Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Dryzen posted:

I think it’s insane that you posted this after how little help baal got with any modding lmfao

Okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

the uta games also all have alright (1's remake by NISA) to great (2/3 by Atlus) official localizations now so I'd recommend just playing those if you have any interest in the sequels. I haven't watched them in full, but the anime for 2 and likely 3 are generally agreed to have some fun bits of animation and moments but aren't as solid as the old anime as adaptations.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

i mean yeah? you made a bunch of posts blaming everyone here for why no one wants to mod, but like, everybody saw how much support baal got from the admins

people who call you a pedo get slapped down immediately but people were doing it to baal a bunch near the end and it was crickets

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Subtitle to the Mod thread should be:

"Is this a Shitpost?! Reborn in Another Forum as the Most Hated Mod"

But otherwise great! Will some of the names here thrown about be in consideration?

studio mujahideen posted:

people who call you a pedo get slapped down immediately but people were doing it to baal a bunch near the end and it was crickets
Baal really burned out thanks to that whole mess, and I am guessing a big part of it was queuing up bans or probes for the admin team to override or just not get them? It seems like that was a big hassle, as well as general deafness to their concerns because "lol ADTRW"

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jul 9, 2022

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Motto posted:

the uta games also all have alright (1's remake by NISA) to great (2/3 by Atlus) official localizations now so I'd recommend just playing those if you have any interest in the sequels. I haven't watched them in full, but the anime for 2 and likely 3 are generally agreed to have some fun bits of animation and moments but aren't as solid as the old anime as adaptations.

Well, the sequels are also like, 40-60 hour games depending on how much you want to do, so keep that in mind too. If you’re just want to get the story the anime will definitely be less time involved.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

studio mujahideen posted:

i mean yeah? you made a bunch of posts blaming everyone here for why no one wants to mod, but like, everybody saw how much support baal got from the admins

What happen in public forums is only half the story. I am not going to put Baals business out there, but before there was even an opportunity to do anything, they bailed. Did we not act fast enough? Yea. Were we given any opportunity to rectify the conflict? No.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

FilthyImp posted:

Baal really burned out thanks to that whole mess, and I am guessing a big part of it was queuing up bans or probes for the admin team to override or just not get them? It seems like that was a big hassle, as well as general deafness to their concerns because "lol ADTRW"

This didn't happen.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
As far as we know, Baal only came back as a favor to Julias. I definitely could see him deciding things weren't worth it after the mess that happened.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

The Black Stones posted:

Stranger is great. The first season sets up an insanely good mystery and it’s a ride the whole way down. All the reveals kept me on the edge of my seat.

Season 2 I’m not as big on at the moment. The inciting incident isn’t that compelling and it still seems like it’s spinning it’s wheels at trying to find the grand conspiracy/problem that’s forcing the characters to clash with each other. It’s still good, but it’s definitely missing what made season 1 so good.

Yeah, I'm working on S2 now and it's not quite as tense or tight. I'd probably still watch a 3rd season if they keep making them though, I love the characters.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

julias stepped down right?? idr many of the anime mods besides the most recent one who went on a fe server i was in and then got perma'd here for pedo poo poo

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I have an interview at Walmart not thrilled but I'm p sure it's 3rd shift so I can just stock stuff and be left alone

I think the local Walmart closes at 11pm which would be nice

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

verbal enema posted:

I'm p sure it's 3rd shift so I can just stock stuff and be left alone

You'd think this, huh?

But it might be different for a Wal-Mart that closes at 11 than my Macy's that closes at 9. Whenever we're open late for a sale, those night hours ARE usually pretty dead.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

bastard sucks. its not even bad in a funny way imo

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

rofl

https://twitter.com/invaderalex/status/1545785407790612481

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

marumaru posted:

bastard sucks. its not even bad in a funny way imo

the manga loving rocks but thats a shame, hasn't really gotten to watch the netflix adaptation yet

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Fluffdaddy posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4006780

Not a discussion thread, but an announcement. Just so everyone on this sub can see it.

