Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
There were some aditional ABM releasees by Faceless Entity today. Nice, but kinda boring.
https://argentorecords.bandcamp.com/album/demented-incantations
https://argentorecords.bandcamp.com/album/semper-dolens
https://argentorecords.bandcamp.com/album/faceless-entity
https://argentorecords.bandcamp.com/album/imminence

And, for a better one Deha/Transcending Rites - Worship of the Triumvirs
https://deha.bandcamp.com/album/worship-of-the-triumvirs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Dang, Absu is pretty awesome. Got some pretty good thrash inflected riffs thrown in the mix too. Parts remind me of Skeletonwitch.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
One of my favorite bands; unfortunately Proscriptor is a shithead.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Proscriptor McGovern sounds like some lame as poo poo used car salesman. gently caress him, no need to listen to anything he's done. Melissa Moore is better than that turd. I saw Sonja live awhile back and they were pretty good heavy metal, and Crossspitter rules.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I never really understood why he picked a fake last name that's just a regular last name people have. Is it supposed to fit the Celtic theme they were going for back in the day?

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
absu shirt, opeth wristband

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

the duality of man

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

mikael. on the guitar. martin, when the bass growled

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
Had the pleasure of seeing Amorphis last night. It was absolutely fantastic, they played flawlessly, the mix was great and the dude's vocals were amazing. Great growl and cleans. Really recommend seeing them if you can. Seeing Death of a King live was badass, that song slaps.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

henpod posted:

Had the pleasure of seeing Amorphis last night. It was absolutely fantastic, they played flawlessly, the mix was great and the dude's vocals were amazing. Great growl and cleans. Really recommend seeing them if you can. Seeing Death of a King live was badass, that song slaps.

did they play much from karelian isthmus or tales from the thousand lakes?

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

henpod posted:

Had the pleasure of seeing Amorphis last night.

You're in Vizovice too? Hmu if you want to grab a beer between shows.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice

Doctor Teeth posted:

did they play much from karelian isthmus or tales from the thousand lakes?

Not too familiar with their stuff but you know a band is good when you enjoy songs that you've never heard before!

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice

NihilCredo posted:

You're in Vizovice too? Hmu if you want to grab a beer between shows.

Would love to bud, but this was last night in Bulgaria.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

I learned of GBH this past weekend and drat they are good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhTaULr0KbA

Saw them twice in San Bernardino, California. First time it was over 100 degrees outside and he still wore that jacket the first 20 minutes or so:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93qb2jHsq4Y

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

henpod posted:

I'm happy for you but I need you to know that in skimming this thread I definitely thought that said Animorphs

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

please don't doxx my concert fit

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

absu shirt, opeth wristband, can’t lose

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Hacksaw Surgery by Guttural Slug has an EEEEEEEEE that Chris Barnes WISHES he could pull off

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
https://twitter.com/GhoulOfficial/status/1545887616385437696

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

henpod posted:

I'll be catching them at a festival in a few weeks, as well as Jess and the Ancient Ones. :getin:

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I used to like the basic thrash and power metal and now I get down to the most ignorant dumbass caveman poo poo. Is this the progress we want?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Anybody know what the metal venues are in Seattle? I'm moving there next month. Also good local bands to check out would be appreciated. As in bands who mostly play around town, not the Drawn and Quarteredes or Bell Witches or Metal Churches of the area.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Varg posted:

I used to like the basic thrash and power metal and now I get down to the most ignorant dumbass caveman poo poo. Is this the progress we want?

absolutely.

i cant wait until its just a 80khz tone with grunting over it

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

absolutely.

i cant wait until its just a 80khz tone with grunting over it

that's basically grave upheaval

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

A human heart posted:

that's basically grave upheaval

true, they dont even title their albums or songs

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Grave Upheaval are the metal equivalent of that part in Dark Souls 1 where you're in a pitch black cave and occasionally a giant skeleton emerges from the darkness and kills you

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

does gravewurm count as caveman poo poo? i've been listening to them a lot lately

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Thought this was Ghost at first

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Doctor Teeth posted:

does gravewurm count as caveman poo poo? i've been listening to them a lot lately

I guess they kinda are caveman black metal.. but those vocals man, not only are they still pretty intelligible, they're just straight up bad. It sounds like me trying to growl along to poo poo in my car.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Doctor Teeth posted:

they're really influenced by hellhammer so yes

MillertimeLTP
Oct 12, 2021

Henchman of Santa posted:

Anybody know what the metal venues are in Seattle? I'm moving there next month. Also good local bands to check out would be appreciated. As in bands who mostly play around town, not the Drawn and Quarteredes or Bell Witches or Metal Churches of the area.

El Corazon is the most common venue that most tours seem to go through, although you’ll also wanna keep an eye on Showbox Market, Showbox SoDo, The Kraken, the Funhouse, and a few others I’m certainly forgetting. For local bands, I’m a big power metal/traditional metal fan, so I always like to see Greyhawk, Solicitor, or Skelator.

Cynicus
May 1, 2008

owling furies.

MikeCrotch posted:

Thought this was Ghost at first

how dare.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Amon Amarth/Carcass/Obituary/Cattle Decap tour:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cf6jNv-r55P/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

oh gently caress yeah this will be fun, i have not been to a show since before covid and this might finally get me to go.

Gonna row an imaginary boat on the dirty loving floor and grin like an idiot doing it

WoodrowSkillson fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jul 12, 2022

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I don’t care for Cattle Decapitation but the other three god drat hell yeah. I don’t want covid but that Orlando date is tempting :gizz:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Kilometers Davis posted:

I don’t care for Cattle Decapitation

:catstare:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I would definitely bolt before Amon Amarth. A band that has not written a single riff that is one iota as good as any given riff on Necroticism should not be headlining over Carcass.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

zzzzzzzzzzzz

sorry pal they just don’t do it for me even if I thought they did for a while

i like the weird goblin vocals but that’s about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Henchman of Santa posted:

I would definitely bolt before Amon Amarth. A band that has not written a single riff that is one iota as good as any given riff on Necroticism should not be headlining over Carcass.

ok nerd