Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

pedophile accusations without proof, or at least some kind of legitimate good cause, should be an immediate ban

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

That’s why you have to trust and empower your mods to make decisions based on context. An admission that you don’t want to make choices just vindicates one side and leaves the other side not feeling listened to. It becomes an us vs them when admin policy is to ignore nuance

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm remembering when some qcs dipshit posted some vtuber clip that was a joke about them being galaxy themed or w/e so they're technically a baby in the grand scheme of the cosmos and people just took it as fact that she's actually underage for like 3/4th of the entire vtuber drama. I think fluff was the only admin/mod to actually watch the clip and say that's not what it was saying, which was funny to me.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Did y'all just post seventeen pages of content overnight? What'd i miss?

Yes i already know about Hideo Kojima assassinating former president Shinzo Abe

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah people were sincereposting about how those vtuber freaks want to gently caress a literal baby, truly incredible hustle

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mister Facetious posted:

Did y'all just post seventeen pages of content overnight? What'd i miss?

Yes i already know about Hideo Kojima assassinating former president Shinzo Abe
forums drama, mechs, that

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

remember the chuunibyou concern troll, honestly had to hand it to that guy, it was good work. seem to remember fluffdaddy thinking it was very concerning though, which is maybe slightly zorak-level fail for an ADTRW mod

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Namtab posted:

There was one admin that Baal felt supported by, and it wasn’t you.

i kinda feel like fluffdaddy's subtly mischaracterizing the entire baal thing talking about "us" treating mods like poo poo because i really clearly remember his frustration about getting no support when qcs and fyad were barraging the forum

you can talk a lot about "changing the culture" and it means absolutely nothing when there's one special subforum where it is ok and encouraged to make hate threads and simultaneously act like the forum's moral compass while also being able to say all the slurs they want

i dont really care about them having their zone i mostly care when they are celebrated for spilling out and throwing slime all over the walls

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

The best part of that is that the drama crew accusing everyone of being a pedophile has had 0 hits, while plutonis actually called out a thread about people posting about how much they wanted to gently caress actual minors and ADTWR inmediately permabanned the mod who got caught retweeting pedo poo poo on Twitter.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Never seen a slur in qcs?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i don't mean qcs

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

This is less about the discussion happening right now and more about the general concept of getting a mod for ADTRW, but an opinion I just wanna throw out there is that I would like to see the eventual next mod be someone that accepts the gig moreso to engage with the community than to be someone that has to clean up the place. Not that the latter is never needed but for the most part this place doesn't need as much mod action as other forums? Specifically I'm thinking about The Book Barn as a model which for my money's worth is a fine place to talk about books in no small part due to HA's hard work over the years. Make the place feel less stagnant, as it were. I realize that's kinda vague but it's not a simple process after all.

I don't have a specific candidate for that in mind though! It's certainly a big ask. I've gone over these thoughts with a few pals and they have told me that they agree but also to never nominate them haha.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
fine i'll be mod jeez

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

FilthyImp posted:

It's not Anime posters, but people brigading in from other forums going "Won't anyone do anything about the degenerate pedophiles in our midsts!" Though, even within the sub we have people that say poo poo like ":rolleyes: are we ever going to stop watching content for 15 year old Otaku :jerkbag:"

And also, from previous accounts, the Mod receives next to no support from others when it comes time to ask for probes and whatnot.

Why does this guy have a hateboner against me

Anyway allow me to bring up my new forums grudge,

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Srice posted:

This is less about the discussion happening right now and more about the general concept of getting a mod for ADTRW, but an opinion I just wanna throw out there is that I would like to see the eventual next mod be someone that accepts the gig moreso to engage with the community than to be someone that has to clean up the place. Not that the latter is never needed but for the most part this place doesn't need as much mod action as other forums? Specifically I'm thinking about The Book Barn as a model which for my money's worth is a fine place to talk about books in no small part due to HA's hard work over the years. Make the place feel less stagnant, as it were. I realize that's kinda vague but it's not a simple process after all.

I don't have a specific candidate for that in mind though! It's certainly a big ask. I've gone over these thoughts with a few pals and they have told me that they agree but also to never nominate them haha.

Honestly this is one of the easiest modding gigs on the site. Its not controversial like a politics forum, its not busy like GBS. But again, people are not willing to do it because being a mod puts a target on their back.