I don't have PMs but I nominate Namtab. And not as a joke in case you think that but a sincere suggestion.

E: Wait, I guess I brought plat a decade ago and had forgotten

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jul 9, 2022

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Plutonis posted:

the manga loving rocks but thats a shame, hasn't really gotten to watch the netflix adaptation yet

take my post with a grain of salt, im easily put off by fanservice in anime and BOY does it have fanservice
stuff that i imagine is a panel or two in the manga gets 15 very awkward seconds of moaning in the anime

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Have people watch Bastard, then they'll truly appreciate the "in my day" of 90s anime VHS tapes.

//oh, looks like My Dress-Up Darling is getting a special fan event in Sept

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jul 9, 2022

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

finished trigun, liked it

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Original Trigun?

I rewatched it recently and was surprised at how well it aged. Vash being a wholesome goofball really carries it I think.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

vash fuckin carries it yeah

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Booky posted:

julias stepped down right?? idr many of the anime mods besides the most recent one who went on a fe server i was in and then got perma'd here for pedo poo poo

Yeah, I had been planning to step down before burning out all the way back in early 2021. Once Wark Say got banned and I dealt with the v-tuber thread issues at the time, I focused on looking for two replacement mods so that way they could ease into the position and help each other out, and then I'd step down after they got settled in.

Unfortunately the well had been poisoned at this point, and due to various factors, everyone that the admins and I approached about it turned the offer to be a mod down. I don't think the recent drama was the only reason for that. As others have said, it's a pretty thankless job that doesn't pay anything and paints a target on your back. Especially in the modern day, with people's real life identities being much more out there online and SA having an ingrained culture spawning a decade or two, it makes for a high bar for entry without much worthwhile payoff.

Baal had actually initially declined my offer for returning as a mod, but changed his mind because he could see that I was burning out and didn't want me to suffer because of it. I'm thankful that he took over because it gave me time to focus on other things, to relieve the stress that had accumulated, and to get a fresh perspective on how I was moderating at the time. I am still regretful about how things played out with baal here, but he's currently happier not having to deal with the stress of dealing with goons, so I'm glad he was able to get out in the end.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Anyways here's some cursed content:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyscSDifTg0

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Mokinokaro posted:

Original Trigun?

I rewatched it recently and was surprised at how well it aged. Vash being a wholesome goofball really carries it I think.

Aside from the new one coming next year isn’t there only one Trigun anime currently or did I miss something?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

well there is the movie

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Julias posted:

Why is there a unicorn Mr.Sparkle?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Ponyhead from Star vs the Forces of Evil

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Everyone welcome Namtab as one of your new mods for ADTRW!

We are still looking for a second, because two are better than one, so please keep your suggestions rolling.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
congrats namtab :toot:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Congrats and condolences namtab!

But for real good luck and don't let the stress get to you.

JimmyBiskit
Nov 15, 2007
*looks up from painting a target on namtab's back*

congrats namtab

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The Catholics have white smoke. What do we have. Kamehameha in the sky?

Namtab, best of luck and congrats!
Now why don't we have IKs in this forum, MOD

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back
can't believe a new era of vtuber threads is upon us

marumaru
May 20, 2013

yay we can now chat about anime in the anime thread instead of politics and forums drama

speaking of which i dont think im gonna manage to follow my 3-episodes-before-dropping rule with kanokari s2. i loving hate kazuya so much

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Congrats Namtab. The Karens remain powerful.

Glad to hear Baal's doing well too.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

A just punishment

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Good luck Namtab

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Julias posted:

I like that they didn't even bother refuting the scientist at the end saying "wait, is this even a good idea?"

Just insanely cynical, gross, and apparently doesn't have anything to do with or involve any of the original creators, amazing!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Captain Invictus posted:

Just insanely cynical, gross, and apparently doesn't have anything to do with or involve any of the original creators, amazing!

So a typical Disney product?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Maybe now Namtab can unslow the Karens