyl" " " on themselves, just give a good hearty laugh at the idiots.

Cops have been taught when they are afraid they get to do whatever they want ant it’s excused by their fear. So they love to invent excuses to be “afraid for their lives.

America really needs a no more bitch cops movement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

pseudanonymous posted:

Cops have been taught when they are afraid they get to do whatever they want ant it’s excused by their fear. So they love to invent excuses to be “afraid for their lives.

America really needs a no more bitch cops movement.

ftfy