Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I tried out data center travel, seemed to work fine at least at this hour.

Are there secret protocols for joining Goons as a foreigner?

Can you do maps on other people's servers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
if you want to avoid spoilers just dont play ffxiv at all

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Regalingualius posted:

Looking through Logos, and I’m curious: is the Doom from using Sacrifice dispellable or otherwise able to be removed? Because otherwise it seems like it’s net-zero at best.

It cannot be removed*. You use it with a Spirit of the Remembered, which gives a 70% auto-raise chance (that does work in BA.) So you're gambling, but with relatively good odds!

* If you're in a loading screen when the timer runs out, it won't actually kill you.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Is Gridania the drop-off point for all DC travel, or is it based on your starting city (I started Archer)?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Kyrosiris posted:

Is Gridania the drop-off point for all DC travel, or is it based on your starting city (I started Archer)?
I ended up in Ul'dah so I'm pretty sure it just uses your starting city, possibly as a way to more or less balance the load.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I ended up in Ul’dah which was my starting city,
but also I was in the inn in Ul’dah when I had last logged out. I have no idea which influenced where I spawned on dc travel.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nessus posted:

I ended up in Ul'dah so I'm pretty sure it just uses your starting city, possibly as a way to more or less balance the load.

oh no my starting city was limsa. gonna ask yoship to let me tear up my passport and become a citizen of gridania

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Splitting it for load reasons makes a ton of sense. Was just curious.

I also finished something while doing some PVP tourism tonight. :woop:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Funky Valentine posted:

He's 16, cut him some slack, it's not his fault that everyone around him should literally know better but refuses to tell him.

Alphinaud is Ben Wyatt and the Crystal Braves are Ice Town.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Jonny 290 posted:

as a sprout, the whole "yeah my sibling peaced the gently caress out around your level 40 and no i wont talk about it yet" thing is intriguing. I'm sure it'll wrap around.

On that note I was annoyed that when i subbed this week, the login screen video did minor spoilers on that but its fine its whatever

She's going in to have her personality installed, it takes a while but it is worth it.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
had a long day of play, good quest progress, had fun, now watching eva rebuild 3.0 which is, i suspect, going to be in the storyline here at some point. i sleep well tonight

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Antivehicular posted:

I will always love the cutscene in mid-3.0 where Alphinaud is like "I'll go with you to the Aery to fight Nidhogg!" and Estinien is like "you absolutely will not, you literal tiny child."

Will that change in the next patch when they add duty support?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

sassassin posted:

Oh drat, that's a good question.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

After trying to catch some sculptors for Stethacanthus intuition I now wish to genocide all pearl-eyes.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

It really depends on if all the HW dungeons have plot NPCs in them or just Sohm Al, which you already canonically did with the camping trip gang. There’s a real question of who the third party member for the Aery could even be without substantial rewrites in addition to the fact that Estinien as party member would require removing Estinien as set piece in the boss fight.

Now the fact that HW uses the modern voice cast does mean they are more able to retcon voices lines than with ARR but that doesn’t necessarily mean they want to pay, say, Blake Ritson and Siobhan Hewlett to record one line if they aren’t already recording something for 6.2 MSQ. (Alphinaud and Estinien are slightly more likely to get new lines than Aymeric and Ysayle because they’re current main cast members, but that’s still a big if.)

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Eager Thaumaturge is always a phone call away.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Ibblebibble posted:

After trying to catch some sculptors for Stethacanthus intuition I now wish to genocide all pearl-eyes.

yes, welcome to the club
the club all sculptors club

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

The Vault has a similar problem of “the plot made an excuse for why the npcs aren’t coming with” since Haurchefant, Estinien, and Lucia are rescuing Aymeric while you’re storming upstairs. That said I think with relatively minor retcons they could maybe give you a team of Haurchefant, Alphinaud, and Hilda.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Based on previous expansions, is the current i590 crafting/gathering gear going to be the end of the line BiS? Or do y'all think there'll be another tier later? I know I'm going to have to upgrade at some point to catch future EW big fish.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
There will be another in 6.3, yeah. And then the final crafted combat sets in 6.4.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

hopeandjoy posted:

It really depends on if all the HW dungeons have plot NPCs in them or just Sohm Al, which you already canonically did with the camping trip gang. There’s a real question of who the third party member for the Aery could even be without substantial rewrites in addition to the fact that Estinien as party member would require removing Estinien as set piece in the boss fight.