This forum gets 5-6 reports a week, almost always about spoilers in the One Piece thread, or someone being an rear end in a top hat in this thread. That's it.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
guy who could help the people who get targets on their back: it puts a target on your back!!! nothing we can do!!!!!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

sounds like a sweet gig, namtab will love it

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Send a PM

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Namtab posted:

Send a PM
buy me plat. not a bribe btw

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Think we just found a flaw in the mod selection technique

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Fluffdaddy posted:

But I have also distanced myself because just like with the VTubers, there just has to be someone to be disgusting and we inevitably had a yearly outing of a creeper.
so excise the tumor, don't kill the host. I don't see what's so hard about this. did TVIV get shut down because aatrek was a pedophile, no you just ban the problem posters.

Endorph posted:

i think pedophile accusations without proof, or at least some kind of legitimate good cause, should be an immediate ban. imo.
this was the case and they stopped doing it since too many dipshits were getting banned because the only insult they could think up was calling people pedophiles lol

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'm remembering when some qcs dipshit posted some vtuber clip that was a joke about them being galaxy themed or w/e so they're technically a baby in the grand scheme of the cosmos and people just took it as fact that she's actually underage for like 3/4th of the entire vtuber drama. I think fluff was the only admin/mod to actually watch the clip and say that's not what it was saying, which was funny to me.
lol I forgot about that one, truly a perfect example of "let's take this obvious bad faith take and run with it and see how far we can go"

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

verbal enema posted:

fine i'll be mod jeez

thank you

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

make me the mod, i'll have a breakdown in 5 days and go on a reign of terror before resurfacing in 8 months to post duwang level scans of a 28 year old manga

(please don't actually make me a mod)

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Srice posted:

The biggest thing that helped TBB was Lowtax Yikeseroo since a lot of the rear end in a top hat serious Literature crew stopped posting after that

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Instead of watching anime I've been watching Stranger on netflix and it's pretty great and I'm going to go watch more of it now

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Booky posted:

make me the mod, i'll have a breakdown in 5 days and go on a reign of terror before resurfacing in 8 months to post duwang level scans of a 28 year old manga

(please don't actually make me a mod)
we could do worse than a second owl day

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

homeless snail posted:

we could do worse than a second owl day

who was owl day, again

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

owl day was the previous identity of, the mod that was radicalized by kill la kill and became host to the spirit of matoi ryuko

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

homeless snail posted:

owl day was the previous identity of, the mod that was radicalized by kill la kill and became host to the spirit of matoi ryuko

oh poo poo was that the mod who had the big breakdown about the tsunami in japan and also people criticizing darling in the franxx?? lmao

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Dude seemed like he was having a real rough time irl, hope he's doing alright these days.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4006780

Not a discussion thread, but an announcement. Just so everyone on this sub can see it.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Fluffdaddy posted:

Good afternoon,

This subforum needs a moderator

verbal enema posted:

fine i'll be mod jeez

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
make snail a mod so his destructive tendencies are directed inwards instead of outwards

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

the guy who sincerely thought chuuni was pedo code was the only funny thing to happen in those threads

but yeah endorphs posts are correct imo. its wild to see the admins complain about people not wanting to be mods when ive literally never seen them support a mod getting poo poo on for no reason lol

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
me as a mod :

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
make baal a mod again, I want to see a hat trick

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
So I remember watching the anime adaptation of Utawarerumono when it came over 100 years ago--are all the shows that came after direct sequels or some sort of reboot?

I doubt I'll pick em up, but I'm curious if it's been the same story all this time.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Everything Burrito posted:

Instead of watching anime I've been watching Stranger on netflix and it's pretty great and I'm going to go watch more of it now

Stranger is great. The first season sets up an insanely good mystery and it’s a ride the whole way down. All the reveals kept me on the edge of my seat.

Season 2 I’m not as big on at the moment. The inciting incident isn’t that compelling and it still seems like it’s spinning it’s wheels at trying to find the grand conspiracy/problem that’s forcing the characters to clash with each other. It’s still good, but it’s definitely missing what made season 1 so good.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Fluffdaddy posted:

I think saying "I make mods melt down" is kinda lovely. Like in what context is that healthy, and why would anyone want to come in behind it and be the next mod?

I think it’s insane that you posted this after how little help baal got with any modding lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Shinjobi posted:

So I remember watching the anime adaptation of Utawarerumono when it came over 100 years ago--are all the shows that came after direct sequels or some sort of reboot?

I doubt I'll pick em up, but I'm curious if it's been the same story all this time.

The first season is an adaptation of the first game.

The next two series (with one currently airing) are adaptations of the next two games which take place a while after the first game has happened. They have characters that are from the first game but they aren’t central to the plot. You can definitely watch the next series without having watched the first but you’ll lose out on a bunch of callbacks and a little bit of plot here and there. You absolutely cannot start with the currently airing season because it’s a direct sequel to the second season.