Now the fact that HW uses the modern voice cast does mean they are more able to retcon voices lines than with ARR but that doesn’t necessarily mean they want to pay, say, Blake Ritson and Siobhan Hewlett to record one line if they aren’t already recording something for 6.2 MSQ. (Alphinaud and Estinien are slightly more likely to get new lines than Aymeric and Ysayle because they’re current main cast members, but that’s still a big if.)

I figure the set-piece thing is just that Estinien is a dps choice and disappears during the set-piece, to avoid the awkwardness of losing a tank.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

There will be one more right side, and after that one more left side.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

SirSamVimes posted:

Yeah unfortunately if you want to be as spoiler-free as possible you can't sit on the login screen for the intro video to play.

Simple Tweaks plugin has the option to disable trailer playback on title screen.

If you are still going through the MSQ you can also use the Title Edit plugin to change the title screen so you can keep it in sync with whichever expansion you are up to.

If by login screen you mean the launcher the XIVLauncher also skips that.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

First SB legendary down :toot:

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
drat dude, it took me forever to catch up that loving thing

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

hazardousmouse posted:

drat dude, it took me forever to catch up that loving thing

Yeah, I got insanely lucky. Second window and first intuition ever. RNG karma is going to destroy me.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

extremely stupid complaint: i want to like warrior but the animations on the core combo are so lackluster it undermines the class for me. i like most of the other animations (equilibrium is absolutely one of the best ability animations in the game), but heavy swing and maim in particular feel so floppy and weightless. storm's path and eye are better.

also i don't get the fell cleave buzzsaws. i love them, don't get me wrong, i just don't get why buzzsaws.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

They should replace Storms Path with Butchers Block.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

It's a fair point, many other jobs have upgrades to their basic combos at some point which are essentially just potency increases with a fancier animation. Warrior would be a solid candidate for that.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

sassassin posted:

It'll be funny if they specifically leave Alphinaud out of the duty support for that dungeon, and offer you one of the moogles as a healer (but leave Alphy in as an avatar option once you've completed it).

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

There's no Trust/Avatars mode for the ARR dungeons so I don't think there will be one for HW either.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Now I'm going to be disappointed when there's no Mooglesguard party options.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I've been wracking up comms as a dps ever since I learned lali-ho a few days ago, drat

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Valentin posted:

extremely stupid complaint: i want to like warrior but the animations on the core combo are so lackluster it undermines the class for me. i like most of the other animations (equilibrium is absolutely one of the best ability animations in the game), but heavy swing and maim in particular feel so floppy and weightless. storm's path and eye are better.

the butcher's block combo of yore had significantly better animations and i dearly wish they'd bring its animations back

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Butcher block combo being good is revisionism. Better than storms eye/path sure but not actually good. Warrior attack animations have always felt weak. Primal Rend and Upheaval are the only good attack animations the job has ever had.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Failboattootoot posted:

Butcher block combo being good is revisionism. Better than storms eye/path sure but not actually good. Warrior attack animations have always felt weak. Primal Rend and Upheaval are the only good attack animations the job has ever had.

this is fell cleave erasure and i will not stand for it

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

WrightOfWay posted:

They should replace Storms Path with Butchers Block.

there's a plugin that will let you make a mod for this

I did it for souleater -> power slash and riot blade -> fast blade (or whatever the old 2 hit was called in the PLD 123 combo)

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

i still don't really understand why they replaced fast blade with riot blade instead of the other way around

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Failboattootoot posted:

the most incorrect statement I've read all week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

sassassin posted:

Now I'm going to be disappointed when there's no Mooglesguard party options.